PDA

View Full Version : A question for the mods.

Shoden
03-11-2006, 01:48 PM
What is the fastest time between a member joining and yuou banning them? there's that many people banned that it will take a while to find overall fastest so I'll ask this to individual mods. Please don't hate me but I want to see how cruel and evil you really can be.

NeoCracker
03-11-2006, 02:28 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=75276
This is probably it, lets see them beat this.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-11-2006, 02:47 PM
check this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=20394) nutjob out :)

Shoden
03-11-2006, 04:09 PM
These are all cool but what I see as funny is "pwned" banned when they did something hillarious on their early days and *boom* headshot, banned.

Endless
03-11-2006, 04:44 PM
What is the fastest time between a member joining and yuou banning them? there's that many people banned that it will take a while to find overall fastest so I'll ask this to individual mods. Please don't hate me but I want to see how cruel and evil you really can be.

I know that for some people who were making duplicate accounts, we banned some as soon as they (re)registered. Then there's the IP ban to ban them before they register. And for people joining for the first time, I've seen some banned in their first hours of membership.

Shoeberto
03-11-2006, 04:52 PM
These are all cool but what I see as funny is "pwned" banned when they did something hillarious on their early days and *boom* headshot, banned.
I love Pure Pwnage references as much as the next guy, but I just saw you use "boom headshot" in another thread. It's a neat catchphrase but c'mon whydon'tchanowhey.

Shoden
03-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I know, sucks anyway but why haven't you confessed Hsu? you know your evil ways wont get you into the party up there.

Sometimes the threads they make and posts are hillarious in the first hours then they get themselves banned, then their welcome thread becomes a spam fest or something. I remember GBM's antics, he may have lasted a few months but I still reckon he could of been on the way to a ban in his early days, but without these kamikaze n00bs EoFF would just be another boring old forum wouldn't it?

Momiji
03-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm kind of confused here. If people have been banned for making second accounts, why wasn't I banned for making one to pick on Crash?

Lost Number
03-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Kamikaze newbie are only good as a smokescreen for long established members spamming.

Shoden
03-13-2006, 05:33 PM
But I think some of the mods have a personal favourite banning, I made this thread to find out what they are. I know the mods are really an evil organisation bent on world domination and the destruction of chocolate.

NeoCracker
03-13-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm kind of confused here. If people have been banned for making second accounts, why wasn't I banned for making one to pick on Crash?
Because it was a noble cause

rubah
03-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Joke accounts will be banned, but unless the user making them is being really obnoxious with it or something else devious and dirty, we don't usually cut them off at the source.

Else anyone who participated in banfest would've been banned xD

Psychotic
03-13-2006, 11:33 PM
But everyone who participated in banfest was banned. That's why they made the second accounts. What a bunch of irresponsible idiots they were!

Roogle
03-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Sometimes, we receive notice of a few accounts that must be intercepted at the time of their registering. It is during those times that we simply disable member registration and ban a number of accounts created in that timeframe.

starseeker
03-14-2006, 06:00 PM
What was banfest? (I sound like such a n00b)

Jsb01
03-14-2006, 06:03 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=75276
This is probably it, lets see them beat this.

lol, that is pothetic

Laugh at face of Danger
03-14-2006, 06:06 PM
it was fun ^^

~~I mean, it was where there were loads people getting banned all at once, i was around in that, but i don't remember clearly (i sound like an old woman - wait!) yeah, and practically everyone who joined in the threads got banned

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Joke accounts will be banned, but unless the user making them is being really obnoxious with it or something else devious and dirty, we don't usually cut them off at the source.

Else anyone who participated in banfest would've been banned xD

Yeah, I mean I'm still here. I did the Chugglesthewonderhamster thing to be a super hero. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that was a second account in the first post though. I think it lasted about half an hour. Good times.

theundeadhero
03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
If your second account doesn't last at least a couple of days then your a failure.

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Ah man :(

Flying Mullet
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
If your second account doesn't last at leat a couple of days then your a failure.
This is my second account. xD

Laugh at face of Danger
03-14-2006, 09:07 PM
If your second account doesn't last at leat a couple of days then your a failure.

What about your third though...?

theundeadhero
03-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Same difference from then on out.

Psychotic
03-15-2006, 04:06 PM
If your second account doesn't last at least a couple of days then your a failure.:-/

Well, to be fair, all I wanted to do was make that one post in Feedback. Anything else was a bonus.