edczxcvbnm
03-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I stole this post from another forum

Key Points:
* It is harder to level up.
* You cant button mash to beat enemies.
* Enemies dont leave money.

ARTICLE

Astonishment to human, and world. As for this rich expression power. As a game the highest level. The story of the tremendous expansion where it shakes the pleasant.

40/40 List Thus Far
* The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (Nintendo for Nintendo 64)
* Soul Calibur (Namco for Dreamcast)
* Vagrant Story (SquareSoft for PlayStation)
* The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker (Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
* Nintendogs (Nintendo for Nintendo DS)

Here's the scan of the scores: http://www.imgup.org/iup173465.jpg

What did I say people. Best FF yet. I have preached it for 4 years and BAM!

Carmilla
03-08-2006, 05:23 PM
While getting a perfect score in Famitsu is an accomplishment, i hardly think that it is the end all and be all.

For example, imo Nintendogs and Vagrant Story are NOT perfect games. :choc2:

Vivisteiner
03-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Best FF yet.
I knew it would be great due to all this time making it.

Gnostic Yevon
03-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Actually, if you mean the strange scan that's turned up a few places -- I think it may be a fake. The image itself is so blurry that no words can be made out, the mag itself isn't due out until friday, so there's not much of a way to take even a blurry pic of a review page.

In short, I'm suspecting that an Otaku fanboy photoshopped an image to appear as a Famitsu review. I'd be a lot less skeptical if it wasn't a 40/40 (higher than DQ8, btw), was clear enough that at least a few kanji were readable (what better way to fake a scan in a language you don't speak -- blur the image so that even natives can't read it), and if the quotes of the review itself were things that we didn't know yet.

If I was gonna fake a Japanese review, I'd at least have the sense to make it 39-38 out of 40. I'd at least make sure a few Kanji were readable, so that it would be obvious that it was actual Japanese and not random words, and I'd release it maybe a day before the mag came out.

edczxcvbnm
03-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't know the credibility of this like I don't know the credibility of the rest of the review scores from the mag.

As for scores being leaked early...happens all the time. Scores, articles and other things getting leaked before a publication is released is nothing new...of any journalism.

Setzer Gabianni
03-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I have other information which proves that it wasn't a fake..anyone wanna see? I think its different/other info..

~Setzer Gabianni

Awesomeman
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I knew it would be the best, If that page is legit, but I'm not thinking it is.

Dreddz
03-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Must.......get........arrrggghhhhhhh
I CANT TAKE IT, I WANT TO BUY THE GAME NOW !
Anyways, yeah, this game is going to top FFX IMO......

Awesomeman
03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
I hope it does. It might beat IX for me. It might be the best on my list. I WANT IT SO FREAKING BAD!

Dreddz
03-08-2006, 09:37 PM
What did Famitsu give FFX ?

Awesomeman
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't think a 40/40. I know 1up.com gave it a 9.4. I'm hoping XII gets a perfect 10!

Horny Dragon
03-08-2006, 09:50 PM
"shakes the pleasant" well my pleasent needs all the shaking it can get :D

what I truly want is a well translated review. perhaps come firday we will get one.

and speaking of which, how bout we bet if this is legit or not, this way the winners get the to go "I told you so" on the losers :tongue:

Im not sure if it is legit or not, but im willing to say it could get a perfect score.

Dreddz
03-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I reckon FFXII will jump start the dying PS2 rocket, proves the PS2 owns even if all the next gen consoles are out soon....
I reckon its all true seeing as Gamespot have even reported it, and I dought this could fool them.....

Awesomeman
03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm thinking the exact thing. The 360 is crap compared to the might of the PS2 and Final Fantasy XII! It'll get a perfect score. :D

greekanimeguy
03-08-2006, 10:09 PM
hahaha I knew it would be great! I just really hope that its difficult, and I wouldn't have wasted 3+ years waiting for a game to beat it in maybe 4 weeks, I HAD TO DIE ON PURPOSE JUST TO SEE THE GAMEOVER SCREEN IN TOS!!!!!!!!!!!! anyways I think that famistu is kind of biased with matsuno games, but w.e. I don't agree with alot of the 4 10/10 things... but anyways I think that it is safe to say that this will be the best ff ps2 game so far(than again, instead of having a final fantasy online, we called it 11 so you never know what could have happened:greenie: )

Crossblades
03-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I hope this game lives up to the hype

Carmilla
03-09-2006, 12:16 AM
It is legit.

As reported by Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145598.html

Jhei
03-09-2006, 02:39 AM
This is great info. The Japanese are so lucky that they are getting their hands on this next week...

DMKA
03-09-2006, 04:34 AM
I really think this is going to be one of if not the best in the series and it's going to bring FF back in all it's glory.

Awesomeman
03-09-2006, 07:00 AM
hahaha I knew it would be great! I just really hope that its difficult, and I wouldn't have wasted 3+ years waiting for a game to beat it in maybe 4 weeks, I HAD TO DIE ON PURPOSE JUST TO SEE THE GAMEOVER SCREEN IN TOS!!!!!!!!!!!! anyways I think that famistu is kind of biased with matsuno games, but w.e. I don't agree with alot of the 4 10/10 things... but anyways I think that it is safe to say that this will be the best ff ps2 game so far(than again, instead of having a final fantasy online, we called it 11 so you never know what could have happened:greenie: )

I'm hoping its long too. I beat VII, IX, and X in about 5 days each. But I play all day. And I mean ALL day. I'm home schooled :D

boys from the dwarf
03-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Best FF yet.
i dont know it it will be good enough to top FF9 and FF8 but i will be realy pleased if it manages to get that good. im looking forward to this game loads now. im glad that it seems like the battles will need strategy and skill instead of the difficulty of FFX-2 where you just press X until its over.

Awesomeman
03-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I think the battle system is a good thing. X's was boring and as you said, X-2's was manotanis.

Setzer Gabianni
03-09-2006, 08:12 AM
This will topple FFVII. As for beating, FFVIII - Definitely. FFIX - Yes. This is something unique :o

~Setzer Gabianni

Gh["]sT
03-09-2006, 02:09 PM
is this game coming out for the ps3 or for the ps2 i cant wait for it it looks awsome:D

DMKA
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I think the battle system is a good thing. X's was boring and as you said, X-2's was the best battle system yet.
Fixed.

Mirage
03-09-2006, 04:23 PM
I second DMKA's fix.

boys from the dwarf
03-09-2006, 04:28 PM
This will topple FFVII. As for beating, FFVIII - Definitely. FFIX - Yes. This is something unique :o

~Setzer Gabianni
dont be so quick to say things like that because we still have very little knowledge of plot twists and storyline and mysterys and all of the things that made me like other great FFs like FF8 and 9. but this FF has to be good because itll be annoying waiting for so long and it being a bad game. but with all of the news about it already and seems as its not even out im sure it will be an FF to remember.

Dreddz
03-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Now that I think about it, Did anyone actually play the demo ?

Setzer Gabianni
03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
dont be so quick to say things like that because we still have very little knowledge of plot twists and storyline and mysterys and all of the things that made me like other great FFs like FF8 and 9. but this FF has to be good because itll be annoying waiting for so long and it being a bad game. but with all of the news about it already and seems as its not even out im sure it will be an FF to remember.

ahem dont u be so quick to say itll be bad =P you obviously havent researched it as much as me, this game looks a stunner, and does not have 1 main villain, there shud be many

~Setzer Gabianni

Vivisteiner
03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
What did Famitsu give FFX ?
39/40
FF12 is the 6th game from them to be given 40/40

DMKA
03-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes, I played the demo, and I wish I hadn't because now waiting for the game is killing me.

Awesomeman
03-09-2006, 08:02 PM

Yeah, I did. Its absolutly amazing. Why do we have to wait so long? Why can't they release it with english subs?

Crossblades
03-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I did. Its absolutly amazing. Why do we have to wait so long? Why can't they release it with english subs?

That's a good idea. I like hearing characters speak in Japanese anyway:)

Dreddz
03-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, the demo was good, but not 40/40 good.

Mirage
03-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Surely you didn't expect a demo to be as good as a full game?

Dreddz
03-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Of Course, but that demo wasnt an early version, I'd say it would be pretty hard to find the differences between the full version and the demo.

Rostum
03-09-2006, 10:10 PM
They managed to fit the whole story and full gameplay in the demo, now?

Miriel
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
39/40
FF12 is the 6th game from them to be given 40/40
Oh man, they gave FFX an almost perfect score? >_>

Eh, then I guess I'll take their rating for FFXII with a grain of salt.

Dreddz
03-09-2006, 10:19 PM
They managed to fit the whole story and full gameplay in the demo, now?
I was just applying to the gameplay, 40/40, In my terms, Means FFXII is perfect, aboslutly nothing wrong with it. Well, FFXII is still pretty slick, but by no means perfect.
One of the many reasons why I dont believe in perfect scores.
Unless the game got 39.6 and they were forced to round it Up ?

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 12:14 AM
I thought the demo was awesome. And I do think they are going to fix it up. I mean, the demo must have been released in japan gefore we got it, meaning they did have a chance to fix it up before we even got the demo. XII is going to be awesome, but nothing is ever perfect.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-10-2006, 12:57 AM
I do hope they refined the system. It had potential in the demo but it wasn't quite there. I'm getting a bit excited about this game, and that hasn't happened for quite some time. Especially since Disgaea 2 is coming out around the same time.

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 03:43 AM
I've been excited about this game since it was first announced! The only thing that I'm equally excited about is Zelda Twilight Princess! Though, I'll have already played XII by the time that comes out.

Nifleheim7
03-10-2006, 03:55 AM
FFXII got a 40/40??!!!:eek: Oh God i can't wait anymore!!
And i have to wait for almost a year to release it in europe!:mad2:

Cid
03-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Square has a history of actually making a game amazing if they spend 5 years on it. I'm a wee bit excited.

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 04:36 AM
Me too! :O You're Cid! And you are posting!

boys from the dwarf
03-10-2006, 07:51 AM
ahem dont u be so quick to say itll be bad =P you obviously havent researched it as much as me, this game looks a stunner, and does not have 1 main villain, there shud be many

~Setzer Gabianni
i never said it was bad :p but i just dont like assuming things but im near certain that it will be good because i probly have nearly as much info on the game as you.also its cid!booya!if the guy who created this website thinks itll be good it probly will be and they wouldnt spend years on it then make it as bad game would they?

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Thats what I've been saying all these years. Its totally going to remembered as the best! WHY MUST I WAIT SOOO LONG FOR YOU, XII?

Markus. D
03-10-2006, 09:32 AM
i dont know it it will be good enough to top FF9 and FF8 but i will be realy pleased if it manages to get that good. im looking forward to this game loads now. im glad that it seems like the battles will need strategy and skill instead of the difficulty of FFX-2 where you just press X until its over.

... again, use more originality in your ffx-2 hating.

now for me to get back on topic.

this game is lovely in look and battle mechanics. the story looks brilliant to, awesome even, spiffyness, awesomeastic amazing plis lasx.

what I am saying is that it looks good.

boys from the dwarf
03-10-2006, 04:43 PM
i know the press X till its over thing has been said before but i dont at all doubt that its possible to complete the game only using the X button in battles. FF12 seems like it will have good storylines and battle system and it has better graphics than any other FF. although graphics arent a VERY important part of a game but it is nice to have good graphics so im looking forwards to this.

Vivisteiner
03-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Interestingly, Vagrant Story got 40/40 too.
But I still believe FF12 is gonna be the best.

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 08:55 PM
VAGRANT STORY!!?? Ahh man! You ruined it Japan! Does this mean XII is bad? NO!! Its going to be the best!

i know the press X till its over thing has been said before but i dont at all doubt that its possible to complete the game only using the X button in battles. FF12 seems like it will have good storylines and battle system and it has better graphics than any other FF. although graphics arent a VERY important part of a game but it is nice to have good graphics so im looking forwards to this.

Actually, I did complete X-2 with only pressing x. Never used magic once. It was an easy game.

Cid
03-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I was excited about this review, but Nintendogs? Was that good?

Vagrant Story WAS good during its time, by the way.

Awesomeman
03-12-2006, 11:11 PM
I didn't like it that much. And how can Nintendogs get a perfect score. I never saw what was so great about.

Dreddz
03-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Vagrant Story is certainly a case of love it or hate it. I personally dislike the game.........

Jiro
03-14-2006, 08:42 AM
ahem...i would like to say that we Aussies get robbed. We won't get for ages! Unless of course if we do something :shifty: like :shoot: or :twak: or even :crying:.

silentenigma
03-17-2006, 03:07 AM
I hope that this game is the best one in the series by so far that everyone has the same oppinion about it and nobody would have to argue about what the best FF is anymore.

Mirage
03-17-2006, 08:22 AM
ahem...i would like to say that we Aussies get robbed. We won't get for ages! Unless of course if we do something :shifty: like :shoot: or :twak: or even :crying:.
Oh shop the whining :(. Australia is in PAL territory aswell. You'll get it maybe a week later. If you can't wait that long, import it.

-N-
03-17-2006, 01:44 PM
This is promising news. I look forward to its release.

nanakixiii
04-04-2006, 06:08 AM
My dad came back from his business trip on the weekend it came out in Japan. Right now I'm in college and I didn't bring my PS2, so I played it during my Spring Break. Seriously, I couldn't stop playing it. It deserves the 40/40 rating. I would say it's the best FF ever, but I might be a little bit too excited right now. But still, it well-deserves the "flawless" rating. i seriously can't find anything wrong with it. Great story, beautiful graphics, awesome battle system, and this overall "epic" feel that other Final fantasies didn't quite have... Definitely was worth the wait.

boys from the dwarf
04-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Actually, I did complete X-2 with only pressing x. Never used magic once. It was an easy game.
i said, i dont at all doubt it is possible, not i doubt it is possible.