PDA

View Full Version : [a] Desperate Now.

Vincent's Valentine
03-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Eh... first attempt at digital art. I'm old school, sketchbook and such. This is from scratch, so it's pretty nasty. You all share your beautiful art, so here is what I did with half a pack of smokes, Photoshop, and a computer mouse. Hey, I tried.

The song 'Waking up Beside you' by Stabbing Westward was the inspiration. If anyone wants the lyrics, hit me up.

Relena
03-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Five Stars*****

Vincent's Valentine
03-13-2006, 01:04 AM
...! Wow, thank you!

Relena
03-13-2006, 01:40 AM
Naw, i'll give it 7 stars.*******

Rocket Edge
03-13-2006, 01:18 PM
this is really cool original work, well done

Vincent's Valentine
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Thank you! I'm no good with anime looking stuff- and realism and final fantasy don't mesh so well. I like the way it turned out.

Vincent Valentine
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh. My. God.

See my banner? I've been looking for the perfect imagine to put in it. And now I've found it! May I? Please? :love:

Some critique on the image itself? I think it's beautiful, plain and simple. I certainly agree that realism doesn't often blend well with the Final Fantasy characters, but I've always found Vincent Valentine to be one of the few that can break that rule effectively, and still maintain his core identity.

I think the feet and the claw could do with a little bit more refinement, but other than that, there's very little to say bad about it! People can be notoriously tricky to draw, but you've definately got a special knack for it.

Are we going to see more work from you? :)