PDA

View Full Version : Best Class

4evarisha
03-14-2006, 05:49 AM
I pick a mage:D .

DMKA
03-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Umm...are you sure you didn't mean to put this in FFXI? Or General Final Fantasy?

4evarisha
03-14-2006, 05:52 AM
no i didnt

mega_tonberry
03-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Even though theres technically no classes in FFX, I choose mage. Cuz lulu pwns

4evarisha
03-14-2006, 06:16 AM
cool i love mages

Zeromus_X
03-14-2006, 06:30 AM
More accurate jobs:

Tidus- Paladin
Auron- Samurai
Yuna- White Mage/ Summoner
Lulu- Black Mage
Kimahri- Blue Mage/ Lancer
Wakka- Blitzball Player
Rikku- Thief

But yeah, I like Auron's. All those "break" abilities really helped me out. Kimahri's is cool too. (Blue Mage and Dragoon? Two of the coolest classes in FFs combined? :cat:) And of course, Black Mage, Lulu.:choc2:

Tabris
03-14-2006, 07:01 AM
I chose Wakka. Now that I got his upgraded World Champion, he is the fastest, most accurate and strongest of my party. :D He hits harder than any other member of my party, and he's faster than both Auron and Tidus. :greenie: (of course, all this depends on which character you choose to level the most. One could easily have Tidus the strongest and fastest one).

Little Blue
03-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Aurons (Samauri) is the best. He's the only one who can kill flans with me at the moment when I'm too lazy to use magic on them.

Beyond
03-14-2006, 07:28 AM
More accurate jobs:

Tidus- Warrior
Auron- Samurai
Yuna- White Mage
Lulu- Black Mage
Kimahri- Blue Mage
Wakka- Ranger
Rikku- Thief

Fixed.

Dell
03-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Black Mage was always be my possession even in real world, you know.

Twilight Edge
03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Always the warriors,I prefer melee combat.(with swords of course)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-14-2006, 11:56 AM
i pik wakka, he has the speed of tidus, the trenght of auron and the range of lulus magic :D

terley
03-14-2006, 06:28 PM
i had yuna and lulu leveling the exact same ammount for ages.. then i got 4 black magic spheres and got the third lvl magicks on yuna.. shes a much stronger black mage than lulu and i also have doublecast with her...

now my team

tidus - 9999 hp - 99999 dmg very often..
yuna - 9999hp - 15k+ with physical and 70000+ with magic...
auron - 9999hp - 9999 dmg cuz i havent completed his celestial ritual yet

(i have it in the sig cuz..)

i see these as the best but my most faovurite is deffo tidus. im just about to get bhpl on him and im expecting 20k minimum health on him... :rolleyes2

a nirvana fan
03-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Mage for me, if there was a archer I would pick that though but there isnt...*sigh*

Ashi
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Mostly liked Auron's, though I liked Rikku's "mix" best.

Shiny
03-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Mages! I like Black Mages, but White Mages always come in handy for me when I run out of potions.

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-17-2006, 03:51 AM
Black mages are the greatest job there is!!! I just wish that they would make the black mage with summons like they used to.(it seems like a better combo than whitemage/summoner)

4evarisha
03-17-2006, 04:36 AM
I like Rikku also i love theives but mages r better.

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 06:44 AM
More accurate jobs:

Tidus- Warrior
Auron- Samurai
Yuna- White Mage
Lulu- Black Mage
Kimahri- Blue Mage
Wakka- Ranger
Rikku- Thief

Fixed.

Those are better :cat:

boys from the dwarf
03-17-2006, 09:34 AM
lulu isnt my favourite chracter but i would like to be able to cast magic so mage is my favourite.

Crossblades
03-17-2006, 02:23 PM
More accurate jobs:

Tidus- Paladin
Auron- Samurai
Yuna- White Mage/ Summoner
Lulu- Black Mage
Kimahri- Blue Mage/ Lancer
Wakka- Blitzball Player
Rikku- Thief

I don't know if I could consider Tidus a Paladin. True he uses White Magic and a Sword, but the only White Magic spells he knows is Haste, Hastega, Slow, and Slowga. If anything, I consider him more of a Warrior. But that's just me though. However, you're right about the others:)

Anyways, I vote Swordsman. I always prefer brute force anyway

Setzer Gabianni
03-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I picked Summoner for this by accident. So, my vote would go to swordsman, but I guess summoner has it's good points..

~Setzer Gabianni

4evalenne
03-21-2006, 04:15 AM
My vote summoner cuz lenne was 1.

Yuffie514
03-21-2006, 06:36 AM
despite Yuna's Grand Summon and Tidus' Swordplay overdrives, i chose Lulu to give those fiends magic torture. plus, i like how she casts magic.

DeathKnight
03-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Swordsman *grins* but Summoners(white mages) will always be my all time favs.

I think they're tied:tonberry:

Leucant
03-22-2006, 07:07 AM
I've got to go with swordsman/paladin whatever Tidus is under. He causes the most damage in my party...something like 25,000 damage against most fiends. The only reason he does is because i made he acquire all of Auron's strength nodes too...:D

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Tidus-Warrior
Auron-Samouri
Yuna-White mage/Summoner
Lulu-Black mage
Kimahri-Blue mage/Dragoon(or if you prefer the less cool lancer i guess...)
Wakka-Ranger
Rikku-Thief/Machanic

How you get Paladin out of Tidus is beyond me.(Hes too much of a wuss to be a Paladin.)Cecil. Now there was a REAL Paladin. All of my changes should be accurate enough. Tell me otherwise if you want.

Tavrobel
03-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Tidus: Generic Fighter type Hero (Paladin)
Auron: Generic BETTER version of Fighter type hero (Knight)
Yuna: White Mage/Summoner
Lulu: Black Mage
Kimahri: Blue Mage
Wakka: Ranger
Rikku: Thief

Tidus is a Paladin because he can use White Magic, no reason other than that. He would be more accurate described as a Knight (FFI Knights use White Magic up to level 3, not just restricted to curative spells like Cecil is, even if most of them are stronger than level 3). And argument against is that Paladins also use Holy Swords; the closest one Tidus comes to is Caladbolg, and Auron gets Masamune. Auron would be Knight, because of the four Breaks he can inflict (based on Steiner's class). You could also use the classes from Tactics, but I haven't bothered to play Tactics yet.

Kimahri can't be a dragoon, because he was not made to specifically kill Dragons and his Jump is an Overdrive, not a used Skill. Nor does it take 1.5 turns to do double damage while avoid all status effects.

Wakka as Ranger, now that's new. Not necessarily a bad thing, because, like Archer/Ranger, as he does inflict status ailments with a projectile weapon.

Yuna/Lulu/Rikku are dead obvious what they should be. Notice something odd? That's right, the women know exactly what they want... quite different from another game I could mention.

Back on topic; I went fighter.

Venom
03-23-2006, 12:15 AM
I vote Lulu.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-23-2006, 05:48 AM
mages and aurons are worthless... his celestial weapon has a crappy powerup...

Qh's for 99,999 own everything worth owning... Tidus w/ blitz ace, Yuna w/ Passado, Wakka with attack reels...

lulu and auron should go rot in hell and stop being everyones fav chars cuz they suck

Ramza Beoulve
03-23-2006, 06:01 AM
lulu and auron should go rot in hell and stop being everyones fav chars cuz they suck

Is your trouble, not ours

mega_tonberry
03-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Instead of Lulu and Auron rotting in hell, Tidus should go. And Auron can get minor burns.

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Tidus is a Paladin because he can use White Magic, no reason other than that. He would be more accurate described as a Knight (FFI Knights use White Magic up to level 3, not just restricted to curative spells like Cecil is, even if most of them are stronger than level 3). And argument against is that Paladins also use Holy Swords; the closest one Tidus comes to is Caladbolg, and Auron gets Masamune. Auron would be Knight, because of the four Breaks he can inflict (based on Steiner's class). You could also use the classes from Tactics, but I haven't bothered to play Tactics yet.

Kimahri can't be a dragoon, because he was not made to specifically kill Dragons and his Jump is an Overdrive, not a used Skill. Nor does it take 1.5 turns to do double damage while avoid all status effects.

I base my job classes from FFXI where theyre most accurate. Even though I understand that he has white magic speed spells, I cannot call him a paladin. In order for him to be a Paladin, he must be able to learn Cure and maybe Life/Raise. And if you get the dumb idea of combining sphere grids for this arguement you might as well call Auron a dark knight, Lulu a white mage, and Yuna a black mage/summoner.In the end A PALADIN MUST BE BLESSED BY THE GODS WITH WEAK-MEDIUM LEVEL CURATIVE SPELLS AND OTHER LOW LEVEL WHITE MAGIC SPELLS. That is the definition of a Paladin.

And no matter how much you argue, you cant change the fact that Tidus was given the backstory of a main character, but the personality of a character that always acts on impulse and should never be the main character.
Great Paladins of the FF past:
FFI-Knight(technically he is)
FFII-Firion(This was just how i played him in FFII so you dont need to count him but i do.)
FFIV-Cecil(probobly the only TRUE paladin in FF)
All main characters that deserved the name PALADIN

I am also fully aware of the fact that you must buy scrolls in FFXI. My auguement to that is that you must be a certain level for the FF GODs to grant you the ability to use that spell.

Kimahri ill give you just on the reason hes not powerful against dragons. The jump not being a skill doesnt matter. If you have jump and a spear/lance you are a dragoon or a lancer by definition.

Death Penalty
03-24-2006, 04:31 AM
Kimahri's class with its awesomely mistifyingly awesome amount of Kimahriness.

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Kimahri's class with its awesomely mistifyingly awesome amount of Kimahriness.

Well put.

Markus. D
03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
since I used the advance grid.

Lulu + Threat skill + Counter + default Tidus default Path + auto Regen + Onion Knight (break damage limit etc...) = My completion of my self set out Lulu only challenge :)

that makes her Warrior.... I still havent found a way to get to 99999 damage, but I do deal 60000 to 70000-ish.

edit: Rikku is funner to use though. so she is my faveorite.

edit edit: by deafault there classes are as follows (what there ability trees are based on).

Tidus - Warrior
Yuna - White Mage
Rikku - Rogue
Wakka - Ranger
Kimahri (spelling...) - Generic (bard if you include his buffing skills he learns and his sphere gathering techs)
Lulu - Black Mage
Auron - Palladin