PDA

View Full Version : The One Track that KILLS the Album

GhandiOwnsYou
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Everyone has it, that one CD of absolute perfection... With that one track that boggles your mind, as to how it ended up on that CD. Please, feel free to list and discuss incredible CD's, with one track that makes your ears bleed.

My submission would have to be

Pink Floyd - Meddle. Seamus sucked to a degree of suck that is unheard of, in even the most sucky of suck circles.

Venom
03-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Slayers Reign in blood album, Every song is totally awesome!

Piece by piece is the song that sorta kills it.

Rusty
03-13-2006, 11:39 AM
The obvious one! Black Eyed Peas 'My Humps' just ruins a fantastic album.

NeoCracker
03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Gorrilaz Demon days, possibly my favorite album ever, had a song called All alone, God it sucked.

GhandiOwnsYou
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
I've a slight suspicion that "my Humps"was released as a test to mainstream sheep-culture. Put out the most horrible song ever, then promote the hell out of it it. see if people are dumb enough to listen.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-13-2006, 12:14 PM
‘Everything you’ve ever dreamed’ from the Refrain of Evangelion. Seriously, what the hell?

~SapphireStar~
03-13-2006, 12:19 PM
The obvious one! Black Eyed Peas 'My Humps' just ruins a fantastic album.
Agreed.

Chris
03-13-2006, 01:20 PM
On Björk's 1997 album "Homogenic" there's this song called "Pluto" and it's absolutely disasterous. The rest of the album is stunning, but that song, I wonder what happened there.

DarkLadyNyara
03-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Great Gig in The Sky, from Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon. A fantastic album, but that particular track kills it. :mad:

Slade
03-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Great Gig in The Sky, from Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon. A fantastic album, but that particular track kills it. :mad:
:eek: I can't believe you just said that! I love that song. That album is perfect through and through. Most Pink Floyd albums are.

I'd have to say 'Porcelain' from the Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Californication' album. It's not that I hate the song, it just bores me and I end up pressing the 'NEXT' button :D

Sephex
03-15-2006, 06:33 AM
On Nine Inch Nails' first album, Pretty Hate Machine, there is a track called "That's what I get" which is so weird. Like, the rest of the album is agressive or moody and that track just sounds like some 80's heartbreak song (lyric wise).

Lychon
03-15-2006, 06:54 AM
On Nine Inch Nails' first album, Pretty Hate Machine, there is a track called "That's what I get" which is so weird. Like, the rest of the album is agressive or moody and that track just sounds like some 80's heartbreak song (lyric wise).

The 80's ROCKED!!! New Wave baby!! Heartbreak songs kick so much a**, come on! Toto, Pat Benatar, Dead or Alive, and the ultimate GODDESS:

MADONNA!!!!!

OH SNAP!!

kikimm
03-15-2006, 06:55 AM
I couldn't think of one before, but yeah, the one that Sephex mentioned. I've tried to like that song but yuck. It's all wrong. I adore Trent's voice, but on that one track, it really grates on my nerves, and the music is horrible too. I'd like to go into more detail about why, but I haven't listened to it in a long time so I don't remember exactly what it sounds like. :D

DarkLadyNyara
03-15-2006, 07:19 PM
I can't believe you just said that! I love that song. That album is perfect through and through. Most Pink Floyd albums are.

It's a matter of taste. I cannot stand that track, although admittedly, it's more due to physiological reasons (certain pitches are pure hell on my ears), but I love pretty much everything else by the band.

Fatal Impurity
03-15-2006, 07:30 PM
use your illusion 2 by GNR - my world

hypnotise by system of a down - terracotta pie

Captain Maxx Power
03-15-2006, 08:17 PM
The Butterfly Effect's "Begins Here" - Overwhelmed. For some reason there's a trombone in the song. What, is this ska punk all of a sudden?

Also "Spawn Again" on Silverchair's "Neon Ballroom" is nothing short of trash. It should've stayed back in Freak Show.

Zeldy
03-15-2006, 08:31 PM
On Björk's 1997 album "Homogenic" there's this song called "Pluto" and it's absolutely disasterous. The rest of the album is stunning, but that song, I wonder what happened there.
I love Björk :heart: She's so unique.

..Yes. On The Rasmus - HellOfACollection some of the songs make me blush with embarrasment. (They used to be funk)

Jsb01
03-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I can't think of any at the moment. But I know that I bought "Alien Ant Farm - ANThology" just for "Smooth Criminal"

So that is a CD that is good just for one track.

rubah
03-17-2006, 05:16 AM
There's usually more than one.

On Aqua's first cd, I have to skip Good Morning Sunshine, if only because of habit by now.

On Golden Earring's The Continuing Story of Radar Love, I have to skip Leather. I HATE slow rock songs like htat.

Avarice-ness
03-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Dude.. You are so right. x x;;;

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2006, 05:30 AM
I'm not sure of their respective albums, but Automatic and Can You Keep A Secret by Utada Hikaru are hell on ones ears...the rest of her stuff is usually great though.

Reine
03-17-2006, 08:29 AM
The Skies Above - Black Mages

It totally ruins the theme...

faster skating penguin
03-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Seamus and Great Gig In The Sky are good, fools.

Fatal Impurity
03-17-2006, 03:55 PM
the crappest of the crap sendin even the best album into ruins is "its like that" that stupid theme that was in the ninja turtles film.....*shudder*

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I'd have to say 'Porcelain' from the Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Californication' album. It's not that I hate the song, it just bores me and I end up pressing the 'NEXT' button :D
Yup, you said it. It's probably the worst song they've put out. Apparently it's about John Frusciante and his mother, but it's just so awful. I can't stand it.

jrgen
03-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Janus' Vater is one of my all-time favourite albums, but the track Exodus is no good in any way. It's really a shame they put it among the the masterpieces on that album. Especially with the many awesome tracks that didn't make it to the album.