PDA

View Full Version : Life Without Final Fantasy 7

Crehan89
03-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Imagine you never played FF7 or any of the final fantasy's! Would you of seen it in teh shop and bought it or would it have not took to your fancy, remember you have NEVER played a FF before!! I have it all to owe to FF7 as thats the one i first played and made me buy the others.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, you have to start playing the series somehow :\

Shin Gouken
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
I bought FFanthology and played it for five minutes before turning it off. It was over a year later before i picked it up again. Was hooked second time. I couldn't believe it sat in my room for an entire year without being played o_0

Twilight Edge
03-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I bought 9 first,then 8,7 was my third one.When I first saw FF,I just bought it,thinking it would be fun to finally play an RPG game.Since I don't have a PS2,I started looking for all previous 3D FFs a.k.a 8 and 7.I have finished 8 and 9 but I'm on my way to the northen crater now in 7.

Dell
03-10-2006, 01:12 PM
FF7 is the first game I've played. so I owe it. My friends keep bugging me to play the game, first I thought it just another bad game but when I played it, it was the best I've played.
I didn't buy FF8 cause whenever I'm going to buy, stocks off
I borrow FF9 then I completed it. I guess 9 is myfavourite afterall.
This year, I just bought PS2 and played FFX, the game was kinda good but I guess 9 is better.
X-2 coming on after X done!

Slade
03-11-2006, 05:21 AM
It wouldn't of made much difference to me because I bought FFVIII first.

starseeker
03-11-2006, 11:06 AM
I bought X-2 first after reading a review in my sister's girlie magazine.

Crop
03-11-2006, 11:19 AM
My dads friend gave him FFVII. It wasnt my dad's type of game so he gave it to me. That kicked it off for me.

cloud_doll
03-11-2006, 02:21 PM
FF7 was my first too. i saw my brother playing it and watched him everytime he played. i got so fascinated i played it myself and oved it to death. i have to say that 7 got me into anime as well, i dont know how, but i was on a search for pics of 7 when they had anime pics and i didnt know what anime was so i looked into it and started watching all different kinds.
so without 7 i would be totally lost!!:love:

Mirage
03-11-2006, 03:02 PM
The word "RPG" and 90% scores would make me get them.

The Cosmo Memory
03-12-2006, 01:05 AM
If final fantasy wasnt around i'd still be playin tetris......dont laugh!

FF7 was the first ff i played and completed. The best one without a doubt followed by 8, then 9....................they ruined 10 with 10-2.......ergh

The quickest time i completed ff7 was in 26 hours and 14 mins........ i didnt sleep. whats your quickest time?

Jsb01
03-12-2006, 01:53 AM
I played 8 first. Final Fantasy makes the world a better place.

Crehan89
03-12-2006, 10:39 AM
i take my time over it, i recently just bought a copy after not playing it for 2 years!!! Thats why i have only just joined this forum, i am just on the great glacier about to climb the cliffs and it't took me 26 hours. I spent ages training and am about level 40, i even got aeirs's Level 3 limit break (the first one) although i have never managed to get her to limit level 4. has any of you guys?!

Twilight Edge
03-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Nah,I didn't bother because Aeris will die anyway.

Levian
03-12-2006, 01:44 PM
If I'd never play Final Fantasy, then I wouldn't be a member here, and I wouldn't be posting in this thread about what would've happened if I never played FFVI.

ClOuD..StRiFe
03-12-2006, 01:54 PM
i never even knew about ff untill i played on a demo with ffx on it, then i bought that and completed it and set out 2 look for the earlier versions and i got them aswell......:D

Twilight Edge
03-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I never even knew about ff until I saw my cousin play ffX.

Angy
03-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Me it started with my cousin.I used to stay at his home entire day to see him play ff7(I knew all the part from the beginning to when you got the Tiny Bronco)

And then at christmas,my mother gift was a ps1(but the ps2 was already on the market...so I had hard time trying to find games for my ps1...
My first game was ff tactic,that I received at the same christmas(but I didn't have a memory card at this time,lool)
And then I found a little store of video game...with a wall full of ps1 game and at the top of the wall,ff7 was there,and I bought it.
I was so happy that day that I nearly cried...and since then,I passed ff7 5 time only..but I have the half of my memory card only for it^^

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-12-2006, 05:11 PM
life without final fantasy . . . much more successful!!! final fantasy has ruined my life!!! do i regret it? . . . no . . .

7 was the first i played, then 8, 9, 6, 10, 3, 4, 10-2, 1, 2

Shiny
03-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Imagine you never played FF7 or any of the final fantasy's! Would you of seen it in teh shop and bought it or would it have not took to your fancy, remember you have NEVER played a FF before!! I have it all to owe to FF7 as thats the one i first played and made me buy the others.
Haha, you said fancy! I love British people. Anyway, I actually remember the first time I saw a Final Fantasy game and I was like WTF...I want that...why are the people demeted looking...oh well still want it. But I almost didn't get it, because I was looking for something else at the time. I actually didn't like the first FF I played, but decided to go back and buy some of the others since they looked completely different than the one I got. It turns out I enjoyed alot of the others and the rest is history.

Cowboys From Hell
03-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Hmmm it was the first playstation game my brother bought. I thougt it looked amazing.

gyaku_zuki
03-14-2006, 02:00 AM
i didnt have a playstation but my friend did, i saw him play the first reactor and it was love at first sight (was the first rpg i had seen, except Might and Magic II for Amiga :P)

A few months later my parents finally bought a PC, and I went to the shops (looking originally for FF8, cos my PC came with a demo-disc for it and I was hooked on it) and saw FF7 pc version, sitting there, the only copy left...

I bought it, having to BEG my parents to let me...

I cant imagine what would have happened had I not got it (although the fact my best friend had it, and has turned out as big a fanATIC as me means it probably wldnt have mattered)

CLOUD STRIFE FOR PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD! :D
(and me as his bodyguard, my skills surpass his lol)

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-14-2006, 03:22 AM
started w/ 8 then 7, 9 , 10 , 10-2 (unfortunately, yuk!) ... and i have yet to play the little ones though i remember something about borrowing a snes and something about a train and some acid rain and final fantasy but that was a long time ago... if anyone knows what im thinking about plz tell me i want to play the train/ acid rain thing again

Crehan89
03-17-2006, 03:01 PM
the first time i played it was seven years ago when i was 10. I died on the first battle against the two shinra guards in the train-station. DOn't ask how i just did:cry:

Crossblades
03-17-2006, 03:14 PM
First time I played FF was in 98 and it was FF IV for the SNES. Then I bought VI and many others

TheGoldenChocobo
03-17-2006, 03:24 PM
I was bored and my dad gave me it and said id like it... never looked back since!!
I think i would buy it if it I was in shop looking for a game to play, tis just the type of thing i was destined not to live without!!

DarkLord
03-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Personally I think you cant get away with having anything to do with RPGs for long without being urged to get an FF game. I played IX and thought it was awesome, then VIII and thought it was awesomer, then VII and thought that was even awesomerer. Then I played X and thought it was just Awesomer, VII is my fave

Kid X
03-17-2006, 03:49 PM
I first bought ff9 in 2001 but didnt play it until last year since then ive got 7+8.:tongue:

~SapphireStar~
03-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Stroo
03-17-2006, 04:43 PM
If it hadnt been for my brother, standing in Woolworths on a saturday afternoon in sunny south wales, begging me to go halves on some new game called, something like Final Fantasy 7, I would never have gotten into it.

Luckily for me, I gave into him.

gyaku_zuki
03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
i wonder if the world would be a better place if EVERYONE had played FF7...

TheGoldenChocobo
03-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Definately!!!:quina: :choc: :mog: :moomba: :choc2:

Glomp
03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
My mates going on about Final Fantasy a lot. I started on 8 and it's still my favourite, then I played 9, 10, 10-2 etc.....and have completed them all. Going back doing the ol' back catalogue now which is hard cause FF7 is the most depressing one I've ever played. :(

Shiny
03-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Eh... I didn't, haha. The first FF I played isn't my favorite. I don't see how that makes a difference. Just because it's your first doesn't mean it's the best, and absoutely has to be the favorite.

i wonder if the world would be a better place if EVERYONE had played FF7...
Yeah zuki! Oversized swords for everyone!

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 11:26 PM
chaos: I luckily started off with Final Fantasy IX (when it comes to FF). I thought all the other FF's would be just as good. Besides a few exceptions, I was dissapointed. :(

Rubedo: But SMRPG pwns the hell out of Final Fantasy. So does my son.

Vivi123
03-22-2006, 02:22 AM
Life without Final Fantasy 7 is like a broken pencil. POINTLESS!

Vyk
03-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Eh... I didn't, haha. The first FF I played isn't my favorite. I don't see how that makes a difference. Just because it's your first doesn't mean it's the best, and absoutely has to be the favorite.
I don't think that's what they're saying. The question is if you never played a Final Fantasy game, would you pick up 7 if you saw it. Their answers just mean they'd go through the series exactly the same now as they had before, because they didn't start with seven or any of the earlier ones. So the basis for comparison is the same. They'd start with the newest one and work backwards and probably eventually get to seven, as they did before. So in essence, having missed seven wouldn't matter. 'Cause they'd go back to it... Okay I'm gonna stop repeating myself now.

Yuffie514
03-22-2006, 06:14 AM
Final Fantasy VII was also my first. it was first discovered when my cousin or brother's friend let us borrow it and the PlayStation. we were still playing the SNES at the time, though it was in 1997. after that, we got our own PlayStation (and i eventually had my own consoles, separate from my brother, but we shared games). had i not stumbled into it, i know i would be lured in by Final Fantasy VIII.

nik0tine
03-22-2006, 06:17 AM
If I never played Final Fantasy I'd probably be cool.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
If I never played Final Fantasy I'd probably be cool.

hehehehe!!! me too!!! hahahaha!!!

Sanji
03-22-2006, 10:03 PM
I can't imagine a world without FF... mainly the FFVII... a life without knowing Sephiroth... *snif* lol

Darth Cid
03-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Zidane: Life without FFVII...um...life without FFVII...damn, can't think of anything...oh wait, yes I can, life without FFVII would be just as bad as life with FFVII.

amratis
03-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Well I picked up and played X first, that made me play all the others. So I guess I cant really say what would have happened if I'd have just seen 7 somewhere.

tidusguy#1
03-23-2006, 05:23 PM
i'd probably be dead somewhere(exagerating) but i really like ff7. my fave characters vincent, tifa, cloud, yuffie, and sephiroth (you cant really have a one favorite in ff7 can you??). it would be a real bore without ff7.

Shotgunnova
03-23-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd love to see a world without the game. Less trite Sephiroth/Cloud usernames, no more sequels by the truckload, and maybe FFT could take its place if one goes further and pretends FF7 wasn't even created. That's a future I could cling to. My day brightens just thinking about it, actually...

Randgris
03-27-2006, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't be in this boards if there was no FF7.