PDA

View Full Version : Vegnagun was Easy, Huh?!

Human Devil
03-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I think he was too easy for a last boss :mad2:

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-12-2006, 02:02 PM
For me, it's too easy, I had my characters on level 99, I used Dark Knight, Magic Gunner and Berserker Dressphere to beat him this game.

Venom
03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I think the whole damn game was easy.

Human Devil
03-12-2006, 03:36 PM
yea it was really except Paragon

Mirage
03-12-2006, 03:39 PM
The only challenge is in Via Infinito. I beat vegnagun at level 23.

IceAngel
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
yea i thought it woz toooooo easy. level 23..... i mite try to be level 20! :)

McLovin'
03-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I beat him. Beat that.

DeathKnight
03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I beat Sephiroth with Lvl.43.

Most RPGs=easy

Now, you talk to me 'bout Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne:D

Rikkugrl12
03-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Atually Vegnagun int the final Boss thats why he was easy.Shuyin was the last and Final Boss thats why he was last. Duuuuuuuuuh!!!!! you might want to pay attention to the game.

Yuna_wannabe
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
yea...easy...i had to try 3 times to beat him...:laughing:

Human Devil
03-13-2006, 12:01 AM
But they were ALL EASY RikkuGrl12. :eep:
Took me my 1st try.

DMKA
03-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Nothing was exceptionally challenging in the game aside of Angra Maniyu (sp?) and a few of the bosses in Via Infinito (no, using catnip + gunner doesn't count).

Vegnagun and Shuyin were the easiest bosses in the game and it made me sad. I mean they were insultingly easy.

boys from the dwarf
03-13-2006, 07:56 AM
via infinito did have tricky parts if you didnt level up properly but the rest of the game was stupidly easy.

Dreddz
03-13-2006, 08:44 AM
All story bosses were easy. The real challenges were in Via Infinito.

kikimm
03-15-2006, 04:42 AM
I didn't really care that the bosses were easy. I like `em that way. ;)

boys from the dwarf
03-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Atually Vegnagun int the final Boss thats why he was easy.Shuyin was the last and Final Boss thats why he was last. Duuuuuuuuuh!!!!! you might want to pay attention to the game.
shuyin was so easy that most of us dont even call him a boss.

DeathKnight
03-15-2006, 07:03 PM
shuyin was so easy that most of us dont even call him a boss.

That's funny 'cause that's the same way I feel 'bout sephiroth:laugh: . I mean the first thingy you fight is way harder than him.

DMKA
03-18-2006, 10:02 AM
That's funny 'cause that's the same way I feel 'bout sephiroth:laugh: . I mean the first thingy you fight is way harder than him.
Atleast Sephiroth has some sort of a chance of killing one or two of your people, as does the final boss of every other FF. It's not possible to die on Shuyin unless you do it intentionally, and no final boss should be that easy.

I mean I loved the game but it's truly remarkable how easy the final bosses were. I still sit in awe when I think about it.

Markus. D
03-18-2006, 10:44 AM
what about Yu-Yevon... he was even slacker then Shuyin.

Dell
03-19-2006, 09:44 AM
is it really easy? I haven't fought him yet, I'm still in chapter 5 doing sidequest. How many HP does he have? I currently at level 36, should I do fine on him?

I have master Black Mage and White Mage. I'm 20% away from mastering Gunner, Warrior, Dark Knight and Thief.
I give dressphere to:
Yuna dressphere: White Mage, Gunner, Strongstress, Lady Luck
Rikku dressphere: Black Mage, Thief, Berserker, Alchemist
Paine dressphere: Warrior, Dark Knight, Gun Mage, Trainer

I haven't got Mascot Single, cause most of the places in my data, have it episode concluded. anyway, should I do fine on him?
FFX-2 is easy on his sidequest not like the others.

Yu Yevon isn't a villain, he is sub-villain

Final Fantasy 7 have a sidequest boss, Ruby and Emerald
Final Fantasy 8 have Omega, Ultimecia was damn hard too
Final Fantasy 9 have Ozma and Hades
Final Fantasy 10 have Nemesis and Dark Aeons.

Final Fantasy X-2 don't have any hard sidequest boss.

I will play it again to get all episode completed. that concluded episode were my first data and I don't know much either.

Yuna_wannabe
03-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Y does Sephiroth come up in every forum lately!?!?!?!

Venom
03-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Y does Sephiroth come up in every forum lately!?!?!?!

We've ran out of topics for the X-2 forum.:(

DMKA
03-19-2006, 07:53 PM
what about Yu-Yevon... he was even slacker then Shuyin.
Yes, but it was supposed to be that way. That was one of those fights, like final Sephiroth where you have only Cloud in FFVII, that the game makes it impossible to die on. Those fights are just there for story purposes. Vegnagun and Shuyin are actually possible to die on, and aren't those kind of bosses...but they're so astoundingly easy that the only way you can lose is on purpose.

is it really easy? I haven't fought him yet, I'm still in chapter 5 doing sidequest. How many HP does he have? I currently at level 36, should I do fine on him?

I have master Black Mage and White Mage. I'm 20% away from mastering Gunner, Warrior, Dark Knight and Thief.
I give dressphere to:

I haven't got Mascot Single, cause most of the places in my data, have it episode concluded. anyway, should I do fine on him?
The lowest level I ever fought him at was lv. 73, so I really don't know. I'm tempted to try to get to him and fight him below lv. 10 to see if he's even remotely challenging then (seriously, he's that easy).

Markus. D
03-20-2006, 08:34 AM
A true Challenge is Trema and Paragon.

Kalinda
03-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah... it does kinda suck how Vegangun was easy, given that they spent so much time telling us how super amazing it is and how it's such a terrible weapon. It should have, definately, been harder. Shuyin's easiness doesn't bug me so much.

Though, the easiness and hardness of RPG bosses depends on your own personal level up-age. I tend to neglect leveling up too much, I find it gets terribly boring after a while. So then I usually get to the end or to a point where it gets too hard and then I have to go and spend 3 hrs leveling up. That's what happened when I played FF6. Several times, actually.. tehe ^_^;;

I think it's a matter of balance - bosses should be challenging, yes.. but not so much that it makes them impossible. I tend to get really annoyed if I keep getting killed. But it's all down to what level I am.

And the Bevelle dungeon was a major pain >> I'm replaying the game, starting anew, and I don't plan on doing it again. That boss in the Bikanel Desert wasn't so bad, though. But I don't think I did that till I was lvl 99 after beating Trema. I can't recall. The Den of Woe gave me trouble, too, the first time I played. This time I plan to be level 60+ before I venture in there.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-26-2006, 01:18 AM
The lowest level I ever fought him at was lv. 73, so I really don't know. I'm tempted to try to get to him and fight him below lv. 10 to see if he's even remotely challenging then (seriously, he's that easy).
Wait...you fought Vegnagun at level 73 and you expected a challenge? I can think of very few bosses in the series that are still challenging at such a ridiculous level.

Markus. D
03-26-2006, 05:48 AM

I give dressphere to:

Yu Yevon isn't a villain, he is sub-villain

Final Fantasy 7 have a sidequest boss, Ruby and Emerald
Final Fantasy 8 have Omega, Ultimecia was damn hard too
Final Fantasy 9 have Ozma and Hades
Final Fantasy 10 have Nemesis and Dark Aeons.

Final Fantasy X-2 don't have any hard sidequest boss.

I will play it again to get all episode completed. that concluded episode were my first data and I don't know much either.

you say he isnt a villian.

were you keeping up with the storyline?

He is the one who came up with sin in the first place, as an armour, he is definetly the main villian.

xtreme112
03-26-2006, 07:25 AM
That game was extremely easy. thats all there is to it
I didnt think shuyin was hard, he just took a while coz his attacks left my characters close to dead occasionally. But he was harder than vegnagun, that was a bludge!

FallenAngel411
03-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Wait...you fought Vegnagun at level 73 and you expected a challenge? I can think of very few bosses in the series that are still challenging at such a ridiculous level.

I can think of very few games in the series that make it so easy to reach such a "ridiculous" level.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-26-2006, 08:17 AM
It's much easier to level up in FFVI than it is in FFX-2. FFVIII makes it pretty easy as well.

Setzer Gabianni
03-26-2006, 01:50 PM
It's much easier to level up in FFVI than it is in FFX-2. FFVIII makes it pretty easy as well.

Man, you're joking me right? When I first battled Kefka, I was at level 10 - took a long time to level up =x

~Setzer Gabianni

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-26-2006, 02:03 PM
ic

Mirage
03-26-2006, 02:14 PM
But levels aren't important at all in FF8. Beating the final boss is a breeze even at level 10. Levels aren't all that important in FFX-2 either. It depends heavily on the abilities you have at hand too. Vegnagun wasn't a problem at level 25.

Tavrobel
03-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I didn't really care that the bosses were easy. I like `em that way. ;)

I agree. It's especially riveting when you don't need to have your controller plugged in to beat the game. You automatically go into Godmode when you have an Alchemist.

No, it isn't. FFVIII's system was slightly more difficult than X-2's, at least.

A true Challenge is Trema and Paragon.

Doing random damages above 9999 that are guaranteed to kill you isn't exactly a challenge. It's called cheap. Especially in a game where the secret bosses have as much HP and attack damage as in FFX, but you can either only have one of these active at the start of the fight:

a) Break HP Limit

OR

b) Break Damage Limit

It's also significantly harder if you don't have a controller plugged in.

Del Murder
03-26-2006, 06:04 PM
What does having a controller plugged in have to do with anything? Are you trying to make a joke? If so, stop it.

DMKA
03-27-2006, 12:51 PM
I didn't try to get to that level...I was just breezing through and that's what level I happened to be. You level up rediculously easy and quick, which just adds to how pathetically easy the final bosses are. But like I said, I don't think Vegnagun and Shuyin would even be challenging at level 10.

Oh, and all the final bosses in the series still require me to atleast look at the screen to beat them, even at the highest level. Shuyin just required me to hold down the x button on my controller for about 30 seconds. Level 73 is hardly rediculous, and if it is, it's the game's fault yet again for making you level up so easily and quick.

(And no, it's not even half as easy and quick to level up in VI as it is in X-2)

Human Devil
04-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Wow I didnt think that a simple topic like this would turn into a somewhat BIG conversation. Its kinda funny.:laugh:

teaandmachines
04-06-2006, 02:42 AM
I think he was too easy for a last boss :mad2:
Of course.
It's FFX-2.

Cruise Control
04-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Instead, try killing the orbs its fun.

tenhitcombo
04-06-2006, 08:09 AM
final fantasy x2 was the most simpilist final fantasy yet

Leen-Leen
04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Vegnagun and Shuyin were a joke compared to Via Infinito xP

DudeSon2004
04-19-2006, 03:05 AM
Yep, I had trouble with Via Infinito before.
I managed to get through it of course & it felt good because it got me the 1% I needed for 100%.

gold chocobo
04-19-2006, 11:33 AM
I hate to admit it but any fiend is more dificult and gives more fight than the entire vegnawweeeeaaaaakkkkyyyyyyyyy!!! yeah! vegnagun is the shame of FF-X2!!!

Crop
04-19-2006, 11:37 AM

lol! FFX-2 fangirl???

Everything was easy in FFX-2

Markus. D
04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Disgaea Comes to mind ;)

I think I powerleveled some of my characters up to level 9999 in about an hour.

oooooh, I didnt see that there was a second page...

oh well.

Yliette
04-26-2006, 06:26 AM
For a Machina that was said to be able to obliterate the entire Spira, Vegnagun turned out to be one insulting joke.

All the bosses in FFX-2 we're too effortlessly easy. Except of course Via Infinito. That humongous red dragon that leaps out occasionally gives me the chills. :tonberry:

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
04-26-2006, 07:08 AM
The only thing I don't like about FF X-2 is it's too easy.
Compared to other previous FFs this is the most "unchanllenging" one =.=
The final boss was easy...
You can take him out easily by using 3 gunners or 3 dark knights.
If you're really at a high level (Above 75) you don't even need to heal ^^"

To me, Angra Mainyu seems to be more worthy to be final boss instead of that weak Vegnagun...
Totally spoiled the game -.-

YTDN
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
The could have made Vegnagun and Shuyin like Braska's Final Aeon- You have to try 7 seven to 20 times to beat the first one and then you beat them and are faced with a pansy boss.

tenhitcombo
04-26-2006, 05:46 PM
yes this game was easy ok?[!]ok anyone seen seifer on kh2?a beanie?wtf!???how sad.......the baddest of the bad wearing a benie???wtf???[/!]

Stop going off topic.

~Void

goku
04-26-2006, 06:15 PM
idiot this is vegnagun have you seen him if he was real you try kill him hey no didnt think ya could so sh i think vegna gun is tryuly one of the most amazing last bosses the last boss on 10 is what you call a joke a lil purple octapus i mean come on i killed it 2 shots near enough it was terrable and killing the aeons was stupid:tonberry:

We do not call people idiots on this forum. Don't do it.

~Void

Leen-Leen
05-13-2006, 06:21 PM
For a Machina that was said to be able to obliterate the entire Spira, Vegnagun turned out to be one insulting joke.

All the bosses in FFX-2 we're too effortlessly easy. Except of course Via Infinito. That humongous red dragon that leaps out occasionally gives me the chills. :tonberry:

oh yeah, i know what you're saying! that red dragon is pretty hard to beat ... what's its name again? I forgot ...

Nick Schovitz
05-13-2006, 06:28 PM
The random monsters, now that was hard, beat Vegnagun and Shuyin on my first try, now Via Infinito is undefeatabkle, made it to the last one with that dark element and wiped me out withn ultima, even though I had shell on and it did 99,999 damage to all of us.

Yliette
05-27-2006, 03:52 AM
IMO the most challenging boss to defeat is Azi Dahaka. One slash can inflict 4000+ damage and it has a "Drain" effect.

I bet he's not challenging. He's impossible to defeat!

Masamunemaster
05-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I figured I would be boring and list all of the FINAL bosses that I can remember and rate them1-10(1 being easiest)

FFI-Chaos 4
FFII-the white version of chaos(I think) 6
FFVII-Sephiroth(1-on-1) 3
FFVIII-Greiver 7
FFIX-Chaos 9
FFX-2-shuyin -1

and is it just me or was the IX chaos the closest from destroying everything

demon_werewolf
05-29-2006, 09:28 PM
um ah um what you talking about and what games or his bosses from other then the ff games...okay i no Septhiroth and Shuyin?

Eiko Guy
05-30-2006, 06:08 AM
in IX it was necron and he was closest to actually destroying everything

obsessed_wif_yuna
05-30-2006, 08:35 AM
the game was easy to pass... the hard bit was getting the percentage points...so now im playing it with a walkthrough

demon_werewolf
05-30-2006, 06:39 PM
sorry never played IX what's it like?

Nominus Experse
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Vegangun was easy. Very, very easy. One would think that after spending so much time talking about how 'terrible' Vegnagun is, Square would have given him at least a little bit of challenge. However, that didn't happen, as many people have noticed.

Truly, it seems like the only challenges that come from RPGs these days are from their respective 'secret' dungeons. In X-2, the Via Infinito. Trema and Paragon were, well, tough. Trema takes forever, and a battle system that X-2 uses, a small mistake of time can stack up in those long boss battles.

And, on another note, it did seem that you were able to level up very, very quickly in X-2. I reached level 50 far too quickly in my opinion, and, obviously, having too high of a level saps the fun and challenge factor from the game.

feona17
06-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Shuyin was slightly harder then Vegnagun, but still easy all the same. I'm almost tempted to let Vegnagun win to see the bad ending.. :rolleyes2

Strawberry_Mew
06-29-2006, 06:52 AM
I have to agree way to easy my ppl was lv 99 it was 2 easy