PDA

View Full Version : The Butterfly Effect

darkchrono
03-14-2006, 08:45 AM
I just recently saw this movie and it was pretty interesting and thought provoking. It's about going back in time to try to change things and how it will change the present when you come back to it.

They have two different versions of it (which is basically just two different endings) and the directors cut version is alot better and really makes more sense. The theatrical version isn't nearly as good and seemed to be made just so people wouldn't be sad about how the movie ended.

Mo-Nercy
03-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I've only ever watched the theatrical version and I remember liking it a lot.

Craig
03-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I like the movie, and I think the theatrical version makes perfect sense.

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I like the movie with butterflies. I had butterflies inside my stomach.

Stayin Dizzy
03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I liked both cuts, and I prefered 2 of the alternate endings over the chosen one

~SapphireStar~
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I like the movie with butterflies. I had butterflies inside my stomach.
Either thats spam or you have your moives mixed up.

As far as I can remember, the Butterfly Effect features no butterflys at all. It looks at time travel and recurrence. I did enjoy it and for once Ashton Kutcher plays a good serious role instead of a comical character.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-14-2006, 06:19 PM
THe idea for the movie was a good one and it could have been great, but it just turned out so bad. The acting was terrible, there were plot hole all over, and by golly, it just didn't make sense!

Hi I have tumor that mets me go back in time for whatever reason lets go on an adventure whee!

No, I didn't like it.

Jess
03-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I keep meaning to see this film. I'll get around to it at some point.

So far, I've heard nothing but good feedback for it - except the last post. :grinpink:

Zeromus_X
03-14-2006, 06:36 PM
I saw bits and pieces of it on tv once...But not enough to make any sense of it. :choc2:

Winter Nights
03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
The director's cut ending was the better of the two. It was good. Not a keeper, but good.

Stayin Dizzy
03-14-2006, 06:56 PM
THe idea for the movie was a good one and it could have been great, but it just turned out so bad. The acting was terrible, there were plot hole all over, and by golly, it just didn't make sense!

Hi I have tumor that mets me go back in time for whatever reason lets go on an adventure whee!

No, I didn't like it.

I disagree in every way. Everything connected and it showed how by alerting the past you alter your future

Ashi
03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
It's been more than a year since I've seen it. I do want to watch it again, but some parts of it disturbed me. It really makes you think. But if a person keeps thinking about the past and regretting it, this movie is not for them.