PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross: Something great.

Patchy
03-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Best game I've ever played. I do not think words can do justice to how much I loved it.

The first time that I played through Chrono Cross was when it first came out (In my town at least) in 2000. So I was somewhere around 13 years old. I loved the game, a lot. And, once it was over, I had no clue what had just happened. I understood little/none of the plot and it's implications to the overall story of the series. The game itself was easy enough to get through, and it had some situations that I found very challenging the first time through.

A few months ago, I was in EB games and I saw a used copy for 10 bucks, which I grabbed in a hurry. The pace was pretty damn slow, seeing as how people tend to have more homework when they're 17 and working than when they're 13 and not working. Regardless, I inched closer to the finish, and my love for the game grew steadily as I went. And then, last night, I pushed all night and got it done. Wow. Just Wow.

I love this game so much.

The entire story and its plays on time, humanity, fate - and any others that I can't think of now because I'm way too tired. Farkin' amazing. I'm failing to see why Final Fantasy got all of the focus, the storyline of the Chrono Series blows final fantasy out of the water. It's intelligent, complex, and EPIC!

I could go on for a very long time..

So did anyone else here like it as much as me? More than me? Who thinks I'm crazy and it sucks? Hahaa..I need sleep.

NeoCracker
03-12-2006, 11:03 AM
It was fun, not great by any means but fun. Way to many character were thrown in for no real reason. This game had nothing on its predicesor, Chrono Trigger.

Skarr
03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Chrono Cross was a marvelous game. I totally enjoyed what, at the time, was an epic experience for me in gaming. You may hate me for it, but I like Chrono Trigger a lot more...I'm sorry, I just do. However, CC is one of my favorite games and easily a legend of the PS1 era of RPG's.

Stayin Dizzy
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I thought CC was one of the greatest games ever. Plus it was tied to CT, unlike howw FF games lost sight of the whole 4 crystals save the world thing

Ramza Beoulve
03-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Is one of the greatest, but only one.

In my heart, there's still three better than CC

Legend of Mana
Final Fantasy VIII
Chrono Trigger

edczxcvbnm
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
It was fun, not great by any means but fun. Way to many character were thrown in for no real reason. This game had nothing on its predicesor, Chrono Trigger.

What the hell are you talking about? The story revolved greatly around the events of Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross is the fallout/after math of the events of Chrono Trigger.

NeoCracker
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM

What the hell are you talking about? The story revolved greatly around the events of Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross is the fallout/after math of the events of Chrono Trigger.
When I said it had nothing on its predecessor i meant it wasnt as good. Below the enjoyment level, normally I'ld list a bunch of stupid things lke that mut i don't want' to.

Reeno the Alchemist
03-17-2006, 12:14 AM
BEST GAME IN THE FLIPPIN WORLD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!OMG I LOVE THAT GAME IF I WAS ALLOWED TO ID MARRY IT

XxSephirothxX
03-17-2006, 12:17 AM
It didn't have the charm or the battle system of Chrono Trigger, but Cross had one of the best storylines of any RPG I've ever played. It really made you think, and it was a genuinely deep game, not just another "save the world" plot. It was easily one of the best games Square's ever made.

-N-
03-17-2006, 12:19 AM
When Azar speaks, the rest of the world agrees.

Crossblades
03-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Chrono Cross is a fun game, but I feel Chrono Trigger is still a whole lot better

Eiko Guy
03-17-2006, 05:03 PM
its great ;) just like the riddles go chek them:D :D :D

Schala Kidd Zeal
03-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Awesome game! I never played Chrono Trigger. :/ Don't kill me for that. But, since everyone is saying its BETTER than Chrono Cross, I MUST check this game out.

Especially since Cross was such an awesome game.

See ya around mates. <333

Reeno the Alchemist
03-18-2006, 11:44 PM
to me i dont think ct was better probably cause i played cc first but i still like ct just not as much

~SapphireStar~
03-19-2006, 12:56 AM
It was fun, not great by any means but fun. Way to many character were thrown in for no real reason

JaytodaP
03-23-2006, 01:14 AM
i own this game, i got it when i was eight backin 2000, when it came out. I found that the battle system with the elements and crap, was really pointless, and boring. I also stopped playing it when i kept getting more and more characters.. The saying "the more the merrier" wasn't exactly true when i was playing it. I started it like 5 months ago, but then realized i had Chrono Trigger, so i played that, got to lavos, and for some reason, i want to play them both now. But i still think the fun factor in chrono trigger is a lot better.

Trumpet Thief
03-23-2006, 01:26 AM
chaos: A great game, and the soundtrack was absolutely fantastic!

Trowa: Agreed.