PDA

View Full Version : For my birthday this monday.

Markus. D
03-11-2006, 04:08 AM
I am getting Drakengard 2 and Fable the lost chapters (I had to help the parent, she really has no idea when it comes to gaming, and she insisted I come with her to pick, even though I wanted it to be a suprise).

could I have an overview of what I am awaiting?

^_^ esspecially for Fable the lost chapters, cause I am purchasing it off its lon-linearness.

edit: no one will answer.... this is evil.

Crehan89
03-12-2006, 01:17 PM
fable is brilliant, one of the best games i have ever played. This game took 5-6 years made and on the credits it even tells you how many takeaways the team ate while making it, it is a piece of art!!!

Madame Adequate
03-12-2006, 01:21 PM
If Drakenguard 2 is like the first one, you'd be better of with something.

Fable is certainly worth getting though. Not what people who followed the development were hoping for - and it's not nearly as non-linear as you seem to think - but it is still a very, very solid and accomplished piece of gaming.

Shiny
03-13-2006, 12:24 AM
I am getting Drakengard 2 and Fable the lost chapters (I had to help the parent, she really has no idea when it comes to gaming, and she insisted I come with her to pick, even though I wanted it to be a suprise).

could I have an overview of what I am awaiting?

^_^ esspecially for Fable the lost chapters, cause I am purchasing it off its lon-linearness.

edit: no one will answer.... this is evil.
Give us time! :( Fable:Lost Chapters is basically the same exact thing as Fable. There really isn't much of a difference. So I suggest you get the cheaper Fable although I really don't recommend either game, because they're extremely easy. On the plus side you have alot of options. I think it's more fun to play the bad side. :radred:

Markus. D
03-13-2006, 08:19 AM
No copies of Fable in store, guess I will have to wait for GW Factions.

Shiny
03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
No copies of Fable in store, guess I will have to wait for GW Factions.
That happened to me when I went to go buy it. :mad: I ended up having to get a used copy which wasn't so bad, because it was in pretty good condition. Happy B-day by the way.

Maxico
03-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Fable (including the lost chapters) is incomplete.

Shame that such a solid engine went to waste.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayin Dizzy
03-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I agree. I beat the game twice in 3 days good and bad without much effort. Not to mention the ending was absolute garbage IMO. It was fun to play though I guess. Definately one for non experienced RPG players

KuRt
03-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Fable is great, all those new hidden thingies in the lost chapters, but it's too short. Also one stupid thing is, there are all these legendary über weapons and even a sword that ended one era but still you can buy even better sword from the shop...

Alixsar
03-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Considering that it IS Monday, I think I'm too late. Anyway, skip Drakengard 2. Just rent it and buy something else. I recommend Battlefield 2 (for the PC) because that game is incredible.

Mythra
03-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Are you getting it for PC or xbox??? Usually all the stores I've been to have had copies of it.

Psychotic
03-14-2006, 02:29 AM
Happy birthday. :roll:

...even though it's no longer your birthday in either of our timezones, it still is in the good ol' US of A.

BatChao
03-14-2006, 02:33 AM
I haven't played either Drakengard, so I can't help you with that.

I played the regular Fable, which was really fun. But you have to go in it without the expectations that the game will be some awesome open-ended , non-linear world because then you will be disappointed. The game is actually quite linear, but fun nonetheless. I guess you could say the plot and missions are linear, but the fashion you play can be different each time... so I guess it's a little non-linear in that fashion. The Lost Chapters has some extra content, so that's nice. I'm pretty sure it costs the same as the original Fable ($20), so you should go with Lost Chapters.