PDA

View Full Version : FLCL (fooly cooly)

cloud_doll
03-11-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm a really big fan of flcl, are you? if so, talk about your favorite characters and you favorite episodes!

me:
character:Mamimi
why: cuz shes just so crazy and beautiful!

episode:the first one
why: cuz it was just the start of the six, duh! and cuz i had to watch it like a thousand times to understand everything, lol

Xaven
03-11-2006, 02:59 AM
I've only seen like 2 episodes of it, and am not sure which ones they are (I think it was the 1st and 2nd). I really liked it, but never read the manga or seen any more of the anime.

Zeromus_X
03-11-2006, 03:26 AM
I like it, one of my favorite Animes. But I do have a friend that absolutely loves it. Granted, I do too, but he likes it alot more than me. :cat:

Favorite character: Haruko. Or the Eyebrow Guy. (Name?)

Favorite episode: All of 'em. :cat:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2006, 04:27 AM
FLCL is the pinnacle of all anime. Actually, that's not saying enough. FLCL is the pinnacle of...something better than anime. No, I do not need to go into why.
the Eyebrow Guy. (Name?)Amarao.

NeoCracker
03-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Fooly cooly is the second crappiest thing that my eyes have ever been defiled by. Second only to Gundam Seed. I seem to be the only person I know that hates this show.

Venom
03-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I didnt like the show because it was too far out and I had no idea what the hell was going on.

~SapphireStar~
03-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Ive got the complete series, up to episode 5 at the mo. Very strange, yet interesting anime. I love Haruko :D Im currently reading the manga also, its the same as the anime so far, so your not missing much. The OST by Pillows is godly and Im trying to get my hands on a copy.

Captain Maxx Power
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Where's Azar when you need him?

XxSephirothxX
03-12-2006, 07:35 PM
I hadn't posted in this thread because, honestly, I didn't think it did the series justice. :p It's an amazing coming of age tale, which is all the more impressive when Gainax created it as a sort of "break project" from things like Evangelion. Episode 4 is the shining moment of the series, in my opinion. It's all there--a touching moment, some zany humor, and a real symbolic moment. Oh, and Amarao. I've only seen a few shows that I'd consider better than FLCL, yet none of them have the replay factor. It never gets old. If anything, it gets better every time I see it.

Necronopticous
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
It is hard to think of an anime series that measures up to FLCL, there are very few in my experience.

vampirepiggyhunter7
03-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I heart FLCL

Haruko
Last Eppie.

Have you ever noticed that on Teen Titans (if you watch it) on the New Fu episode that Beast Boy has the same Moped as Haruko and basically the same outfit?

Necronopticous
03-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Vespa

XxSephirothxX
03-12-2006, 07:44 PM
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9480/vespa39pv2ik.png
I'm sure it'll be my signature again fairly soon. :p I'm making a copy of this show as we speak (so to speak ;)) to spread to love.

Death Penalty
03-12-2006, 09:35 PM
What was this show about. At one point they were takin about the pirate king and the the next moment they are playing with guns.

Tasura
03-12-2006, 09:41 PM
FLCL/Fooly Cooly/furi Kuri = <3 x (insert infinity sign here)

the manga is different from the series, some aprts are similar, and some are way way way different, and the OST is great as well, I 'have' it, along with the series and manga. ^^

kikimm
03-13-2006, 03:00 AM
I'm in the same boat as Xaven. But maybe not for much longer!

bipper
03-13-2006, 03:09 AM
The anime changed me. I am not sure how, but I fear moments when i see a pimple form on my forhead now.

cloud_doll
03-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Fooly cooly is the second crappiest thing that my eyes have ever been defiled by. Second only to Gundam Seed. I seem to be the only person I know that hates this show.

well, i guess you gotta be the kind of person who likes shows that are just so crazy.

NeoCracker
03-13-2006, 04:34 AM

well, i guess you gotta be the kind of person who likes shows that are just so crazy.
But i love Excel Saga and Puni Puni poemy, those anime are about as crazy and random as it gets, plus an admin or something are soon going to tell you not to double post and fuse those posts together.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-13-2006, 05:39 AM
FLCL isn't like Excel Saga in that it isn't weirdness for weirdness's sake. People who think there's nothing to FLCL but wall-to-wall zaniness are missing the point. The zaniness is there, sure, but it's <i>used</i> to reinforce the actual story, which, as has been said, is a super-poignant coming-of-age tale.

Xaven
03-13-2006, 05:58 AM
FLCL isn't like Excel Saga in that it isn't weirdness for weirdness's sake. People who think there's nothing to FLCL but wall-to-wall zaniness are missing the point. The zaniness is there, sure, but it's <i>used</i> to reinforce the actual story, which, as has been said, is a super-poignant coming-of-age tale.
Heck, I'd be interested even if there was no actual story. :p

Avarice-ness
03-13-2006, 06:46 AM
I lost the story line in about 10 minutes in Episode one. This is my best friends -FAAAAVORITE- anime... after a while I just try to count how many stereotypical anime actions they can put in there, Plus you should watch it when your in an altered state of mind, it makes more sense... sort of... <3. =D