PDA

View Full Version : items i seek

terley
03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
please can you tell me the best and easiest way to obtain the following items in the right ammounts

Dark Matter - 300
Wings to Discovery - 90
Mega-Pheonix - 60
Stamina Tablet - 12

i need monsters i can kill that drop them (not bosses cuz they cant be re-fought)

any help would rock, thx =]

SeeDRankLou
03-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Dark Matter - 300
Wings to Discovery - 90
Mega-Pheonix - 60
Stamina Tablet - 12
Heheh....good luck with all that.

Dark Matter:
You get 99 Dark Matter for unlocking Ultima Buster in the monster arena, which you do by capturing 5 of every fiend in Spira. After this, if you have the international version you can do this Dark Yojimbo trick I hear about (in which you defeat Dark Yojimbo four of the five times, leave the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, re-enter and do it all over again), but otherwise you are going to have to kill the monster creations in the monster arena. This is the rare item for defeating any of the monster arena creations, two if you overkill. I forget off the top of my head if there is a skill to make fiends drop rare items, but if there is not you are going to have to raise your luck really high to get consistent Dark Matters this way.

Wings to Discovery:
You get 30 of these by doing the chocobo race at Remiem Temple and getting 5 chests and no poles. This is a common item for defeating Shinryu (a monster arena creation), two if you overkill. You can also bribe Malboros (540,000 gil for 4) and Great Malboros (1,280,000 gil for 8).

Mega-Phoenix
You get 99 Mega Phoenixes for unlocking Pteryx in the monster arena, which you do by capturing 4 of every bird type fiend in Spira. This is the rare item for defeating a YAT-97, YAT-99, Mech Hunter and Mech Defender. You can also bribe an Alcyone (8,600 gil for 2) and a Ghost (199,980 gil for 38).

Stamina Tablet
You get 60 of these for unlocking One-Eye in the monster arena, which you do by capturing 4 of every flying eye type fiend in Spira. This is a common item for defeating an Ogre. This is the rare steal of an Adamantoise, Abyss Worm, Vorban and Iron Clad (the latter 3 are monster arena creations). You can also bribe a Defender (240,000 gil for 20) and an Ogre (188,000 for 50).

terley
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
sweet thx dude =]

Tavrobel
03-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Luck does not affect item drops, only in battle calculations. The way item drops work is that it rolls a 256 sided die, and if it rolls on that side, it will drop an item. Rare drops drop anywhere from 1/4 (for Dark Matters for creations) to 1/8 (normal monsters, bosses). So don't bother with Luck until you have 255 in all other stats. It's just not possible to do, because it's something in the range of... impossible to go for luck right away.
4+ Earth Eater battles + 1 (2) Greater Sphere battles = +4 luck for all characters. Earth Eater is also one of the harder ones, and Greater Sphere is by far the most annoying.

You get 99 Dark Matter for unlocking Ultima Buster in the monster arena, which you do by capturing 5 of every fiend in Spira. After this, if you have the international version you can do this Dark Yojimbo trick I hear about (in which you defeat Dark Yojimbo four of the five times, leave the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, re-enter and do it all over again), but otherwise you are going to have to kill the monster creations in the monster arena. This is the rare item for defeating any of the monster arena creations, two if you overkill. I forget off the top of my head if there is a skill to make fiends drop rare items, but if there is not you are going to have to raise your luck really high to get consistent Dark Matters this way.

Master Thief, and it only affects steal rates, not drop rates, which are static.

You get 30 of these by doing the chocobo race at Remiem Temple and getting 5 chests and no poles. This is a common item for defeating Shinryu (a monster arena creation), two if you overkill. You can also bribe Malboros (540,000 gil for 4) and Great Malboros (1,280,000 gil for 8).

These numbers are not concrete. The range for Marlboro is 3-5, and for Greater Marlboro, is 6-10, but the numbers given by SeeD are the average. If you want sure bribes without having to settle for anything less than average, bribe Marlboros instead of Greaters. The money invested is also less for the chance you get 9. If you shoot for 10, you will effectively waste your time.

I also have a guide to beating the monsters in the Arena somehwere in the forums, but I can't remember where it is.

SeeDRankLou
03-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Master Thief, and it only affects steal rates, not drop rates, which are static.
Which is why I didn't write it. And, Master Thief affects what you steal, not your steal rate. It just ensures that you always steal the rare steal. I use it a lot, and I see no increase in steal rate.

These numbers are not concrete. The range for Marlboro is 3-5, and for Greater Marlboro, is 6-10, but the numbers given by SeeD are the average.
It's also not a guaranty that the amount given will successfully bribe a fiend in the first place, it's just what's suppose to happen. There's a small random factor involved with most things in these games.

Tavrobel
03-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Oops, wrong one, I'm thinking of Pickpocket, which increases rate by 50% of current. Master Thief lets you steal Rare items only, with no change in rate. Thanks for the catch, SeeD.

It's also not a guaranty that the amount given will successfully bribe a fiend in the first place, it's just what's suppose to happen. There's a small random factor involved with most things in these games.

Which is exactly why I gave the ranges... and the reason for soft resets, and mentioned wastes of time.
And for Greater Marlboro, I often see the drop is not 8 on average, but if anything, I see 7 more often. I've seen 10 once, so I would accept that 8 is the average, based on range alone (even if it's not what you see all the time, and not actually the average if you added the items you got, and put it over successful attempts).

4evarisha
03-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Good Luck I am shocked if u will try 2 get that many

Dell
03-15-2006, 03:33 AM
Oh yeah I'm looking for that things too.

I'm in search of this items to get this ability for my party:

Break HP Limit - 30 wings to discovery per one, 210 per all party
Break MP Limit - I don't know what items achieve that
Auto-Phoenix - 30 mega phoenix per one, 210 per all party

can anyone help where I can get all of this items so many like 20.

SeeDRankLou, you only need to open three chect and hit no poles.
If you open fives, you will get Three Stars x60