PDA

View Full Version : europe to get dragon quest 8

sub zero
03-11-2006, 12:19 AM
in case you dident know dragon quest 8 might be comeing out in the UK at least around april time.

Awesomeman
03-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Cool, its a great game! I loved it!

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Any RPG beyond 20th March is going to be obsolete when this (http://www.theelderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm) baby arrives.

Awesomeman
03-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Is europe geting that after march?

sub zero
03-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Any RPG beyond 20th March is going to be obsolete when this (http://www.theelderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm) baby arrives. thats a matter of persanal choice i think dragon quest is gonna be ok i realy want ff12

Dreddz
03-11-2006, 01:40 AM
well, typical its only coming out now. Seriously, this came out November last year State side. This is how long we are going to wait for FFXII ya know. I myself, got pissed about this long ago and got into the import scene and I have been happier since.
When you think about it though, EU got FFVIII a whole year after the states got it. So, at least DQVIII isnt as brought back as games in the past. Oh, but DDS hasnt even come out here yet, thats nearly two years after the states.

Awesomeman
03-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Whats DDS? and it des suck that you guyd get games later than us. Why can't europe and america get games at the same time?

Dreddz
03-11-2006, 09:00 AM
DDS is digital devil saga, yep, we havent got it yet but its still coming out even after all its hype.
As with not getting it at the same time, im sure it has something to do with Square not getting as much money as they should. Im not blaming them, they deserve lots of money for there quality titles, but all this shows that releasing there titles in other countrys besides the US isnt high on there to do list. They just dont care that much for us...

Vincent Valentine
03-11-2006, 09:10 AM
I was staying over the states for a few months, back when Dragon Quest VIII game out over there. I have to say, I was thorougly impressed by the game. The system may be largely generic, but it is executed with such polish and finesse, it's hard to resist it's charm. :)

I'm slightly miffed by the fact that it still hasn't come out here though. If I remember correctly, it was originally due out in Febuary, but it kind of just dissappeared off the release dates list. And now it's not due for another month...

I'll have a mild heart-attack if my American save doesn't work with the European edition... :eep:

Dreddz
03-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Memory cards work on all systems and games, dont worry.

Vincent Valentine
03-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Oh, I know that. What I fear is that if they make some variations to the game or the coding, that it may corrupt my save or simply not load. I've had that problem occur in the past with different regional versions of some games.

I just hope this isn't one of them.

Markus. D
03-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Any RPG beyond 20th March is going to be obsolete when this (http://www.theelderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm) baby arrives.

very true. very... very true.

Dreddz
03-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh, I know that. What I fear is that if they make some variations to the game or the coding, that it may corrupt my save or simply not load. I've had that problem occur in the past with different regional versions of some games.

I just hope this isn't one of them.
Hmmm, I dont know about that. But my PAL Ico save did work on my NTSC version of the game, but it could vary from game to game.

Ultima Shadow
03-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Any RPG beyond 20th March is going to be obsolete when this (http://www.theelderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm) baby arrives.The one and only reason to get an X-box360. I'll go for the PC version, though... even though that means I'll have to get a better computer.

Anyways... Dragon Quest 8 seems like an awesome game, so I'll absolutely get it! :cool:

Markus. D
03-11-2006, 12:47 PM
yes. I am also wanting to Try DQ8.

starseeker
03-11-2006, 05:58 PM
It took them long enough, it'd better be good.

sub zero
03-11-2006, 09:48 PM
for those of you who can get the playstaion 2 offical magasine uk there will be a demo of it in next months eddicion out 23rd march

Mirage
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
The memory cards work on all versions, sure, but the data files aren't always compatible. In fact, they rarely are.