PDA

View Full Version : Might come back. Help me decide.

SteelDisciple
03-09-2006, 08:10 PM
So, i'm thinking of coming back to the game. My wife and I haven't played it in a little over a year.

Has there been much change to the game for the low to mid level content? :)

Levian
03-09-2006, 10:37 PM
I recently came back from a year of absence, so I am the perfect guy to answer your question. There isn't really much change at all, except that there's been a major inflation. Thing costs a lot more than they used to, but it's also easier to gain a lot of money. I also heard somewhere that RNG is no more an elite job. Square Penix cut some stats.

There's also not as many noobs as before, most low level people are mules or already have experience with FFXI. It's also much more usual to have a PL in Valkurm.

Miriel
03-09-2006, 11:22 PM
There have been some changes but a lot of the changes are more significant for end-game stuff. New Dynamis zones and all that good stuff.

But for low to mid range levels, the major things of interest are the new EXP gaining Empress Bands, and the NPC buddies. Empress Bands make exping go a bit faster since it gives you about 1k "free" exp while you level. So instead of 150exp per kill, you'd be getting 250exp, until you hit the 1k cap or the timer wears off. I rarely see people party without Empress bands anymore.

NPC buddies are exactly that, NPCs that you can call and party with for a certain amount of time each day. NPCs are different and the quest allows you to choose what kind of NPC you get. I got a hume female named Karyn to be my NPC. So if you ever want someone to help you out while you solo stuff, you can call your NPC, or even have your NPC fill in as the 6th person in a party. NPCs level as you level and you can change their gear and fighting style and all that. It's pretty cool. I keep letting my NPC die so she doesn't like me too much.

Anyway, all the stuff that's changed (except the inflation) has been really beneficial and I think Squeenix has been making efforts to make this game less of a grind.

And off course there's the new jobs and expansion pack coming out soon.

If you want a group of players to play with, you can come to Pandemonium and we can set you up with a worldpass and a linkshell. :)

SteelDisciple
03-09-2006, 11:31 PM
There have been some changes but a lot of the changes are more significant for end-game stuff. New Dynamis zones and all that good stuff.

But for low to mid range levels, the major things of interest are the new EXP gaining Empress Bands, and the NPC buddies. Empress Bands make exping go a bit faster since it gives you about 1k "free" exp while you level. So instead of 150exp per kill, you'd be getting 250exp, until you hit the 1k cap or the timer wears off. I rarely see people party without Empress bands anymore.

NPC buddies are exactly that, NPCs that you can call and party with for a certain amount of time each day. NPCs are different and the quest allows you to choose what kind of NPC you get. I got a hume female named Karyn to be my NPC. So if you ever want someone to help you out while you solo stuff, you can call your NPC, or even have your NPC fill in as the 6th person in a party. NPCs level as you level and you can change their gear and fighting style and all that. It's pretty cool. I keep letting my NPC die so she doesn't like me too much.

Anyway, all the stuff that's changed (except the inflation) has been really beneficial and I think Squeenix has been making efforts to make this game less of a grind.

And off course there's the new jobs and expansion pack coming out soon.

If you want a group of players to play with, you can come to Pandemonium and we can set you up with a worldpass and a linkshell. :)

Wow! thanks for all the info.

You're so nice. =)