PDA

View Full Version : 24: The Game

edczxcvbnm
03-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Okay...this game sucks but being a monster fan of the show...it rocks. The story is really quite awesome and does really bridge the gap from the second to the third season and you see how some of the bigger characters become a part of CTU such as Chase and Cloey.

The game is not long and there are a few missions that seem more like luck rather than skill(see any driving mission). I am on hour 21 right now and I can't finish it up because my POS2 died on me at long last(I will attempt to fix it or wait for the price to drop $50 bones) so I can't finish up the last few hours yet. To get this far in the game took about 7 hours of me being a jackass and dieing about a trillion times.

If you are a fan of the series you owe it to yourself to rent it for the story. I would wait until there are some FAQs up at www.gamefaqs.com first incase you need advice on how to beat certain levels. I hear there is some sort of stupid glitch at the end also but I have not made it that far yet.

Everyone else...beware. You might even want to run away from it.

Dreddz
03-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Rest assure I wont be buying the game, thank god Im not into 24. I can only hope they dont make a Nip/Tuck game, as Ill be strangling myself if I dont go out and buy that.

Old Manus
03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
The camera was pretty bad when I played it, and the aiming system was wieldy

Shaun
03-07-2006, 04:07 PM
The game is great but the driving sucks.

I'd still be playing it now, but... Wait, ANOTHER bug? That's right, people. The bug this time corrupted my save file, about ten hours in. Am I doing all that again? Hell no.

Edit: Am I the only one who can spell 'Chloe' correctly? Or is her name actually spelt differently?

edczxcvbnm
03-07-2006, 04:22 PM
You spelled it right but I have this problem with spelling stuff...in that I am bad at it.

I ran into that save data corruption bug...but it was thankfully in hour 1.

I tried to use the manual aiming system so I could get head shots but it is even more unstable than the auto aim feature.

Slothy
03-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Played the demo, and though I'm a fan of the show, I'd rather carve my own eyes out of my head with a rusty spoon than pay money for this game. Definitely craptacular in the gameplay department. With KH2 coming out this month and many other better games in the future, I can't justify it no matter how much it may explain of what happened after season 2.

edczxcvbnm
03-08-2006, 04:14 AM
As I said you should rent it. It is definitly worth a rental and can easily be beaten in 5 days.

Shaun
03-08-2006, 02:42 PM
The demo did suck though, and they actually improved that level a bit from the demo in the full game - I hated the demo. And yeah, for the save corruption bug, did you get a blue kind of border surrounding the black saving screen that has the memory card icon? That's what I got. A real pain. And I've always used manual aiming. I cannot stand auto-aim in any games; it ruins the gameplay and takes away the challenge.

edczxcvbnm
03-08-2006, 03:21 PM
The game just froze for me. So I had to reset the system and when I started up it had to create the save data again.

I tried to use manual aim but it was not very accurate, had problems with hit detection...and over all was a pain in the ass. I would agree with you but what little skill this game requires was not worth me getting mad at their /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty manual aim programming.

~SapphireStar~
03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
I did like 24 once, but I grew tired ot it. My boyfriend is still crazy about it and is still watching it. I think he may avoid the game because he sees TV spin off/movie games as a let down.