PDA

View Full Version : Tifa Lockheart vs Ryu (Street Fighter)

SuperMillionaire
03-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Who would win, and why: Tifa or Ryu?

Mirage
03-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Ryu, because he's got more than 10 moves :p.

Twilight Edge
03-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Ryu,because he can do long ranged attacks a.k.a the Shinryuu Hadou-Ken(or something like that).:D

SuperMillionaire
03-11-2006, 03:31 PM
It's called "Shinku Hadou-ken". The Shinryu-ken belongs to Ken.

yuno
03-11-2006, 03:39 PM
TIFA!!!

with all that materia,tifa has more than enough moves to beat ryu up.especially with kotr and shield and all that.

Twilight Edge
03-11-2006, 03:41 PM
What if Tifa has no materia?

yuno
03-11-2006, 04:43 PM
still TIFA!!!

why?because tifa simply pwns all!!!

SuperMillionaire
03-11-2006, 05:39 PM
LOL

Mirage
03-11-2006, 06:05 PM
TIFA!!!

with all that materia,tifa has more than enough moves to beat ryu up.especially with kotr and shield and all that.

I would assume this is a martial arts match. Why else should it be vs. Ryu?
Tifa has like 9 moves. Regular attack, deathblow, and 7 limits

Rengori
03-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Hadoken!

cloud_doll
03-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Tifa cuz she just kicks ass

Shin Gouken
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Ryu is the greatest martial artist of all time ever! (aside from akuma) Tifa gets by using materia and metal gauntlets. Take them away and she's the equilevent of sakura :D

Ashigaru
03-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Tifa would use knights of the pwnage. So she would win.

SuperMillionaire
03-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Ryu is the greatest martial artist of all time ever! (aside from akuma) Tifa gets by using materia and metal gauntlets. Take them away and she's the equilevent of sakura :D
?

Fatal Impurity
03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
tifa because ALL her moves are specials and youve got her super OWNAGE from FF:AC to think about....

SuperMillionaire
03-12-2006, 07:04 PM
What is it? Is it different from her Final Heaven limit break?

But what about Ryu's Shin Shouryu-ken? And what is materia?

Shin Gouken
03-12-2006, 07:08 PM
?

LOL where did i lose you?

SuperMillionaire
03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm still here, but also looking at other things.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-14-2006, 03:28 AM
umm... ryu has the cool spinny kick thingy and weak nooby hadukens that get pwnt by ken but come on... its like sneak attack = KotR... Ryu may have kung foo but he doesnt have 129,987 hp... or at least i doubt he does

advocate
03-14-2006, 12:02 PM

*ahem*

Zangan: "Tifa has good sense. She'll be a powerful fighter."

Twilight Edge
03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Ryu is the greatest martial artist of all time ever! (aside from akuma) Tifa gets by using materia and metal gauntlets. Take them away and she's the equilevent of sakura

Totally agreed.:D

gyaku_zuki
03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
well, tifa is cool...

if u take away her materia, ull have to equally take away ryu's special moves...

but anyway, even without materia, tifa can stick to walls (a la advent children) and would still have her limit breaks...

hmm, but ryu is a martial artist, like me...

TOO HARD :D

Jsb01
03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
sorry Tifa, your just not that good...

Venom
03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I dont really know, I guess I'd have to see em fight first.

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Ken would kick both there buts.

Dreddz
03-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Tifa really has no chance against Ryu.

boys from the dwarf
03-14-2006, 09:03 PM
comparing there moves i think it would be rather close. ryus hadoken and his fancy kicks are powerful but in comparison to all of the limits and her ability to use all 7 in a combo i think that that just about beats ryu. not by far but the power of some of the moves that tifa does is more powerful than hadokens..

Rengori
03-14-2006, 10:38 PM
not by far but the power of some of the moves that tifa does is more powerful than hadokens..
I don't think Tifa would last long if X was throwing that Hadoken.

KentaRawr!
03-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Tifa. She has big *snip*.

Death Penalty
03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
well, tifa is cool...

if u take away her materia, ull have to equally take away ryu's special moves...

but anyway, even without materia, tifa can stick to walls (a la advent children) and would still have her limit breaks...

hmm, but ryu is a martial artist, like me...

TOO HARD :D
No you wouldnt as they are not superficial powers such as materia

gyaku_zuki
03-15-2006, 12:05 AM
i suppose tifa can take advantage of that cheap girl tactic,
KICK IN BALLS AND RUN!

lol

Mercen-X
03-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Tifa could kill Ryu with a single Final Heaven.

Rase
03-15-2006, 12:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/RyanStage/Ryu004.jpg

KentaRawr!
03-15-2006, 02:52 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/mech/ultimatearmorgames/Ryu004.jpg

o_o d00d, Tifa is hosted by angelfire.

Lionx
03-15-2006, 02:59 AM
You guys have NOT seen Sakura in a Custom Combo..its killer..she is top tier man.

According to the system FAQ of jchensor, fighting game life bar is calculated by hit points, and a Ryu(lone Ratio 4) would have 20160 HP. >_>; Thats alot more than what some of you posted.

I prefer Ryu because he has more ways of getting in if it really came down to a fighting game formula...Final Heaven and her combos are more of a Super equivalent and it would depend on how she combos it in..but bs Shoryuken priority wins D:

Omnislash07
03-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Tifa would definetly win because she is way faster that Ryu and is still quite powerful. You say that Ryu would have about 20160 hp and Tifa's max is only 9999 but what is Ryu's max damage? i've gotten Tifa up to 9999 in a regular attack so that means Ryu is dead in 3 hits.

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Tifa would definetly win because she is way faster that Ryu and is still quite powerful. You say that Ryu would have about 20160 hp and Tifa's max is only 9999 but what is Ryu's max damage? i've gotten Tifa up to 9999 in a regular attack so that means Ryu is dead in 3 hits.
If Ryu has that much HP what the hell makes you think his atack would be as low as Tifas.

Omnislash07
03-19-2006, 05:31 PM
because when playing fighting games i have never seen Ryu kill anyone with 3 normal punches. So that would mean that his attack power is lower than that of Tifa's because Tifa can kill Ryu in 3 punches.

NeoCracker
03-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Ryu would win, since Tifa is subject to the turn based fighting, while Ryu will move as fast as he possibly can as he is not subject to it. Game over for Tifa.

Rengori
03-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Was it a critical hit? Or did you just overlevel her severly.

And I think everyone is forgetting the fight has to be fair in some aspects.

Shin Gouken
03-20-2006, 12:22 AM
If you look at it a different way than HP/turn based/power and all that other mumbo jumbo than you will see that ryu is clearly the winner. Look at the street fighter II animated movie. Ryu fights Fei long. Ryu takes defensive and is quickly floored by Fei. Ryu then adapts for the current situation and takes offense, focusing more on speed and perfectly aimed punches/kicks. In his fight with Sagat, he works purely on defensive, only attacking when Sagat leaves an opening. He will quickly assess Tifas approach and adapt. She won't be able to land a single punch on him, he'll own her from the start

Dignified Pauper
03-20-2006, 01:20 AM
tifa because ALL her moves are specials and youve got her super OWNAGE from FF:AC to think about....

I believe she was owned inside the church. Ryu, could woo her with his looks, then rip out her heart.

Death Penalty
03-20-2006, 02:49 AM
If you look at it a different way than HP/turn based/power and all that other mumbo jumbo than you will see that ryu is clearly the winner. Look at the street fighter II animated movie. Ryu fights Fei long. Ryu takes defensive and is quickly floored by Fei. Ryu then adapts for the current situation and takes offense, focusing more on speed and perfectly aimed punches/kicks. In his fight with Sagat, he works purely on defensive, only attacking when Sagat leaves an opening. He will quickly assess Tifas approach and adapt. She won't be able to land a single punch on him, he'll own her from the start
Correct.

Ste "The Man" Sephiroth
03-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Tifa would just summon Ifrit or something, or if not, just blast him away with some sort of magic like fire or thunder.

SuperMillionaire
03-25-2006, 12:57 AM
If that's three HPs, not LPs.

Lionx
03-25-2006, 01:00 AM
I think i seen some combos xx supers and custom combos that can total over 8000 worth of life gone with Ryu.

Some other character's supers/combos/customs total over 11,000 hp gone. Thats almost the entire life bar shaved off if not all.

SoulTaker*
03-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Come on Ryu beat Bison, who speed isnt even based in this world, and he is on par with Akuma who can actually project the pain of hell into the souls of his enemies, tifa lost to Loz. Not to mention if Ryu was on th ebrink of losing and became possessed by his evil intent, then its just a massacre. Just to be fair, I think they would trade blows for awhile, until finally Ryu just hits her with a charged Hadoken then its a wrap.

SuperMillionaire
03-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Ryu will NOT use the Satsui no Hadou in this match.

Cloud spikey head
03-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Ryu will NOT use the Satsui no Hadou in this match.

Ha ha this is a funny discussion :), I really wonder how you guys can compaire a rpg caracter with an fighting game caracter. If you really compaire it you must compaire it with ergiez, and then I think that ryu would win. Because I think he's faster and he can punch and kick harder. And he does know serveral fighting sports.

SuperMillionaire
05-12-2006, 02:13 AM
I know, He deals a lot of damage when he hits his opponent! I've played him before, and he deals out a lot of damage (and takes little damage as well!). Wow, great attack power, stamina, and HP...

Can Ryu dash away from Final Heaven and then blast Tifa with Shinku Hadou-ken (the beam super from the Marvel vs Capcom series)?

Erdrick Holmes
05-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Ryu because Tifa's stance and moves make absoluty no sence. I mean she has a maui thai stance and Antesuken punches and kicks.

Big D
05-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Ryu because Tifa's stance and moves make absoluty no sence. I mean she has a maui thai stance and Antesuken punches and kicks.Her stance is a fairly generic one - one foot forward, knees bent, one hand in front of the face and the other beside. That's common to a lot of martial arts... Muay Thai, on the other hand, keeps the upper body much further back, with a different set of hand and foot positions...

I have no knowledge of, or interest in, the Street Fighter series and its characters; but I reckon it's worth bearing in mind that Tifa was part of the team that took down a colossal, nearly God-like being of unrivalled strength and magical ability. Even the Ancients couldn't kill Jenova, but the ragtag team of FFVII heroes took down Jenova, Sephiroth and the combination of the two.

SuperMillionaire
05-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Ryu because Tifa's stance and moves make absoluty no sence. I mean she has a maui thai stance and Antesuken punches and kicks.Her stance is a fairly generic one - one foot forward, knees bent, one hand in front of the face and the other beside. That's common to a lot of martial arts... Muay Thai, on the other hand, keeps the upper body much further back, with a different set of hand and foot positions...

I have no knowledge of, or interest in, the Street Fighter series and its characters; but I reckon it's worth bearing in mind that Tifa was part of the team that took down a colossal, nearly God-like being of unrivalled strength and magical ability. Even the Ancients couldn't kill Jenova, but the ragtag team of FFVII heroes took down Jenova, Sephiroth and the combination of the two.
Come to think of it, you're right.

I think that Tifa uses a rushdown (get up close) style of play, but Ryu can keep her away with a barrage of fireballs. How can she get past the fireballs without being nailed by a dragon punch if she jumps in on him?

DeathKnight
05-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Ryu in less then 10 seconds:mog:

defcon_blackice
05-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Tifa would win, shes a better fighter

DudeSon2004
05-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm gonna say Tifa, I was never really into Street Fighter games.

Crossblades
05-12-2006, 09:42 PM
As much as I love Tifa, Ryu gets my vote

ChocoKid21
05-13-2006, 01:59 AM

I have to agree. I thoroughly enjoy her moves on AC.....

But, even without that, I'd still say Tifa because..............Well....IMO, I like FF more than SF.

KentaRawr!
05-13-2006, 02:49 AM
Ryu because Tifa's stance and moves make absoluty no sence. I mean she has a maui thai stance and Antesuken punches and kicks.

Yeah, totally. She can't do a hadouken from that stance.

escobert
05-13-2006, 10:50 AM
it's not really a good match since she;s a rpg cahracter and wouldn't have crazy fighting moves and liek a fighting game character would have. His entire game is absed on his attacks, tifa fights with support, magic and all that.

Lionx
05-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Well if all else fails Ryu should do it the Daigo way and parry that crap.

SuperMillionaire
05-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Tifa could kill Ryu with a single Final Heaven.
What if she does it, and Ryu manages to dash away from it?

KentaRawr!
05-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Then Ryu is hacking. >_>

Erdrick Holmes
05-20-2006, 07:39 PM

Then Ryu is hacking. >_>

Or Ryu can just use his legs.

SuperMillionaire
05-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, and then, he'll blast her with his Shinku Hadou-ken.

According to the system FAQ of jchensor, fighting game life bar is calculated by hit points, and a Ryu(lone Ratio 4) would have 20160 HP. >_>; Thats alot more than what some of you posted.

I prefer Ryu because he has more ways of getting in if it really came down to a fighting game formula...Final Heaven and her combos are more of a Super equivalent and it would depend on how she combos it in..but bs Shoryuken priority wins D:
I'm guessing you're talking about Capcom vs SNK 2. There is a ratio system with a maximum of four points, for a maximum of up to three characters. If you pick only one character, he or she is a ratio 4. In console versions, there is also an option for you to play 3-on-3 matches WITHOUT the ratio system, as well as a single match option that uses the round system. It is a one-on-one match.

The fighting styles of Tifa and Ryu are different, but what if we put them under the same system? It should be either the Capcom vs SNK 2 style or the Kingdom Hearts 2 style.

Also, another note: In Kingdom Hearts 2, Sephiroth has 3,000 HP (soucre: official strategy guide). If Ryu has over 20,000 HP, he wins in a landslide over Sephiroth (although it will still be quite a tough task to accomplish).

ekinserge
05-22-2006, 12:02 AM
dhalsim and jivatma coz both of them have long hand

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-22-2006, 02:29 AM
ekinserge, stop spamming. If you wish to make a post, it should contribute to the thread topic.

And as far as the topic itself is concerned, it's a tough call on my part. Judging Tifa's abilities from Advent Children and assuming the super move bar that Ryu can utilize for his powerful attacks is roughly comperable to Tifa's limit bar, I'd say Tifa has the definitive edge in that direction. However, Ryu has more versatility in a normal fight, Tifa is fast and tough but Ryu is as well, plus his Hadoken (although it does take forever to charge, meaning Tifa'd cream him if he tried).

So really, I don't know. It'd be an interesting fight.

Well, assuming Tifa has no materia anyway. If she has the right materia it's game over for Ryu.

ekinserge
05-22-2006, 02:39 AM
ekinserge, stop spamming. If you wish to make a post, it should contribute to the thread topic.

And as far as the topic itself is concerned, it's a tough call on my part. Judging Tifa's abilities from Advent Children and assuming the super move bar that Ryu can utilize for his powerful attacks is roughly comperable to Tifa's limit bar, I'd say Tifa has the definitive edge in that direction. However, Ryu has more versatility in a normal fight, Tifa is fast and tough but Ryu is as well, plus his Hadoken (although it does take forever to charge, meaning Tifa'd cream him if he tried).

Well, assuming Tifa has no materia anyway. If she has the right materia it's game over for Ryu.
oh my god, i cannot make jokes with you...you always take thing too seriously...and back to the main topic, i think tifa will win because she got great speed, chain combos and loveable style...

BustaMo
05-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Tifa would distract Ryu with her humungous knockers and then kick Ryu's ass like she kicked Loz's ass in FFVII: AC.

Mirage
05-22-2006, 03:46 AM
She'll kick Ryu's ass like she kicked Loz' ass in FFVII: AC. Hehe.
With her face-to-your-fist style then? :)

Jojee
05-22-2006, 03:57 AM
LOL ^-^ This thread made me laugh so much XD :p :p :p

How can you even compare them, they're in entirely different games :p

SuperMillionaire
05-26-2006, 07:39 PM

That's onlY his Denjin Hadou-ken. Regular Hadou-ken and Shinku Hadou-ken come out pretty fast. Also, if Ryu were to do Denjin Hadou-ken, he would only do it if he manages to get Tifa dizzy...

Shin Gouken
05-26-2006, 08:23 PM

If Tifa is allowed materia then surely ryu is too?

Looking at it from the film point of view, i'd say ryu would win. His dragon punch and hurricane kick in Street fighter two the animated movie is enough to K.O anyone and he can use them at his disposal (ie not as a super move but rather whenever he feels like it)

Markus. D
05-27-2006, 02:42 PM
well, Tifa on Ehgiez (spelling?) was awfully powerful like all the FF secret characters.

so, Tifa :D

DoaJ
05-28-2006, 02:23 AM
If Tifa is allowed materia then surely ryu is too?
hmmm...Ryu as a hidden character!!!! just kidding, but you know you'd use him... ;)
Anyway, hmmmm....Well, I'd go with Tifa. I have mostly the same reasons as everybody else, so im not even going to bother writing it all out...

Perducci
05-28-2006, 02:57 AM
I don't see any way of Tifa beating Ryu.
He'd just Hadou-ken her face off.

DeathKnight
05-28-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't see any way of Tifa beating Ryu.
He'd just Hadou-ken her face off.

HAHA! that'd be awesome:D

Tifa has NO CHANCE!

SuperMillionaire
05-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Let's take the Kingdom Hearts battle system into play for Tifa. In KH2, she has 1086 HP. Sephiroth has 3,000 HP. Now let's plug in the Capcom vs SNK 2 battle system for Ryu, using the Ratio system. He is a lone ratio 4 fighter, so he has 20160 HP. With that ratio, Ryu would totally smash Tifa, not to mention Sephiroth as well!