PDA

View Full Version : Help me out.

Burtuc
03-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Ok I need help with photoshop.

How do I take something from one picture, and put into another?

rubah
03-12-2006, 02:53 AM
You open both images, select the area you want with the lasso or magic wand of one image, copy it, and paste as a new layer into the other image.

Burtuc
03-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Ok I got that part sown.

Now when I taake out something from the other Image, how do I get rid of its backgroud?

Xaven
03-12-2006, 06:11 AM
Ok I got that part sown.

Now when I taake out something from the other Image, how do I get rid of its backgroud?
Like trying to take a person out of a picture, but you don't want the scenery in the background? That would take uber-precision cutting with whatever tool that let's you do that (The Star button in MS Paint). I don't remember much from 7th grade, so I don't know the name of the tool.

As far as I know, there aren't programs that do that for you. :eep:

Edit: Ooooh! Photoshop! I thought you said Photobucket and had no idea what you were talking about. :p

Rengori
03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Take the starred eraser tool, set it on anti alias, keep messing around with numbers on tolerance and start erasing the background. And make sure it is set on contigous. This is a crapload harder when you have an intracate background or a backgroun that is a simalar color to the object you want to keep.

o_O
03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
To take a complex (or simple :p) shape out of an image, press ctrl + alt + X to get to the Extract dialog. Then, use the highlight tool to highlight the edges of your shape, and the fill tool to fill the area inside the highlighted border. Then click Ok, and just like magic, you have the thing you wanted, minus the background. :p