PDA

View Full Version : My game Final tear 3 in progress gameplay movies to see here!

Cloud spikey head
03-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Because I'm almost 8 months in creating Final tear 3 and reached about 45% of completion I decided to let you show some gameplay movies. The first movie is an animal puzzle and the second one a event where you go with your plane to space (you need divx in order to play)

animal puzzle.avi - 11.40MB (http://www.zshare.net/video/animal-puzzle-avi.html)

spacecraft.avi - 5.17MB (http://www.zshare.net/video/spacecraft-avi.html)

Final tear 1 and 2 will be online soon ;)

!Btw I'm still searching for english people who want to do voices in my game, I have still need 2 voice actors for 2 of my caracters, which is a young girl, and an middle aged gun/explosion freak. Anyone interested?!

================And here some info about the battle system==================

Although my battle system is default, I customized almost everything that’s possible. Every character in battle is so different and very very heavily scripted that you could say that you have a semi-custom battle system or maybe even a custom. Every character has its own way of learning skills, some caracters use mp while other use bullets or FP.

For a example:

Lance:

S.A.S.S

Learns his spells trough summons in de S.A.S.S (Summon Aura Sensation System) this is a system that fuses your character with an summon, then when the character is hit a gauge is filled. And when this gauge is full The summon will explode in rage and attack all enemies with extreme damage. You can have a max of 3 fuses together in this system. So you can fill up the gauges of 3 summons at once.

You can also upgrade this summon trough an cms and level it up with WP points. When the summon is levelled up his overdrive attack will increase and also on some levels lance will learn a spell form the summon which is an “MIXED SPELL”

Here’s an example for the summon Baltasar

Baltasar ( 1 / 1)
Atomic Flame Upgrade cost (WP) Damage Spells learn
Fire damage to all 0
Lv 1 0 80 fire
Lv 2 100 128
Lv 3 170 199 fire wall
Lv 4 289 306
Lv 5 491 466
Lv 6 835 706
Lv 7 1420 1067 Fira
Lv 8 2414 1608
Lv 9 4103 2420 Fire storm
Lv 10 6976 3637

Jessie and Vincent

Combo systems (like legend of legaia)

Have a legend of legaia system on board where they can learn skills by pushing certain combinations of buttons. Depending on which Level they are how much combo’s they can do. Example when the character is below level 5 he can push only 3 digits. This means That he can only find 3 hit skills (Like Lunar Light (up, down. up)) and there are some other 3 digit skills as well. Well the task for you is to find These combinations by trying it into battle. So there are also 4 5 6 7 8 9 and 10 hit moves.

Also when you find a move the move is added to the list + the key combination so that can look every time at the code. Also there’s a boost command which temporary doubles the digits for one round, if you have 4 digits you can have 1 round 8 of them. So that there more change that you fill in the code and learn the skill ;)

Also the skills cost FP you can have a max of 100 fp every round 5 FP is restored, and if you use boost 20 (15 + 5 in that round )

Tarrot System:

Also there’s a tarot systems where you can pick tarot cards out, and depending on which card you choose you will get all different effects.

And there are also a lot of other systems as well

Like a singing system.

A mime system (not sure)

A gun shot bullet mix system
And all these events are in battle (except of course the upgrading summons in the menu duh :P)

There are a lot of other systems in the game but I’m to lazy to type them all out, I will eventually post more of them here.
:) :)

Stayin Dizzy
03-13-2006, 09:45 PM
This game looks quite interesting. Your already on a part 3 though? Anyways I'd be willing to test versions of 1,2, and 3 for you, and I'd be willing to do voices. My buddy has a studio setup with a good microphone too, so I could send it to you in just about any format

Cloud spikey head
03-13-2006, 09:52 PM
This game looks quite interesting. Your already on a part 3 though? Anyways I'd be willing to test versions of 1,2, and 3 for you, and I'd be willing to do voices. My buddy has a studio setup with a good microphone too, so I could send it to you in just about any format

Wow I would really like that, how can I contact you for the voices?

Stayin Dizzy
03-13-2006, 10:05 PM
You can PM me here I can give you my e-mail address, and if it came to it I could give you my phone number. If you really wanted this done though I'd need to see a script for the voices. Hell I could probably get a bunch of people just to do little bits and bobs for townspeople or whatever even. Not to mention if you need effects my DJ has a bunch of them if you have requests. I liked the music in your demo too. If you want any original music I might be able to throw some of that your way too. Again more information on the game would be needed

Maxico
03-13-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm struggling to see how you can expect a reasonable filesize with that amount of voice work. Even compressed that's going to be far bigger than many people will be willing to download.

Alixsar
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Cyber Peacock wants his music back.

Cloud spikey head
03-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm struggling to see how you can expect a reasonable filesize with that amount of voice work. Even compressed that's going to be far bigger than many people will be willing to download.

Well the voices are only reduced in battle, in normal conversations are without voices, mainly because the file size reason. Because the game is going to be very large (the maps only are now 15 mb there are now 450 maps and in the final version there might be 900 or maybe even 1000) The game will take more than 80 hours. I try however to keep the size of the whole game below 50 MB.

@ Alixar LOL yeah I bet he does :)

@ Daryn: I will first make a script then, then when it's finished I wil contact you, I think that you can do also some original music, I still have some request for music that I cannot find, I bet that you can make someting like that.:)

Stayin Dizzy
03-13-2006, 11:53 PM
@ Daryn: I will first make a script then, then when it's finished I wil contact you, I think that you can do also some original music, I still have some request for music that I cannot find, I bet that you can make someting like that.:)

That sounds good just make it clear what all you need voices for. Since I'll have to compose the music myself though i'll just have to either send you some samples, or you can give me some songs your looking to sound like, and I can make something similar

Tales of Phantasia had voices and great graphics but wasn't that large of a file. More importantly if he can get enough people to play he can make it a torrent file and everyone can seed it.