PDA

View Full Version : Possibly: Cloud never went to the Shinra.

Madonna
03-10-2006, 07:59 PM
This is a thread of possibilities, where we can debate and discuss everything that might be in VII, because, face it, there's so much missing in Seven's world that gaps need to be filled.

One of the issues I have deals with Cloud joining the Shinra Military. The dude never did. Oh, sure, he has a handy story about how he knew all about the Nibelhiem incident, how Sephy torched the place, and how Tifa got sliced up, but that could easily come from a detailed report by anyone who was there. Yeah, there were to faceless, anonymous soldiers there, but we all know that neither of them were Cloud; there's just now way that he could fit his hair into one of those helmets! So where the smurf is he getting his information?

So feel free to share your own theories on the unelaborated or poorly concieved world of FFVII.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Zangan told him, of course.

Crop
03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah, there were to faceless, anonymous soldiers there, but we all know that neither of them were Cloud; there's just now way that he could fit his hair into one of those helmets!

Acctually one of the soldiers was cloud. Although I dont know how his hair was fine when he took that helmet off though.....

Clone 01
03-10-2006, 08:49 PM
yeh cloud is 1 of the 2 soldiers that acompany sephy and zach

theundeadhero
03-10-2006, 09:17 PM
That's what Cloud tells you. Really he was boozing it up in a funny bar with the men from the Honey Bee inn.

cloud_doll
03-10-2006, 10:09 PM
are you being serious or just trying to see what could've happened?

anyways, in that situation that would've meant cloud never did leave for shinra, threrefor staying in nibelhiem, and there cloud and tifa get together. thats what i think would've happened.

Stayin Dizzy
03-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately Cloud and Tifa remembered the picture in Neibleheim which only cloud zack seph and tifa were present for, everyone else in town died. Tifa would have remembered Cloud staying in town. Hojo remembered experamenting on Cloud. He was infused with Mako, which you can't just get done like a tatoo. The game says he was and FF Last order shows he does.

Everything as a matter of fact points to the fact that Cloud WAS in the Shinra military, EVERYTHING.

So I'm sorry...you are very, very....very very very WRONG

Captain Maxx Power
03-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Greatest Mystery Ever : If you've got a temple that can be shrunk into world-destroying materia, why bother setting up an elabourate puzzle game inside to shrink it if said shrinking will eventually lead to planet's demise? The Ancients were either in cahoots with JENOVA or just plain stupid. I'm guessing the second one.

Ashigaru
03-11-2006, 12:21 AM
I thought the meteor would only put a huge "wound" in the planet creating a hot spot for the glowy stuff, not destroy it.

Omnislash07
03-11-2006, 05:46 AM
No meteor was meant to destroy the planet not just wound it like Jenova did when she fell to the earth and left a massive crater, known as the North Crater.

and i agree that is was stupid to make the materia into a building and then have a way to turn it back. they should have just turned it into a building a left it that way...course then the game would have been screwed

Ashigaru
03-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Didn't seph want to become a supreme being. Why would he destroy it with meteor then? I thought he was using the meteor to damage the planet enough that there would be a huge amount of the glowy stuff at the crater and he would then merge with it.

Madonna
03-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Zangan told him, of course.See, now there's something that makes sense! The rest of you lot are crazy. Cloud's hair totally negates any arguments that his head could be in a Shinra soldier's helmet.
Unfortunately Cloud and Tifa remembered the picture in Neibleheim which only cloud zack seph and tifa were present for, everyone else in town died. Tifa would have remembered Cloud staying in town. Hojo remembered experamenting on Cloud. He was infused with Mako, which you can't just get done like a tatoo. The game says he was and FF Last order shows he does....This deals with Cloud being a Shinra soldier how? He could have just been chilling in his house 'til the whole massacre occured and abducted when Shinra began cleaning up Sephiroth's mess.

This temple materia plot seems worth delving into! The Japanese have a thing for objects with two forms, like variable fighters, power rangers, and jyuunishi. Having a materia that can be transformed into a temple isn't that strange when you think about it. I believe they mention it in the game, but it's quite an effective security measure. Unless you send in a lackey who can figure out the puzzle of the Temple and beat all the guardians, you cannot really get to it. But why even have it reversable? Because it's materia; it is made to be used. If it weren't for usage, it would have not formed as materia in the first place. It just came with a really nifty safety feature.

Ashigaru
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Haha bucause as we all know hair cannot bend or otherwise move.

Ryushikaze
03-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Last Order proves Cloud was there, and was a Shinra grunt.

End of discussion. New discussion starts now.

Madonna
03-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Last Order is piece of crap that Square-Enix threw out in hopes of saving the wreckage that was VII. It was not contained originally as part of VII when it came out and is more sad work to wring consumers out of money by riding on a name. Anyone can say something after the fact; hind sight is 20/20.

Ryushikaze
03-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Like it or not, it's official. It confirms Cloud's presence.

Stayin Dizzy
03-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Like it or not, it's official. It confirms Cloud's presence.

Agree. But theres so much in game confirmation that he was in it that anyone who would try to argue it is a smurfin idiot.

Omnislash07
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Last Order is piece of crap that Square-Enix threw out in hopes of saving the wreckage that was VII. It was not contained originally as part of VII when it came out and is more sad work to wring consumers out of money by riding on a name. Anyone can say something after the fact; hind sight is 20/20.

LO is still accepted by SE to be an expansion on the story of the Nibleheim incident and so you have to accept it to be true wheter you like it or not. Also i think LO was pretty cool and if SE were really just making it to make a bunch of money then why didnt they release it in America instead of making us all dl it illegaly.

Madonna
03-12-2006, 07:35 PM
...That's like asking why they haven't released Advent Children in the US.

Stayin Dizzy
03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
well I guess that when someone makes a game then make a follow up cartoon movie they must be thinking "Oh I think I'll change all MY ideas, and the whole storyline to confuse people!! Why would I want a story I love so much and put years of effort into to make sense!!!"

Madonna
03-12-2006, 08:05 PM
It happens. Take your time in dealing with this newfound knowledge.

Omnislash07
03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
...That's like asking why they haven't released Advent Children in the US.

but there is a difference, AC is coming out on April 25 here in the U.S. (see this link if u dont believe me (http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/index.html)), but there never was the idea of releasing LO in the US.

Also to everyone else on this thread, i think this guys is just pulling an FE by making up something so retarded that no one believes him and then trying to see how many people he can piss off with his "theory" by accepting nothin we say against it.

Ryushikaze
03-13-2006, 07:56 AM
That's not a Future Esthar, that's a Robert Scott Anderson (http://www.st-v-sw.net/). Though to be fair, Future's made a fair showing of it here.

theundeadhero
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Your all taking this way too seriously. Stop believing what you've been spoonfed and use your imaginations.

Crazy CloudxSephy fanboys :rolleyes:

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-14-2006, 03:42 AM
This is retarded, lets just accept cloud was in Shinra everything points to he was...

They just made the temple turn into materia as a plot twist and so you would stop hating cait sith as much as you already inevitably do so when your forced to use him at junon you dont throw your controller at a wall

Zeromus_X
03-14-2006, 05:32 AM
It says in the game that he joined Shinra but never made the cut to be in SOLDIER. He just got to be one of the blue uniformed guys. :cat: What is there to debate? :choc2:

Ashigaru
03-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Part of the game was based on the fact that he was a grunt and didn't make it in SOLDIER. I dont see how this can be debated either.

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-15-2006, 12:43 AM
nope i still hate cait sith.
(i can see the tomatos coming now from angry ciat sith fans)

P.S.i did throw my controller too.

Omnislash07
03-15-2006, 03:14 AM
what! u threw your controller!
i really wanted to but at $30 a pop i wasnt gonna take the chance that broke.

Protagonist
03-15-2006, 07:02 AM
You know what i dont understand, why did cloud HAVE TO gather all the huge materia?. They were going to make a huge materia bomb to blow up the meteor it could have worked.

-N-
03-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Lynx, you are quite a genius indeed. However, I would go with my theory that Zack and Cloud are psychically connected twins. It has been suggested (with some evidence) that identical twins can tell what each other is thinking. That explains how Cloud remembers everything Zack does while he's clearly not there.