PDA

View Full Version : need some big help

terley
03-11-2006, 10:39 AM
ok heres my dilema ill break it down

1. i need to get anima and magus sisters to get yunas celestial weapo charged
2. to get them i need to beat dark shiva who is hell fast
3. to get a first move in against shiva to use yojimbo zanmato i need to get aurons celestial weapon fully charged
4. ive got his weapon my entering the name into the airship and got the crest
5. but ive tried to charge his weapon with the piece i have from the mihen highroad old road and it says "you do not have aurons weapon"
6. reading guides it says i need to take the rusty sword ive got to the statue of mihen etc
7. but wen i put in godhand into the airship i dont see any statue anywhere...
8. i tried walking from mihen highroad looking for it but i only get killed by the magus sisters..
9. to kill the magus sisters i need to use yojimbo and i havent rly looked into it so far

basicly i jsut need to get aurons weapon but i cant find the statue.. please tell me exactly where it is :( images would be helpful lol

Vivisteiner
03-11-2006, 11:45 AM
To get rusty sword. Go to calm lands. Over bridge where u fought defender X, then go down that hill thing. When near Yojimbos cave, just walk right, away from his cave. Eventually, ull reach a dead end, and there is a stone thing. Press X and ull get the rusty sword.

Once u get the sword walk to Mi'ihen, and try and sneak past the Magus Sisters, which took me a while to do. Just try walking round th edges. Walk on, and somewhere on the left there'll be an entrance (I think the 2nd turning). Go through it and up some elevator thing and insert the rusty sword to get Masamune.

terley
03-11-2006, 12:13 PM
To get rusty sword. Go to calm lands. Over bridge where u fought defender X, then go down that hill thing. When near Yojimbos cave, just walk right, away from his cave. Eventually, ull reach a dead end, and there is a stone thing. Press X and ull get the rusty sword.

Once u get the sword walk to Mi'ihen, and try and sneak past the Magus Sisters, which took me a while to do. Just try walking round th edges. Walk on, and somewhere on the left there'll be an entrance (I think the 2nd turning). Go through it and up some elevator thing and insert the rusty sword to get Masamune.

k cool but i already got the masamune from the ruins near besaid i typed MASAMUNE into the airship locator thing and it took me there.. do i still need to finish the rusty sword part?

Little Blue
03-11-2006, 12:27 PM
IIRC, that's for the Murasame, not the Masamune, so just do what Vivisteiner suggested. Also, you don't need Auron's CW to get first strike when you're fighting Dark Shiva. Anybody can have that on their weapon if you customise appropriately.

terley
03-11-2006, 04:41 PM
what items are needed for customisation for first strike?

terley
03-11-2006, 04:57 PM
anyone got an msn i can add for help?

Tavrobel
03-11-2006, 06:03 PM
To acquire Auron's legendary Weapon, the Masamune, you must first aquire the Rusty Sword, found on the Eastern Cliff of the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth in the Calm Lands. Take the Rusty Sword to the Statue of Lord Mi'ihen on Mushroom Rock Road...
...place the Rusty Sword before the Statue to reveal a glyph. Touch the Glyph to reveal [it].

The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth is the on that where you go to a bridge when you fight Defender X, and there is a path down. Head to the right of the screen until the camera angle changes, and you should find the Rusty Sword. Then go to Mushroom Rock Road from the Mi'ihen entrance, and head to the right. You will reach a part of the map that will lead:
a) to the previous screen (left)
b) to the battle site of the Operation (right)
c) to the Masamune (up)

First Strike can be customized with a Return Sphere. Return Spheres are bribed from Dark Elements in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth for 3 of them. (36k gil in NA version). You said you tried to put in MASAMUNE for an Airship password, not a password. The password is MURASAME, which leads to the Murasame, which bears the one MP cost ability. GODHAND leads to the Godhand, Rikku's Ultimate Weapon, which has nothing to do with Auron's Weapon, except for the fact that Tidus appears in both animations showing each character getting his or her Weapon. (except Lulu, she does not appear to even HAVE an animation for receiving her weapon).
To kill Dark Shiva, you don't NEED Zanmato, despite the fact that it is easier to obtain than in the North American version (the "friendliness" requirements are slashed in half). Really, if you ever tried leveling up your characters to at least complete the Sphere Grid, you find it is much easier, and will lead you to have enough gil to Zanmato anyways. Maybe you should've read those giudes a bit closer too...

Auron's Masamune has
- Break Damage Limit
- First Strike
- Triple Overdrive
- Counterattack

To charge his weapon, you need both the Crest and the Sigil. Crest is found somewhere in the Mi'ihen Oldroad, which is easy to find with a Chocobo. For the Sigil, it is a prize from the Monster Arena guy, when you capture 10 (quantity) of 10 different Fiends (monsters) from 10 different regions (Gagazet, etc.). It would seem you have a long way to go before you even CONSIDER fighting Dark Shiva. You probably have not completed the Sphere Grid either. Half of what you aspire to do is a huge waste of your time on resets and deaths; focus on one thing at a time (Masamune first). Which means you need to:
a) complete the grid for 3 characters (recommended no matter what you try to do)
b) capture all the fiends (for the Sigil)
c) get the Crest on the Oldroad (no, really, for the Sigil?)
c) actually obtain the weapon (for the Masamune, charged)

Rikku's Godhand has
- Break Damage Limit
- Triple Overdrive
- Gillionaire
- Double AP

I can't make an ASCII map because apprently, the forums don't recognize multiple spaces as legitimate spacing.

starseeker
03-11-2006, 06:19 PM
An easy way to get past the magus sisters is to start at Djose temple and walk from that end.

terley
03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
k hopefully all sorted

i have aurons celestial weapon now and charged once need to do the monster capture thing

walking bak from djose temple was the best idea :)

oh and btw i got zanmato on my first try again shiva, she was pooned lol

k so the monster arena guy wants me to...

find 10 different monsters from 10 different areas

so basicly i need to find 10 monsters all of different species from ten different areas?

any help on the locations for a good amount of different monsters wud b cool

seing as thers only 9 diff monsters in calm lands.. i dont wana be hunting 8 monsters hoping for 2 new ones in a random place

thx

Tavrobel
03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
k hopefully all sorted
i have aurons celestial weapon now and charged once need to do the monster capture thing
walking bak from djose temple was the best idea :)
oh and btw i got zanmato on my first try again shiva, she was pooned lol
k so the monster arena guy wants me to...
find 10 different monsters from 10 different areas
so basicly i need to find 10 monsters all of different species from ten different areas?
any help on the locations for a good amount of different monsters wud b cool
seing as thers only 9 diff monsters in calm lands.. i dont wana be hunting 8 monsters hoping for 2 new ones in a random place
thx

Get yourself a bestiary from the internet, listing the monsters, or get the strategy guide. While it says capture ten from ten areas and ten of them, it is just easier to capture 10 of ALL creatures. Start at the first place listed on the Airship, and the party you will want to use is Tidus, Wakka, and Auron. Buy weapons with Capture, and add whatever abilities you want on it. Best recommened are Counterattack, Evade and Counter, or Deathstrike (I don't recall Stonestrike ever helping me efficiently capture anything). This also helps to fulfill the requirements for Yuna's weapon.