PDA

View Full Version : ff6 > ff7

lordAshram
03-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Most polls about which ff is the best will put ff7 automatically as the best ever. There is a poll right now and with lack of surprise I see that ff7 reigns supreme. Am i missing something? While ff7 was an extremely awsome game, the one i absolutely fell inlove with and cannot get tired of playing (have already finished it three or four times) is final fantasy 6.

lets begin comparison..
a ton more characters and more importantly, each character has his or her own personal storyline instead of it being all about one character

music - intro, walkthrough, opera, nough said

in storyline I would put them about equal however the fact that each character in final fantasy 6 has his or her own special move again makes them more enjoyable and unique from each one, compared to ff7 where there is no difference between characters in combat.

Overall I liked ff7 but loved ff6. No accion figures, no movie coming soon. Am i alone in this? if so please let me know how ff7 is better than 6 . My personal list from best to worse: ff6, ff7, ff4, ff9, ff8. ff5

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-11-2006, 05:24 AM
FFVII was probably always be the most popular FF game; being the first one to go 'mainstream' as they say. I can name quite a few aspects of FFVII that were better than FFVI and vice versa, so I have a hard time placing one in front of the other.

So I'll just take the easy way out and say that FFIX was better than both of them.

Beyond
03-11-2006, 05:45 AM
ff6 > ff7

But only if we're discussing which is over-rated more. Kefka is the worst villain ever.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-11-2006, 05:48 AM
Worse than Shuyin? I think not.

Beyond
03-11-2006, 05:54 AM
I don't know the story behind him, but from what I've heard it's still better than Kefka.

Oh, Kefka, you so cr@zy.

blackmage_nuke
03-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Kefka is the worst villain ever.
Villians are meant to be bad so isn't that a good thing? :p

FF VI rocks with its story and music.

Lexy
03-11-2006, 06:22 AM
I think that VII always wins polls and stuff because there is a whole generation of kids that were too young to play VI when it came out, and didn't start playing FF til 7 (and then they never went back and played the old ones, or maybe VII stayed in their heart as the best because it was their first).