PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy FFX-2?

Kid X
03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
I need some advice. I'm thinking of buying ff x-2 but it's gonna cost me 30 quid and i have'nt played x. Do i need to play ffx to understand and enjoy x-2. Also i liked ff7+9 but not 8. Is x-2 more like 7+9 or 8.:tongue:

Markus. D
03-13-2006, 01:23 PM
its like nothing you have ever played :)

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-13-2006, 01:31 PM
There are a lot of people who played FFX-2 without playing FFX and seemed to enjoy it, but I would say that if you want to get the most out of the game it would be best to play FFX first.

At the very least you will know what they are talking about when they constantly refer to 'him'.

Setzer Gabianni
03-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Play FFX first. For the love of God, do NOT play FFX2 first. You need to play FFX before playing the sequel.

It isn't the best game, but I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

X-2 is more like 8 = not the best, but the games have ok elements.

Just get FFX first. Then FFX-2 =D FFX is more fulfilling.

~Setzer Gabianni

Little Blue
03-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Play FFX first. For the love of God, do NOT play FFX2 first. You need to play FFX before playing the sequel.

It isn't the best game, but I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

X-2 is more like 8 = not the best, but the games have ok elements.

Just get FFX first. Then FFX-2 =D FFX is more fulfilling.

~Setzer Gabianni
It's more fun than VIII, but yeah. X first then X-2.

DeathKnight
03-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Buy FFX then FFX-2, you'll thank me later:tonberry:

Fatal Impurity
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
8 was well cool...WAY better than 10-2 if your really smart you wont waste 30 quid on 10-2 just wait until its second hand and cheap like i did (i got mine for £3) but yeah 10 is way better and it amkes the second one make WAY more sense and 10-2 wont seem so annoying becuase of its lack of character development...

DeathKnight
03-13-2006, 04:03 PM
8 was well cool...WAY better than 10-2 if your really smart you wont waste 30 quid on 10-2 just wait until its second hand and cheap like i did (i got mine for £3) but yeah 10 is way better and it amkes the second one make WAY more sense and 10-2 wont seem so annoying becuase of its lack of character development...

Don't listen to this guy, he's just another FF7 fanboy.

Anyway, get FF10 or 10-2, either it way it kicks MAJOR ass!:tonberry:

Fatal Impurity
03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
ACTUALLY im not a FF7 fanboy i like all FF's but i do feel that 10 and 10-2 are probably the worst FF's...dont get me wrong all FF's are good its just these are the worst...

Setzer Gabianni
03-13-2006, 04:47 PM

Don't listen to this guy, he's just another FF7 fanboy.

Anyway, get FF10 or 10-2, either it way it kicks MAJOR ass!:tonberry:

Don't judge please. Not nice to.

You'll have fun with the battle system :)

~Setzer Gabianni

look_out_below
03-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I would play FFX first. I would recomend that you try playing FFX-2 before buying it (rent it or borrow it from a friend or something). I was severly disappointed with FFX-2 and since the first time i finished it i have yet to play through it again (or even start a second game), but this is just me and my opinion.

DeathKnight
03-13-2006, 04:57 PM
ACTUALLY im not a FF7 fanboy i like all FF's but i do feel that 10 and 10-2 are probably the worst FF's...dont get me wrong all FF's are good its just these are the worst...

In your opinion. They're the best in mine:meditate:

DeathKnight
03-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I would play FFX first. I would recomend that you try playing FFX-2 before buying it (rent it or borrow it from a friend or something). I was severly disappointed with FFX-2 and since the first time i finished it i have yet to play through it again (or even start a second game), but this is just me and my opinion.

You do know that you don't have to play TWICE to get the best and perfect endings right?:irked:

Little Blue
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
But doing it in one go is a hell of a lot of work, almost not worth it...

NeoCracker
03-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh god no, that game sucks. I spent 20 bucks on that thing, worst 20 I've ever spent on a game. Wait, correction, I spent 20 on VIII, but thats beside the point.

Dreddz
03-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Dont listen to anyone saying that FFX-2 is bad, its not. Dont expect to go through another FFX, but FFX-2 is enjoyable. Get it.

boys from the dwarf
03-13-2006, 05:24 PM
if you have other things you would like to buy i would put this at the bottom of your list. its enjoyable but doesnt nearly match up to the other FFs. if you are a mad FF fan and like me you feel you need every single FF ever i would buy it but if your not dont bother until you dont have much else to buy.and also i dont think that FFX-2 should cost you £30 because i got it nearly a year ago for only £20 so its probly even lower than that.

DeathKnight
03-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Dont listen to anyone saying that FFX-2 is bad, its not. Dont expect to go through another FFX, but FFX-2 is enjoyable. Get it.

Quoted for truth:tonberry: Reviews of FFX and FFX-2

**Reviews** Take it from the pros! not some biased fanboys(FFII-FFVII fanboys most of the time)

**FFX-2**
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/492/492220.html
**FFX**
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/014/014008.html

Setzer Gabianni
03-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Can you stop with the FFVII fanboy bitching? You just can't stop it can you?

Just rent the game if you're worried about spending money on it.

FFX is platinum now, so it's not expensive as it should be. :)

~Setzer Gabianni

DeathKnight
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Can you stop with the FFVII fanboy bitching? You just can't stop it can you?

Just rent the game if you're worried about spending money on it.

FFX is platinum now, so it's not expensive as it should be. :)

~Setzer Gabianni

Did I quote YOU and called you a fanboy/fangirl???:grumble:

So you better quit feeling offended.:)

Setzer Gabianni
03-13-2006, 06:28 PM
If you have nothing to contribute to this topic, then you can stop bashing FFVII fanboys because you're just not being fair =)

True you didnt call me one, I was just sticking up for the FFVII fans in general.

Oh, to the topic starter - make sure you get the Dark Knight dressphere when you play the game.

~Setzer Gabianni

boys from the dwarf
03-13-2006, 09:05 PM
i can understand why they got 9.5s and on the cover of my disk case it says 9/10 but enjoyable as it may be compared to other FFs the storyline and overall how interesting it is, is dreadful.

ehsteve
03-13-2006, 09:18 PM
DO NOT FOR ANY REASON PURCHASE, RENT, OR PLAY FINAL FANTASY X-2! IT IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!
FFX, however, is definitely a good buy.

DeathKnight
03-13-2006, 09:26 PM
DO NOT FOR ANY REASON PURCHASE, RENT, OR PLAY FINAL FANTASY X-2! IT IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

Calm down dude.
This revies is all he needs.

**FFX-2**
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/492/492220.html
**FFX**
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/014/014008.html

Shiny
03-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I need some advice. I'm thinking of buying ff x-2 but it's gonna cost me 30 quid and i have'nt played x. Do i need to play ffx to understand and enjoy x-2. Also i liked ff7+9 but not 8. Is x-2 more like 7+9 or 8.:tongue:
Yes. You need to have played FFX to understand the storyline and characters somewhat. But for the most part they pretty much re-cap things in the beginning. No. I do not recommend that you purchase this game, because it is crap. But seeing as how you liked 9 you'll probably like this. It is funny. Also, the battle system was unique and challenging. However, (at most times...like that weird hot spring scene) it lacked any sense or point what so ever, and a total waste of my time and money.

Tavrobel
03-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Buy FFX before playing FFX-2. But either way, you will be severly disappointed by FFX-2, whether you expect to play through another FFX, or whether you play it alone. It rates fine if you compared it every other game made in history. But for a FF, it lacks, plotwise and symbolicly. Horribly.

Yes. You need to have played FFX to understand the storyline and characters somewhat. But for the most part they pretty much re-cap things in the beginning. No. I do not recommend that you purchase this game, because it is crap. But seeing as how you liked 9 you'll probably like this. It is funny. Also, the battle system was unique and challenging. However, (at most times...like that weird hot spring scene) it lacked any sense or point what so ever, and a total waste of my time and money.

Challenging? FFX-2? Did you seriously use that word? If you liked IX, and not VIII, then you will probably not like this either. FFX-2 follows the systems in FFVII and VIII with a three man party, and is faster, but not at all challenging. I got to level 60 without trying, all I did was press X. FFX-2 tries to pull a Family Guy by having long discourses about nothing to do with the plot in an attempt to make humor. Too bad it doesn't work.
If you like good music, then listen to what you have on IPod or computer. (Feel Good Inc., my friend). The only songs worth hearing are the beginning opening song (Eternal Waves, or something like that), 1000 Words, because it is necessary for the plot, and real Emotion, because it symbolizes what a huge disappointment FFX-2 is. Everything starts all nice and cool and beatdown. Then you start playing it...

Death Penalty
03-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Yes. This is the word of the gospel. ehsteve 1:2

Jsb01
03-14-2006, 12:32 AM
no, you should not

wingHEART
03-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Play X first. And don't buy X-2, it's not worth buying, rent it. In my opinion it's a fun game to play but you'll find its much different than other final fantasy games and probably the worst...

Shiny
03-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Buy FFX before playing FFX-2. But either way, you will be severly disappointed by FFX-2, whether you expect to play through another FFX, or whether you play it alone. It rates fine if you compared it every other game made in history. But for a FF, it lacks, plotwise and symbolicly. Horribly.
This is the truth.

Challenging? FFX-2? Did you seriously use that word?
Yes, I did.

FFX-2 follows the systems in FFVII and VIII with a three man party, and is faster, but not at all challenging.
It's not the same battle system. Did Yuna use materia? No. Not the same.
It is faster and different from what has been seen in previous games. Which can be challenging for someone who is used to playing by the old battle systems. Once you get used to it it's alright.

Death Penalty
03-14-2006, 01:15 AM
It was a waste of my day off to even complete this game.Easiest Cheasiest game ever

Tavrobel
03-14-2006, 01:59 AM
FFX-2 follows the systems in FFVII and VIII with a three man party, and is faster, but not at all challenging.
It's not the same battle system. Did Yuna use materia? No. Not the same.
It is faster and different from what has been seen in previous games. Which can be challenging for someone who is used to playing by the old battle systems. Once you get used to it it's alright.

I didn't say it was COMPLETELY the same. The biggest comparison I draw from FFVII and FFVIII is three characters, and the insane amount of customization. It may be faster, but, once you get Alchemist... gg kthxbai ot teh Vegangun. For that matter, most of the monsters in Via Infinito except for the bosses, too.

But FFX-2 will definitely alienate you, especially if you play the old school games. If you are a PSX generationer, then it might not.

It was a waste of my day off to even complete this game.Easiest Cheasiest game ever

I my friend would like to introduce you...
to Tetris. Many similarities to FFX-2; no plot, no character development, cheesy in every way, easy beyond words, no symbolism; BUT it's not a waste of time. Everyone loves being a responsible Trigonometry student by playing on your graphing calculators in class...

Death Penalty
03-14-2006, 02:27 AM
I my friend would like to introduce you...
to Tetris. Many similarities to FFX-2; no plot, no character development, cheesy in every way, easy beyond words, no symbolism; BUT it's not a waste of time. Everyone loves being a responsible Trigonometry student by playing on your graphing calculators in class...
Playin tetris so long my thumbs bruised.

Old Manus
03-14-2006, 07:53 AM
That's right, delete my post, but keep the massive size 7 one all in caps and in another colour

gyaku_zuki
03-14-2006, 08:14 AM
To be fair, guys, compare the time they spent making FFX to the time spent on FFX2, and that might explain the difference in quality...

Hopefully that means FFXII will be UBER :D

Why does everyone seem to h8 FF8? The only downfall was its battle system! The storyline was great, and I personally think the musical score was one of the best.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-14-2006, 10:33 AM
But FFX-2 will definitely alienate you, especially if you play the old school games. If you are a PSX generationer, then it might not.

That's kind of weird, since FFX-2 is far closer in nature to the original series than anything in the 32 or even 16 bit generation (with the possible exception of FFV).

Venom
03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Depends on your preference in gaming.

But I would suggest you buy X before X-2 so you have an idea of whats going on.

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 11:47 AM

Challenging? FFX-2? Did you seriously use that word? If you liked IX, and not VIII, then you will probably not like this either. FFX-2 follows the systems in FFVII and VIII with a three man party, and is faster, but not at all challenging. I got to level 60 without trying, all I did was press X. FFX-2 tries to pull a Family Guy by having long discourses about nothing to do with the plot in an attempt to make humor. Too bad it doesn't work.
If you like good music, then listen to what you have on IPod or computer. (Feel Good Inc., my friend). The only songs worth hearing are the beginning opening song (Eternal Waves, or something like that), 1000 Words, because it is necessary for the plot, and real Emotion, because it symbolizes what a huge disappointment FFX-2 is. Everything starts all nice and cool and beatdown. Then you start playing it...
Couldn't have put it beter myslef, btw Feel Good Inc Rocks hard.

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Ehsteve, calm down already. I buy FFX2 at mall somewhere.

Marluxiaswife
03-14-2006, 03:59 PM

:kaofight:

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
03-14-2006, 11:25 PM

:kaofight:
:screwy: :trout: :shoot:

kikimm
03-15-2006, 04:36 AM
I think I'm gonna go ahead and close this now. This is completely ruined.