PDA

View Full Version : Makai Kingdom...Disgaea Hour of Darkness, or Phantom Brave

Dude1972
03-13-2006, 04:12 PM
La pucelle sux but umm these 3 games ARE TEH BEST!!!...made by NIS so you guys should try and get it..its a SRPG..so ya know

Awrini
03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Disgaea is like, my favorite game ever. Wish I could find a copy...

Vincent Valentine
03-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Darn it. I was just going to post a thread like this. :tongue:

I would have to go with Disgaea out of all of those, without question. It's definately the most solid and well put together of the three (four, if you include La Pucelle), and it's wacky sense of humour makes it all the more entertaining, dood!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/wordsofivory/prinnydance20up.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Is it true what I've heard about Nippon Ichi bringing out a Disgaea 2?

Dreddz
03-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Ive only got Disgaea out of those three and I enjoyed it alot. Definately worth my time, I might as well get Disgaea 2.

NeoCracker
03-13-2006, 05:09 PM
I thought Pucelle was quite fu nthank you, better than phantom brave, which I still love. REally want to play Makai Kingdom though, it sounds awsome.

Endless
03-13-2006, 06:12 PM
I couldn't quite resist the opportunity to show off. Fear the phone camera quality.

About the games, I like La Pucelle more than I like Phantom Brave. In order, it would go Disgaea/Disgaea 2 > Makai Kingdom > La Pucelle > Phantom Brave.

Larahl
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I played only Disgaea, and I love it.
I really want to play the others, just don't have the time like I used to have.

Markus. D
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I liked La Pucelle Tactics ^_^

Phantom brave is awesome, so is disgaea.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-13-2006, 11:14 PM
La Pucelle Tactics is a great game, but Disgaea is definitely the best. It's a great game and I've been avidly following Disgaea 2. I can't wait until it's out in America this summer. It's seriously taking more precedence with me than Final Fantasy XII.

Markus. D
03-13-2006, 11:24 PM
BtV

if you liked Disgaea, try Phantom Brave.

much differant enviroment, but the tactics system is.... perfection.

edit: lots more skills to abuse aswell.

Mythra
03-14-2006, 01:59 AM
I would have to say Disgaea. It was the only one out of those that actually made me feel for the characters. I would have liked Makai Kingdom if only it had more story segments instead of just being map after map of killing a bunch of units with no real reason except to get the universe back under your control. At least in Disgaea you were provided with some various, funny, and extremely random scenes. Like the Mid-boss for instance, "I have attained super speed due to my training in 100-ton boxers!!!". Truely great stuff ;)

Dude1972
03-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Ok..to me Makai Kingdom was the best because Zetta is just plain funny! I haven't beaten Disgaea, Phantom Brave, or La Pucelle. Disgaea im on like chapter 12 I think...my friend won't let me go further until he gets further...I really want Disgaea soo bad...Phantom Brave I think im on chapter 2-1 i think...not sure and La Pucelee i couldnt take it so im on like chapter 1 ..lol

Venom
03-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Phantom Brave.

Markus. D
03-15-2006, 01:40 AM
ummmm, whats BtV?

when did I put that there?

PramTheOracle
03-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Makai, I mean, I may be Biased and all...

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9485/trenia3tt.gif

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-15-2006, 03:15 AM
I am assuming you were refering to me when you said "BtV", as that's one of the few things I'm also known by on this board.

And I have played Phantom Brave. It's a fun game, but it's not as good as Disgaea. I need to pick up Makai Kingdom but I've heard mixed reviews and most of my money is in con-stasis and won't be freed until Sakura Con, at which point it will magically turn into stuff.

Dude1972
03-17-2006, 01:33 AM
There is a new one out now. It's called Generation of Chaos..and it's for the PSP...I have it! omg...if you like the army..this is your type of game IT IS AMAZING!!!

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Generation of Chaos is out? I was wanting that game. I'll definitely look into it.

Dark Paladin
03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I love all the games equally

Dude1972
03-21-2006, 09:22 PM
You guys are making me want to play Phantom Brave really badly...

Vyk
03-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Generations of Chaos was only published by NIS. Don't expect it to be like their other games. Though I want it, because it's supposed to be like a spiritual successor to Dragon Force. (Not literally, but in the same vain).

I started with La Pucelle. Enjoyed the humor and story muchly. Battles got pretty old though. I don't mind them that much. But when you have to fight 5-10 to get a story segment (and not even that big of one) it seems like I'm wasting my time.

Then I tried Disgaea, accidently got sucked into an item's world. Fought like 9 battles and got stuck to where you have to be thrown and only had one character left, who might have survived, if he could get to anyone. So that was lame. I gave up after that. I HATE wasting my time. And unfortunately (to me) these games are so good at doing that.

Too complex too. I also hate micromanagement. And it seems every installment requires even more managing. If they're going to focus on battles. Let me just jump and tear hell. I hate all that colored squares on the feild bull crap. La Pucelle and Disgaea both had issues with that. So I didn't even bother with the other games

Dude1972
03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
its like an army..and i usually like playing war games "example: commander and conquer red alert 2?" ...and generation of chaos FOR PSP..is awesome..you just need a psp lol plus i think in the US its only like 39.99 thats cheap!