PDA

View Full Version : I might be a soothsayer...

Jimmch939
03-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I had a dream this morning, in this dream I was talking about Pearl Jam (the band). The song "Jeremy" happened to be playing in my dream. I awoke in the middle of the dream to the sounds of my alarm going off. I shut the alarm off and decide to go back to sleep. Shortly after I drift off to sleep and enter into another dream, I am again jolted awake, this time it is my phone going off. I see on the caller id that it is my friend, Mike, so I answer the phone. We exchange hellos and Mike asks me if I would be interested in going to a concert in May. I ask what the show is, and he responds: "Pearl Jam." My mind is blown.

I don't really consider myself much of a Pearl Jam fan, sure I like a handful of songs, but I never really got into them. I don't so much as own a record of theirs, and for the life of me, I can't recall ever having a Pearl Jam related dream until this morning. Mike does like them a bit,and thought I might be interested, especially since they rarely tour. I hadn't heard that they were planning on touring. I certainly didn't have much of a reason to dream about them, yet I did. The same morning that I get a call from my friend asking me to go see them in concert.

This hasn't been the first time either, i've had things from dreams come true in the past. I've had other experiences too. For instance a month ago while I was at work I was thinking to myself that I needed to call one of my friends whom I hadn't spoken too (at the time) in a few weeks. So when I get off of work, I check my phone and sure enough, that friend had called and left me a message on my voicemail.

Now, I don't think I actually have any abilities in telling the future. But I have to admit that things like this are just flat out weird.

Anybody else ever have something similar happen?

~SapphireStar~
03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
I get deja vu, does that count?
Also I had nightmares for days that family members were dying. And then in real life, sadly my hamster died and then the dreams stopped.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Déja-vu happens often to me, yet it seemed to almost disappear since I came to Montreal. I never had a prophetic dream. I rarely remember my dreams let alone have one that predicts the future. Besides that I have other experiences yet they are unrelated with precognition, either they were cases of claire audience or empathetic in nature.

Captain Maxx Power
03-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I constantly predict the future in my sleep to the point where I've stopped being worried about anything, simply because I've learned that life is somewhat preset since it can't go any other way. You can use that to argue that free will is an illusion of the human mind, but that's for another day.

Anaisa
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I have dreams all the time that come true. I also dream of things, places, etc, that I didn't know existed. Then ill research what I dreamt of, an find out it does exist.

Meat Puppet
03-09-2006, 08:02 PM
I had a dream about this thread.