PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Fantasy VIII Couple?

xXthedarkestlightXx
03-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Just out of curiousity..the "traditional" couples are usually Squall/Rinoa, Selphie/Irvine and Seifer/Quistis...but I really can't see Seifer and Quistis together. I just can't.

Meanwhile, Rinoa still annoys me...I don't understand how Squall's able to deal with her...

Poor Zell...no love interest...err...except the pigtail girl.

And I like Selphie and Irvine, but I like Selphie with any of the main FFVIII characters. (shrug)

wingHEART
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Squall&Rinoa, for sure. Although Squall+Selphie could be interesting...:) i also like Quistis&Seifer.

McLovin'
03-12-2006, 07:45 PM
You're right the couples are screwed up.

Selphie and Rinoa should be together.
Then Quistis and Edea would get along just fine.

Lychon
03-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Wasn't Xu with anyone?

-LYCHON

rubah
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
I'll stick to squinoa, kthx.

Qurange
03-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Quistis and Xu should definitely be together. That's my favorite out of any of them, to be honest, because it actually works.

(Nine times out of ten, I can't see Quistis and Seifer.) But yeah, Squall and Rinoa should stay as they are.

Jsb01
03-12-2006, 10:05 PM

Not to mention Squall and Irvine. That would work just great.

IceAngel
03-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Your all forgetting about Zell!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-13-2006, 12:32 AM

Not to mention Squall and Irvine. That would work just great.

here we go, the traditional dumbass posts

Jsb01
03-13-2006, 12:39 AM
I was serious...

Shiny
03-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Your all forgetting about Zell!
What Zell and library girl? Y'all forgot about Laguna and Raine.

Death Penalty
03-13-2006, 12:42 AM
I still like the idea of Zell and Selphie.

Jsb01
03-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Am I the only one who feels like Shiva and Ifrit have something. Although they are apposing elements they seem like they would look good together.

xXthedarkestlightXx
03-13-2006, 03:16 AM
I agree with Death Penalty. Zell and Selphie would be cute together. But like I said earlier, I can really just see Selphie with anybody.

Xu and Quistis? I can see Xu with Nida....I mean, no offense to these characters but they're kind of the nobody people/forgotten characters...which really sucks, because I like Xu.

And also, Laguna and Raine is sort of a given...aside from Laguna and Julia. Which is weird...I can't imagine Julia with General Caraway.

Moon Rabbits
03-13-2006, 07:49 PM
My favourites are:

1. Quistis, by herself, because she is the best character and is number one at everything...even relationships even though she isnt in one.
2. Edea + Cid
3. Laguna + Julia
4. Squall + Rinoa

Saiya Leonhart
03-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Squall and Rinoa is definately my fave, followed by Irvine and Selphie. Seifer and Quistis is a bit weird, but i've read some really good fanfics with that pairing. Laguna and Raine are good together and besides, it would be really weird to have a Laguna and Julia pairing since Laguna is Squalls father and Julia is Rinoa's mother...

Kamrusepas
03-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Seifer and Squall, of course.

Ramza Beoulve
03-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Yaoi fans...

Laguna and Raine is my favorite

Shiny
03-14-2006, 01:18 AM
Yaoi fans...

Laguna and Raine is my favorite
Mine too! I hate the Seifer and Squall pairing mainly because I hate Seifer and Squall, haha. But I'll take Laguna and Raine anyday.

EDIT: I almost put Laguna and Rinoa...that would be a weird pairing.:barf:

Death Penalty
03-14-2006, 02:22 AM
I have seen Laguna Quistis

xXthedarkestlightXx
03-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I think Seifer would kill Squall if they became romantically involved...

or the other way around...

Laugh at face of Danger
03-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Zell & Rinoa would be cute, but i still think the good old plot of Squall & Seifer Rinoa is the best

Kamrusepas
03-14-2006, 12:40 PM
LagunaxQuistis scarily makes sense, imo.

boys from the dwarf
03-14-2006, 02:40 PM
sqall+rinoa=:)

irvine+selphie=:)

zell+library girl=:)

laguna+quistis=???.i suppose quistis would balance out lagunas stupidity(dont mistake me for a laguna hater but laguna i spretty dumb).

McLovin'
03-14-2006, 03:39 PM
You spelled 'is pretty' wrong smart one. :D

The Last Oath
03-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey what about Squall and quistis, they would be good together if only Squall would see her better side. Im sure Quistis wouldnt mind being with Squall.

Seifer+Edea???

xXthedarkestlightXx
03-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Hmm...I dunno if Seifer and Edea would really work, since Edea and Cid are married, but she could always have an affair...

Honestly, I really can't see Seifer with an older woman or a mature woman...I can see him more with an upbeat kind of girl.

Shaun
03-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Rinoa should have fell off Balamb Garden when it was flying and splattered on that rotary thing that circles around the Garden. Hehe.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Odine and the young Ellone

Qurange
03-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't know, though. Admittedly, I find Laguna/Quistis a bit creepy. The man's more than twice her age, and it's Squall's father. Besides, there's not enough love for Laguna and Raine.

I think Seifer would have to be with /someone/ mature, at least if he wanted anything vaguely meaningful--post-game, that is. He has himself to sort out first, though. (And I like to think of a strictly platonic posse.)

Squall/Quistis is probably my least favorite pairing. It represents a regression for Quistis, for one--sure, they wouldn't mind it, at least at first. They're very alike, and all. But Quistis wouldn't be growing at /all/ as a person; she'd be stuck there as a teenager, and it doesn't quite fit.

I am fond of Squall and Rinoa being together (though if you tell me that Zell secretly likes Squall, I won't argue with you), and I can't say whether Irvine and Selphie will last far beyond the game's ending.

As for Seifer/Quistis...I've seen it written well? But come on. Quistis is clearly a closeted lesbian.

(Kidding. Well, almost.)

Eiko Guy
03-15-2006, 06:26 PM
who is xu

Qurange
03-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Xu is pretty much Cid's assistant--she's the SeeD who explains the mission to you at the field exam, and the one who holds things together during the missile crisis, before they know about the missiles. She's also pretty much indicated to be a close friend of Quistis's, in-game.

There's a picture of her face in my avatar.

EDIT: And hmmmm. Now that I think of it, has anyone else seen Quistis/Irvine? That one can be worked out, too.

xXthedarkestlightXx
03-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Quistis/Irvine? Hm...I can sort of see where that's coming from. Irvine could get Quisty to loosen up a bit more while Quistis can get Irvine not to be...so loose. :tongue: But I think Quistis would eventually get fed up with his flirtatious personality or Irvine would get annoyed of Quistis...but maybe it could work.

Seifer to me will always just be a bad boy/floater. He's flirtatious in his own ways. (Like to Selphie at the end of disc 2..)

And as for Squall/Quistis...Squall doesn't seem to like Quistis very much.

FFVIII Fan
03-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Squall & Rinoa, unoriginal i know but cool :tongue:

Yuffie514
03-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Rinoa and Squall, followed closely by Selphie and Irvine. i think Edea should leave Headmaster Cid :tongue: .

xXthedarkestlightXx
04-02-2006, 06:51 PM
I really can't see Quistis with anyone...she seems like she'd be a bit too dominating and she doesn't exactly seem like the romantic type. (no offense to Quistis fans)

Qurange
04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Hmmm. I do think that that's fair--but that's part of why I think about her the way I do. She seems distant, sure--but the dialogue hints that she'd /like/ to be the romantic type, she's just not (as we saw with Squall) particularly /good/ at it--kind of a classic prodigy trying to relate to her peers thing. (And a certain other complication.)

Shiny
04-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I have seen Laguna Quistis
I've seen worse. Squall and Laguna. Ewww incest!

Kamrusepas
04-04-2006, 04:49 AM
Yaoi fans...

Like I was the first one to mention same sex pairings :rolleyes:

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 04:53 AM
Laguna-witten and Raine-witten :love: :cat:

Ballistix Man
04-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Zell and Selphie
or even better
Quistis and Selphie

xXthedarkestlightXx
04-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Quistis and Selphie? O_o where did THAT come from?

I think Zell/Selphie would be cute.

Druggelz
04-06-2006, 09:35 AM
didn't anyone ever think off Zell and Quistis? I don't know but to me, it makes sense.
Irvine and Selphie would be together as well, but I don't think that relationship will last for long.....or maybe for ever, love is a mysterious thing ya know :-)

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-07-2006, 05:14 AM
I was wondering has there ever been a OC/Quistis pairing? I've seen a few Squall/OC pairings but...I've never seen Quistis OC pairing.

Xiedo
04-07-2006, 09:38 AM
I imagine if Quistis let her hair down and wore biker shorts instead of a long skirt she'd be giving Rinoa some competition. They'd probably look like twins except for the hair color.

xXthedarkestlightXx
04-07-2006, 10:30 PM
That's a really good point...I never thought about that.

But can anyone explain to me the Seifer/Quistis concept? I really can't see it. My favorite couple: Seifer x Me. :kiss: lol jk. :D

Qurange
04-08-2006, 04:24 AM
The thing about Zell and Quistis is that they'd have to overcome the power differential--right now, Zell still calls Quistis 'Instructor'--they aren't on the same level, really, though that could change. I prefer them as friends.

With Seifer and Quistis, people usually take the angle that they're both outsiders--Quistis is being pushed out, and Seifer, now that he's free, isn't really /evil/, he's just Seifer. There's a lot of arguing, but 'opposites attract', according to the theory. I don't usually like it, but it can actually work.

Fantasy Fan
04-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Just out of curiousity..the "traditional" couples are usually Squall/Rinoa, Selphie/Irvine and Seifer/Quistis...but I really can't see Seifer and Quistis together. I just can't.

Meanwhile, Rinoa still annoys me...I don't understand how Squall's able to deal with her...

Poor Zell...no love interest...err...except the pigtail girl.

And I like Selphie and Irvine, but I like Selphie with any of the main FFVIII characters. (shrug)
hmm, that's gonna be hard. Oh wait, Squall and Rinoa. :| but I liked Selphie n Irvine.

purplepenguin
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
SeiferxZell forever and ever and ever!!!!
(Best story potential I think)

No Squall and Laguna fans then?

zell_and_squall_have_***
08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm a Squall x Laguna fan! Lol I know it's weird, but I don't think Squall would ever see Laguna as a father, because he's never been there for all the times Matron was there, so if anything, she's more of a Dad.

As for a fave couple for FF8, there are only yaoi and yuri ones I can read. I cant seem to stomach FF8 het right now. ^^; My faves are Zell x Squall (obviously), Zell x Irvine, Selphie x Quistis, I don't really like Seifer all that much though so he isn't in there, sorry! :)

psychic_river
08-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Squall - Rinoa. I can't see Squall with anyone else, except for Seifer in a completely different context.
Selphie - Irvine. Irvine and not Zell, because I thought Selphie and Irvine had better chemistry. Zell and Squall seemed more like big brothers to Selphie. Plus in the ending video Selphie is wearing a cowgirl hat, which matches well with Irvine's cowboy outfit.
Zell - random school girl.
Quistis - Seifer. Quistis is serious, quiet, strong, and smart. Seifer is loud, sort of obnoxious, and impulsive. It never could have worked between Squall and Quistis, and Seifer and Quistis just look good together.
Raijin - Fujin
Edea - Cid. I could be mistaken, but wasn't Cid with Edea in the ending footage?

daggertrepe
08-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Quifer, Squinoa. All the rest I could care less.

But Zell and Zell sounds VERY promising. ;)

~SapphireStar~
08-27-2006, 10:36 AM
I always wanted Selphie and Zell to pair up. Mainly because they look like me and my ex, but because they are bubbly and hyper, they just look so better suited for each other. So Quistis and Irvine are better suited cause they act older then the others.

The Crystal
08-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Rinoa/Ultimecia, Edea/Ultimecia, Quistis/Ultimecia, Selphie/Ultimecia, Xu/Ultimecia, Fujin/Ultimecia.
Hell, Ultimecia is the main villain of the game, and is very HOT, but no one write any lemon fanfic with her! This is so annoying!

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Any non-consensual coupling with a Malboro has my vote.

Go powerful women
08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
1. Squall and Rinoa
2. Laguna and Raine
3. Selphie and Irvine
4. Zell and Xu (just say it.)
5. (calm) Seifer and Quistis

Let's face it. Square loves the opposites attract theory.
Squall=Closed, keeps to himself and quiet.
Rinoa=Loud, obnoxious (in a good way), and open.
The whole theory of Yin and Yang work beautifully in the FF couples. Even the other games have the same thing.

Heero Yuy NWZC
08-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Hmm, I've been gone for quite some time from the forums outside the RPs. I go with Squall and Rinoa, of course. The falling in love seems cliche, but I like the idea.

xXxRinoa HeartillyxXx
08-31-2006, 01:13 AM
I'll make a list...a one froma blonde! WARNING: MAY SOUND CONFUSING!! I have a piccy in my profile thingy!!

Squall - With Rinoa, o' course!

Quistis: Seifer. Opposites attract. He's loud, obnoxous, and...funny! Quisis is serious, mature, and...Quistis!
He could teach Quistis to loosen up and have more fun and she can keep Seifer out of trouble. [I am a makor Seiftis fan!! XD]

Raijin - Fujin. Don't know what you think!

Edea - Cid; they're married of course!!

Zell - Selphie. Irvine and Selphie most likey won't wok out. Irvine would probly cheat on Selphie or maybe the other way around!!

Irvine - Garden ladies! Oh yeah..:cool:

Laguna - RAINE!! That would be sick if he had Rinoa with Julia cause Laguna had Squall with Raine. Ew, if that happened, Squall and Rinoa would have to break up.
I've seen Lagulia fans!! [Don't laugh at the name I just made up!!}

It feels like I'm missing someone...cept Xu

BardTard
08-31-2006, 04:15 AM
How I think they should be:

Irvine+Rinoa
She seems really boycrazy to me and like she'd put out for any guy who'd date her, and that would work out just dandy for Irvine's crazy hormones!

Selphie+Laguna
Selphie likes him. And he's a nice guy. With pretty hair and a gun. I think they'd be really cute together. Even if Laguna is kind of old for her.

Squall+Quistis
I would have said Squall+Zell but that definitely would not work out cus he's so whiny and when they break up he'd go cry to his mommy. Squall+Quistis=hott!!! She's not as needy and demanding as Rinoa so he doesn't have to save her all the time.

Seifer+Zell
this one is a joke but I think it would be funny. lol
Zell: "Aww man, they're all out of hot dogs again."
Seifer: "That's okay, you can have MY hot dog." :lol:

xXxRinoa HeartillyxXx
08-31-2006, 04:46 AM
Seifer+Zell
Zell: "Aww man, they're all out of hot dogs again."
Seifer: "That's okay, you can have MY hot dog." :lol:

Eeek!!! Quistis should say that instead!! But that was funny...

EDIT:

Seifer+Zell
Quistis: "Aww man, they're all out of hot dogs again."
Seifer: "That's okay, you can have MY hot dog."
Zell: *Thinks* Damn it! Seifer's not gay and why I did I have to a hot dog today?!

Skyblade
08-31-2006, 05:01 AM
Rinoa and Squall.

4evarisha
08-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Seifer = Quistis

Squall = Rinoa

Zell = Sephie

King-Killer
08-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Is it just me?
Or does Julia&Caraway looks a lot like Squall
While Laguna&Raine looks a lot like Rinoa.
??:confused: :eek:
:p :D :cool: :lol:

Maybe they got mixed up in the adoption agencie...:eep:

Rocket Edge
08-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Squall & Rinoa for sure.

aquatius
09-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Zell and Irvine would go well together.