PDA

View Full Version : Omega Weapon Guide

Human Devil
03-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Im sure you know Ulti's castle. Up the middle stairs go to the right and u'll c a bell when u go down find a rope in there to pull it (have that party be your weak one.) then switch party to the teleporter closet to the black smoke. When u ring it, u see a time limit switch then have ur strong party fight the big silver guy that looks like Ultima Weapon a little bit. Ooook have ur characters at about lvl99 not lvl100 becuse he'll use lvl5 death at the beginning. First meltdown him then if u have the gilgamesh u should turn him into 10 HolyWar trials or sumthin, ( it'll make ur party invincible for a certain amount of time.) then he'll use Miggido Flame which does 9,998 reguardless and then after he'll cast Gravija then maybe attack in between then use Terra Break which does about 4,000 or 5,000 a whole bunch of times to the party to prevent it either have max HP with Protect or have a GF protect u and have protect on always. Then after he'll attack then use Light Pillar which automatically does 9,999 to one target then Ultima is next then he'll just repeat, ughhhhh ok to beat simply just have Squall equipped with the Lion Heart and use Auras on him becuase his limitbreak does alot and u can kill Omega in about 3, 4, or 5 Lion hearts (might be 4) his HP MAY be about 2,000,000 so just keep trying. If this helps please respond. After all i beat him about 4 times plus its been a while since i played he was hard but once u get the pattern he'll be easy maybe for me that is. :rolleyes2

Jsb01
03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks I will try it.

Zeromus_X
03-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Here is another strategy from another forum...

About Omega..

The idea here is to beat Omega before he unleashes Terra Break (Terra Break should be his 5th or 6th turn) and without using Heroes/Holy Wars.

FYI, Terra Break is a really cheap move that sends some 10-20 star-like objects falling down on your party, each hitting one character for 4000 damage (regardless of defense) or 2000 if you have Protect on. The Defend command cuts physical damage to 0, and it does work on Terra Break. Without using Defend, you will probably only have 1 character alive after Terra Break when using Protect.. if you don't use Protect.. well.. you're dead. It's also possible to protect against it by summoning high HP GFs (the GFs will take the damage instead, and probably die too).

Preparation:

* 9999 HP on everyone
* 100 Triples junctioned to Spd (Speed) on everyone
* Spd+40% on everyone (you really need as much speed as possible)
* 255 Str on Squall and Zell (Zell most importantly)
* Battle speed set to the slowest
* 100 Death junctioned to status defense if level is divisble by 5 (like 100)
* Get as high Vit and Spr as possible with whatever magic you have left to junction. It's not completely useless, it will help against Meteor and his physical attack (if he does one at all).
* Put Cerberus on the character with the best compatibility with him (if needed you can boost the combatibility by using Dragon Fins on the character, one Dragon Fin will raise the character's compatiblity with Cerberus by 3)
* Put Initiative ability on the character with Cerberus (would probably have to be the 3rd party member besides Squall and Zell then, because that party member doesn't need 255 Str and therefore has more room for customization).

Strategy:

Use only limit breaks with Squall and Zell once you are set up with Haste and Aura. With Zell's limit, only use the 2 simplest moves, Booya and Punch Rush I think (they will repeat indefinitely). If you have 255 Str, each hit will do ~5000 damage to Omega, 9999 if critical, and since those 2 moves are so easy you can get in over 40 of them in one single Duel, hitting up towards ~250k per Duel in total. That's why Zell needs 255 Str more than Squall does. The 3rd party member should mainly be prepared to heal (only heal when explicity stated so) and refresh Aura when needed, but can attack in some way too if you like.

The battle:

1) Omega will start the battle with Lv5 Death, but it should miss everyone. Whoever has Cerberus, summon it ASAP! Have the next character with a turn cast Meltdown on Omega to cut his Vit to 0. The last characters should wait for Cerberus to finish, so they get Triple:d.

2) Once Cerberus has been summoned, cast Aura and Haste on everyone using Triple ASAP. From then on, Zell and Squall should only do limit breaks, especially Zell.

3) Omega's next turn should be Meteor (it's possible he throws in a physical hit in between Lv5 Death and Meteor though, happened when I fought him actually). Heal immediately after Meteor, preferably with the 3rd party member (that is, not Squall/Zell).

4) After Meteor, Omega's next turn will be Megiddo Flame. It will deal 9998 damage to everyone regardless of their current/max HP or defenses, so everyone should be left at 1 HP (if anyone died, you failed), so it's crucial that you heal after Meteor. Do NOT heal after Megiddo Flame. I repeat, do NOT heal after Megiddo Flame. Omega's next attack will be Gravija, a gravity attack, and it will deal 0 damage to everyone when you have only 1 HP. Plus, having 1 HP helps your limit breaks. Squall will be more likely to get more hits with Renzokuken, and Zell will get more time for his Duel. Heck, you don't even need Aura at 1 HP

5) From the moment Omega has used Megiddo Flame, just hit away with all you got. After Gravija, his next attack will be Terra Break, but if you played your cards right he will be dead before he uses it.

To sum things up...

* 9999 HP, 255 Str (on Squall/Zell) and as high Spd as possible.
* Summon Cerberus for Triple on everyone.
* Meltdown Omega and Aura/Haste everyone.
* Pound away with Renzokuken and Duel, heal ONLY after Meteor.

If you chicken out and get scared after Gravija, you could heal up and pray that you survive Terra Break (taking appropriate measures, like casting Protect, summoning GFs and/or using the Defend command), and try to finish him afterwards (provided you survive, you will likely have only 1 character at most alive after Terra Break unless you use Defend or summong high HP GFs in time). It certainly is possible. With high enough Spd, 255 Str and proper use of Duel, you will be able to kill him before Terra Break though.

Also, it's possible casting Triple manually rather than summoning Cerberus would be better, so do as you want there, but I think I rather summon Cerberus (with high compatibility of course).

EDIT: One final note.. you may want to practice Duel before fighting Omega, unless you've chained Booya and Punch Rush before that way (which is commonly called Armageddon Fist for some reason). Duel will be your main damage dealer, so you don't want to fail that part.

This is how I beat it. Not too hard. (I didn't junction all those things though..except Deaths. :choc2:

Ultima Shadow
03-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Terra Break is a really cheap moveIf you use Armageddon Fist, you have no right to call TERRA BREAK cheap. :greenie:

Anyways... god's destiny, your guide lacks some important information, not to mention that it's a bit missleading as Omega uses Ultima BEFORE Light Pillar, not after Light Pillar... and Omega's HP is 1,260,000.

I, personally, would recomend...

The Hitchhikers Guide to Beating Omega Weapon:

Omega's attack pattern:

1) Level 5 Death.
2) Meteor
3) Megiddo Flame
4) Gravija
5) Terra Break
6) Ultima
7) Light Pillar

And then the pattern repeats, except Level 5 Death which is only used that one and singel time in the very begining of the battle. Omega may throw in a normal phsycical attack in between any of the attacks in his set pattern at any time.

How to deal with the moves:

Level 5 Death: Have 100 Death's equiped to your Status Defense

Meteor: Weak attack. Just accept the dammage. Shell will reduce the dammage by 1/2.

Megiddo Flame: This attack always deals 9998 dammage, so just make sure all your characters got 9999 before it's used.

Gravija: Takes off 3/4 of current HP. Shell will reduce the dammage by 1/2. Just accept the dammage.

Terra Break: Like Meteor, except every hit deals around 4,000 dammage. Does a total of about 14,000+ dammage to the entire party. Protect will reduce the dammage by 1/2. Activate the Defend command in order to reduce the dammage to 0.

Ultima: Pretty weak attack. Just accept the dammage. Shell will reduce the dammage by 1/2.

Light Pillar: Always does 9999 dammage to 1 party member. Just use the Revive command or Full Life on the KOed character.

The Battle:

C1= Random Character#1
C2= Random Character#2
C3= Random Character#3
Omega= Omega Weapon

Turn 1:

Omega: Level 5 Death
C1: Tripple/Cerberus (if Tripple, then make sure to cast Tripplex3 with the Tripple'd character as soon as possible)
C2: Meltdown
C3: Hastex3

Average Party HP:
C1:9999
C2:9999
C3:9999

Turn 2:
Omega: Meteor
C1: Curagax3
C2: Aurax3
C3: Limmit Break/Protectx3 (if only 0-1 characters got the Defend command)

Average Party HP:
C1:9000 after Meteor, 9999 after Curagax3
C2:9000 after Meteor, 9999 after Curagax3
C3:9000 after Meteor, 9999 after Curagax3

Turn 3:
Omega: Megiddo Flame
C1: Curagax3 (just in case Omega would use a Physical attack)
C2: Limmit Break
C3: Limmit Break

Average Party HP:
C1:1 after Megiddo Flame, 3000-5000 after Curagax3
C2:1 after Megiddo Flame, 3000-5000 after Curagax3
C3:1 after Megiddo Flame, 3000-5000 after Curagax3

Turn 4:
Omega: Gravija
C1: Defend
C2: Defend/GF
C3: Defend/GF/Curagax3

Average Party HP:
C1:1500-2500 after Gravija, 4500-7500 after Curagax3
C2:1500-2500 after Gravija, 4500-7500 after Curagax3
C3:1500-2500 after Gravija, 4500-7500 after Curagax3

Turn 5:
Omega: Terra Break
C1: Revive KOed character/Curagax3/Limmitbreak
C2: Curagax3/Limmitbreak/Recast Haste on KOed character/Is KOed
C3: Curagax3/Limmitbreak/Recast Tripple or Cerberus/Is KOed

Average Party HP:
C1:1500-2500 or 4500-7500 if Curagax3 was used last round.
C2:Same as C1/KOed and 9999 after getting Revived/1000-5000
C3:Same as C1/KOed and 9999 after getting Revived/1000-5000

Turn 6:
Omega: Ultima
C1: Curagax3/Recast Aurax3/Limmitbreak
C2: Curagax3/Recast Aurax3/Limmitbreak
C3: Curagax3/Recast Aurax3/Limmitbreak

Use Curagax3 until you've got an average of 8000-9999HP with every character.

Average Party HP:
C1: Depends, 8000-9999 after Curagax3
C2: Depends, 8000-9999 after Curagax3
C3: Depends, 8000-9999 after Curagax3

Turn 7:
Omega: Light Pillar
C1: Revive Command/Full Lifex1
C2: Recast Hastex1 on KOed character or x3 if effect is gone on any other character.
C3: Is KOed

*repeat*

Whenever you get a free turn, use a Limmitbreak, heal or recast Aura/Haste.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Stage 1: Get all your abilties back
Stage 2: Find him
Stage 3: Run away

or you could just use invincibility

Laugh at face of Danger
03-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Zell: Attck, Defend, Revive, Restore
Squall: Attack, GF, Magic, Defend
Rinoa: Attack, Magic, Draw, Darkside

No hero drinks or opening the disk blah blah blah pure fighting!

Squall had auto haste so, he summoned Cerberus, then that meant Rinoa could cast triple aura, Zell used a limit break in his next turn. Squall cast triple protect, Rinoa cast triple meltdown, Zell limit, Squall then used triple regen and Rinoa finally used triple shell...i think. During Zell's limits i only used punch rush and booya, and managed a whopping 12 second time limit three out of five times! Lionheart didn't show once, so i was pretty pissed at that ¬_¬.

But yeah, triple curaga x2 after Megido Flame, the Zell used Restore, there limit breaks were pretty useful then, regen game me some healing in between and then i unleashed lots of limit breaks. When Rinoa got KOed, i kept her HP yellow and made her use her Angelo limits, i got invincible moon a few times, useless though as my aura wore off >.<

After that, the battle was pretty easy, just kept defending just after gravija in time for Terra Break. He went down after fifteen minutes ^^;;

and that was my great conquest!

The Last Oath
03-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Have Squall, Zell and Rinoa

Squall: Attack, Magic, Recover, item
Zell: Attack, Magic, Defend, item
Rinoa: Attck, Magic, GF, Revive

All characters had around 255 VIT and SPR. This made Omega's attacks except for gravija and Medigo Flame do around 60 on physical and 30 for meteor(each hit) and for terra break around 300 per hit. Squall and Zell shoud have 255 STR and Rinoa have over 200 MAG. These stats can be obtained through using the STR+Bonus e.t.c when levelling up then junctioning the +60% stats.(ALL CHARACTERS SHOULD HAVE TRIPLE OR HASTE JUNCTIONED TO SPD)

When the battle starts have Rinoa cast Meltdown, Zell Cast Aura on Rinoa, and Squall cast Aura on himself. Keep Rinoa's command box up with the Limit arrow shown and as soon as Omega casts Medigo Flame use Angelo and pray for Invincible moon. Then use Zell's limit break Duel and keep doing booya and punch rush which with STR 255 do around 100,000+ in total(i think) get Squall to do Renzokuken and hope for Lion Heart. Also use Rinoa's limit break if you know how to use Wishing Star. When the moon technique runs out cast Rinoa's Angelo again and if a character dies quickly use revive or full-life. ALSO if all your characters get K.O'd hold R1, R2, L1, L2 because i think this helps Angelo come and revive you thats what happened to me and thats the time i won against Omega Weapon. Use a Pheonix Pinion at the start of battle if you have time so if you get K.O'd and hold the above Pheonix might come to your aid.

Human Devil
03-14-2006, 10:16 PM
LIke i said its been like 3 years since i played ff8 and my friend said since i beat Omega i should post it. :eep:

Ultima Shadow
03-14-2006, 10:44 PM
LIke i said its been like 3 years since i played ff8 and my friend said since i beat Omega i should post it. :eep:Ok, fair enough then. :p

But beating Omega Weapon is not really something special. In fact, I would say about 50% of all FFVIII-players probably beat him.

Zeromus_X
03-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah, why can't they actually have a challenging optional boss? Or is it because everyone knows how to defeat the boss with little effort that it seems easy? :cat: :confused:

Acid Raine
03-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah, why can't they actually have a challenging optional boss? Or is it because everyone knows how to defeat the boss with little effort that it seems easy? :cat: :confused:

BY GUM!! You answered your own question!

The Last Oath
03-15-2006, 10:16 AM
No, he is indeed challenging, think about all the prepartion you need to do. Its just that 50% of FFVIII players a probably very well experienced in the game therefore knowing the best ways to defeat Omega. Also i found it a challenge to beat Omega weapon with Squall Zell and Irvine using no invicibilty techniques or items. I've already posted a stradegy though so i wont post another one.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-15-2006, 10:18 AM
LIke i said its been like 3 years since i played ff8 and my friend said since i beat Omega i should post it. :eep:Ok, fair enough then. :p

But beating Omega Weapon is not really something special. In fact, I would say about 50% of all FFVIII-players probably beat him.
The same can be said for most optional bosses.

Ultima Shadow
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
True. Which is pretty sad, actually... because it's much more fun to accomplish something others can't. :p

Acid Raine
03-15-2006, 12:57 PM
True. Which is pretty sad, actually... because it's much more fun to accomplish something others can't. :p
But that is difficult these days, with the online guides and all.

Ultima Shadow
03-15-2006, 05:48 PM
But that is difficult these days, with the online guides and all.
Exactly. As long as it doesn't actually involve personal skill rather than cheap strats and high stats, that is. But personal skill is rarely required. Power-leveling and reading guides is usually all you need. And that sucks.

Shin Gouken
03-15-2006, 08:03 PM
As far as i'm aware, there are no good guides out there (minus mine) that give good strategies for Shinryu and Omega in FFV. The guides offered are a) Steal from crystal dragons for 100 hours until you get 8 dragoon lances, and b) bolt on two swords plus Sshot, which doesn't garantee victory at all.

Zeromus_X
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
I've never seen a WarMech guide either. :cat: