PDA

View Full Version : >> Why do you draw/create art..

black orb
03-10-2006, 04:34 AM
>>> Its for fun?, to express something you’re feeling?, to make money selling it?, to get praised?, do you want to become a professional artist?, to make a gift?, to get better?, because you love art?, etc..

Zeromus_X
03-10-2006, 05:03 AM
All of those except the "money" part :p :cat:

Rase
03-10-2006, 05:06 AM
For me, it's a few of those. I find drawing to be a fun, relaxing activity that let's me try and get ideas out of my head so I can show others. I am looking to have a profession in the art field eventually, but I need to get much better and practice before that will be possible.
:)

black orb
03-10-2006, 05:15 AM
>>> Remember that the point of becoming a pro is always make money from it..

>>> Personally Im really a good for nothing guy, so my art is the only thing I have to take pride in..

Jsb01
03-10-2006, 06:25 AM
I am learning to draw in my own way, it is a composition of abstract images that looks bizzerly like a real picture. I do it for self-expression. My girlfriend seems to like it.

nik0tine
03-10-2006, 07:32 AM
It's because I am driven to.

Of course, I am talking about music, but that's art enough.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-10-2006, 10:34 AM
because I'm bored, that's when I doodle

*angel tears*
03-10-2006, 02:02 PM
I draw because if i didnt get my ideas out somhow my head would explode!

I also get paid cause im a pro....a profesional face painter that is...i get hired for birthday parties :eep: dont judge me lol

Larahl
03-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm doing it for some of those reasons,
I'm enjoying drawing and I also want to become professional.
But it's specially for fun, and, to get praised. At least I'm good at something.

Zeromus_X
03-10-2006, 09:55 PM
>>> Remember that the point of becoming a pro is always make money from it..

No. People that make art make it because they enjoy it and becuase they want to, not for money. When an artist starts out, they don't expect money. They expect to make artwork, and have fun doing it. Unless you've been an artist for years, and have a reputation, you don't make money (money to matter at any rate.) This also applies to people that make music or any other kind of art.

And anyone that would make art just to make money is sickening really. :cat:

nik0tine
03-10-2006, 10:09 PM
But are you really a professional if you don't make money?

Rostum
03-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I always get these huge creative feelings every now and then, so I just hop on the guitar or try and draw some stuff. I'm currently looking through websites to better my drawing because it sucks. ,_,

black orb
03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
No. People that make art make it because they enjoy it and becuase they want to, not for money. When an artist starts out, they don't expect money. They expect to make artwork, and have fun doing it. Unless you've been an artist for years, and have a reputation, you don't make money (money to matter at any rate.) This also applies to people that make music or any other kind of art.

And anyone that would make art just to make money is sickening really. :cat:
>>> Thats called an amateur artist..
Pros are paid for their art, and they are not necessary experienced or renowned artists.
Its just like any other kind of job so is not sickening as you said..

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-10-2006, 10:55 PM

Rengori
03-10-2006, 11:31 PM
I like anime.

Lunareescence
03-11-2006, 03:59 AM
I like designing stuff and one day I hope to be a fashion designer or anything to do with design...and I think drawing is fun!! Go drawing stuff!!

Slade
03-11-2006, 05:16 AM
I like to make people go 'WOW'. For me, if someone isn't impressed with an artwork I have made, then I haven't accomplished my goal. I just like to see people light up when they see one of my cartoons or paintings, it's a nice feeling :)

Zeromus_X
03-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Its just like any other kind of job so is not sickening as you said..

I may not have worded it correctly or something.

Nobody expects to just make artwork and get money. If you just made artwork for the sake of making money, but without actually loving art (or whatever you do) then that would be sickening, to me. I'm sorry if I didn't explain it correctly.

Yes, professionals would make money. But not after awhile. (Or if they had "connections". )

Rocket Edge
03-11-2006, 01:18 PM
cool thread

I only started drawing consistantly a few months ago, until then i hadnt that much interest in it. I would draw something maybe every few months(if even) for someone who needed something, like a logo for a business, building or drawing for bands who needed a page with artwork and theyre name to start out. I didnt really enjoy it then.
What got me back into it was probably going to college and doing it as an course there. it was stupid of me to go and do something that i didnt have much interest in but i thought i would cos i could draw/paint or whatever. Luckily enough from there ive found i enjoy it much more, and post on eoff. For me now, it would be for expressing my feelings with a pencil, looking at the reaction i get from people who me work, and to do it professionally;)

Rinoa_Heartillly
03-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Well, to me it's an expression of my soul or my emotions.

Reles
03-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Why? I don't know? It just happens. And it helps me to focus on one thing and I forget about my problems and such. It's like therapy. Also, you never know the outcome of it, well atleast for me. So to look at it from a further distance, it can be rewarding.

Avarice-ness
03-13-2006, 06:02 AM
I draw just because I like art, I sang and played musical instruments just because I like everything to do with art. Very few times I draw what's in my head, if I did, it would take a very long time, and would most likely be very strange. <3.

Miriel
03-13-2006, 07:24 AM
I create art because it feels amazing to be able to capture beauty and show it to the rest of the world. I would like to be a professional photographer, and I would like to eventually be paid for my work. But more than that I'd love to be able to capture images that mean something, that make people feel emotions, and that expresses something powerful and beautiful and timeless.

Shine On...
03-14-2006, 03:35 AM
I like to make people go 'WOW'. For me, if someone isn't impressed with an artwork I have made, then I haven't accomplished my goal. I just like to see people light up when they see one of my cartoons or paintings, it's a nice feeling :)

thats pretty much exact

Ouch!
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I draw whenever I get that rare urge to do so. It's always for fun.

Rinnoa_Leonheart
03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I create music videos because I have fun doing it. I post them up on youtube far all to see and enjoy, and the response that I have for what I make is good.

lovehurts
03-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I love to do it. I love to impress myself and others.

Twilight Edge
03-29-2006, 08:32 AM
All of those except the "money" part and to be praised part :p :cat:

Evastio
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
I draw to express my imagination.

BG-57
03-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I draw to get the ideas in my head into a permenant form. I've forgotten many a cool idea because I didn't get it down. Also, as strange as it sounds, my ideas feel trapped in my head unless I let them out, through artwork, storywriting, etcetra....

I consider myself an amateur in the traditional sense of the word 'for love', not for money. Not that I disaprove of professional artists. I just do not have the drive and ambition to work as hard as professional artistry entails. I like being able to pick my own subjects.

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
03-30-2006, 10:43 AM

I agree with her. I draw because I want to express myself, my feelings, ideas, imagination and emotions in a single drawing. Its one way of showing yourself to others (well, that's what I believe). And sometimes, I just draw for fun, and then get compliments and praises as I'm very known for my drawings.

So..yeah... hehehe!

Madonna
03-30-2006, 10:57 AM
But are you really a professional if you don't make money?n.

1. A person following a profession, especially a learned profession.
2. One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation: hired a professional to decorate the house.
3. A skilled practitioner; an expert.

I am a professional at solving issues!

I practice my graphic art because I want to be able to express myself skillfully.

moldybread
03-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I draw to calm myself.

Edit: Now that I think about it, drawing usually leaves me frustrated...

rubah
03-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I like making things that are pretty. or if not pretty, then admirable in some way.

Christmas
03-31-2006, 08:21 PM

and make a difference to those that see my art.

Avathar
04-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Its for fun?, to express something you’re feeling?, to make money selling it?, to get praised?, do you want to become a professional artist?, to make a gift?, to get better?, because you love art?, etc..

Actually, all of those: I've been drawing since i could hold a pencil, 've been going to drawing workshops in the week-ends since i was 9, and studying and following artschool since i was 14. ^^So i've always been busy with art, no matter what form.
And yeah, all of those, even the money part. Now that i'm going for graphic illustrating, you also have to think a bit more commercial^^which i like to do (many different assignments, trying to achieve certain goals with certain details, there's the extra challenge). But i guess a lot of people also would hate the idea to draw commercially:p , but hey, that's what i'm doing now (among many other things and styles^^)

Beacham
08-22-2006, 01:54 PM
i don't know any other way to explain but this,
i draw, so that when i am finished, i can look at it, and say to myself "i drew that"
to give a drawing a life of it's own and be part or 'creating' something, but of course i've been drawing for years now, and have done visual and fine arts courses ect now, so i will also say, in the beginning, i drew... because i loved dragonball z :p
and my purpose in life at that time was to recreate anything that came from dragonball z
but also i mean i'm a muso, 7 years of playing guitar so, amongst other things so at the same time i seem to swamp myself in anything 'creative'
maybe i'm just wierd

lovehurts
08-22-2006, 09:18 PM
To show that if I try to do something I can. To myself and to others. Besides I want to get good at it. It's fun and I love the artitstic groups.

Mum
08-22-2006, 11:12 PM
...for all those reasons above...

and because I NEED to - I need to create something every day or I'd be more insane than I am now!

Sometimes its just baking or gardening or interior decorating or sewing or mending or ironing (creating order out of chaos) But when I burst with an idea I need to stop all else and do it. It even gets me out of bed early in the morning (when nothing else would.)

Nominus Experse
08-22-2006, 11:34 PM
I create art because of several reasons.

The main reason is that of myself: I create art as an expression of the emotion and inner workings of my conscious. Thusly, the art I create many times becomes somewhat surreal and expressionistic on its own. I am attempting to take the ethereal realm of the human pysche and place it on a concrete medium, such as pen and ink upon paper. I despereately try to take that which is only an prospective notion and make it something tangible, in other words. Something seen out of something that was nothing more than an inner vision that no one else but me could see or feel.

My art is largely compromised of telling a story, a mood, and a philosophy.

Sometimes I draw for myself, and other times I draw for others. I draw dragons, daemons, tattoos, logos, portraits and the like for those that wish for me to do so.

My girlfriend commonly recieves drawings and other artistic endeavors made by me.

I give her a rose and it will one day die.

I draw her a rose and its colour and existance will never fade - for as long as she holds to it, the rose shall ever be there expressing my love.

That, in its purest sense, is probably one of the main reasons I draw - to see her happiness in something so small, yet ultimately meaning so much.

ChiBIkiD
08-25-2006, 06:05 AM
hmm..i mostly like drawing anime cuz it's fun...and the best part is...when your finally done with the picture u smile and give yourself a pat on the back.

Yunas ballad
08-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I draw because i can express myself. I can draw without anyone say they were any limits to it. All you have to do is hold a pencil, bit of paper and imagination.

Eureka
08-25-2006, 09:29 AM
because i can show off my photoshop skills (:p or not lmao) at school and.. doing gfx is fun :D

also anime is cool to work with and i <3 anime so.. yesh :3

scrumpleberry
08-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Because I'm bored and I feel like it. And because it is fun.

Marluxiaswife
08-30-2006, 08:17 PM
it makes me feel happy,mad or upstead when i draw, but mostly i feel calm.
or happy mostly calm

Reine
08-31-2006, 07:04 PM
The weird stuff that I draw, I mainly had my head in the clouds when I drew them, usually about my story, and drawing things from that. I often get an urge, or an idea, but its usually something far too cpmple for my meagre skills, like a design for a dragon, or some crystal life form. I would love to be able to get these ideas on paper, but im very severely limited in what I can do

Sare
08-31-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm studying arts at the moment, and I want to be a professional artist one day. It's my passion, my way of expressing my feelings. I don't even want to be rich or famous, I'd like to start painting and move somewhere, to spain for example, and start selling my paintings on the streets, make money so that I'd just get by. I don't want to be tied up in regular work for the rest of my life, going to work at eight and come home at three every day for the next 30 years. That's just not me. Art is a way to free myself from those limits and I'd get to define my own. I create art because it frees me, makes me alive, makes me feel good and I get to do something that feels just right, something I love.