PDA

View Full Version : Trigun

Venom
03-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Cool anime, what do you guys think of it?l

Tempest
03-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I've always liked it. I don't watch it faithfully but, then again it's not on Adult Swim that much. I don't know if it's back on now but, if it were I'd watch it again.

Venom
03-10-2006, 12:01 AM
I've always liked it. I don't watch it faithfully but, then again it's not on Adult Swim that much. I don't know if it's back on now but, if it were I'd watch it again.

I dont think its on anymore, thats why I purchase the manga's.

EDIT: Wait, its on tonight(My timezone) at 1:30 AM ^_^.

NeoCracker
03-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Awsome show. Wolfwood was one of the best anime characters ever created

Tempest
03-10-2006, 12:04 AM
I dont think its on anymore, thats why I purchase the manga's.
Bummer. :( Well, AS does switch anime a lot. Maybe they'll put it back on.

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2006, 12:16 AM
I don't like that post-apocolyptic setting that it seems to be presented in...and I hate the old west A LOT! It seemed to be a mix of the two.

Crushed Hope
03-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Despite whatever opinions anyone may have on the show, one has to admit that Knives and Legato are two of the most amazing villians ever.

~SapphireStar~
03-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Been a fan for a very long time, got the boxset. Its one of those rare animes that both me and my boyfriend can sit down and enjoy together. I dont like tha manga as much though.

LOVE AND PEACE!

Tempest
03-10-2006, 12:19 AM
EDIT: Wait, its on tonight(My timezone) at 1:30 AM ^_^.
Seriously, on Adult Swim? If so, I am so watching it.

NeoCracker
03-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Been a fan for a very long time, got the boxset. Its one of those rare animes that both me and my boyfriend can sit down and enjoy together. I dont like tha manga as much though.

LOVE AND PEACE!

Um, This is hardly a Rare anime. Just about anyone who know's about anime has either seen or heard of trigun.

Despite whatever opinions anyone may have on the show, one has to admit that Knives and Legato are two of the most amazing villians ever.

Legato Definately, Knives wasn't one of the most amazing, however he was great.

~SapphireStar~
03-10-2006, 12:21 AM
I meant rare as in we usually dont sit down and watch anime together ...

kikimm
03-10-2006, 12:26 AM
I can't stand the manga, but the show is pretty good. Anime doesn't usually make me laugh, but this one has been doing a pretty good job of it. Although the fact that Vash is like, that real cliche kinda guy who acts really dumb all of the time but is super super super awesome in battle annoys me.

Venom
03-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Seriously, on Adult Swim? If so, I am so watching it.

Yep Adult swim!

NeoCracker
03-10-2006, 12:29 AM
I can't stand the manga, but the show is pretty good. Anime doesn't usually make me laugh, but this one has been doing a pretty good job of it. Although the fact that Vash is like, that real cliche kinda guy who acts really dumb all of the time but is super super super awesome in battle annoys me.
That is true, but I do like how they really didn't make him that bad. I mean most of those fights were close calls, and in the cases of, The mid valley horn freak and Lagato, he really didn't have a hop of winning if they wanted to kill him, but that wasn't their intent which is the only reason he won.

Venom
03-10-2006, 12:31 AM

Legato is my favorite Villain of all time.

TheBrent
03-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Trigun owned all, the only anime I like better than Trigun is Full Metal, I wish they'd put it back on [Adult Swim] I wish they'd bring back case closed too, and put FMA, Evangelion, and Ghost in the Shell on earlier, I also wish they'd put a not-so-sucky one-piece, the manga is pretty good put they just censored the hell out of the English anime. Oh look I'm rambling, sorry. ^^

blackline77
03-10-2006, 12:36 AM
i watched it for the first time on adult swim last night and it was awesome.
ohh and "the brent" it is on adult swim i watched it last night which was wednesday like around 12:00am midnight.

Zeromus_X
03-10-2006, 02:26 AM
I think I've watched this run through over 3 times or so. (On AS.) I still don't completely understand everything, probably because I missed a few episodes, and since this series isn't so long anyway, that's a problem. But I still liked it. Even that final fight with Vash and Knives..that cool garden.

But anyway, I liked it :cat:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-10-2006, 02:40 AM
i loved the anime. It's too bad some people are turned off the series when they find out that Vash isn't some bad-ass 'Auron' type character...

guffman
03-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Yeah i was def. thrown off. I bought the boxset and thought that Vash was going to be supreme badass...which he was, but in a totally diff. way. I love TRIGUN.
As for the "rare anime" that you can watch with your significant other, I ought to give my lady a shot at this one.

escobert
03-10-2006, 03:20 AM
What I've seen I've liked.

Samuraid
03-10-2006, 03:22 AM
What I've seen I've liked.

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I really want Nicholas D. Wolfwood because he's traveling priest, he's cool shonen, his nickname is "Cathedral The Evergreen", he's a Christian and Catholic guy.

NeoCracker
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
The nickname I remember hearing in the anime was the Priest in Black, and also he has about the coolest weapon in anime history.

~SapphireStar~
03-10-2006, 02:23 PM
also he has about the coolest weapon in anime history.
Oh Lord yes indeed he does! And Millie kinda threw me off with her weapon, I couldnt help but laugh. And that cat?!?! I have a mini model of it with my Vash figure.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-10-2006, 07:43 PM
One of my favorite Animes of all time, not only am I a silly Idealist kinda like Vash, but the plot and characters are just wonderful (Vash, Wolfwood, Millie, Merril, Knives, Legato, The Gung Ho Guns... everyone is just very well designed.) The Manga is ok, there are some pluses to either or, but I personally favor the Anime.

Sides, My sig says it all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah i was def. thrown off. I bought the boxset and thought that Vash was going to be supreme badass...which he was, but in a totally diff. way. I love TRIGUN.Vash is mostly a straight-up badass in the manga. He doesn't lust after donuts, chase skirts, harp about Love and Peace, or go particularly out of his way to preserve human life at all costs. The manga is much darker in general, really. The light-hearted atmosphere of the anime, including Vash's personality, was based on a single self-contained short story from early on in the manga.

escobert
03-10-2006, 07:59 PM
It reminds me a bit of Outlaw Star which is my favorite anime ever, I think I'm going to try and pick up some DVDs or something.

SoulTaker*
03-10-2006, 08:02 PM
I now they reair episodes on Cartoon Network in the early morning from time to time. Depends if you wanna stay up to see em.

Venom
03-10-2006, 08:36 PM
There worth staying up to watch.

Reeno the Alchemist
04-02-2006, 01:53 AM
i love the show and i really love wolfwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!