PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online - New Classes

Alixsar
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Am I the only one who's heard about this yet? The new classes are Gunslinger and Ninja. Gravity started beta testing on sakray servers and a lot of information has been surfacing.

Ninjas have two skills trees, one which involves elemental ninja magic...stuff, and another that involves just generally being a ninja. They use shurikens/kunais as weapons, but they're disposable so they don't come carded (think of equiping a hunter with no bow and only arrows). They have really bad HP growth but they have some amazing skills and are just generally speaking pretty strong, so it all evens out.

Gunslingers are like monks and hunters combined. They have a skill called Flip the Coin which basically works like Summon Spirit Sphere, and there are some skills associated with that. They can use five different kinds of guns that all have skills associated to each type and have different characteristics. Dual pistols have great ASPD and HIT rates. Rifles have high HIT rates but lower ASPD and are stronger. Shotguns are even higher damage, but have even lower ASPD. They do splash damage though, so it's okay. Gatling guns have the best ASPD out of any weapon in all of RO, but obviously don't do much in the damage department to even things out. And lastly, the grenade launcher is the slowest of all, but does the most damage and also has special status/elemental ammo. They also look really, really, really, REALLY cool (see attachment...and no, I don't know why she's humping the gun either).

You can check ragnainfo.net's forums for more information, I'm too lazy to repeat ALL of it. Anyway, any thoughts? Discuss.

*shameless advertising* Also, while we're on the subject, my friends and I just restarted the private server we all used to play on. It's a really high rate server, but we made it that way so the entire server would be full of strong people and we could have crazy War of Emperium matches. Unfortunately we don't have many people yet. We have the Tae Kwon/Star Gladiator/Soul Linker enabled and are working on implementing new quests and items as soon as we can (We just implemented the Lord Kaho Horn Quest...it's nuts. No, it really is. I'd say it's impossible but two people have already done it.) We fully plan to support the two new jobs as soon as possible as well. Join us! http://www.savagero.com/

Jowy
03-14-2006, 05:23 AM
Crazy AWESOME.

I remember hearing about the Gunslinger class way back in 2004 as a rumor, but I didn't think they would actually implement it into the game.

Alixsar
03-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Crazy AWESOME.

I remember hearing about the Gunslinger class way back in 2004 as a rumor, but I didn't think they would actually implement it into the game.

Well that's when they first started developing it. It's crazy that it's taken THIS long to finally get started.

Markus. D
03-14-2006, 02:10 PM
http://oro.ongamenet.com.au/

an official site mr Alixar.

Gunsliger is the class I have been waiting for :)

Apparently they are also Implementing 2 new major bosses.

Alixsar
03-15-2006, 09:06 AM
http://oro.ongamenet.com.au/

an official site mr Alixar.

Gunsliger is the class I have been waiting for :)

Apparently they are also Implementing 2 new major bosses.

You and me both. Everyone wants to try it, they look AMAZING.