PDA

View Full Version : islands closest to heaven and hell

scumhorror
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I’m playing this game for the first time and I am just under half way through…some one told my that the islands closest to heaven and hell are great places to get some experience and also draw points how ever when I went to the island closest to hell, I couldn’t get on the island…is there a trick to getting on it or am I just over looking the obvious

Thanks
b

tailz
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
i bet you dont have the ragnarock yet you cant get on it with the garden

McLovin'
03-12-2006, 08:05 PM
It very difficult. The first time you step on it you will die.

We all know it's true.

rubah
03-12-2006, 08:10 PM
You won't with encounter-none 8)

FiragaBreak
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Both islands holster enemies at lv. 100. T-Rexuar, Marbralo, Chimera, Tri-face, Ochu, Greindel. Lv. Down will work at some times but no all the times. But if you encounter a Marbralo or Chimera run quickly. Cause if Bad Breath or Aqua Breath hits you, GAME OVER!

McLovin'
03-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Marlboros are unfair. They kill me everytime.

rubah
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
That's why you get doomtrain and cerberus junctioned with berserk, confuse, and your choice between bio, esuna, aura, and probably something else I've forgotten since then xD

TheSpoonyBard
03-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Give Quistis Initiative, lower her HP, and use Degenerator at the beginning of every battle. Problems solved.

To protect yourself from Bad Breath, junction Pain, Berserk, Confuse and Sleep to your ST-Def.

*~Angel Wing~*
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
If you have the Ragnarok, just get out like you usually do. Make sure you're near the ground or it won't let you out. I don't think you have to do anything special before to go on the island, but I don't know cuz I went to them later on in the game. But everyone else is right, they are hard. ONLY if you're not on a good level though. I find the Island Closest to Heaven is easier, but the hell island has better items to get from the ememies, BUT WATCH OUT FOR MARBOROS!!! They're on BOTH islands. Oh and the draw points are invisable. They have really good spells like Meteor, Ultima, Aura ect, so just run around the coastline of the whole island and keep clicking. Good luck!!! :)

scumhorror
03-13-2006, 03:51 AM
My situation with ff8 is this… I was in the middle of the battle between the two gardens and I kept getting my ass handed to me on the first major boss so I decided to go back to an old save slot and try to build up my levels on the two islands…reading your posts makes me think it was a bad idea though…well at least while I am still on the 2nd disc

Thanks for the input
b

Where is the Ragnarok is it available on the 2nd disc? or do i have to wait for a later disc

TheSpoonyBard
03-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Increasing your level won't actually make things any easier, since the enemies level up as your characters do. Try drawing/refining some better magic to improve your junctions.

You won't get the Ragnarok till you're over halfway through disc 3.

Laugh at face of Danger
03-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Defeat Marlboro
4xStaf Def Junction:
Pain (Poison, Darkness and Break, i think...?)
Confuse
Berserk
Sleep

All x100 and have that person with treatment abilitiy, then heal everyone with treatment, simple, eh? Just the extraordinary amounts of HP will get ya, summon Ifrit or Cerberus then cast triple firaga (using expend 3-1) then you're well on your way!

Oh yeah, Chimera's aren't so bad, let Rinoa loose with angel wing (take off all the crappt stuff like elemntals and leave her with meteor and Curaga) and then all enemies are rendered useless, but you don't have that yet, right?

So umm, yeah! I didn't know you could get to them via the Garden, it might be a little advanced for you though, so save the instant you step there!

CStrife
03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Marlboros are unfair. They kill me everytime.
i killed some marlboros.... with odin, of course!!!:p

dante the demon prince
03-20-2006, 11:04 PM
do not go it is hard as heck to beat heck you cant beat the islands but still do not go

Zeromus_X
03-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Low health Quistis+Initiative+Degenerator is really the most effective way of leveling up there. It's up to you whether you want to ruin leveling up or not though:p I personally thought it was hilarious :cat:

It also felt good to finally sneak attack a Marlboro..:cat:

dante the demon prince
04-03-2006, 10:04 PM
i hate those two islands especialy the island closest to hell

Evolavas
04-05-2006, 10:06 PM
I would reccomend at LEAST lvl 60 before trying to train there..

DudeSon2004
04-05-2006, 11:00 PM
It's always nice to sneak attack a Malboro.

Levian
04-05-2006, 11:31 PM

Actually, being level 1 is probably better. I don't know if the monsters there level up with you or what, but that's the case for the rest of the game anyways.

Evolavas
04-06-2006, 01:59 AM

Actually, being level 1 is probably better. I don't know if the monsters there level up with you or what, but that's the case for the rest of the game anyways.

Actually they're lvl 100 no matter what your lvl is.

It's the one exception to the lvling thing.

-=OnlyFinishedVIII=-
04-06-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah, Marboros are definitely not fair with all the disadvantage attacks...
Hmm, I seem to remember eating monsters in this game, haven't played in years though, I think that eating technique helps a bit...damn I can't remember anything about a game I loved, I'll have to play it again some time.

I also *think* this is where you get the materials for clouds Lion Heart weapon zingy(Thingy for a russian)

Vivisteiner
04-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Low health Quistis+Initiative+Degenerator is really the most effective way of leveling up there. It's up to you whether you want to ruin leveling up or not though:p I personally thought it was hilarious :cat:

It also felt good to finally sneak attack a Marlboro..:cat:
exactly, and like ET and you said it can kill malboro immediatley, no problem.

crazybayman
04-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't level. Just draw all the magic you can store, learn the right abilities, and boost your stats by junctioning. You can be at level 20, and if you have the right abilities learned (look to gain AP, not EXP), you can own anything.

Deathwake
04-09-2006, 12:51 AM
When on island closest to hell ( i prefer hell)
Get lionheart,ergheiz (i always have irvine in my party:P)get exeter
then get zell's duel and kick all the monsters back to hell
or you just cheat with quistis :P
and marlboro' are easy
when you get bad breath just get that acid attack on you characters and simply run away it always succeeds when i am doing it so :D

Dipe
04-11-2006, 03:43 AM
The trick in Island Closest to Hell/Heaven, if you are at a low level is to first get odin, go to one of the islands, and go into random battles, when you enter one, always run from it, eventually odin will kill the enemy's giving you great exp points(and believe me, odin appears more casually than you think. Of course he appears randomly, so sometimes he can appear 2 times in a row, and others, not appear for a long time)

This is a great tip for low levels, I havent played in a long time, but if I remember one monster gives you always one level or more of exp. This is much more quicker than training with weak monsters ;).

Squall22
04-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey can someone show me where the island closest to heaven is....cant find it

Zeromus_X
04-18-2006, 06:56 AM
http://www.ffonline.com/ff8/world.htm

wtf am i in bat country ?
04-18-2006, 01:08 PM
im sorry , but i was lookin up some stuff about ff8 and ive played it years ago and ive just resently played it for old times sake, i here that there are alot of people havein problems with islans closer to hel/heaven, year there hard to begin with, but simple answer , train and get good at it, there is loads of ways to kill marlboro, but i have squall ( level 100) zell ( level 80) quistis (level 67) and i can kill them in 3 rezokokens and i dont even have the lion heart ! just learn how to kill them in diferent ways and ul find what suits u best! :)

rubah
04-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Drawcast demi works, or triplecasting it.

It's better to go to the islands at a low level, then use the amazing exp given out (lol t-rexaurs will net you almost an entire level) with stat increasing abilities to uberize your stats.

this is assuming that you use a simple way to kill the monsters quickly before they kill you.

ThePheonix
04-19-2006, 03:08 AM
I degenerated a hexadragon in my friend's game and quistis got 4 levels, everyone else got 3.

and myself I usually cast meltdown and have selphie tripple cast meteor, with expend 3-1, it's quite good, kills anything there fast.

scumhorror
04-20-2006, 05:42 AM
I naively started this thread when I was still on disc two…after some comments from you guys I was scared to go…I expected to die son ass I stepped foot on the ground but I was kicking ass and taking names…I’ve only been to heaven but so far with squall, rona, and selphie in my party using physical attacks junctioned with death…I killed most of the monsters with on hit exepting the morborl…

Kyros
04-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I never had too much trouble with those places (not saying the enemies weren't hard). Also don't forget to search the island for secret draw points cuz some of the best spells in the game are there ^^