PDA

View Full Version : Evil Wall need strategy

Nick Schovitz
03-11-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm in this game in the underground world and after I collect the dark crystal I go into a battle and fight a wall how am I suppose to beat this thing? I throw everything at it and it doesn't even smash up , stop or anything? Need help please.

Zeromus_X
03-11-2006, 10:11 PM
EvilWall is tough, thats for sure. Unless you're overlevelled, but you probably aren't if it's your first time through the game.

Bio is a must. Bio it, then berserk and haste at least two of your fighters. (You'd be surprised how much damage you do!) Try using slow, but I'm not 100% sure it would work. Rydia should be summoning Titan, or Leviathan if you got him already, but you most likely did not. Titan will do if not. After Rosa berserks/hastes, have her heal the party. Keep at least one melee fighter not berserked, probably Kain. You can have him Jump if you want. Just revive fallen party members with Phoenix Downs (Lifes?...) :cat:

If you don't have some of these spells, just level up in the cave. If you were killing all of the TrapDoors, you should have gotten alot of Exp. already. I believe Rydia learns Bio it at level 30 something... maybe the same with Rosa's slow, haste, and berserk. Does anyone know the levels they learn those spells? I don't remember...

Wasn't there a thread on this? Meh. :cat:

Mirage
03-11-2006, 10:22 PM
It wasn't too hard for me, but I had Blizzaga, which took about 3-4000. It got about halfway before it died.

Zeromus_X
03-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes, but I assume he's talking about Chronicles, or a Hardtype rom. The GBA version is easier. (EvilWall isn't really a challenge in that port.) Or maybe you just like using the proper spell names? :cat: :p

Mirage
03-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I thought the FF4A was based on the hardtype version, but with extra bosses.

Zeromus_X
03-11-2006, 11:19 PM
FFIVA kinda has it's own difficulty. ...Compare it to DoS. Enemies are the same, but you gain Exp. Faster, get more gil, some items are available for purchase, items are cheaper, but spells are learned the same levels as hardtype...

Well, it's a full-blown remake. But it is very easy. (Not as hard as hardtype though.:cat:) I'm guessing they toned it down for the new generation to play it? Meh. They most likely added the extra stuff for an added challenge (since it's so easy.) and for something new.

Or maybe it's because I've played this game so many times that I don't think it's hard anymore?

..But anyway, Advance is easier :p

Mirage
03-11-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't know, I think my levels were about the same this time through, and I only rarely buy items in shops anyway :p

Rengori
03-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Attack like crazy, have Rydia chain summon the best summon you have, and have Rosa heal you adn give ether to Rydia every now and then.

Madonna
03-12-2006, 02:28 AM
I found Virus to be useful.

Crossblades
03-12-2006, 04:50 AM
Use Jump, regular attacks, shurikens and your strongest magic

Mirage
03-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I recon berserking Kain would be better. Sure, jump deals double damage, but takes 2 turns aswell. With berserk you'd deal more damage in total. I guess Edge could be berserked after you've thrown the fuuma shuriken you got too.

Nick Schovitz
03-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Fuma shruiken, naw I don't have any shruikens, I've just used everyone to attack ecept Rosa and Rydia which I just use Rydia to summon Titan, but it still doesn't work I'll go with your strategy with casting bio and such and I definetly do not have fire3 or any of those yet.

Mirage
03-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I know you get atleast one fuuma shuriken in the sealed cave. Probably behind one of those optional trap doors.

Prancing Mad
03-12-2006, 04:08 PM
The first time I beat him was all because of Kain. He got really close and started smashing everybody. So I took the chance and had Kain jump every turn he had in order that his attack miss. I can't believe it worked, but hey it did.

Zeromus_X
03-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh yeah, if you feel like cheating (some consider this trick cheating at least.), use the item duplication bug. (This won't work in GBA. But it does in Chronicles.) And throw your best swords/lances/etc. at the bastard.

I'll just explain it..

Get into a battle. Go to item, go to a blank space in the inventory first, then switch it to an equipment in that character's left or right hand. Then run away. Now go to the equip screen, and equip the item you removed. There will be a "2" next to it. Unequip it. Now equip it again. You will have 1 equipped and 1 in your inventory :cat:

Now you can throw crap at anything :cat:

Mirage
03-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Funny, I can't seem to be allowed to throw weapons in the GBA version. Stuff like the Ahura katana is greyed out.

Zeromus_X
03-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Well, some items can't be thrown. Are you sure it's not equipped? It's been awhile though...:cat:

Anyway, yeah, I rethought it, it would be better to berserk Cain. Especially if you got the Blood Lance earlier. (You may not've, but meh.)I usually get it then anyway...

Leave Edge alone, so he can throw, etc. :cat:

Mirage
03-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Yep, I just rechecked today. I can't throw anything but throwing stars.

Zeromus_X
03-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Hm? He can throw some Katanas, swords, and lances. (Well, I know he can throw Excalibur.) I guess it just depends? I suppose there's a "throw" guide somewhere...:cat: :choc2:

Rengori
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Funny, I can't seem to be allowed to throw weapons in the GBA version. Stuff like the Ahura katana is greyed out.
It's not really that smart to throw a full size katana... Nor would it be easy to get right. Short swords, go ahead.