PDA

View Full Version : Green Screen when playing videos.

Necron
03-09-2006, 06:36 PM
I recently had to have a full system recovery on my pc, so all my software etc. have gone. Now when I open online videos on my pc, the sound is played but the video is just a green screen. It is only green when it is played on Realplayer. I had this problem when i got this pc a year ago, but I forgot how I solved it.
I have looked all over the net, and I can see this is quite a common question, but I don't seem to get any answers.

Could anyone tell me how to get the video to work, as I would really appreciate it. :)

starseeker
03-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Try to download the lastest version of Realplayer, that fixes that problem for Windows Media Player so it might work

Necron
03-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Try to download the lastest version of Realplayer, that fixes that problem for Windows Media Player so it might work

I've done that and it's still not coming up as it should.

starseeker
03-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm stumped, I'd personally mess with the Realplayer settings at this point.

Shoeberto
03-09-2006, 08:16 PM
You lost your video codecs.

Personally I like XP Codec Pack (http://xpcodecpack.com/), but some recommend others. I've never had any problems with it, though.

Xaven
03-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Yeah, Real Player does that sorta stuff. Green will also flash around on the display if the file is incomplete, corrupted, and stuff like that.

Necron
03-10-2006, 05:39 PM
You lost your video codecs.

Personally I like XP Codec Pack (http://xpcodecpack.com/), but some recommend others. I've never had any problems with it, though.

That still didn't work, the video is still green :(

crono_logical
03-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Try the codec pack link in my sig - least bloated codec pack I've come across that provides playback for a large number of things :p

Also, what type of file are you trying to play?

Necron
03-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Try the codec pack link in my sig - least bloated codec pack I've come across that provides playback for a large number of things :p

Also, what type of file are you trying to play?

I'm just trying to play music videos on the net.

Ok, I downloaded that, and now when I try to play, I can see a still image with green lines, and i can still hear the sound..

EDIT: Oh, I think the problem must have been something to do with Media Player, because I set the video acceleration to None, and now I can see the video.. So I think it's problem solved.

crono_logical
03-11-2006, 09:58 PM
You have bad/old video drivers than, if you had to do that to restore video. Which is probably likely, seeing as you did a system restore :p Go to your video card manufacturer's web site to get more recent ones :p