PDA

View Full Version : Er...

McLovin'
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I just don't understand the film.
The whole Aerith appears here and there thing, the 3 silver haired men going after "mother", and then Kadaj becomes Sephiroth!? What?
Then a magical rain comes down and cures everyone of Geostigma. Whoopey. :eep:
And why is "mother" sealed within a little box?

AH! I just don't get it!

Setzer Gabianni
03-07-2006, 04:24 PM
It was fanservice for those who liked Clud and fancy graphics.

~Setzer Gabianni

dragontamer
03-07-2006, 05:35 PM
yes but the trailers ive watched have LOADS of screenshots of aeris (how do you pronoune this by the way) i mean, shes dead isnt she. they cant reserect her....Can they?
(i havent played the game)

McLovin'
03-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Great help guys. We got a FF7 hater and a person who hasn't even played the game.

Joy.

dragontamer
03-07-2006, 06:32 PM
YOU'R WELCOME!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Masamune·1600
03-07-2006, 08:46 PM
The whole Aerith appears here and there thing,

After Aeris died in FFVII, she essentially became the directing consciousness of the Lifestream; that is, via strength of will, it seems she can somewhat direct the vast power of the Lifestream. This is anticipated by her "appearance" at the very end of FFVII, and establishes itself most clearly in the purging of Geostigma from its victims. Her periodic appearances to Cloud revolve around the fact that, even at the time of AC, he was unable to fully forgive himself for her (and others') deaths.

the 3 silver haired men going after "mother", and then Kadaj becomes Sephiroth!? What?

Kadaj is a Remnant of Sephiroth. This means that, as was also the case with Loz and Yazoo, he was formed when Sephiroth's body was blown apart following the final chain of events in the original game. Having been formed from Sephiroth, the three SHM are Sephiroth, in a sense, and instinctually desire to merge with JENOVA cells, which Kadaj does.

Sephiroth is, effectively, almost indistinguishable from JENOVA, as he was given JENOVA cells while still in the womb, and has thus become the conscious embodiment of JENOVA's immutable aims. The aims become more complicated in Sephiroth, but stay true to the quintessential "needs" of JENOVA.

This matters because Sephiroth's will is more important to his identity than his body. His identity is bound up in his personal perception--the silver haired man with the long sword--but the shape-altering qualities of JENOVA can replicate this completely (as seen with the Sephiroth forms encountered throughout the original game). His will, however, even though identical in fundamental goal to JENOVA, is unique, and therefore is necessary for JENOVA to fully manifest the form of Sephiroth. In being Remnants, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo also manifested the thoughts/will of Sephiroth. Hence, Kadaj and the others are unknowingly subject (to a degree) to Sephiroth, embodied in their desire to bring about "Reunion." When, then, Kadaj merges his physical body (the biological material of Sephiroth, and, more importantly, the manifestation of Seph's thoughts and will), it is possible for a fully real Sephiroth to again realize himself on Gaia.

What this means, in the long run, is that Sephiroth can only truly die when all JENOVA cells are eliminated, and/or when it becomes impossible for him to manifest his will on Gaia. Some JENOVA cells likely still exist following AC, but it seems unlikely that there is any obvious way for Sephiroth to use them to again manifest himself.

Then a magical rain comes down and cures everyone of Geostigma. Whoopey. :eep:

The most common explanation for the rain is that it is AC's representation/interpretation of Aeris' final Limit Break, Great Gospel.

And why is "mother" sealed within a little box?

The box contains the cells of JENOVA. As Remnants of Sephiroth, it's hardly surprising that the SHM view JENOVA as Mother.

Hope that helps.

McLovin'
03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks a lot dude! :)

Another question.

Why was Cloud associated with Rufus and gang?

At that spring where Kadaj tells the kids to drink out of the water they suddenly act differently after drinking; why what was wrong with them?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-07-2006, 10:09 PM
and who the heck does Cloud think he is feeding those kids water, John the Baptist?

McLovin'
03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Clear and simple.

Jesus.

guffman
03-08-2006, 04:17 AM
CLoud is associated with the Turks because he is an intense badass as are the Turks, they are meant to be friends!

dragontamer
03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
hey can anyone give me a website where i can bye ff7 (AND CHEAP) . i just cant find it were i live.
cheers!!:D

McLovin'
03-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Try Japan.

Masamune·1600
03-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks a lot dude! :)

Another question.

Sorry I'm only getting to these now. I've had a busy week.

Why was Cloud associated with Rufus and gang?

Cloud was initially approached by Rufus to see if he would consider acting as a bodyguard. Cloud declined. Later, Cloud and the Turks were drawn together by common circumstance--Edge (the new city) was in trouble, and they were able to help each other.

It should be noted that Rufus is reformed; he's no longer a villain. His speech to Kadaj before Bahamut TREMOR is summoned demonstrates this.

At that spring where Kadaj tells the kids to drink out of the water they suddenly act differently after drinking; why what was wrong with them?

The Black Water that Denzel and the other children drank had been infused with Kadaj's will; it was meant to activate their Reunion instincts (remember that they had Geostigma), which would in turn lead the SHM to the "head of JENOVA." In all likelihood, Kadaj did this the same way the SHM summoned the Shadow Creepers--through manipulation of the "Negative Lifestream," the corrupted Spirit Energy of those who died from Geostigma.

McLovin'
03-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Ah. Thanks!

dragontamer
03-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Try Japan.
yes that realy going to help isnt it?!?!
i dont understand a word of japanese! ( exept KONICHI WA_good afternoon)
but maybe ill try when i go on holiday next year....;)

Fatal Impurity
03-10-2006, 05:41 PM
ill sell you mine......i live in england btw....

Shiny
03-10-2006, 10:16 PM
It was fanservice for those who liked Clud and fancy graphics.

~Setzer Gabianni
:laughing: Um...you do know what fanservice really is right? I don't want to be the one to tell you.

McLovin'
03-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Ahem...

The typically understood definition of "Fanservice" is inclusion of racy or sexual content (usually female, but also male) to titillate the viewer, such as nudity, and other forms of eye candy. Shower scenes are very common in movies, and in anime of the 1980s and 1990s, while many more recent TV series use trips to onsen (Japanese hot springs), or "obligatory" holiday episodes. These latter are often to tropical locales, in order to showcase the characters in bathing suits; all aim to depict characters in states of relative undress when it would otherwise be out of place with the tone of a series.

In anime two common types of fanservice are the panty shot and jiggling breasts (the latter was first introduced in Gainax's Gunbuster), both often overused to an almost silly level (that is often what is desired).

Have a nice day! :)

vampirepiggyhunter7
03-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks. Thanks for naming it er... I came in here unexpectedly from the front page. Thats why your supposed to wrap it in a spoiler banner thing.
Congrats on pissing me off...

Ishin Ookami
03-11-2006, 02:38 AM
The whole Aerith appears here and there thing,

After Aeris died in FFVII, she essentially became the directing consciousness of the Lifestream; that is, via strength of will, it seems she can somewhat direct the vast power of the Lifestream. This is anticipated by her "appearance" at the very end of FFVII, and establishes itself most clearly in the purging of Geostigma from its victims. Her periodic appearances to Cloud revolve around the fact that, even at the time of AC, he was unable to fully forgive himself for her (and others') deaths.

Unable to fully forgive himself? Funny I remember Cloud putting Aeries death and his angst behind him the game. Clouds guilt just really felt forced and contrived, not to mention the resolution defined half assed storytelling for this generation. Man and I thought "Leia, your my sister" and the following "I know" was poorly done. Clouds resolution to his relapse into survivors guilt makes "I dont like sand" seem like a credible line.

Kadaj is a Remnant of Sephiroth. This means that, as was also the case with Loz and Yazoo, he was formed when Sephiroth's body was blown apart following the final chain of events in the original game. Having been formed from Sephiroth, the three SHM are Sephiroth, in a sense, and instinctually desire to merge with JENOVA cells, which Kadaj does.

Exactly where and when did sephy have the time to grow these fruitcakes? last I checked the crater erupted, and boiling temperature's tend to destroy genetic material.

Sephiroth is, effectively, almost indistinguishable from JENOVA, as he was given JENOVA cells while still in the womb, and has thus become the conscious embodiment of JENOVA's immutable aims. The aims become more complicated in Sephiroth, but stay true to the quintessential "needs" of JENOVA.

Apparently, the quintessential "needs" of Jenova do not involve the quintessential "need" to duck when an opponent is attacking you with a sword during the films Anti-climactic battle.

This matters because Sephiroth's will is more important to his identity than his body. His identity is bound up in his personal perception--the silver haired man with the long sword--but the shape-altering qualities of JENOVA can replicate this completely (as seen with the Sephiroth forms encountered throughout the original game). His will, however, even though identical in fundamental goal to JENOVA, is unique, and therefore is necessary for JENOVA to fully manifest the form of Sephiroth. In being Remnants, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo also manifested the thoughts/will of Sephiroth. Hence, Kadaj and the others are unknowingly subject (to a degree) to Sephiroth, embodied in their desire to bring about "Reunion." When, then, Kadaj merges his physical body (the biological material of Sephiroth, and, more importantly, the manifestation of Seph's thoughts and will), it is possible for a fully real Sephiroth to again realize himself on Gaia.

Shorter answer, It wouldn't be FFVII if sephiroth didnt show up and prance around a bit. And honestly, would it have killed Nomura and Kitase to develop kadaj and the seph clones beyond the "norman bates clones in tight leather" caricature's that they were in AC?

What this means, in the long run, is that Sephiroth can only truly die when all JENOVA cells are eliminated, and/or when it becomes impossible for him to manifest his will on Gaia. Some JENOVA cells likely still exist following AC, but it seems unlikely that there is any obvious way for Sephiroth to use them to again manifest himself.

Bonus explanation: Sephy will only truly die when square has beaten the dead chocobo that is FFVII to the point that it is no longer profitable for them to do so. Seen the recent screenshots of KHII? Looks like it's time for round III, or is it IV? I've lost count.

The most common explanation for the rain is that it is AC's representation/interpretation of Aeris' final Limit Break, Great Gospel.

One small problem with that theory, she dead. Buried at sea last I checked. And I'm pretty sure the moment I try to understand the logic of having a dead girl give council to a depressed idiot, save said idiots life by healing his burns as he soars through a fireball and THROWING him higher, curing a global epidemic, resurrecting the same idiot we've been talking about after he is blown to itty bitty bits, then appearing in the flesh to tend to sick children while cloud plays "John the Baptist", well Im pretty sure that is the day my head implodes due to the mental short circut that attempting to understand "Logic" of that sort causes.

Honestly, I think it's best to just accept that AC has NOTHING resembling a logical or well thought out plot then to try to piece together one out of wishful thinking. I mean, it's like those fanboys who still try to argue that Phantom Menace was a great film and Jar Jar Binks is woefully misunderstood. Advent Children is fan service for all the Final Fantasy VII fans. Seeing Angelina Jolie lose her towel in Tomb Raider, Seeing Mario pull out a Ba Bomb in the Super mario movie, seeing cloud upgrade his limit break, It's all the same. Fan service for the video game crowd. I've lost hope that video game movies will ever be any good again, the video game industry doesnt want coherant storylines or competent direction, they want to see their video game hero's represented in living colour. Advent was created to cater to this mentality, and to make square $$$. Tomb raider, Resident Evil, Doom. None of these films were the slightest bit entertaining, yet they made money. Ditto for AC. Its not pretty, but it is reality.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-11-2006, 03:00 AM
I thought the first Tomb Raider movie was pretty entertaining. Sure, it was low brow but come on guys: it had Rimmer in it. Rimmer

cloud_doll
03-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Try Japan.
yes that realy going to help isnt it?!?!
i dont understand a word of japanese! ( exept KONICHI WA_good afternoon)
but maybe ill try when i go on holiday next year....;)

try amazon.com it might be cheap there if not try ebay.com

Markus. D
03-11-2006, 11:18 AM
its bassically more moraly based on Cloud mentally.

its not a fanservice.... its a great movie.

Ishin Ookami
03-11-2006, 12:43 PM
There should be a few stores in your hood that sell used video games, and typically when you find one that does sell them you will find FFVII. Otherwise, yah try Amazon or Ebay.

McLovin'
03-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks. Thanks for naming it er... I came in here unexpectedly from the front page. Thats why your supposed to wrap it in a spoiler banner thing.
Congrats on pissing me off...

Who asked you to read through the whole thread.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Isshin Ookami, you've been warned several times before. You will not be warned again. Stop trolling FFAC threads or I will ban you.

Leeza
03-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Sephiroth's Cage: Don't be a jerk.

Fatal Impurity
03-13-2006, 05:08 PM
outlaw star is practically full fanservice....so is love hina...but i love EVERY minute of it lol

McLovin'
03-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Sephiroth's Cage: Don't be a jerk.

I shall resist...

Ishin Ookami
03-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Isshin Ookami, you've been warned several times before. You will not be warned again. Stop trolling FFAC threads or I will ban you.

Hey, I got an idea, how bout you explain what you find so offensive in my posts, and I'll see if I can be more discreet in the future. Accusing me of trolling isnt really a strong argument as you havnt made any examples and I dont speak a WORD of L33T. You've been harassing me ever since I got here and frankly, It's been more than just a little annoying. Try making an actual, rational, point and we may actually get somewhere instead of going round in circles.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Obviously, they are trying to oppress your views.I guess you're going to have to make another 100 posts about how much you thought AC sucked.

Or at least enough to cause someone to care.

Fatal Impurity
03-17-2006, 03:28 PM
JERRY!!! JERRY!!! JERRY!!! EOFF gets funnier and more controversial every day lol FF:AC ruled though....so why doesnt anyone else share my views?

Leeza
03-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Any more spam and off-topic posts in this thread and I will be giving out warnings.

Ste "The Man" Sephiroth
03-18-2006, 02:51 AM
Lets just agree that FF:AC is greatness.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Yeah, although that wasn't really what this thread was about...

To answer the original questions.

1. Because she is an embodiment of the life stream.

2. Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo are a part of Sephiroth (despite speculation, I haven't actually seen an official source that actually states how they came into existence). Like Sephiroth, Jenova is their 'mother'.

3. By absorbing enough Jenova Cells, Sephiroth (who's consciousness exists within the cells) was able to manifest his form using Kadaj's body.

4. Aeris made it rain and it cures Geostigma. Why? Because she's awesome.

5. The box had Jenova's head in it. You know, the one that Sephiroth took with him after the Nibelheim incident. Obviously, it was still in the crater.

Fatal Impurity
03-26-2006, 04:59 PM
i always thought that the piece of jenova was the tentecle from the junon to CDS boat!!!!

Kadaj of SHM
03-29-2006, 01:35 PM
I cant believe that he could even compare AC with Star Wars Episode I: Phantom Menace.

AC was Brilliant. By the way, the info posted helped me understand a few things i didnt from the movie so thanks guys!! :)

AC RULES!

Fatal Impurity
04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
AC rules...and contrary to popular belief SW Epi1: Phantom menace rules!!!! btw what ever did happen to the jenova tentacle that sephy leaves behind (after the jenova battle) on the junon-CDS boat ??? (btw barret looked so GAY in that salior suit...it reminds me of the village people lol :D)

Dark Paladin
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Does anyone think its possible that Aeris was ressurected after Holy was activated and they just didn't show it on the VII game. Just a theory...

Fatal Impurity
04-05-2006, 11:39 AM
maybe....maybe not....who's to say....maybe thats whats gonna be revealed on the ps3/xbox 360 FF7 remake and the up and coming FF7: AC game....?

Ballistix Man
04-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Does anyone think its possible that Aeris was ressurected after Holy was activated and they just didn't show it on the VII game. Just a theory...
No because that is blatantly false. Aeris is in the lifestream as shown in AC.

Fatal Impurity
04-05-2006, 02:05 PM
loads of people love to come up with reasons and "ways to revive aeris" but they dont want to accept or admit the fact that she may never come back.....though there was quite a little teaser at the end of FF:AC so it MIGHT be possible....its just not likely

Dark Paladin
04-11-2006, 10:54 AM
well like i said it was just a theory.

Fatal Impurity
10-03-2006, 03:02 PM
all we can do is theorise until Square-Enix gives us concrete facts.....:(

Leeza
10-03-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread did not need to be revived.