PDA

View Full Version : Reno?

Chris
03-11-2006, 12:54 PM
I have a problem, it's not a big problem, but it's still a problem. My name. I find that still a lot of people have trouble spelling or even pronouncing my name, Reno. How uncommon is the name "Reno" in your life? Do you know anyone named Reno? I hate my name. I've had so many difficulties growing up with this stupid name.

Sergeant Hartman
03-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Live with it.

TheAbominatrix
03-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Reno. Ree-no, yes? Like the city?

I think it's an awesome name. I dont see the difficulties in pronouncing it, but some people are just dumb. My last name is pretty straight forward, but people still manage to screw up pronunciation of it on a fairly regular basis, and in some really retarded ways.

I've never met anyone named Reno. But of course there's Final Fantasy VII's Reno, and that big ass gambling city one state over.

Chris
03-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Reno. Ree-no, yes? Like the city?

Yes, that's correct.

And I do live with it everyday, but that doesn't make it less annoying. :)

Shauna
03-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Meh, my name is Shauna.... Shawna it's pronunced, but people insist in saying Shona. Yeah, it's annoying, and even if you correct them, it's like... they don't learn. So then people spell the name wrong and it's annoying to recieve Christmas cards with many misspellings of your name on them. But, I learn to live with it and not let it bother me anymore. :D

Old Manus
03-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Shauna is spelled yuna-elena, duh

Anaisa
03-11-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't know anyone with that name. But I know how to spell it an pronounce it. My first name used to be rare here, an people used to struggle to pronounce it. But its not that uncommon anymore here, so in Britain anyway, they don't really have any trouble spelling it or pronouncing it now. But they never get my surname right. An occasionally they'll get both wrong. Most of the time after ive told them how to pronounce my surname, they'll still keep pronouncing it wrong. An sometimes they'll give up attempting to say it an will just stumble part of it out. Also my first name has one of these ^ an they always forget to write it. An my surname has a double dotted i which they always forget to do as well. But I like my name. An I was disappointed when my first name became more common, even though it meant more people could pronounce it properly. I think You should be pleased that your name is rare.

Agent Proto
03-11-2006, 01:51 PM
And here I thought your name was Chris. You lied to us about your name!

Chris
03-11-2006, 01:55 PM
And here I thought your name was Chris. You lied to us about your name!
I did no such thing! Go ahead and ask Meat Puppet, he knew all along! :D

Markus. D
03-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Re-no.

thats the dudes name.

but. its Ree-no if you meant the city.

Resha
03-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Reeeeeno.

Well I don't like my name but there you are.

Zeldy
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
"Reh-no"
I love your name Resha, Pooja, Its so cute :(

KoShiatar
03-11-2006, 02:54 PM
I was so sure his name was Chris. :P
Well, however, I think Reno's got nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing.
You know, names don't make people, no matter what you think. But people do make themselves. It happened to me that names I used to dislike became wonderful for me because I had met a gorgeus person with that name.

Bowser
03-11-2006, 03:41 PM
renos an awesome name. i hate boring names like phil. :(

Social Moon Firesky
03-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't personally know anyone called Reno, but I think it's a hot name. ;) I might just call my kid that...*Ponders*

Ki Ki
03-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Reno?!
That's a cool name! I'd kill for a name like that.
But I thought your name was Chris. :choc2:
WELL MY NAME IS WORSE. It's a weird name that you can't even say properly I bet you can't. :mog:

Twilight Edge
03-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Don't know anybody with that name.Ree-no...always cool.

KuRt
03-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Really cool name. U'm just thinking why do people pronounce it wrong, it seems so easy. Ree-no.

DMKA
03-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Nope, I've never met anyone named Reno. My first name is John (lucky me >_>), so dissapointingly no one has trouble with it. I've met maybe three people who've gotten my last name right the first time. I don't understand what's so difficult about it, but eh.

Miriel
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
People butcher my first and last name all the time. I have only met a handful of people in my life who have pronounced my last name correctly.

And you know those people at the supermarket who say, "have a nice day Ms._____"? They ALWAYS butcher my name. Why the hell would you risk insulting a person like that instead of just saying, "have a nice day"? Stupid people.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-11-2006, 08:17 PM
rei-no

Del Murder
03-11-2006, 08:39 PM
How uncommon is the name "Reno" in your life?
Not at all uncommon.

escobert
03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
A teacher pronounced my last name as "hoe" one time :(

Laugh at face of Danger
03-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I've never had a problem with my name, only my surname, they spell it wrong but who cares, they can all push off

~SapphireStar~
03-12-2006, 12:57 AM
I'd rather have the name my dad wanted then the one I was given. Thanks mum ...

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-12-2006, 01:43 AM
My name is waay too common :(

Rusty
03-12-2006, 03:00 AM
I don't see the trouble with Reno.

People always ask me to spell both my first and last name. Chloe really isn't that hard and no it is not spelt 'Cloe' nor does it have a 'y' on the end. Rigby would have to be the worst. I have to spell it everytime. I'm learning to say 'it's like rugby, but with an 'i' instead of the 'u'. Infuriating people.

Yamaneko
03-12-2006, 03:21 AM
People fuck up my name all the time. It's not really their fault, though, since in English it's the correct way to say it.

JackNapier
03-12-2006, 03:25 AM
Whoa, having the name Reno would be pretty cool. You could be all "Swishaa look at me I'm from the Turks!"

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-12-2006, 04:06 AM
My name is Jeremiah. I will say it out loud to people and they will repeat it back as 'Jeremy.' It pisses me off to no end. How can you seriously HEAR ME SAY THE NAME JEREMIAH and then make your brain go "Oh he said his name was Jeremiah but I bet he ment to say Jeremy urr." People are retarded.

And the spellings. HA.
The following have been used at least once.

Jeramiah
Jerama
Jerrymia
Jerimia
Gerromaya
Gerimiha
And others. Gawd.

Yamaneko
03-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Jemima

Rengori
03-12-2006, 04:07 AM
You should be glad your first name isn't Lucky.

Xaven
03-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Lucky isn't so bad of a name as long as some handicapped or special kid doesn't have it. Then they just seem even more... well... dis-functional.

Chris: I don't personally know anybody with the name Reno, but I've always known it was a name. (Reno as in REE-no?)

I've yet to meet a person who has mis-pronounced my first name (Brandon), but my last name is rarely said correctly the first time (Amaral). With my last name, they say it am-er-AL (:mad2:) instead of am-er-OLL (:)). In writing/typing people tend to replace one or both vowels of my first name with an 'e', and the middle 'a' of my last name with an 'e'. I've just gotten used to it, and always check for correct spelling.

Markus. D
03-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Reh noh

you mean the dude from ffvii?

Rengori
03-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Lucky isn't so bad of a name as long as some handicapped or special kid doesn't have it. Then they just seem even more... well... dis-functional.
You made me feel loads better. Any crack about "Lucky Charms" or "Lucky Duck" I'm going over to their house and punching them in the face.

-N-
03-12-2006, 08:26 AM
How uncommon is the name "Reno" in your life?
Not at all uncommon.Bada bing!

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
03-12-2006, 08:32 AM
You made me feel loads better. Any crack about "Lucky Charms" or "Lucky Duck" I'm going over to their house and punching them in the face.
Slow down you Lucky Duck:laugh: :hahaha:

Chloe.
03-12-2006, 10:05 AM
People always ask me to spell both my first and last name. Chloe really isn't that hard and no it is not spelt 'Cloe' nor does it have a 'y' on the end.

Wow, my name is Chloe too :D A lot of people don't know how to spell it, but its really easy. Someone once thought it had a W in it....:confused:.....weird.......Anyway I think Reno is a cool name!!!:cool: :D

Rye
03-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I like your name, Reno~ I pronounce it Ree-no.

My name is pretty easy to pronounce. Jessica. And if that's hard, most people just call me "Jess" so that's the easiest thing ever, one syllable.

The Cosmo Memory
03-12-2006, 03:43 PM
why would you care if your name was reno? hes a cool ff7 character! i want a name like that............... Harry Sucks -_-

Lost Number
03-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Reno? Odd name, never heard of it. No one ver gets my name right.

RPJesus
03-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Reno. It's a pretty familiar name, around here. How can anyone here not know it? Blasphemy, I do say!
The character is 'reh-no', right? And the place is 'Ree-no'.

Just die your hair orange and get a suit. You'll be the talk of the town!

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
03-12-2006, 04:57 PM
my name's chris, but everyone i know always misses out the "h".. it's a simple enough name... I like Reno... *steals name*