PDA

View Full Version : >> The Smiths..

black orb
03-08-2006, 04:17 AM
>>> Who likes this band from the 80`s..
I have been listening lots of songs of various of their albums and I think they are truly awesome..
Some of their songs are so deep and depressive that make you sad and at the same time they have lyrics make me lol, and specially Morrissey vocals that make me lol even more, I mean he sounds so ironical like he is making fun of everything and everyone..

Jimmch939
03-08-2006, 06:06 PM
They are fantastic.

Lychon
03-08-2006, 06:41 PM
They sucked- all of there songs are easily forgotten, and they actually came out with an album called "Meat is Murder"! Can you believe the audacity of this 80's wanna-be rock group which fizzled out after 5 short years? Not one good song and very annoying band members.

-LYCHON

black orb
03-08-2006, 08:34 PM
They sucked- all of there songs are easily forgotten, and they actually came out with an album called "Meat is Murder"! Can you believe the audacity of this 80's wanna-be rock group which fizzled out after 5 short years? Not one good song and very annoying band members.

-LYCHON
>>> Lol, this is why I like UK bands so much, you either love 'em or hate them..

Pure Strife
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
That song What Difference Does It Make has some awesome little riffs. Otherwise no.

kikimm
03-08-2006, 11:41 PM
The only song I've heard from them is How Soon is Now, and I think it's great. Maybe not great enough for me to go out and pursue more from them though.

DMKA
03-09-2006, 04:42 AM
The only song I've heard from them is How Soon is Now
Same here, and the only reason I heard it was because I went after it when I found out it was the original. The first version I heard was Tatu's cover (which I really liked) and then Love Spit Love's cover (which I didn't like as much but was ok). I think The Smith's version is the worst of them, but that's just me.

black orb
03-09-2006, 05:10 AM
>>> Those Tatu bitches totally ruined that song, the original version is clearly superior..

Anyways, my fav songs from this band are:
Suffer Little Children
Still Ill
The Queen is Dead
I Know It's Over (my fav so far)
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Girlfriend In A Coma (i LOL everytime I hear this song..)

Jimmch939
03-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Same here, and the only reason I heard it was because I went after it when I found out it was the original. The first version I heard was Tatu's cover (which I really liked) and then Love Spit Love's cover (which I didn't like as much but was ok). I think The Smith's version is the worst of them, but that's just me.

Love spit love! I was trying to remember the name of that band. The first time I heard "how soon is now?" was their version, it was the opening song to some show back in the late '90's. I didn't know that song was a cover, I didn't find out until a few years later when upon the suggestion of a friend I decided to check out the Smiths. I downloaded their Meat is Murder record. I found most of it to be unimpressive until I heard track 6 (How soon is now?). That was the only track that stood out at first, however with subsequent listenings I grew to be more appreciative of the rest of the album.

Cz
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Morrissey's songwriting talents are horribly overrated, but they've got some good stuff, particularly Hatful of Hollow. They're not the legends that the music press makes them out to be, though.

DMKA
03-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Love spit love! I was trying to remember the name of that band. The first time I heard "how soon is now?" was their version, it was the opening song to some show back in the late '90's. I didn't know that song was a cover, I didn't find out until a few years later when upon the suggestion of a friend I decided to check out the Smiths. I downloaded their Meat is Murder record. I found most of it to be unimpressive until I heard track 6 (How soon is now?). That was the only track that stood out at first, however with subsequent listenings I grew to be more appreciative of the rest of the album.
Yeah, Love Spit Love's version was used as the opening song to Charmed, the show about teenage witches. Incidentally, it was also on the soundtrack to the movie "The Craft" which was also about teenage witches.

>>> Those Tatu bitches totally ruined that song, the original version is clearly superior..
Lies. The Smith's version blows in comparison.