PDA

View Full Version : Gem Box

Ragnarok
03-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Hi, I was wondering where I can find a gem box so that I can get economizers at the colleseum. Also I was wondering if there is any other way to get an economizer. Thanks.

NeoCracker
03-11-2006, 12:14 AM
The only other way to get an economizer is by steeling it from a Brachiousauras, its in that forest north of the veldt. I, however, wouldn't give up a Gem Box for an Econimizer.

blackmage_nuke
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
You find the Gem Box in the Magic tower which is south of Nikeah in the world of ruin the one with the people walking in circles at the bottom, the gem box is up the top of the tower. Make sure to have Ultima and Life 3, 4 wall rings wouldnt hurt either ;)

Ragnarok
03-11-2006, 12:38 AM
What is a gem box exactly?

NeoCracker
03-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Gives you X-Magic, allows you to cast two spells in one turn

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2006, 01:07 AM
There is a finite amount of Gem Boxes (read : One), and a technically infinite amount of Economizers. You can steal them from Aquila, which are found the first rooms of the Phoenix Cave, and win them from Brachosaur, found in "Jurrasic Park" on the infamous island of infamy. Simply put, betting a Gem Box for an Economizer is a complete waste.

Zeromus_X
03-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Yes, don't waste the Gem Box. As another note, using the Moogle Charm makes the Fanatics' Tower a joke. (Well, any dungeon a joke ;))

Have Life 3, but you can also Osmose or Rasp Magi Master so he doesn't use Ultima. But that takes a long time, slaughtering Cactuars for Life 3 is easier.

And, equip the Gem Box and Economizer to your best spellcaster! :cat: :D

KoShiatar
03-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I heard that if you cast Berserk on Magi Master, he doesn't do Wall Change, so that yu can kill him with elemental magic, but I never tried.

Flying Mullet
03-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I heard that if you cast Berserk on Magi Master, he doesn't do Wall Change, so that yu can kill him with elemental magic, but I never tried.
This is true. Once he's Berserk he doesn't perform Wall Change so you can find out what element(s) he's weak against at the moment and mow him down.

KoShiatar
03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Looks like a good strategy.

Zeromus_X
03-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Does he have a strong physical attack? I've never used that strategy. (Will he still use Ultima if he dies, if Berserked?) :cat:

Captain Maxx Power
03-30-2006, 11:19 AM
He has a battlepower of 1, so his physical damage is stupidly weak. He will always use Ultima unless he's had his MP drained sufficiently. The best way to avoid it is through Palidor, which will put everyone in Jump status. However you've got to be absolutely sure he can be killed by at least the third Jump lands. Either that or have Life3 on your characters or enough HP's to avoid it.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I find that having one person learn Life3 is the easiest approach. 5 MP from the Hoovers and 10 MP from the Cactrots in the desert south of Miranda is an easy way to learn it.

Vyk
03-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Fighting in Jurassic Park is a good way to level up anyway. With the added bonus of nailing Brachiasaurs for Economizers. Do not get rid of the Gem Box, you need to have the Gem Box and the Economizer. One of the best relic combos in the game