PDA

View Full Version : X men : The Last Stand

Dreddz
03-09-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/
Looks exciting now, is this the last one or something, title is misleading....

~SapphireStar~
03-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I have mixed feelings about it. The second one, IMO, was poor. Plus all these Gambit rumors have been flyng around and they arent true, Gambit will never put in an apperance. Which I think is a let down cause he is one of the main male characters. The return of Phoenix is cool, but some of the makeup for that is not so good.

Dreddz
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Gambit has not been completely written off, he wont appear in this Movie, but may make future appearances ( but its very unlikely ). His actually powers are the reason why they dont want him to be included in the Movies...

~SapphireStar~
03-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I heard that this was the final XMen installment, thats why I thought Gambit had been left out of the picture completely. Plus Rogue and Gambit were meant to be an item in the comics and so were Wolverine and Storm at some point. I wonder why they mix matched them? I cant remember Wolverine being into Gene Grey, although I may have missed that.

SoulTaker*
03-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I heard that this was the final XMen installment, thats why I thought Gambit had been left out of the picture completely. Plus Rogue and Gambit were meant to be an item in the comics and so were Wolverine and Storm at some point. I wonder why they mix matched them? I cant remember Wolverine being into Gene Grey, although I may have missed that.
As long as its making money their will never be a last, maybe different director. And yeah, Wolverine was into Jean in the comics, in fact in the Ultimate storyline Wolverine drops Cyclops off a cliff because he wants Jean. I've heard that Gambit is definitely going to be in the next X-men movie, you can see his name on the computer screen in X2 when Mystique is downloading the mutant files, maybe he'll get a cameo in this movie.

They are going to branch off into seperate Magneto and Wolverine storyline soon I hear.

DMKA
03-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Rouge is nothing like the comic Rouge. The movies have nothing to do with the comics just as the animated series don't.

I can't get that trailer to play because quicktime + firefox = suck and I'm too lazy to attempt to deal with it right now.

Winter Nights
03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
The teaser trailer turned me off a bit, but the new trailer is a bit redeeming. I liked the first two, despite having no real connection with the comics, aside from some very casual reading many years ago and watching the older X-Men cartoon which followed the comic closer than the new cartoon does.

And most interviews state that this is supposed to end it, though they might bring it back depending on the success of the third. But knowing how Fox handles their properties (and the fact that certain execs didn't want a sequel, let alone a thrid or fourth), a fourth will prolly be announced then go straight to pre-development hell. Or it will release with most of the cast missing and/or changed.

TheAbominatrix
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM

Wolverine was pretty heavy into Jean Grey in many of the incarnations.

They mix and match the couples a lot... they've done lots of 'alternate universes' and started things over from the beginning quite a few times in the comics. I'm pretty sure Wolverine and Jean were actually together in one of them. As for the rest of the couples, I'm not sure... but again, they mixed and matched things a lot of different ways. Character ages changed, the core group of original X-men is different, and so on. Just fan service, I think.

Strider
03-09-2006, 07:17 PM
I saw the trailer during the two-hour 24 last Monday, and I've gotta say I'm lookin' forward to this one. I'm surprised by the darker tone, but I guess that's what a mutant war's gotta have.

amratis
03-09-2006, 07:21 PM
And yeah, Wolverine was into Jean in the comics, in fact in the Ultimate storyline Wolverine drops Cyclops off a cliff because he wants Jean.

:hahaha: Sorry, but for some reason I find this amusing. They should do it in the film.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-09-2006, 08:56 PM
WUT NO GAMBIT?\!?!?

~SapphireStar~
03-09-2006, 11:01 PM
WUT NO GAMBIT?\!?!?
Dont tell me you hadnt heard that rumour? I remember reading that he would appear in the second movie. Least Ive seen my Nightcrawler.

SeeDRankLou
03-09-2006, 11:28 PM
And I quote:

"Couldn't open the file 'xmenthelaststand_1080p.mov' because a bad public movie atom was found in the movie."

I don't know what this means, but something won't let me watch it.

theundeadhero
03-10-2006, 12:54 AM
In the age of Apocalypse Jean and Wolverine were together. Wolverine took out one of Cyclopes's eyes, but cyclops got one of Wolverine's hands.

In age of Apocalypse Rogue is with Magneto, choosing him over Gambit.

Madame Adequate
03-10-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm greatly looking forward to this. Primarily because of the awesomeness of the first two, and also because of Beast.

Stayin Dizzy
03-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Rouge is nothing like the comic Rouge. The movies have nothing to do with the comics just as the animated series don't.

Wrong and wrong. Rouge is just like rouge from both the others. In the comics she was a shy girl shunned by her family because they couldn't touch her, and a runaway. She was evil for a while and even worked with her mother Mystique. She gained her strentgh and ability of flight after completely sapping Ms Marvels' powers and killing her. The move just starts out with her as a child on the run. no backstory yet. Furthermore Stan Lee himself is one of the executive producers in both films so I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of what his Character is like. The cartoon was closer to the comics than the movie and actually had several episodes relating to Rouge's backstory.

Death Penalty
03-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Make a AOA movie then well talk

Winter Nights
03-10-2006, 02:54 AM
Wrong and wrong. Rouge is just like rouge from both the others. In the comics she was a shy girl shunned by her family because they couldn't touch her, and a runaway. She was evil for a while and even worked with her mother Mystique. She gained her strentgh and ability of flight after completely sapping Ms Marvels' powers and killing her. The move just starts out with her as a child on the run. no backstory yet. Furthermore Stan Lee himself is one of the executive producers in both films so I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of what his Character is like. The cartoon was closer to the comics than the movie and actually had several episodes relating to Rouge's backstory.
QFT, though I believe he was referring to the currently running cartoon, not the good one.

Del Murder
03-10-2006, 03:44 AM
Looks good. Big battle between all the mutants. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last one.

DMKA
03-10-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm not talking about what happened to her, I'm talking about her attitude. She's nothing like the Rouge from the others...she's too fragile and nice. Certainly not befitting to the Gambit I know and love. But I suppose they can just make him nothing like the Gambit I know and love if he comes along.

Also it was stupid how she got the white streak in her hair in the movie.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-10-2006, 05:40 AM
I think it's stupid how she is period. I like the rough-and-tough southern take no sass from anyone Rouge from the cartoon. I had a crush on her when I was a kid and I want her back. NOW.

SoulTaker*
03-10-2006, 06:35 AM
I think you guys mean Rogue. Rouge is the bat chick off Sonic the Hedgehog. Anyway even by some stupid reason of not wanting to keep making money they stop the X-men movies, I will be looking forward to the Magneto movie.

Miriel
03-10-2006, 06:36 AM
As long as its making money their will never be a last, maybe different director.
There may be spin-offs, but I've read from the both the Director as well as the head of Fox, that this X-Men series was meant to be a trilogy, and X-Men: The Last Stand will be the final movie in this trilogy. So there may be a Wolverine movie, and a Magneto movie but in terms of the "X-Men" movies, this is the conclusion.

Also, I'd just like to say that Sir Ian McKellen is godly. I would pay good money to listen to that man read a dictionary. One of the finest living actors alive. And possibly the greatest Shakespearean actor working in films today.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-10-2006, 06:40 AM
To be honest, I think it's better that way. The X-Men movies are the best comic book movies thus far and I'd hate to see them ruined by stringing them along.

Lychon
03-10-2006, 06:47 AM
This movie looks phenomenal. I hope Apocalypse is included in this movie, or at least hinted somewhere in the plot.

This may not be the last installment of the series, but there will definitely be a last in the series, regardless if it is making money or not. Following X-Men 3, Wolverine and Storm may get their own spin-off movies.

All said in done, this is going to be the big movie in the May month as far as I am concerned. Just say goodbye to Da Vinci Code and Mission Impossible 3. Well, maybe Da Vinci Code will be of some consideration, but X3 just looks so F*****G good.

-LYCHON

SoulTaker*
03-10-2006, 06:49 AM
Yep I just read the qoute on wiki, they say that this trilogy is over, but future installments are not out of the question. Anyway Miriel, Ian Mckellen to me and Patrick Stewart carried the last two films. I dont know if I would pay to listen to him read a dictionary, but I would definitely pay to watch him impale Nazi's with sheets of metal.

Lychon
03-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I would pay to watch anyone impale Nazi's with sheets of metal...damn oppressors...

-LYCHON

~SapphireStar~
03-10-2006, 02:26 PM
I prefer the cartoon Rogue to the movie one.

Stayin Dizzy
03-10-2006, 11:19 PM
If the movies continued she'd be like the cartoon Rouge. when she steals the life from Ms. Marvel she inherits not only her powers, but her moemories, personality, everything. This is what rouge was truly capable of. Anybody who hasn't read the comics (and I was a comic book geek as a kid so I've ran accross many a person who will lie and say they did) doesn't really understand any of the characters. People watch the movies (and some watched the cartoon) and think they know something. In truth all the X-men were weak and afraid in the begining. The team even changed several times throught the course of the comic, and the characters themselves changed. When Rouge first joined many of the characters even wanted to leave the team. You can't just see the cartoon and say "Rouge was always like this" because that would lack development in the character, and besides Lenore Zann (who voiced Rouge in the Cartoon) would never fit the role. Rouge even loses her powers from Ms. Marvel at one point in the comics and lives a normal life with Gambit for awhile. Last I can remember reading she stole a ton of sunfires powers, but thats a different story.

Death Penalty
03-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Daryn said all I have ever wanted to say.