PDA

View Full Version : Based on these questions...

Meimeiken
03-14-2006, 12:19 AM
..I can figure out what FF I want. Basically It would help me out in uncountable ways if you could help me with these questions.

What is the easiest FF?
-Can it be played one the ps1 or the ps2? Possibly the pc...
-Are you thinking 9? Cause quite frankly, I couldn't beat the first disc.
-Does it have a Decent storyline?
-What FF has decent graphics?
-Does it have a cool main character?
-villan?
-Does it have summons?
-Do you have to quest the summons?
-What is the average play time?
-Are the controls decent?
-Is the game readily available?
-If not, where would be the cest chance of purchasing it?
-How much would it cost?

AND

-In your opinion what game is overall the best?

Again, I'm sorry for posting another topic like this, but I just wanted to take a different approach on choosing the right game for me. Believe it or not, I am under the impression that I will get more post this way(even if they are flames for posting another topic :P) As you may have gathered from my above words, I basically basing my choice on how easy the game is. I mean, I like the story and everthing..but I want to actually be able to get to the end of the game. I am not what you may call an avid gamer. I play what I like, and most of the time I suck at. I don't know if it's my lack of patience(I'm no objector to trying to spend like a day to complete a level, but still..it should be beatable.) or just my inablility to acomplish anything with any value to it. I'm pretty much NOT looking for a snes FF('cause I don't have one.). I want some decent graphics and a storyline. I don't know why, but I seem to like to use summons...so yeah. I'm not looking for something terribly expensive, and is pretty much available at a local gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, etc.

Thanks,
-Adam(meimeiken@gmail.com)

Rengori
03-30-2006, 08:24 AM
..I can figure out what FF I want. Basically It would help me out in uncountable ways if you could help me with these questions.

What is the easiest FF?
-Can it be played one the ps1 or the ps2? Possibly the pc...
-Are you thinking 9? Cause quite frankly, I couldn't beat the first disc.
-Does it have a Decent storyline?
-What FF has decent graphics?
-Does it have a cool main character?
-villan?
-Does it have summons?
-Do you have to quest the summons?
-What is the average play time?
-Are the controls decent?
-Is the game readily available?
-If not, where would be the cest chance of purchasing it?
-How much would it cost?

AND

-In your opinion what game is overall the best?

Again, I'm sorry for posting another topic like this, but I just wanted to take a different approach on choosing the right game for me. Believe it or not, I am under the impression that I will get more post this way(even if they are flames for posting another topic :P) As you may have gathered from my above words, I basically basing my choice on how easy the game is. I mean, I like the story and everthing..but I want to actually be able to get to the end of the game. I am not what you may call an avid gamer. I play what I like, and most of the time I suck at. I don't know if it's my lack of patience(I'm no objector to trying to spend like a day to complete a level, but still..it should be beatable.) or just my inablility to acomplish anything with any value to it. I'm pretty much NOT looking for a snes FF('cause I don't have one.). I want some decent graphics and a storyline. I don't know why, but I seem to like to use summons...so yeah. I'm not looking for something terribly expensive, and is pretty much available at a local gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, etc.

Thanks,
-Adam(meimeiken@gmail.com)
First off, EVERY SING FF EXCEPT III IS AVAILABE ON THE PS1/2 (just getting that through).

Second, there's a forum open for any discussion about each FF, including HELP. Go to the FFIX forum for help on IX.

And lastly, all FF's can be easy ('cept parts of VIII) if you level up, if you rush through with little thought you'll get screwed.

As for good FF's, I'd reccomend any except for X-2 (and XI just 'cause I have played very little of it). An FF goes anywhere from 10-70 hours. I-VI can usually be beaten 20 hours or fewer, X can be beaten in 20-35, and VII-IX will take 40+ hours to complete. DoS (Dawn of Souls, GBA) is pathetically easy, so easy that there is no challenge. Barely anything poses a threat. Don't get that one for FFI and FFII. Get Origins (PSX) for FFI and FFII.

Vyk
03-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Considering your last paragraph. I doubt answering the questions would mean much as it seems you've narrowed your choices down already to just FFVII VIII & X

Of those choices, VII appealed to me the most. No, I'm not your average rabid fanboy. I just like the darker tone. And older characters. More ruthless villainy. Lotsa fun stuff. And I liked its music over any of its predicessors.