PDA

View Full Version : Battle arena

starseeker
03-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm trying to beat the battle arena in gold saucer but I can't finish the final fight. What materia set up, levels, weapons etc should I use. I have cloud at level 57 with the Ultima weapon, Mystile armour and a Ribbon. I've completed the chocobo breeding side quest.

Crop
03-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Well it all depends what handicaps you get, who is the final fight anyway?

starseeker
03-11-2006, 06:14 PM
I was different both times, all the other fights were easy.

Crop
03-11-2006, 06:16 PM
If you have KOTR, just save that till last then BAM! You win. If you dont have it, go get your gold chocobo and get it.

starseeker
03-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I have it, I just either had 0 mp or couldn't summon. I just need to hope for some good luck then.

Tavrobel
03-11-2006, 06:49 PM
The last battle is Pro(u)d Clo(u)d, a giant two pieced enemy.

At level 57, it's all about your luck. If you have Omnislash, wait to use it on the last enemy. Otherwise, try leveling up more.

Rengori
03-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Get a ribbon. It helps a crapload.

starseeker
03-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a ribbon and this is just the ordinary round, not the special fight (I am that bad). I'd better start making offerings to lady luck then.

TheSpoonyBard
03-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Do you have the Mime materia? If so, charge your Limit Bar then enter the Battle Arena. Use your Limit in the first round, then Mime in all the other battles. Of course, you'll have to change tactic if you get Break Command Materia or Break All Materia.

blackline77
03-11-2006, 08:24 PM
get a ribbon and try to level up a little maybe to like 60. itll help.

starseeker
03-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I have a ribbon and am at level 57. I've managed to get omnislash so my strategy's pretty well sorted. (nuke into oblivion) How do you unlock the special fight. I heard you have to get W-Summon as well. Is that true?

TheSpoonyBard
03-11-2006, 09:16 PM
To unlock the Special Battle you must have purchased and learnt Omnislash, purchased W-Summon and defeated Ultimate WEAPON.

starseeker
03-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Ta, I just have to get W-Summon then.

Dell
03-12-2006, 02:55 PM
If you have master materias, then you'll beat them easy like me.
Otherwise, Ultima is the best. you should considered enemy skill, they'll help a lot. have 9999HP and 999MP with plus HP/MP materia is good as well. 4xcut/slash all are your choices if the enemy is weak.
KotR, BahamutZ, Hades, shadow flare can be used to enemies that is strong. I always use my physical cause it always done 9999 damage.
Cloud Ultima Weapon damage depend on Cloud HP. I only battle in monster arena on certain days, cause I get a lot of luck at that times.
(I always get no handicap, cure and status giver but I'll be find with Ribbon). Just keep out for no materia, level down, low MP/HP.

yuno
03-16-2006, 03:28 PM
balance your materia.enemy skill,magic,summons,other commands.and i think you need a bit more levels.

Twilight Edge
03-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Well,here's how I will try to guide you through the battle arena with,Cloud,of course.

Ultima Weapon-a MUST
Ribbon-I missed it but make sure you equip it(I can't believe I survived that)
Limit Breaks-At least until Finishing Touches(if you're trying to get Omnislash)
Materia-any strong materia that you can use,KOTR,Bahamut Zero,etc.
(I used enemy skill with shadow flare,cure-all,ultima,one master and three lv 1 HP plus,1 MP plus,comet,phoenix,neo bahamut[never got zero],restore master,slash-all)
Armor-at least Mystile

P.S:My Cloud was LV52 at that time.

Hambone
03-17-2006, 02:13 AM
using slash-all helps a lot and use a ribbon. Also, when the slots are going, look at all the handicaps and try to stop the wheel at the one that hurts you the least.

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Instead of lengthly summoning, slash-all (like the above poster said) helps alot. Also, Added Effect=Hades helps tremendously. Ribbon, Mystile, and Ultima should be your equipment. Then again, if you get your weapon/armor/accessory broken, you could be screwed anyway. And have HP Plus materia equipped until you have 9,999 HP. Then you should be doing around 7,000+ damage to each enemy while inflicting major status effects. Mystile should help you dodge most attacks while Ribbon prevents statuses, and Ultima Weapon helps you deal damage.

At least, that's what I used. You can replace Slash-All with 2x or 4x Cut, in fact, 4x Cut would be better if you actually have it. Proud Cloud only has like 60,000 HP. (Don't know about it's other part.) It shouldn't be too challenging. Heck, summon Hades to inflict statuses if your attack doesn't do it for whatever reason. Summoning KOR or Bahamut-ZERO isn't really neccesary, but if you want to sit through the lengthy summon animations, you could do that too I suppose. :cat: Magic isn't neccessary either, but you could put on Contain or something if your weapon gets broken or something. :choc2:

Edit: Oh yeah, you may want to use Time Materia (Haste) to help you out. So could Regen. But those are optional, after all, you do have items.

TheSpoonyBard
03-17-2006, 03:21 AM
try to stop the wheel at the one that hurts you the least.
You'll get more BP if you choose the harshest handicaps. I believe Break All Materia gives the largest reward.

Twilight Edge
03-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Yeah.My materia was once all broken and I got loads of BP.I once even kill a Blue dragon in berserk toad form.

Sephiroth1112
03-31-2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah.My materia was once all broken and I got loads of BP.I once even kill a Blue dragon in berserk toad form.

im sorry i had to put this... THATS AWESOME! LMAO! i wished i could do that :) lol

Project G
03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
The battle arena is sooooo easy!

Have the following items!

A Ribbon, KOTR, Mime, Ultima weapon, and an extreme amount of luck (Not for the character! For you) with the slots

EDIT:- My Cloud was about Lv: 60, he was equipped with the Ultima Weapon, Mystile, Ribbon, 4x cut, Mime, KOTR, E-skill, Phoenix - Final Attack

Masamunemaster
03-31-2006, 02:19 PM
what do you have to do to get slash-all