PDA

View Full Version : Advice on FFX-2

MisterRikku
03-07-2006, 11:53 AM
hi guys,

i've just moved onto Chapter 5 in FFX-2. Does anybody have any tips and advice before i go on?

Like what is the best level and most realistic level that i need to be for the end boss?

:)

Renmiri
03-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Some people beat Vegnagun at 40 but at 60 you would be sure to beat it. He is not that hard actually. Oh, and when Pacce finds a new dungeon in Bevelle, you do not need to finish it to complete the game, you just need to go up to level 20.
After the 40th floor that dungeon gets much harder than beating Vegnagun...
And right after you defeat Shuyin and you are back to the Farplane "flower carpet" you need to press X twice and answer yes to the kid fayth. Then just relax and enjoy the ending (there is a surprise after the credits roll, but only if you press the X)

boys from the dwarf
03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
you dont need to go down 20 floors of that massive dungeon. its 100% optional.

Renmiri
03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, you do if you want to get the last 2 Crimsom spheres and then be able to get into the Den of Woe.

Don't you need to finish the Den of Woe to get a game complete ?

MisterRikku
03-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys, i'd better get my levels up. I'm upto level 43,44,45.

I appreciate the advice, thank you!!

Tavrobel
03-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, you do if you want to get the last 2 Crimsom spheres and then be able to get into the Den of Woe.

Don't you need to finish the Den of Woe to get a game complete ?

You need Den of Woe to get an "Area Complete", which is used to obtain the Mascot.

Some people beat Vegnagun at 40 but at 60 you would be sure to beat it. He is not that hard actually. Oh, and when Pacce finds a new dungeon in Bevelle, you do not need to finish it to complete the game, you just need to go up to level 20.
After the 40th floor that dungeon gets much harder than beating

Well, the bosses are harder than Vegnagun until 80, where you start encountering mandatory fiends (Mega Tonberries) that do random amounts of damage above your HP limit.
And for Vegnagun, as long as you have an Alchemist who knows Mega-Potion stash, or you have a plethora of Potions/Hi-Potions and can mix them quickly/have cursor set on memory, you should pound Vegnagun into the ground. You won't be able to get the free Hero Drinks from defeating the 3 orbs, however. Your damage is too low at anything below level 75 or lower to make it worth the killing.

So if you want to see the ending, then beat Vegnagun normally, but do not save a New Game Plus file. (which from that point you can do at any time).

IceAngel
03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Also, if you want to get the Mascot Dressphere (not sure if this counts to the 100% completion - just in case you wana get the dressphere though) don't leave Zanarkard to be the last Episode complete. This is because you have to go straight back to the celsius afterwards and at Zanarkand you kind of dont.

Old Manus
03-07-2006, 09:47 PM
You can beat the final boss at level 20, easy

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Well, if cheating isn't a problem for you, get a turbo controller for Trigger-Happy.
Otherwise just focus on attack. You don't need to worry about defense if you can attack well enough.

MisterRikku
03-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Well i did it!!!!

I got a 71% completion which means i'm gonna through it again!

I used:

Yuna as a White Mage
Rikku as a Dark Knight
Paine as a Warrior/Dark Knight

I loved the ending!!!

mega_tonberry
03-08-2006, 01:34 AM
And if you want it too be easier this time, get cat-nip and use trigger happy.

Markus. D
03-10-2006, 01:32 AM
You can beat the final boss at level 20, easy

yes, agreeable. go 20+ when fighting Vegnagun+[SPOILERICIOUS].

but yeah.... lvl 90-99 once past floor 50 if your thinking of finishing Via Infinito Legitly.

Yew-Yevon
03-10-2006, 06:03 AM
I beat that dungon without too much trobble....try fighting the fiend in the desert after finding all the cactuars...now thats a bit of a hand full.

Ramza Beoulve
03-10-2006, 06:35 AM
Angra? Peace of cake with two Dark Knights and an Alchemist, or two Gunner(trigger happy and cat nips) and one job of your choice