PDA

View Full Version : Remake options

Zeromus_X
03-08-2006, 05:27 AM
So what do you think about the little options in the WSC and Origins ports? (Cancel Dash, Battle options, Auto-targetting, use of Life spells and Gold Needles, etc.)

Do you think they make the game easier and/or ruin the experience, or do you think they make the the game more enjoyable? :cat:

KoShiatar
03-14-2006, 10:38 PM
It depends on whether you're really really really old school or not. On one hand, old school players may feel that the game's original spirit has been betrayed (however, you could disable these options in Final Fantasy Origins).
On the other hand, they can make the game enjoyable for people who are at their first gaming expeience and/or who were feeling frustrated because of the excessive hardness of the original Final Fantasy.

Zeromus_X
03-15-2006, 12:05 AM
I just wanted to know what others felt because I feel guilty be using the cancel dash...and not taping down the button to buy potions :cry:

Memo save is kinda cheap too...I didn't even die in the Marshe Cave. :cat:

Vincent, Thunder God
03-22-2006, 11:33 PM
The only thing I do not like is dash - that makes it all too easy. Other than that they are all improvements. And as for the Memo Save, I say only use it if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. Sometimes it is, I mean the last dungeon is awful to complete without the Memo. I tried it and failed. On Normal difficulty, those 99 potions go very fast in that dungeon. I've never played an FF where the potions go so fast!!! I bet I can beat it, but it is tricky.

theundeadhero
03-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I really enjoyed being able to run instead of that slow walk. It sped the gameplay up.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-23-2006, 01:06 AM
I really enjoyed being able to run instead of that slow walk. It sped the gameplay up.
True, but for those of us who like a longer gameplay experience (such as I) it's worth it. It's not a long game, so I played it without the dash. Of course, in the later, long FFs I always run - on FF 9 I just set it to run right away most of the time. When I tried the dash, I thought "Well, this game is short, and a) this dash is too fast and b) to be true-er to the original game, I won't dash."

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I dash usually in town. But not in dungeons. :cat: :cat:

I don't think FFI is too hard, it just takes a lot of patience because it takes forever to level up.

a nirvana fan
04-09-2006, 09:24 PM
I think everything in the remakes are rubbish, the original FFI for the NES was great, the reason why is what so great is because it was the original FF, it had those "NES" graphics giving it the FFI - III image, also the remakes are really easy whereas the NES version is kinda hard which makes it better in a way. The remakes in my opinion are pathetic.:choc2:

DJZen
04-10-2006, 05:37 PM
The only thing I do not like is dash - that makes it all too easy.

That's funny, I could have sworn you just said you didn't like dash because it makes the game too easy.

Vincent, Thunder God
04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
The only thing I do not like is dash - that makes it all too easy.

That's funny, I could have sworn you just said you didn't like dash because it makes the game too easy.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. I tried the dash for one room, then found it too easy.

"that makes it all too easy" is a figure of speech implying that it the game is too easy with the dash. I don't get why you didn't understand that.

Cruise Control
04-11-2006, 11:23 PM
XD I like the remakes, better sound and all, but theyh shoudl have maintained the originals difficulty, and charachter sprites.

Markus. D
04-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Dash makes you run faster right?

... how does it make it easier?

Zeromus_X
04-12-2006, 04:20 AM
It's easier in the sense that you move faster, meaning you don't snail along dungeons like in the original. (Though to me, it seems you walk pretty fast in the NES version. Or I'm just crazy. :confused: ) Though it doesn't make gameplay easier, no, it just makes things more convenient.