PDA

View Full Version : That was just too unreal.....

Acid Raine
03-12-2006, 05:22 AM
About Tifa's fight in the church. I mean, she can walk on walls and move THAT fast? It seemed just.....freakish....

Zeromus_X
03-12-2006, 05:44 AM
I think they were all at level 99 during the movie :D :cat:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-12-2006, 05:48 AM
She was wearing Sprint Shoes.

mooglebunni608
03-12-2006, 05:50 AM
Remember she could have some Jump materia (if that exists)
Or something like that :3 I think they all had it. :P

Acid Raine
03-12-2006, 06:09 AM
I actually havent seen the movie, I just saw the Tifa/Loz fight scene in a AMV. I refuse to see the movie with subtitles, it ruins the feel.

Zeromus_X
03-12-2006, 06:11 AM
I actually havent seen the movie, I just saw the Tifa/Loz fight scene in a AMV. I refuse to see the movie with subtitles, it ruins the feel.

Then I wonder how you'll feel when horrible english voice actors butcher your favorite characters? :) :cat:

Well, they don't look so bad so far...hopefully they won't screw that part up too badly.:choc2:

Acid Raine
03-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Then I wonder how you'll feel when horrible english voice actors butcher your favorite characters? :) :cat:

It wont be butchered anymore than me missing something because I was busy staring at words across the bottom of the screen. The voice actors don't look at all very promising, however. RLC voice does not fit at ALL what I had in mind for Tifa, and CCR voice seems a little too deep (it DID work for KH Yuffie, though)

Ishin Ookami
03-12-2006, 06:38 AM
I refuse to see the movie with subtitles, it ruins the feel.

Actually, I find that NOT watching it with subtitles ruins the feel. With any international film, It pays to watch it in the original language to get the original intent of the directors. I often find that no matter how good the english dubbing, they never TRULY capture the essence of the original language track. Just as I woudlnt want to watch Lord of The Rings or Star Wars in a different language. The difference would be that the actors paid to voice the roles, no matter how talented, just would not be able to give the same performance that the original directors envisioned.

It wont be butchered anymore than me missing something because I was busy staring at words across the bottom of the screen.

I've been watching subtitled films since I was eight years old. So long as you possess a modicum of reading ability it ruins nothing. To really get the most from international cinema it's best to have a more open mind. Im not a fan of Advent Children, but it's the princible of getting the most out of the film possible.

Acid Raine
03-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Actually, I find that NOT watching it with subtitles ruins the feel. With any international film, It pays to watch it in the original language to get the original intent of the directors. I often find that no matter how good the english dubbing, they never TRULY capture the essence of the original language track. Just as I woudlnt want to watch Lord of The Rings or Star Wars in a different language. The difference would be that the actors paid to voice the roles, no matter how talented, just would not be able to give the same performance that the original directors envisioned.

I've been watching subtitled films since I was eight years old. So long as you possess a modicum of reading ability it ruins nothing. To really get the most from international cinema it's best to have a more open mind. Im not a fan of Advent Children, but it's the princible of getting the most out of the film possible.

po-tay-to, po-tah-to. I dont HAVE to see it that way, do I?

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
03-12-2006, 08:45 AM
It is a fantasy movie based on a fantasy game set in a fantasy world.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-12-2006, 01:27 PM
About Tifa's fight in the church. I mean, she can walk on walls and move THAT fast? It seemed just.....freakish....
she doesnt reely walk/run on the wall, i can do tht, all u needa do is jump with ur feet

Kadaj of SHM
03-14-2006, 04:29 PM
As Shadow said its a fantasy movie, meaning using your imagination. So dont watch it if you havent got that extra bit of imagination. And i do think the english voice overs will ruin the movie, but fingers crossed they will do a good job!!

Laugh at face of Danger
03-14-2006, 05:34 PM
It's all about momentum and balance, maybe she's wearing velcro

Remember she did train as a martial artist and they can do weird things :Oo:

cloud_doll
03-14-2006, 10:20 PM
i was too busy seeing how cool it looked to see if it looked freaky...the only thing that looked sort of weird is how they all could pratically fly everywhere by just jumping...but then, of course it is supposed to be fiction and on another world, who knows maybe their gravity isn't as strong ;)

~SapphireStar~
03-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Its an animation movie, anythings possible.

Ste "The Man" Sephiroth
03-18-2006, 02:33 AM
She was just jumping around. The freakish thing in that fight was jumping 20 feet hight and throwing him threw a load of chairs. But they can do stuff like that in the game so....

What I thought was freakish was Cloud going up to Bahamut like a torpedo because he was getting little bunts up.

Acid Raine
03-19-2006, 04:06 AM
What I thought was freakish was Cloud going up to Bahamut like a torpedo because he was getting little bunts up.
That, too. How odd was that? His friends can throw him that forcefully? 0_o remind me never to piss them off.....

~SapphireStar~
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
That, too. How odd was that? His friends can throw him that forcefully?
I thought that was an excellent sequence on team work, really got the blood pumping and screaming "COME ON CLOUD!" ... maybe thats just me ...

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-19-2006, 02:37 PM
It doesn't negate the fact though that it looks utterly ridiculous :\

Acid Raine
03-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it wouldve looked better if he wouldve just jumped....

Dreddz
03-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, she should be pretty agile seeing as she must weigh about 1 kg as Loz can swing her about with no ease....

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 11:34 PM
chaos: I know man, totally unreal. I mean, c'mon, Sephiroth transforming into some super-human being with the power to bring a supernova? Completely normal. :)

Vyk
03-21-2006, 01:27 AM
Was it supposed to be realistic? I thought they were superhuman. Its less realistic when you have human actors try that stuff without the help of CG. A string just doesn't cut it. At least in CG it looks possible. Even if the logic in your mind tells you its not. But there are animes with a lot less logical things going on. So no quirps there. As I do so enjoy my anime. And all the improbability that comes with it.

Sparky
03-21-2006, 04:19 AM
You have to put in theory that he threw her as hard as he could so she had a lot of force pushing her towards the wall which would explain how she had so much time( makes sense to me).

Mo-Nercy
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
You, my friend, are an idiot. It's obvious that SE intended to make the characters seem superhuman. In the Japanese extras DVD, Tetsuya Nomura says in an interview that he simply wanted to make the fight scenes "cool instead of realistic".

Markus. D
03-21-2006, 11:42 PM
what do expect of the "Fantasy Movie Genre" and the "Action Genre".

its quite awe if you think about it, because lots of that action was unique in approach.

like Tifa slamming him onto the ground .... then slowly about to land, then *GRAB*, Loz is holding her by the foot and swinging her around.

the speed of the action is also beauty *_*

Fatasy = Allows it to be unrealistic.

Action = Allows the unrealasism occur.

Kadaj of SHM
03-23-2006, 04:41 PM
I have one thing to say to this subject.

FANTASY!!!!!!!

FallenAngel411
03-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I concur. It does not make sense now, and never will. It will forever remain ridiculous and incomprehensible. If you think it looks freakish, then it does.

Chris
03-23-2006, 07:49 PM
People seem to forget that fictional characters can do anything they want! :p

Acid Raine
03-23-2006, 10:38 PM
-.- my gawd, people.

Death Penalty
03-24-2006, 12:23 AM
It is a fantasy movie based on a fantasy game set in a fantasy world.
My banned vrother said it best.

Markus. D
03-24-2006, 03:45 AM
its also unrealistic that Cloud's eye wasnt gouged with part of his brain also blowing up when he was shot in the early part of the movie.

but then again, that didnt show up in the game either.

Vyk
03-24-2006, 03:52 AM
Indeed. They all took plenty of bullets in the game. So I just accepted that as a natural thing for them. They're super human

Sparky
03-25-2006, 03:39 AM
After it all is said and done, its a great movie no matter what.

does anyone know of a link that will confirm the presence of Ifrit or Shiva in the english.

(Just needing to know because i read that the reason they delayed the release date the last time was to extend it to make it longer because everone was bootlegging it online, and that they put Ifrit and Shiva in the new one.)

Ouch!
03-25-2006, 04:36 AM
because i read that the reason they delayed the release date the last time was to extend it to make it longer because everone was bootlegging it online, and that they put Ifrit and Shiva in the new one.)
I seriously, seriously doubt that.

Vyk
03-25-2006, 05:31 AM
If they wouldn't have pissed around, 90% of us were willing to wait a teensy bit longer. But they pushed their luck too far. Shoulda just stuck with the symultaneous release... >_>;

Sparky
03-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Im tired of waiting. I am also tired of reading subtitles in a way. But I just hope that whoever they have do the voices, does a great job!

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-27-2006, 06:04 AM
does anyone know if the english movie is suppose to have a longer storyline? Bahamut sin looks so freakin awesome!!!!!!!:choc2:

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
can anyone tell me where i can get an english trailer to the movie? i would really like to see the english trailer. please help me if you can:choc2:

Zeromus_X
03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
does anyone know if the english movie is suppose to have a longer storyline? Bahamut sin looks so freakin awesome!!!!!!!:choc2:
It's going to be the same movie, but with more bonus stuff.(As DVDs seem to have.)

(Just needing to know because i read that the reason they delayed the release date the last time was to extend it to make it longer because everone was bootlegging it online, and that they put Ifrit and Shiva in the new one.)

No.

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-28-2006, 04:11 AM
when does the english version come out? at Rhino Video Games, their posters say April 25, 2k6 but EB games put the same crap out not to long ago and then was taking a $5 deposit to reserve it or you could pay for the whole thing, so i paid the whole price and the jerks took everything down and i lost 26 dollars to those idiots, so does anyone know for sure?:choc2:

Zeromus_X
03-28-2006, 04:57 AM
Very late April, don't remember the exact date, but I think your's is close to it. It's funny, I remember reserving the dang thing last year, and I've already downloaded and watched it many times since then :cat:

Masamunemaster
03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
spawn of sephiroth dont unsheath your sword to soon it will be out soon enough and ask eb wtf

Kadaj of SHM
03-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Spawnofsephiroth, i downloaded the english version of the trailer from LimeWire. Its a good one but the characters dont talk in it, there is a voice over. I would post it but i dont know how to sorry. It didnt take long to download.

i read that the relaese on region 2 will be 24th april 2006. I wonder how much HMV will sell it for and if it will go on sale all over the british retail shops like WH Smiths, HMV, Virgin Megastores, Woolworths etc......hmmmmm.

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-29-2006, 03:18 AM
alright. thanks Kadaj of SHM and Zeromus_X:choc2:

Zeromus_X
03-29-2006, 03:29 AM
Another way to get it besides file-sharing programs, is to order a Japanese copy. (I know that my local comics store had a bunch of 'em.) It can't be that expensive, and it's legal, if you care about that :p

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM
well, i own the japanese copy. i am just starting to get tired of reading subtitles all the time:choc2:

xtreme112
03-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Well it shouldnt be later than May. My brother works at a DVD shop and that's when they'll be coming in. (well thats for australia anyway)

Besides the movie's good in itself with or without subtitles, we'd been waiting so long that i didnt care that it had subtitles and japanese just sounds so cool

and i agree it just won't be the same with english voices...

and on the fact that it's unreal, almost every big scene in it is unreal, so get over the realism!
(eg: nobody could hold a sword as big as cloud's compilation of swords, summons aren't real, but we don't pick on that, Loz seems to zoom around which is virtually impossible, nobody is as strong as any of them are made out to be need i bother going on?)

Kadaj of SHM
03-30-2006, 02:37 AM
But its FANTASY!!

Its suposed to be unreal, if not you all would have been complaining that it didnt have that Fantasy edge like the throwing and jumping and the excellentely done battle scenes!!

Im sorry but this movie was what i was waiting for my whole life!!!

Dark Paladin
04-04-2006, 01:42 PM
But its FANTASY!!

Its suposed to be unreal, if not you all would have been complaining that it didnt have that Fantasy edge like the throwing and jumping and the excellentely done battle scenes!!

Im sorry but this movie was what i was waiting for my whole life!!!

I agree. I mean is any of the good stuff really realistic. Like the whole Bahamut thing and the fact that Clouds sword is way too heavy to hold in one hand. And also the fact that Barret has a gun grafted into his arm. If it was realistic it would be boring. Where would the cool fights be.

Acid Raine
04-09-2006, 04:28 PM
:eep: omfg. I know it is a fantasy. I meant how it appeared that she was able to do it out of nowhere. I mean, they all seemed to be average fighters who happened to beat the most powerful of evils....., and then out of nowhere, Tifa is flying around the room.

Dark Paladin
04-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Do you mean from the game? I didn't care that it was unrealistic from the gameplay. The fights made it what it was

Acid Raine
04-12-2006, 02:52 AM
*sigh* I dont think I am getting my actual point across.

Dark Paladin
04-16-2006, 06:31 PM
No you are getting your point across and i'm getting it loud and clear... I think.

Eiko Guy
04-16-2006, 11:30 PM
i understand what he is saying he means they act all normal then tifa goes all gohan on us and has all this power

Acid Raine
04-17-2006, 02:34 AM
i understand what he is saying he means they act all normal then tifa goes all gohan on us and has all this power
BINGO!!!!!

eiko guy gets a cookie!!!!!! :cookie:

Make that 2, cuz he's so smart. :cookie::cookie:

Dark Paladin
04-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Do you think it could have been a limit break?

Acid Raine
04-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Do you think it could have been a limit break?
I never thought of that....I mean, Cloud usus limits, right?

Mika
04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
It is possible to fight like Tifa. Just...not jump like her. XD A friend of mine did Martial Arts and he said it IS possible to do what Tifa does. Minus the jumping... and...er...landing on a wall. o_o;

Obviously you might not be as fast as her...

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-22-2006, 09:25 AM
of all the scenes in the movie to pick on you chose the 1 scene that probly has the most realistic fighting.

theres a scene where cloud is like bouncing around on his motor bike sword fighting, and theres scenes where cloud and sephiroth are cutting through HUGE chunks of building so that it doesnt hit them while they are in MID-AIR!

and your complaining that tiffa stays stuck to a wall for a few seconds too long when she gets thrown :confused:

your on drugs right?

Zeromus_X
04-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Not only that it's a fantasy piece of fiction, but it's just a movie. Of course it won't be realistic, it's a movie. :p :cat: It never really bothered me that much, I guess. :cat:

Acid Raine
04-23-2006, 07:32 PM
of all the scenes in the movie to pick on you chose the 1 scene that probly has the most realistic fighting.

theres a scene where cloud is like bouncing around on his motor bike sword fighting, and theres scenes where cloud and sephiroth are cutting through HUGE chunks of building so that it doesnt hit them while they are in MID-AIR!

and your complaining that tiffa stays stuck to a wall for a few seconds too long when she gets thrown :confused:

your on drugs right?
Yes, I am on drugs.

Look past your nose that is stuck oh-so-high in the air. I had previously said that I havent seen the movie yet. In fact, it just came out today. I had seen this scene in some AMV.

lady yunalesca
04-24-2006, 12:02 AM
its called final FANTASY. tifa can do whatever she likes!!! and so can the rest of them!! if its too "unreal" for you, get out of the fiction section!!! maybe you would like a nice drama instead!! ;)

Acid Raine
04-30-2006, 07:46 AM
*twitch twitch* so......pissed....off....right....NOW!

DONT YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?!?!? IT HAS ALREADY BEEN STATED WHAT I MEANT. I NEVER SAID THAT IT HAD TO BE PERFECTLY REALISTIC. READ POST #55.

I meant how it didnt fit into the "theme" so to speak (Ive seen it now). Throughout the movie, Tifa was calm, and all of a sudden WHOOSH! thar she blows! I didnt mean "unreal" as unrealistic, I meant "unreal" as "odd" or "shocking"

lady yunalesca
04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
*twitch twitch* so......pissed....off....right....NOW!

DONT YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?!?!? IT HAS ALREADY BEEN STATED WHAT I MEANT. I NEVER SAID THAT IT HAD TO BE PERFECTLY REALISTIC. READ POST #55.

I meant how it didnt fit into the "theme" so to speak (Ive seen it now). Throughout the movie, Tifa was calm, and all of a sudden WHOOSH! thar she blows! I didnt mean "unreal" as unrealistic, I meant "unreal" as "odd" or "shocking"

perhaps it was an awkward time of the month for her??????????????

Mercen-X
05-01-2006, 11:36 PM
It was stated clearly by its creators that the laws of reality were dismissed to make the movie cooler. I did find a discrepancy there though. Unless its true that Cloud is at level, like, 1000, he shouldn't all of the sudden be able to jump so high on his own. Why? Because he couldn't do it the game. Junon anyone?

morning_star
05-02-2006, 05:26 PM
it's final fantasy. enough said.

Amaru
05-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Why are some people suddenly going crazy and stating that things are unreal? Erm, hello, this is Final Fantasy we're talking about. We have human characters with weapons embedded on their arms, who can mutate into monsters, who have abilities to talk to the planet, a talking dog, characters who can unleash different powerful attacks when they get hit enough times, characters who can use magic via the use of small orbs that can attach to their weapons, characters who have survived direct attacks by Sephiroth, characters who have fallen several feet and survived like nothing ever happened...

*Huff. Weez*

Hello?! ;)

Acid Raine
05-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Did you guys not see the very last thing I said???? I didnt mean "unreal" as "unrealistic". I mean that it just doesnt seem to fit the canon. Why wont anyone listen to me???

Amaru
05-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Erm, everything in my post is canon from the game itself. So yeah, you've lost me.

Acid Raine
05-02-2006, 10:29 PM
I know. I just hate how people keep ignoring me, and continue to criticize me for thinking a game with 'fantasy' in its name in unrealistic, when I have stated twice now, that I meant it differently.