PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they'll ever make a Parasite Eve 3

MisterRikku
03-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Hi,

does anybody know if Square Enix are gonna make a Parasite Eve 3? I really thought we might have seen one on the PS2.

This series is fantastic.

Sorry if this has already been a topic

:)

Slothy
03-08-2006, 02:32 AM
No word on one, but I wish they'd bring the series back. I never did play the second one, but the original was and still is one of my favorite games on the PSX, and possibly one of my favorites ever.

Carmilla
03-08-2006, 03:13 AM
I dont see it happening. I cant see any good reason why they would totally skip the PS2 and than release it on the PS3. :choc2:

Larahl
03-08-2006, 12:48 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe Parasite Eve based on a Japanese novel.
And the novel only had two volumes, so I don't think Square Enix
will make Parasite Eve 3.

MisterRikku
03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I( knew the first one was but i didnt know the second was. :)

Tempest
03-09-2006, 02:48 AM
It would be nice but, it's doubtful. Both games are great and the graphics are pretty cool, too.

Larahl
03-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah the second one is also about the book, there's also a Japanese movie.

Dreddz
03-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I should buy PE soon, should see what all the fuss is about.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Although there are exceptions, going an entire console generation without putting in any kind of appearance usually indicates the death of a series.

Slothy
03-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Either that or we can look forward to a remake/sequel in a few years when everyone least expects it, and when we have an entire generation of gamers asking what the hell PE was.

I've got no illusions about the possibility of this series coming back. I don't see it happening any time soon if it does at all. I do remember there being some rumor about a third one when the PS2 was originally coming out, but that obviously was either false or sort of vanished into the ether. It really is a shame though. The original game managed to be creepier and freakier than Resident Evil ever managed at times. The thought of what they could pull off on the next gen or even current gen systems has me hoping that Square may decide to revisit the series one day. Probably won't happen, but this is one of the few series I think was cut off before it even had the chance to reach it's prime.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah the second one is also about the book, there's also a Japanese movie.

The Japanese movie comes as a prequel to the games. It is absolutely hilarious, the special effects being very cheesy, but teaches a lot about the plot of the series and its juet a generally good story. Check it out if you can find it.

As for being a third game, I wouldn't hold your breath. Square-Enix would have to be really desperate to make sequels to every hit they (They, being Squaresoft or Enix for that matter) made. And since there really isn't anything else to base it off of, I wouldn't count on it at all.

DeathKnight
03-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I dont see it happening. I cant see any good reason why they would totally skip the PS2 and than release it on the PS3. :choc2:

My thoughts exactly. It'd just be hard for the game to come back out of nowhere. They'd have to re-invent tha blonde girl(forgot her name) and it would take too much time to make if they want to make it cinematic and good looking that is AKA FF quality.

Carmilla
03-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Although there are exceptions, going an entire console generation without putting in any kind of appearance usually indicates the death of a series.

Example: see Vagrant Story :cry: :cry: :cry: