PDA

View Full Version : What's so Bad About X-2?

Eiko Guy
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
i generally liked it the upbeat game broke the final fantasy cycle of being all sad all the time killing the final boss and instantly being happy evevthough they still have to rebuild half of the world( im talking to you ff9) whats bad about this game

Fynn
03-14-2006, 03:55 PM
I agree. I have no idea why most people don't like it. I liked (or even loved) the game. It was just... free. I liked the whole "Charlies Angels" atmosphere, and heck, I LOVED the concerts (Jen's 1000 Words RULEZ)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The game, in my opinion, rocks (just like nay other FF), only in a slightly different way. It all depends on ones taste.

Marluxiaswife
03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
To me nothings wrong with they game, everyone says that FFX-2 is a girly game ><
what do you expect?, YuRiPa becoming guys in the middle of the game or something? :mad: :(

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-14-2006, 04:00 PM
There is nothing exceedingly wrong with the game, it's just the little things that get on your nerves a little. Ok, a lot. There are a lot of lame ‘one liners’ and poorly thought out dialogue that kills the feel on occasion. Otherwise, the storyline is decent, the game play is fantastic (except for the fact that they concentrated all of the difficulty into one dungeon), the insane amount of side quests are for the most part entertaining and the non-linear feel exponentially increases the replay value. Apart from the travesty that is '1000 no Kotoba', the music was decent, even though it would have been nice to hear some traditional FF themes in there somewhere (are they EVER going to bring back the prologue/ending theme?)

No where near as terrible as it’s made out to be, although certainly not as good as FFX.

Jsb01
03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't like the woredrobe.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Really? I thought it was rather clever the way the modernized the classic jobs.

IceAngel
03-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I thought the game was alright but I personally preferred ffX. This is because most of the game seemed to revolve around how good the girls looked. ie 'dressup'. Again, I didn't hate the game but I thought square had gone a bit too far into making the characters more girly. Some points I expected a sleepover to be the next mission. Not all though. :)

Setzer Gabianni
03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Bad points:

- It was girly. Only being able to use girls was either A) For the perverted males B) Or for the girly girls. I am not included in either point A or B.
- Too easy. How lame the last bosses were.
-Pointless sidequests. Clasko anyone?
- Yuna being an attention whore - all the game was about her getting a bigger ego boost and looking for her lover boy.

However..
- Dresspheres were good
- Gippal, Baralai and Nooj were scrummylicious.
-I liked the whole New Yevon + Youth League rivalry.

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I shall begin my FF X-2 rant.

First off a lot of people said it was easy. I can't veryfiy this since i finished only a few misisons before the game started to piss me off. The maps seemed almost exactly like X's, and while I must admit it be wierd if they were completly different since its the same world so not avery valid point. The dialoge was crap. The three main girls were annoying as hell, the dressphere system irked me. Very much so. Don't know why but it did. And since I don't feel like using spoiler text right now i will just warn you. You go throught the game a few times to get 100% story doing all this stupid tedius tasks listening to all the crap dialogue and stupid characters just so you can get a whiney annoying blonde dude who doesn't even exist in your party for he is a dream. When I heard that was the end I was pissed. I wasn't going to put up with a crap game that much longer for that.

On a positive not some of the songs were cool and Rikku was pretty hot.

a nirvana fan
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
All my friends hate FFX-2...im the only one who likes it...I like a lot, its great and feels more fresh than the normal RPG

Eiko Guy
03-14-2006, 08:22 PM
setzer:it would have been weird for it to be two girls and a guy cuz he wouldve seemed girly
the last bosses arent hard when you spam darkness and curaga but if you use the techniques that arent meant to go crazy like charon i bet you wont think theyre easy then
it's yuna's story next your gonna say sora needs to back off let donald have a life

corncracker: the maps have to be the same or the nerds are gonna be like " now sir after they destroyed sn why is the moonflow one foot narrower are we supposed to believe that they magically for no reason made it smaller :: nerdlaugh::
not all hero's are good at making lines but those three were the game is meant to be fun you know duck soup duck what if the three main girls irked you you wouldnt have bought the game cuz you would've hated rikku and yuna from X
the dressphere was meant to be new it's the same as the sphere grid just a bigger boost
sidequests are all meaningless if they had meaning they would be mandatory like killing omega in all games you don't have to but you want to is killing 20 tonberries wworth getting tonberry king in 8 kinda but you do it because you choose to

Jsb01: the cllothes rocked unless youre a womans rights activist even though virtual girls dont need rights

The Devourer Of World: i know i want to hear the new version of that song

i can make a great lawyer

MisterRikku
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I really enjoyed it from start to finish. As for it being a girls game, I thought it was fun playing dress up, instead of all that macho crap thats constantly in games. The whole Charlies Angels feeling was fantastic.
It was a nice change for the FF series.
Plus as it was a sequel it was always gonna get some stick for not being FFX (sequels always get stick)!
For me it was an excellent game, i loved it!!
:)

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey, i mention it be weird withouth the maps Eiko. And those two weren't quite as annoying in X. It just got worse. So Hah! And I didn't like sphere grid. I only bot the game cause my friend was saying it was better than X which was only a mediocer game to me. Last time I listen to some dude who loves ICP.Which makes me wonder why he liked it so much? ICP and Yuna don't seem to go hand in hand to me.

Tavrobel
03-14-2006, 08:54 PM
i can make a great lawyer

No. You make a statement without any backup, and expect people to listen to you. REAL lawyers lie.

setzer:it would have been weird for it to be two girls and a guy cuz he wouldve seemed girly
the last bosses arent hard when you spam darkness and curaga but if you use the techniques that arent meant to go crazy like charon i bet you wont think theyre easy then

A REAL boss knows what to do and can adapt to what you spam, or at least is not completely predictable in all his actions. And for 2 girls and a guy, being all wierd and all. What do you call Paine? That's right, a guy in woman's clothing. His testicles never descended at birth, meaning that he's immune to Testosterone. A guy in woman's clothing, indeed.

corncracker: the maps have to be the same or the nerds are gonna be like " now sir after they destroyed sn why is the moonflow one foot narrower are we supposed to believe that they magically for no reason made it smaller :: nerdlaugh::

It's nice to know WHY something happens. Normal people don't really notice it, if they do, then it's not a problem. REAL nerds say that the people who worked at SquareEnix were getting lazy, so they made it 1 foot narrower, but it's even lazier to recycle ALL of the graphics from FFX.

not all hero's are good at making lines but those three were the game is meant to be fun you know duck soup duck what if the three main girls irked you you wouldnt have bought the game cuz you would've hated rikku and yuna from X
the dressphere was meant to be new it's the same as the sphere grid just a bigger boost

Of course not, if we expected a one liner from all the characters, which characters would we have to laugh at for being pathetic excuses for having a brain? And Rikku and Yuna are much more hatable in FFX-2 than in FFX.

Jsb01: the cllothes rocked unless youre a womans rights activist even though virtual girls dont need rights

No, they didn't. It was a pathetic attempt to buy new gamers into the fold with absolute sex appeal, and close to what seems like softcore. If I wanted THAT from a Final Fantasy, which I expect very little and that it be done tastefully, then I would watch the OC. (and I do, it's awesome)

Now I can explain why FFX-2 isn't good, and I can explain why it is good. The latter is most certainly not my own position, but I will defend it in my statement to the best of my ability.

I will need to double post, one for a reaction, and one for a statement. Sorry in advance to the Mods and Admins.

Jsb01
03-14-2006, 08:56 PM
thank you Tavrobel for explaining what I did not have the patience to explain.

McLovin'
03-14-2006, 09:11 PM
The real question here is...what is so good about X-2.

Tavrobel
03-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Let us first establish who likes FFX-2; the newer generation, they haven't been exposed to the drama and quality that is the old school. Many of them claim that the graphics burn their eyes out, and many of them are slow compared to the newer games (no, really, they are). But human emotion, drama, makings of a great novel such as character development, plot, storyline; THIS is what we expect from a Final Fantasy. They try to gather in a new generation of FF lovers, from pure smut alone. If you compared FFX-2 to every other game in the world, it would rank pretty high; even its faults elevate it above other games. But it is NOT what one expects of FF.

Unfortunately it worked, and considering SquareEnix's track record, its long time fans aren't going to let go of the series for this crap. We will most certainly complain about it. Was it a mistake top SquareEnix to release this game? Not to its shareholders and those who profit from the game. For its fans, it was a step back from making good games and wanting to tell the good story, to getting money for the sake of temporary fame and loads of money that we will never use. Yeah, people should be compensated for their services, but to make them slaves to the establishment for the promise of money alone, is basically ushering in a new age of slavery and oppression. "Virtual girls don't need rights, because they are objects and property.". That means black people never needed them either in the States.

In comparison to FFX, FFX-2 lacks utterly, and horribly, in many ways. People come in, expecting the same thing from FFX to be in FFX-2, but, no. We are given this crap. If you don't know what you are missing, then how do you know that it is good?

The plotline offers closure for the people that enjoyed FFX. It combines great love stories, and intricate conspiracy to overwhlem the player. A new dungeon is made separate from the game, simply for the sake of challenge.

I'm an Imperial General, not some love starved twit!

Indeed. We are not love starved, most of us are. If I wanted to cry, I would watch Field of Dreams. If I were a girl, then I would watch The Notebook.
We've all seen conspiracy before, what do you call modern politics? And this new dungeon, is a smattering of random giant enemies that do random amounts of damage that are guaranteed to kill you. Hard = challenging, that you have to waste items, time, and strategy. Cheap = automatic kills that get past Ribbon, and are used FREQUENTLY. It would be ok if we should more easily obtain Hero Drinks, then all the status ailments would get us killed on fair ground. But you can only get 4 a game. Gyp.
FFX-2 destroys any credibility that FFX establishes. The pain that we feel when Tidus disappears and re-appears at the end after the credits, is the emotion we have for the characters not real? No, of course not, because we all know that we don't have to sacrifice anything to get what we want. That most certainly emobodies the lesson of history. (heard of a war, anyone?)

No one ever won a war by dying for his country, they won by making the OTHER guy die for HIS country.

The battle system is also alienating to most old school gamers (not PSXers, mind you). Speed and button mashing, compared to thought and strategy, and resetting every five minutes because that damned Giant Rat won't die even when you hit it for what seems like 400 times, and lacking mana, and you don't feel like exiting the cave to get more levels. Ok, so FFX had new stuff, and return to the old school Turn based system, but it made it work. FFX-2 does not. And the mumor that FFX-2 is almost straight out of Family Guy, by having long discourses about nothig to do with the plot, or add anything to it. It doesn't work for FFX-2 either!

Also the plot wasn't all that great. Any symbolism that went deeper than "look at us, we are sluts!" was already present in FFX, which was better anyways. Many of the nonsensical plotholes stuck out, and makes you wonder, "why do them"?

My brain is fried right now trying to get all the anger out of my system for even thinking of defending this steaming pile of crap. I'll finish with any new points that come up in this thread later. If you didn't like sopme of the language I used, I apologize. I had to restrain myself from typing out what I really wanted to say. I was afraid of the BAN.

Plus as it was a sequel it was always gonna get some stick for not being FFX (sequels always get stick)!

What about Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross? FFX-2 wasn't the first sequel ever made by Square, despite the many people I know that say it. And I don't EVER recall hearing any stick from Cross compared to Trigger, unless a friend was complaining about the same thing that was in both.

mega_tonberry
03-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Let us first establish who likes FFX-2; the newer generation, they haven't been exposed to the drama and quality that is the old school. Many of them claim that the graphics burn their eyes out, and many of them are slow compared to the newer games (no, really, they are). But human emotion, drama, makings of a great novel such as character development, plot, storyline; THIS is what we expect from a Final Fantasy. They try to gather in a new generation of FF lovers, from pure smut alone. If you compared FFX-2 to every other game in the world, it would rank pretty high; even its faults elevate it above other games. But it is NOT what one expects of FF.

Unfortunately it worked, and considering SquareEnix's track record, its long time fans aren't going to let go of the series for this crap. We will most certainly complain about it. Was it a mistake top SquareEnix to release this game? Not to its shareholders and those who profit from the game. For its fans, it was a step back from making good games and wanting to tell the good story, to getting money for the sake of temporary fame and loads of money that we will never use. Yeah, people should be compensated for their services, but to make them slaves to the establishment for the promise of money alone, is basically ushering in a new age of slavery and oppression. "Virtual girls don't need rights, because they are objects and property.". That means black people never needed them either in the States.

In comparison to FFX, FFX-2 lacks utterly, and horribly, in many ways. People come in, expecting the same thing from FFX to be in FFX-2, but, no. We are given this crap. If you don't know what you are missing, then how do you know that it is good?

The plotline offers closure for the people that enjoyed FFX. It combines great love stories, and intricate conspiracy to overwhlem the player. A new dungeon is made separate from the game, simply for the sake of challenge.

Indeed. We are not love starved, most of us are. If I wanted to cry, I would watch Field of Dreams. If I were a girl, then I would watch The Notebook.
We've all seen conspiracy before, what do you call modern politics? And this new dungeon, is a smattering of random giant enemies that do random amounts of damage that are guaranteed to kill you. Hard = challenging, that you have to waste items, time, and strategy. Cheap = automatic kills that get past Ribbon, and are used FREQUENTLY. It would be ok if we should more easily obtain Hero Drinks, then all the status ailments would get us killed on fair ground. But you can only get 4 a game. Gyp.
FFX-2 destroys any credibility that FFX establishes. The pain that we feel when Tidus disappears and re-appears at the end after the credits, is the emotion we have for the characters not real? No, of course not, because we all know that we don't have to sacrifice anything to get what we want. That most certainly emobodies the lesson of history. (heard of a war, anyone?)

No one ever won a war by dying for his country, they won by making the OTHER guy die for HIS country.

The battle system is also alienating to most old school gamers (not PSXers, mind you). Speed and button mashing, compared to thought and strategy, and resetting every five minutes because that damned Giant Rat won't die even when you hit it for what seems like 400 times, and lacking mana, and you don't feel like exiting the cave to get more levels. Ok, so FFX had new stuff, and return to the old school Turn based system, but it made it work. FFX-2 does not. And the mumor that FFX-2 is almost straight out of Family Guy, by having long discourses about nothig to do with the plot, or add anything to it. It doesn't work for FFX-2 either!

Also the plot wasn't all that great. Any symbolism that went deeper than "look at us, we are sluts!" was already present in FFX, which was better anyways. Many of the nonsensical plotholes stuck out, and makes you wonder, "why do them"?

My brain is fried right now trying to get all the anger out of my system for even thinking of defending this steaming pile of crap. I'll finish with any new points that come up in this thread later. If you didn't like sopme of the language I used, I apologize. I had to restrain myself from typing out what I really wanted to say. I was afraid of the BAN.

What about Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross? FFX-2 wasn't the first sequel ever made by Square, despite the many people I know that say it. And I don't EVER recall hearing any stick from Cross compared to Trigger, unless a friend was complaining about the same thing that was in both.
*nods yes*exactly

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 09:54 PM

I give you a standing ovation for saying that in words I could never come up with

Tavrobel
03-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I would add more about Rikku and Yuna becoming prostitues, and how Rikku is now the dumb blonde every good sex appeal game needs but it has been said before. No need to add except this little addition...

Wait!? What's that? Rikku says:

This is a toughie!

Yeah, she's still dumb. Wait a minute...
Wasn't she trying to challenge a 1000 year old belief, that seemingly had no way out, and WITHOUT Tidus and Auron's knowledge of Sin and Jecht, and how everything works? AND she's trying to save her cousin, who I'm convinced she cared about? Yeah, she was ALWAYS dumb...

Moon Rabbits
03-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Tavrobel got it all right, except for the fact FF5 had a sequel...it was loosely connected, about 2 kids protecting the last crystal (wind) because the rest had been stolen...it was an anime cartoon, and the first true FF direct sequel.

Dreddz
03-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Nothing IMO, the theme was a bit ...... you know. But I liked the change of pace.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
03-14-2006, 11:22 PM

The answer to why do them is simple they are sluts. But I love you man.

Originally Posted by Rikku, at the Clam Lands Travel Agency, after Tidus tells her to come up with a plan to save Yuna:
This is a toughie!

Yeah, she's still dumb. Wait a minute...
Wasn't she trying to challenge a 1000 year old belief, that seemingly had no way out, and WITHOUT Tidus and Auron's knowledge of Sin and Jecht, and how everything works? AND she's trying to save her cousin, who I'm convinced she cared about? Yeah, she was ALWAYS dumb...
Tavrovel my man.

Venom
03-14-2006, 11:39 PM
It failed to live up to the standards it was given.

Thus, Not many people like it.

Markus. D
03-15-2006, 01:12 AM
the only thing I have a problem about in this game is Leblanc, Logos and Ormi.

other then that, this game is awesome.

DeathKnight
03-15-2006, 04:10 AM
the only thing I have a problem about in this game is Leblanc, Logos and Ormi.

other then that, this game is awesome.

My thoughts exactly.

Setzer Gabianni
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM
it's yuna's story next your gonna say sora needs to back off let donald have a life

^ Sorry, but even thought somebody went and tried to explain what this meant, I still don't get it. o.O

~Setzer Gabianni

Eiko Guy
03-15-2006, 03:46 PM
+corncracker : if you say you bought a FF becase your friend says it was cool thats final fantasy felony man -( see that you made him sad only the fist time is ok

Tavrobel: i know fighting omega and ultima weapon from VIII and he went into a pattern no curaga or anything like that yet he's in the boss hall of fame, Paine is a girl and very feminine why else would she play dress up.the new generation plays old games like me i'm 14 and i played 1,2,6,8,9,10,10-2 the new games are better they show emotion and pain because kids don't just buy final fantasy the buy it if it has high scores so they put emotion into it so the real critics will give it a good score and someone new will try to play it. paine is made to be mysterious and rikku and yuna have already been developed so why do it again.whoa im black you cant say something like that you cant compare a living breathing black person to a pixilated girl.i just got the real reason why people hate x-2 it's because it's not as good as ten but its not as good as ten because youre expecting it to be just like it and that is hard to make a good game just like another without mimicing it and fanboys calling it a waste of money. the dungeon is hard because its optional if they wanted to have another easy dungeon with weak monsters they could have but that would have sucked anus the 4 hero drink limit is meant to make a challenge dont want to breeze through it or it'll be too easy the extra plot is the most important plot it's supposed to show you that spira is moving on after sin is gone and how they are trying to get it back together. of course you can feel a girls pain when she loses him but not when she cant get him back

sorry setzer i meant 2 girls and a guy would have been kinda weird cuz he be playing dress up come on. the last bosses are as hard as you want them to be with cry in the night and darkness used over and iver you could kill setzer and kefka ( setzer first cuz he sux) i just dont like him anyway rikku and yuna are not sluts would sluts have hentai on them no they would get paid for the real thing

Old Manus
03-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah, there is nothing wrong with X-2, it is the best game ever.

Tavrobel
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Tavrobel: i know fighting omega and ultima weapon from VIII and he went into a pattern no curaga or anything like that yet he's in the boss hall of fame, Paine is a girl and very feminine why else would she play dress up.the new generation plays old games like me i'm 14 and i played 1,2,6,8,9,10,10-2 the new games are better they show emotion and pain because kids don't just buy final fantasy the buy it if it has high scores so they put emotion into it so the real critics will give it a good score and someone new will try to play it. paine is made to be mysterious and rikku and yuna have already been developed so why do it again.whoa im black you cant say something like that you cant compare a living breathing black person to a pixilated girl.i just got the real reason why people hate x-2 it's because it's not as good as ten but its not as good as ten because youre expecting it to be just like it and that is hard to make a good game just like another without mimicing it and fanboys calling it a waste of money. the dungeon is hard because its optional if they wanted to have another easy dungeon with weak monsters they could have but that would have sucked anus the 4 hero drink limit is meant to make a challenge dont want to breeze through it or it'll be too easy the extra plot is the most important plot it's supposed to show you that spira is moving on after sin is gone and how they are trying to get it back together. of course you can feel a girls pain when she loses him but not when she cant get him back

I don't consider Omega and Ultima to be in the hall of fame at all. The battle was painfully easy. If it is predictable, then at least be a challenge, not random damages that automatically kill your characters without a second thought. It's ok if it does 9999+, as long as it is consistent, in some form or fashion. If it meganukes the attack every turn, that's alright, as long as there is a way to survive at least one of the attacks. (Yunalesca's Mega-Death; used often, but being a zombie stops it, and technically, it should heal you, but FFX doesn't need that thorn sticking out).
And yeah, I can say slaves are like pixilated characters, because at one point, they were considered property, not people. If I wanted to relate real, live, breathing black people now, I would have said so (and gotten shot by my friend in the process).
And as I said, FFX-2 is good if you compare it to everything else, but to the other FFs, it does not stand a chance. It not need mimic, but whatever you put into it, it must work. FFX-2 has many elements that make it great... unfortunately, these qualities don't work together to make a greater, more cohesive game. It's just like a chemical formula without heat, electricity, a catalyst, etc...
As for the Hero Drink, one could add a monster that had a 1/256 drop rate. No one said they had to be completely unlimited, just hard to obtain, rather than have them as a missable one time item. (You can't even use them in the same game as you acquire them).
The last point about Yuna's pain, is that she can get Tidus back. This most certainly follows the path of history of flawless victories 100% of the time. So, uhh, Waterloo... great day for Napoleon. He won EVERYTHING he wanted, with minimal loss. Wait, he lost something (soldiers); that completely disproves my last paragraph. Every victory is a loss, and every loss is an uber unfun pain.
The plot itself is not a nuisance (I enjoy the whole idea that Yuna is trying to fix a planet that has no idea what to do, what they are used to and lived with is now gone, a constant has gone missing, and they are trying to rebuild). It's not the story, it's the process in which it proceeded. Paine just copies Charlie's Angels, so I don't REALLY have a problem with that, but it can get... rather annoying.
The original intent of MAKING FF, was to convey emotion, and to survive. What we have here, is another case of going mad with power, depending on your loyal fans to support you, and using pop culture to attract new players with perverted, and soft-core-esque plotlines. You say yourself, that emotion is the main point of the story. Besides moping around "ohh, I can't live without Tidus", she could try doing something about it without other incentive, or moving on, rather than staying stuck on the same process over and over. Every victory has a loss; it's a fact of life.

DeathKnight
03-16-2006, 05:02 AM

I don't consider Omega and Ultima to be in the hall of fame at all. The battle was painfully easy. If it is predictable, then at least be a challenge, not random damages that automatically kill your characters without a second thought. It's ok if it does 9999+, as long as it is consistent, in some form or fashion. If it meganukes the attack every turn, that's alright, as long as there is a way to survive at least one of the attacks. (Yunalesca's Mega-Death; used often, but being a zombie stops it, and technically, it should heal you, but FFX doesn't need that thorn sticking out).
And yeah, I can say slaves are like pixilated characters, because at one point, they were considered property, not people. If I wanted to relate real, live, breathing black people now, I would have said so (and gotten shot by my friend in the process).
And as I said, FFX-2 is good if you compare it to everything else, but to the other FFs, it does not stand a chance. It not need mimic, but whatever you put into it, it must work. FFX-2 has many elements that make it great... unfortunately, these qualities don't work together to make a greater, more cohesive game. It's just like a chemical formula without heat, electricity, a catalyst, etc...
As for the Hero Drink, one could add a monster that had a 1/256 drop rate. No one said they had to be completely unlimited, just hard to obtain, rather than have them as a missable one time item. (You can't even use them in the same game as you acquire them).
The last point about Yuna's pain, is that she can get Tidus back. This most certainly follows the path of history of flawless victories 100% of the time. So, uhh, Waterloo... great day for Napoleon. He won EVERYTHING he wanted, with minimal loss. Wait, he lost something (soldiers); that completely disproves my last paragraph. Every victory is a loss, and every loss is an uber unfun pain.
The plot itself is not a nuisance (I enjoy the whole idea that Yuna is trying to fix a planet that has no idea what to do, what they are used to and lived with is now gone, a constant has gone missing, and they are trying to rebuild). It's not the story, it's the process in which it proceeded. Paine just copies Charlie's Angels, so I don't REALLY have a problem with that, but it can get... rather annoying.
The original intent of MAKING FF, was to convey emotion, and to survive. What we have here, is another case of going mad with power, depending on your loyal fans to support you, and using pop culture to attract new players with perverted, and soft-core-esque plotlines. You say yourself, that emotion is the main point of the story. Besides moping around "ohh, I can't live without Tidus", she could try doing something about it without other incentive, or moving on, rather than staying stuck on the same process over and over. Every victory has a loss; it's a fact of life.

SO RPGs are about battles??????? Gimme a break, starting from FFVII, FFs have ALWAYS been story based, fuck the fighting.

You wanna talk 'bout hard RPGs, Shin Megami Tensei is what you should be talking 'bout:fencing:

Eiko Guy
03-16-2006, 04:23 PM
thank you deathknight and i love shin megami i borrowed it for a day and was hooked

anyway tavrobel if they arent i know angra mainyu or whatever is and he is easy like the rest because of cry in the knight and charon

wingHEART
03-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Overall, the game was alright. The music, graphics, and battlesystem were pretty good..but I was really disapointed by boss battles, the only one that was a challenge was Paragon. I have to say I was really disapointed with the final boss battles, I expected a tough fight..
some of the dialogue was kind of dumb (and I mean, actually stupid..like when YRP goes to Besaid for the first time and you and Lulu take a walk, and Lulu says, "What was so important that you had to run off without telling us?" and Yuna holds out the sphere with Him on it and says "This..." And then Lulu goes, "The sphere. Wakka told me about it." If you already know, why would you ask?)
It was a fun game to play, but there was room for improvement IMO. Although they definitly improved on how Yuna speaks (In contrast to pausing every 3 words.)

Eiko Guy
03-16-2006, 08:17 PM
see ther you go someone that sees what's wong but isnt flaming the game

Tavrobel
03-16-2006, 08:33 PM
SO RPGs are about battles??????? Gimme a break, starting from FFVII, FFs have ALWAYS been story based, smurf the fighting.

You wanna talk 'bout hard RPGs, Shin Megami Tensei is what you should be talking 'bout:fencing:

Did you COMPLETELY miss the argument? (Star Ocean 3 is still better, AND more challenging, I'm no fan of randomly generated numbers that do amounts guaranteed to kill you)
We weren't (originally) arguing about game difficulty (of which there is very little). RPGs are not entirely about battles. What you missed is the rest of my argument; that the story is not as good as any of the others.
Ok, so you claim after FFVII, they are all about STORY. As you said, story based, therefore CHARACTERS do not count, because they are not STORY (only a part of). I also have a feeling you did not play FFVI either. If you think that FF after FFVII was always about STORY, then you missed this game, and should stop talking. The story in FFVI easily trounces anything after VII, and is where your defense of the FFX-2 STORY should begin.
Ok, for instance, let's say you meant PLOT, instead of STORY. The plot is still not good, and I explained why, already. In summary
a) Yuna is a prostitue, bad, mal
b) the message of the game is"do anything you want without fear of loss, or if you do something wrong, then it can easily be fixed"
c) there's more but too lazy to type it out

In a severe need to quote myself, DeathKnight, I will answer your question.

The original intent of MAKING FF, was to convey emotion, and to survive. What we have here, is another case of going mad with power, depending on your loyal fans to support you, and using pop culture to attract new players with perverted, and soft-core-esque plotlines.

Also, you claim it is ALWAYS about story after FFVII. I just remembered; WAIT A MINUTE!? They tripled Sephiroth's HP when Cloud is level 97+? How is that NOT an attempt to make the difficulty more difficult? (at least, at level 99). Therefore, you have been disproven by Square itself; if the game was completely about PLOT, then why would they attempt to make the battle system at least, somewhat difficult, and to triple his HP at the end? Yeah, because the final duel with Sephiroth is 50 minute cutscene, not a multi-stepping battle.

anyway tavrobel if they arent i know angra mainyu or whatever is and he is easy like the rest because of cry in the knight and charon

Charon kills off your own character, and without BDL, is very useless. 9999x3 < 333444. I love doing a total of 5 digit damage without any remaining characters, against a boss with 6 digits. Technically, Angra Mainyu is an optional boss; because you do not need to complete Bikanel Chapter 5 to complete the game. By level 50, he is no longer a challenge. Anything under, and he is actually difficult. Too bad Cry in the Night consumes MP, so I don't bother to use it. I refer to perpetual, free healing with Alchemist's Stash.

Venom
03-16-2006, 10:35 PM
No really we mean no harm to anyones planet.:eek:

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-16-2006, 11:49 PM
There was something wrong for me to say "Trema killed me several times when I went to Via Infinito Infinity Floor. Angra Mainyu too. But four Bold Level 5 Chobos searched Calm Lands, it did not happen".

Yuna_wannabe
03-17-2006, 01:47 AM
i generally liked it the upbeat game broke the final fantasy cycle of being all sad all the time killing the final boss and instantly being happy evevthough they still have to rebuild half of the world( im talking to you ff9) whats bad about this game

I agree, It was a really girly game and very bubbly for the Final Fantasy Games but i think that Final Fantasy needed a good bubbly happy ending That makes sense. It was a really good game!

boys from the dwarf
03-17-2006, 09:45 AM
this is exactly what i think of the game. its badly written ,the storyline isnt interesting , the characters are annoying and i hate it everytime someone so much as opens their mouth and the sequel just wasn't needed.the battle system is o.k but i dont like it because it doesnt display the stats very well.the job system is good but not the best of the FF job systems. the battles are easy and even the optional super bosses arent too difficult.the character cast is far too small and seems to have a girly feel to it(not being sexist because i know most girls hate things that people consider girly.)there was no real mystery or suspense and nothing that actually made me want to play on unlike the other FFs.overall its a bad game.

Tavrobel
03-17-2006, 03:27 PM
well right now you have a big decision to make that may alter the rest of your life as illustrated in this diagram:
http://www.freewebs.com/twoleftsocks/choices.JPG
I think you can make the right choice.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Because you know, that has so much relevence to this topic...

Tavrobel
03-17-2006, 03:39 PM
What I am trying to say, is that people need to play the old games.

It's got more relevance than we know what to do with it.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, I concede that in order for FFX-2 fans to completely appreciate the job system, they should probably have played FFI, FFIII and FFV. Although playing FFVI probably won't change they opinion on the game. FFVI is very different in style to FFX-2, thus it's very possibly that FFX-2 fans might not enjoy FFVI.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 01:17 AM
What I am trying to say, is that people need to play the old games.

It's got more relevance than we know what to do with it.

hahaha your campaing makes me laugh:lol: :lol: :lol: :kaolaugh:

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 01:45 AM
What are you laughin about DeathKnight. Tav is right.

Tavrobel
03-18-2006, 03:23 AM
I couldn't find a way to efit out the FFVI part and just put in "any old school FF game", because for some reason, I don't have PAINT on my computer.

Shiny
03-18-2006, 03:53 AM
What's so bad about Final Fantasy X-2?
Just look at the pics below.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-18-2006, 03:57 AM
And yet what they are wearing is probably more conservative than what women wear in 80% of all games that come out of Japan.

Death Penalty
03-18-2006, 04:52 AM
And yet what they are wearing is probably more conservative than what women wear in 80% of all games that come out of Japan.
And in America its much less conservative

Kaspian K
03-18-2006, 05:57 AM
I think that some people had a problem with the somewhat girlie, "Charlie's Angels" vibe of the game, but doing so completely overlooks the happygolucky nature of the game.

I've been playing the series since it first came out in North America in 1990, and the one thing it has always had was overwhelmingly serious undertones. There was always some big bad something or other threatening the world, and all of the characters took this threat so earnestly.

FFX-2 almost felt like satire, and a way to poke fun of Final Fantasy. It's like the developers said, "Yeah, we know we've been a bit too serious in the past, so let's have some fun now." That in mind, I found FFX-2 to be the most refreshing installment in the entire series.

Ouch!
03-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I was against the idea of FFX-2 from the beginning. I absolutely loved FFX's ending. It bums me out that people need to have a happy ending to every story. That's exactly what FFX-2 was--a happy ending to a story that didn't need one.

Even if I hadn't been so against FFX-2 in the first place simply because I knew it was going to ruin FFX's wonderful ending, I still would have disliked the game, mostly for reasons that have already been mentioned: shoddy dialog, annoying characters, recycled maps, and a shallow excuse for a plot.

Granted, the gameplay itself was fun. I enjoyed the battle system even if it leaned towards button mashing. However, I play RPGs in hopes of a good plot. There's plenty of other options if I want a mindless game that's just fun to play. Obviously, FFX-2's weak plotline ruined it for me.

I try to understand what people enjoy about FFX-2. It seems, though, that almost everything they point out as a good thing in the game, I dislike. I chalk it up to vastly different tastes.

Zeromus_X
03-18-2006, 07:10 AM
The main reasons I don't like it is that it's an actual sequel to an FF game, which is a big broken tradition. (But with most of the original developers gone, isn't such a surprise..) Oh well...:cat:

DMKA
03-18-2006, 09:45 AM
It bums me out that people need to have a happy ending to every story.
Please be so kind as to explain how FFVII's, the most popular game in the series, ending was happy?

It was fun, but it should of never been made. FFX, in my opinion, ended perfectly, better than any of the others...then FFX-2's "good" ending comes along and pretty much...destroys all emotional impact FFX's ending had on me beforehand.

Sure, I love the game, but my main beefs with it were:

- Severe lack of challenge.
- The music in general.
- The complete failure to use any of the dresspheres to their full potential because of the lack of challenge.
- The lack of story depth.
- The unholy raping of the best ff minigame to date, blitzball.
- The way the percentage system is cool but nearly impossible to complete without a guide of some sort.

I really liked some things about it. I liked the percentage system and how so many different things can happen and not happen, multiple paths, ect. I loved the battle system to death...the best battle system in the series as far as I'm concerned. If nothing else was memorable in the game, the battle system was. I liked the multiple endings, though I thought it was stupid how pressing x at the right time in the middle of the game determined which one you got/didn't get. I really, really loved how there were alot of refferences to the older FF games in it (i.e, Yuna's Gun Mage victory pose ;)), and I loved the transformations and how much time was put into each different outfit. The single worst thing about the game to me would have to be how blatantly LAZY they were in alot of areas. Ninety percent of the monsters are just recycled models from FFX, including alot of bosses. Some bosses seemed to be thrown in there pointlessly just to reuse old ones (particularly, when you first get into the Bevelle underground with the Leblanc Syndicate), and some were just renamed with their colors changed. Alot of FFX bosses were just reused as normal enemies (i.e the Omega Weapon) and didn't even have their name changed and STILL had their full long boss death, and all the bosses in the Via Infinito, save the last one, were done in this fashion.

I say X-2 is a good game, and superior to the other FFs in it's own areas, but it definitely has it's (big) flaws and I still would of rather had it not been made. None the less my time on it is higher than any other game I've ever played, which says something to me.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 02:59 PM
It's a STUPID discussion of whether you want a sad stupid UNFINISHED ending with no closure at all??? Or whether you preffer an ending with CLOSURE and so happyness AROUND it.

ONe sentence STAYS true to EVERY FF, they didn't make it for you.

As much as I hate FFVII, they didn't make it for me, so so be it.

PS: I preffer closure in EVERY damn game I play:tonberry:

Venom
03-18-2006, 03:20 PM
As far as RPGs go X-2 Failed.

As far as X-2 being in another category It might have been a good game.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 03:26 PM

Hey listen all! God has bestoyed his words upon us.

Stop acting as if you're the final word:trout:

I can easily do the same and say: As far as RPGs go Final Fantasy X-2 kicked major ass and refreshed the genre in a good way:tonberry:

Venom
03-18-2006, 03:41 PM

Hey listen all! God has bestoyed his words upon us.

Stop acting as if you're the final word:trout:

I can easily do the same and say: As far as RPGs go Final Fantasy X-2 kicked major ass and refreshed the genre in a good way:tonberry:

I'm not acting as the final word, I'm saying what I think of the game.
If I were acting as the final word I probably would have said my views and then said "Thats it period".

Shoden
03-18-2006, 03:45 PM
The story sucked, and the battle system sucked, there could of been alot more characters and could of been a bigger game. DK, if you're going to argue at least argue about something you know you're talking about not some final word of god or something, this is why FFX-2 is bad, not some religious thing that has nothing to do with the topic, I only liked this game for obvious reasons :jokey:.

Venom
03-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Maybe if they had entered X-2 in some other category of gaming people may have appreciated more, or not.

Ouch!
03-18-2006, 05:19 PM
It bums me out that people need to have a happy ending to every story.
Please be so kind as to explain how FFVII's, the most popular game in the series, ending was happy?
Advent Children anyone?

Besides, saying that people need to have a happy ending to every story doesn't mean that they always get one. In this case, they did.

YTDN
03-18-2006, 05:39 PM

*agrees*

Here is my short review

Story: 2/10. I could describe that plot in 5 points. And I will.
1. Girl sad about missing boyfriend:cry:
2. Girl fall into hole and find guy sad about missing girlfriend. :cry: Guy think girl is missing girlfriend, and says he is going to blow up the world coz he luvs her:sweatdrop
3.Girl and friends destoyr guy and guy is reunited with missing girlfriend.
4. Girl is reunited with missing boyfriend.
5. And the all live happliy ever after.

Charcters: 0/10 They ripped off Yuna, the villian sucked, and the outfits? :shifty:

Gameplay: 7/10 Actually good. But again, the outfits?

Extras: 0/0 sidequest... overload.... arggghhhh *bursts into flames*. And a lot of those sidequests just seemed to be invented to drive me insane.

music: 1/10 sucked. Only one good song, the 1000 words piano. And there wasn't even a final boss theme!

Overall:2/10The game sucked. This game would have gotten a 0 if it wasn't for the gameplay and one musical piece.

DeathKnight
03-18-2006, 06:32 PM

*agrees*

Here is my short review

2. Girl fall into hole and find guy sad about missing girlfriend. :cry: Guy think girl is missing girlfriend, and says he is going to blow up the world coz he luvs her:sweatdrop

Charcters: 0/10 They ripped off Yuna, the villian sucked, and the outfits? :shifty:

Extras: 0/0 sidequest... overload.... arggghhhh *bursts into flames*. And a lot of those sidequests just seemed to be invented to drive me insane.

music: 1/10 sucked. Only one good song, the 1000 words piano. And there wasn't even a final boss theme!

Overall:2/10The game sucked. This game would have gotten a 0 if it wasn't for the gameplay and one musical piece.

It's good to know this is just an opinion:trout:

As big as it looks it's just a bunch if BIAS.

You'll do better with proffessional reviews at IGN.com:choc2: :choc2: :choc2:

kikimm
03-18-2006, 07:15 PM
If you know it's just an opinion, why don't you stop taking it so seriously and getting worked up about it. Try to relax a little bit.

Anyways, I pretty much agree with everything DMKA said about the game.

DMKA
03-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Advent Children anyone?
Have you even seen it? Apparently not, because it was in no way happy. More people died and everyone who already died stayed dead, and their deaths were just reinforced.

I don't think it's a matter of people "needing a happy ending" at all. It's more of a matter of because the developers felt like it and figured it would sell. And it did.

Death Penalty
03-19-2006, 02:58 PM

*agrees*

Here is my short review

Thats one of the best reviews for this game I have ever seen that wasnt made by assholes. That was very accurate.

It's good to know this is just an opinion

As big as it looks it's just a bunch if BIAS.

You'll do better with proffessional reviews at IGN.com
Why is it your defense of this game is bias everytime. Come up with a real response son.

Tavrobel
03-19-2006, 03:36 PM

I feel the need to uphold my charge that I promised that I would defend FFX-2 to the best of my abilities, even if the stance were not my own. Eternity of Light (something like that) is also tolerable.

How dare you that FFX-2 did not have a final boss theme?
It had 5; clearly:
a) Clash (Vegnagun Tail)
b) Crash (Vegnagun Leg)
c) Ruin (Vegnagun Core)
d) Resting Place (Shuyin/Vegnagun Head)
e) Dancing Mad (Kefka)

FFVI's Kefka is too uber to be in a lowly game as this. But it's there. You just have to revive Leo from FFVI in FFX-2 (it CAN be done).

They are all remixes of each other (incase you coudn't hear the same time signature and lack of rhytmn that reverberates through all of them). They come from a up-tempo and added instrument version of The Colossus. Too bad they all suck.

Even Jesus says that a good tree bears good fruit, and that the bad tree can only bear bad fruit. Do you find poor quality fruit from a poor quality plant, that was not already ravaged by insects, locusts, plague, etc., outside circumstances, fruit does not grow rotten or bruised in the ground, does it? No. Neither will you find good fruit from a bad tree.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-20-2006, 12:01 PM
"Vegnagun Starting" is a great piece of music (reminds me a lot of Dancing Mad). Too bad they didn't use that as the final boss theme instead.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Dont really like it... many reasons...

1. Stoopid stage system rather that just a straight story
2. Only 3main characters
3. no summons
4. Lame story, nothing in depth or surprising
5. generally too easy. no challenge

I did like some things though
the fights were quite cool with the return of ATB and i liked the dresspheres that was good...

Tavrobel
03-21-2006, 04:26 PM
2. Only 3main characters
3. no summons
the fights were quite cool with the return of ATB and i liked the dresspheres that was good...

I feel I have to defend the FFX-2 fanboys/girls again...

A lack of conspiracy is a good thing. (FFIIIj)
Brother/Shyin/Lenne doesn't count?
You can summon the uber awesome power of prostitution!
"We are prostitues". Very hard to read.
Holding down the "X" button for longer than five seconds while not having a controller plugged in and not focusing on the game isn't considered a challenge?

[Dancing Mad]... too bad they didn't use that as the final boss theme instead.

If they had, I would have another reason to be upset. By doing that, they degrade FFVI to the same level of suckiness as FFX-2.

DeathKnight
03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
2. Only 3main characters
3. no summons

Holding down the "X" button for longer than five seconds while not having a controller plugged in and not focusing on the game isn't considered a challenge?

If they had, I would have another reason to be upset. By doing that, they degrade FFVI to the same level of suckiness as FFX-2.

It's just good to know that everything you said is just a big FAT opinion and doesn't jutify the game in any way:tonberry:

:tonberry:There's a difference between not liking a game, and just bashing it senselessly on its Bad parts and its GREAT parts. You know what's funny? That I can prove all you said wrong with reviews from websites and by the way, OLD FF are great but I preffer FFVII-FF-X2 ANY day. You can bash FFX/FFX-2 as much as you want but it still comes out as a campaign you have 'bout newer FFs:tonberry:

Venom
03-21-2006, 08:13 PM
2. Only 3main characters
3. no summons

It's just good to know that everything you said is just a big FAT opinion and doesn't jutify the game in any way:tonberry:

:tonberry:There's a difference between not liking a game, and just bashing it senselessly on its Bad parts and its GREAT parts. You know what's funny? That I can prove all you said wrong with reviews from websites and by the way, OLD FF are great but I preffer FFVII-FF-X2 ANY day. You can bash FFX/FFX-2 as much as you want but it still comes out as a campaign you have 'bout newer FFs:tonberry:

People have the right to have opinions ya know.

4evarisha
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Nothing is wrong it is a cool game.

Tavrobel
03-21-2006, 09:37 PM
It's just good to know that everything you said is just a big FAT opinion and doesn't jutify the game in any way

There's a difference between not liking a game, and just bashing it senselessly on its Bad parts and its GREAT parts. You know what's funny? That I can prove all you said wrong with reviews from websites and by the way, OLD FF are great but I preffer FFVII-FF-X2 ANY day. You can bash FFX/FFX-2 as much as you want but it still comes out as a campaign you have 'bout newer FFs:tonberry:

I have yet to see you defend it with actual words, and not insults. While I have used the game's own system against it, YOU have not done a single thing besides call me moronic, simply because I don't like FFX-2, and give you multiple reasons why people don't and should not like it. Go ahead, give me EVERYTHING you can think that could even possibly, remotely, even stuff that has nothing to do with anything AT ALL, that can defend FFX-2. I do not bash it senselessly, for I have a VERY justified reason, for calling it a disgrace to other FFs. As I said before, it could stand up to ALL the other games in the world, and be better than most of them, but it doesn't compare to any of the other FFs. Even VII and IIj.
But something still tells me you have not played a single old FF. PSX remakes don't count (except for IV, because it is harder than the American release).
Go ahead, prove me wrong. And no one ever said I didn't like FFX; it is my favorite of all the FFs, but it is sad to see its sequel ruin everything that it has established.

Markus. D
03-21-2006, 11:29 PM
FFVII sucked storyline wise.

not that I hated it.... some aspects of it sucked that didnt have a reason behind it.

sure FFVIII had a massive cliche moment where almost all of them were born into the same orphanage... they turned that into a dark story though, and resolved it through one of the games villians, I liked that.

by the way.... Drakengard 2 is the Greatest RPG thingomo ever :D

Ouch!
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Have you even seen it? Apparently not, because it was in no way happy. More people died and everyone who already died stayed dead, and their deaths were just reinforced.
Granted, it's been a long time since I watched the movie, but I can only remember the bad guys dying. Curing geostigma and Cloud getting over his post-Aeris-death angst seemed like a pretty happy ending to me.

Death Penalty
03-22-2006, 02:49 AM
2. Only 3main characters
3. no summons

You know whats funny no one gives a damn what gaming sites say.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-22-2006, 05:19 AM
Ive only played the newer games ( 7,8,9,X,X-2) and i still think X-2 sucked somethin awful. Granted i played one old FF that i dont remember well (i was 4 or 5) but mostly new ffs.

I couldnt even get past Guadosalam or whatnot in FF X-2 just because it drove me crazy... and when you go up MT Gagazet and see the stupid women in the hotsprings... ever part about the story and or plot + diologue annoyed me up until the grand finale of going to wal-mart to buy another controller and to buy a shredder so i can try to drown out my misery of buying this game.

idk... i loved all of the FF's i played other than this one... i loved X and thought yuna was a greatt character in it... i think the jump in her personality from X to X-2 was ridiculous and uncalled for... she went from being respectable and dainty to being a complete whore...

7 and 8 both had somewhat convaluted storylines but this was by far the worst... 7 and 9 had great ability systems and 8 and X had decent ones but the dressspheres just drove me crazy... it seemed so utterly homo to walk around collecting garment grids so i can change my outfit in order to sing and dance my enemies into submission...

i just hate this game, and so do most people... nuff said

Markus. D
03-22-2006, 07:53 AM
you didnt beat it IpwnUthisMuch, thus, you can only jusge it poorly like Gamespot does.

Setzer Gabianni
03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Woah, what's wrong with him judging it like that? It doesn't take a person to complete a game to come up with a negative/positive opinion.

~Setzer Gabianni

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
I beat FFX-2, I still don't like it. Does that mean I can only judge it as the greatest game ever made? If that were true, then the Dictionary (yes, the book) is the greatest game EVER, simply because someone had to read it all the way through to find any errors. (those things are remarkably well made I must add)

DeathKnight
03-22-2006, 07:33 PM
I beat FFX-2, I still don't like it. Does that mean I can only judge it as the greatest game ever made? If that were true, then the Dictionary (yes, the book) is the greatest game EVER, simply because someone had to read it all the way through to find any errors. (those things are remarkably well made I must add)

You're sad:( I think it's time to just let this thread die, it's gone way off topic with the MEDIOCRE bashing of the game from you and Death Penalty and Venom.

Trumpet Thief
03-22-2006, 07:44 PM
chaos: One thing I don't understand is- how the hell is having too many sidequests a bad thing? :confused:

Rubedo: Anyhoo, I thought it was a pretty fun game on it's own merits. I did appreciate some other FFs more (IX, VI, IV), but I think it's only a little behind the rest. It was a bit of a dissapointment though, IMO, but a lot of people are looking at this game like a giant stinking pile of crap. It's not really that bad, people.

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 08:21 PM

You're sad:( I think it's time to just let this thread die, it's gone way off topic with the MEDIOCRE bashing of the game from you and Death Penalty and Venom.

And still you have done nothing to defend FFX-2. I'm all for letting it die...
If you can actually defend your claims without resorting to name calling and direct insults.

~SapphireStar~
03-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I enjoyed the game because of the dressphere battle system, some of the music was lovely and it was just abit of fun. Nothing to really be taken seriously. What annoys me is the people who have played this game before the others and consider it the best Final Fantasy game. You havent played or even tried the others yet?! That gets on my nerves.

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 08:29 PM
What annoys me is the people who have played this game before the others and consider it the best Final Fantasy game. You havent played or even tried the others yet?! That gets on my nerves.

Esse person-o es-peako teh truth! T3h verd4d 1t si!

Laugh at face of Danger
03-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Hmm, i can't really say much on the matter, I've only played on about six of the games, completed (or am near completion) in about 4 of them, so i can't really say i have a broad knowledge, nor can i saywhich is the "best".

Naturally squaresoft/enix would argue that final fantasy 7 was there best venture, ten was their next (as it was a kind of breakthrough), but they would probably hang thier head a little when it came to this game.

I'm not slating it, i thoroughly enjoyed this game, though, to me it didn't pose the same ambitions as some previous ones

~SapphireStar~
03-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Wha?

Venom
03-22-2006, 09:20 PM

I never bashed the game, I said I didnt like it.

Seriously do you actually read posts? or do you just type nonsensical bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif then post it?

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Wha?

Thranslation:

This person speaks the truth.
The truth it is.
"What?", without a T

I never bashed the game, I said I didnt like it.
Seriously do you actually read posts? or do you just type nonsensical bull then post it?

I'm very convinced that it is the latter.

Death Penalty
03-23-2006, 01:32 AM
What bashing. I bashed you quite a few times yea but the game I dont remember doing that. Oh well either way it doesnt matter X-2 fans will hate me either way.

or do you just type nonsensical bull then post it?
You are actually asking this. I played X-2. It ruined the game of FF X. It was decent for yung bucks whos new to the series. But compared to older games it sucks. Its like comparing Gold to Dirt. Gold being the old games and Dirt being the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif that is X,X-2. If you like prostitution this is the game for you. But otherwise meh.

Venom
03-23-2006, 01:41 AM
What bashing. I bashed you quite a few times yea but the game I dont remember doing that. Oh well either way it doesnt matter X-2 fans will hate me either way.

or do you just type nonsensical bull then post it?
You are actually asking this. I played X-2. It ruined the game of FF X. It was decent for yung bucks whos new to the series. But compared to older games it sucks. Its like comparing Gold to Dirt. Gold being the old games and Dirt being the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif that is X,X-2. If you like prostitution this is the game for you. But otherwise meh.

I fail to see where prosititution takes any place in liking X or X-2.

Death Penalty
03-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Look at the screen when you play X-2.

Leeza
03-23-2006, 02:36 AM
If anyone is to continue posting in this thread they should respect the other poster's opinions and accept the fact that it might be different than you own, or just don't post because this thread is getting a bit ridiculous.

Tavrobel
03-23-2006, 02:46 AM
It's not the game that rents itself out for prostitution. It is a symbol of what the maker did when they were making this game. They relied on their hardcore fans to give them a profit margin that would have been similar to a normal FF game. Then they used pop-culture and indulged the people that are not hard core about FF, but rather, the general public, whose wiles and wishes follow that of a smaller head than that which encases the brain. Applies to males only. who knows what a girl will think, so I can really judge why girls play this game anyway, other than the fact that the game was also had a feminine feeling to it, despite its OBVIOUS entrails to male libidos.

They sold themselves out to prostitution. where one man wanted to tell a sotry, it inadvertantly became a societal phenomenon. The people who were this man's disciples took what he wanted to do, and made it a mockery, by exploiting the fact they could make alot and lots of money from this game, regardless of game quality. In a way I commend them, because well... it worked. Hard core fans did buy this game. It also attracted people who never even enjoyed FF before, and gave them a mirror of what they could easily find on the internet, only in game form fashion. It's really a shame that in a feminine game, that women are portrayed as tools of the public, do be done with and have no private life, and they only way to get around is either to be famous, or a complete whore.

The hot springs scene? The J-Pop concert, where she changes on screen and she's glowing without any clothes on? At least TV shows can use sex responisbly, to teach a lesson that sex has consequences. The fact that the dressphere changes look like a Sailor Moon change? Soft-core is written all over this game. Rikku wears very little, and she actually wears the most clothes in Lady Luck form, which is NOT something that is supposed to be non-erotic (which is sad, really, if your character doesn't wear enough, and she wears the most when shes in a dress that is like erotica, what do YOU think the reaction of gamers everywhere will be?).
Male reaction: OMG SHES NOT WEARING ANYTHING! FREQUENT J***ING OFF..
Female reaction: NO WAI SHE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL I WISH I COULD BE LIKE HER.

Non-idiotic reaction: wtf d1d t3hy 4***in do to thsi agme? ftw th15 si n07 1337 a1 a77.

Are you serious? I actually have to play this crap to figure out what's going on after FFX? I can't just assume Yuna moves on/reunites with Tidus because of her memories? She has to save the world again from some idiot whos been dead for the past 1000 years? Also another male led around by his hormones. Story of our lives, right? No one wants to hear about that. We want to THINK. The ever increasing human desire to THINK and find out, and to philosphize about something we can't control. Why are we here? Play the game and find out, not "OMG I'M GONNA STAY STUCK IN THE PAST AND BECAUSE IF I CAN DO ANYTHING I CAN SAVE THE PEOPLE I LOVE FROM DEATH". Death is the most important part of life. Everything no longer a silver lining with death, the most emotional, the most tormenting. Now it's played like a tool to use at our whims, that we can do whatever we want just we feel like it. Life does not work that way.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I hate this game, because its predecessor has too many good spots, that this games faults are somehow covered up by the good things from FFX. It's the makers of the game that I feel are idiots, and believe me, I will never look at another FF game the same ever again. But as far as FFs go, this one shouldn't even be in my CD casings. Why I keep it is because I know I'm not going to make a profit from selling this. Net loss of $40, because of the strategy guide, even if I could sell the game for $20. Video game stores don't buy back Strategy Guide, even if its close to mint condition like mine are.

EDIT: Oops, I accidentally posted after your post, Leeza. Tell me if something obsencely inappropriate, and I'll get rid of it. My apologies in advance.

Leeza
03-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Your post sounds spot on to me. :)

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-23-2006, 04:37 AM
Why do i need to have beaten the game to be capable of judging the parts i already played? I didnt judge anything afterwards i just said from what i have seen so far the game was horrible... I didnt enjoy it and this thread is about peoples opinions (moreso what is wrong with X-2) and that is what i am trying to convey...

Im never going to beat this game because i dont find it enjoyable at all. I dont understand how anyone could but ill refrain judging them for the time being.

I hated this game because i had no idea what was going on and it seemed to me like the just ruined a great game.

They even destroyed airships for me with that techno ecstacy part neon light Celcius crap.

I hate this game that is my opinion and i have previously stated some things that i beleive to fall into the category of "What's so bad about X-2?"

PS-- Do you still play GW??? I have an acct w/ like 3 lvl 20's with some stuff cuz i bought that game on my B-day, april 28, the day it came out. I used to solo UW farm when it was cool but i stopped playing it after a few months cuz it got uber lame...

Shiny
03-23-2006, 04:45 AM
Why do i need to have beaten the game to be capable of judging the parts i already played? I didnt judge anything afterwards i just said from what i have seen so far the game was horrible... I didnt enjoy it and this thread is about peoples opinions (moreso what is wrong with X-2) and that is what i am trying to convey...

Im never going to beat this game because i dont find it enjoyable at all. I dont understand how anyone could but ill refrain judging them for the time being.

That's understandable considering forcing yourself to finish something you don't like could frustrate you. I don't blame you for not wanting to finish X-2. Although, I think that if you did complete it then you would have a broader view of X-2.

4evarisha
03-23-2006, 04:53 AM
I dont think anything is rong wit it.

~SapphireStar~
03-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Thranslation:

The truth it is.
"What?", without a T
Its translation and I didnt need my answer being translated. I said Wha for a reaon.

Tavrobel
03-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Thranslation:

The truth it is.
"What?", without a T
Its translation and I didnt need my answer being translated. I said Wha for a reaon.

To be frank, you didn't specify WHAT I should translate. I did it to be sarcastic.
The stupid H key is so close to the freaking T key... gack. i kno hwo to speel prapurle.

I finished it. It took a very large amount of effort to put in the five minutes it took to beat Vegnagun.

Chaos Dark
03-23-2006, 10:57 PM
There is nothing wrong with FFX-2.I mean my other friend doesnt like it, but to me I love it. ROCK ON FFX-2!!!(and FFX):choc2:

Final Fantasy X-2 - Shuyin and Lenne

Death Penalty
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Have you played any other FFS beside 10 and x-2

Crox
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I find it amusing how so many people in this thread don't know what the words "slut", "whore", "prostitute", "smut", or "porn" mean.

I guess that either I missed all the sex scenes in FFX-2, or there's a remarkable amount of unintelligence and hyperbole here.

Leeza
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Death Penalty: You had no reason to post that so I will delete your post.

Crox: If you want to continue posting here, watch your insults.

Eiko Guy
03-23-2006, 11:29 PM
there is nothing nasty in this game at all i am 100% sure if this was tifa nobody would complain because most people who are making fun of the "softcore" are those that watch and ****off to real porn

Tavrobel
03-24-2006, 01:26 AM
I find it amusing how so many people in this thread don't know what the words "slut", "whore", "prostitute", "smut", or "porn" mean.

I guess that either I missed all the sex scenes in FFX-2, or there's a remarkable amount of unintelligence and hyperbole here.

You did. If you put FFX-2 in your computer, and opened up the files, you would find a small folder called "Hyperbole", and another one named "symbolic of what Square sold themselves to do to make this game". Long folder name, wierd too. Maybe it means something, or are you incapable of being able to read what is sarcasm, and what is symbolism. Hyperbole isn't a bad thing. Even Jesus used hyperbole. The writer of Daniel wrote about the Greeks without actually referring to them in name. It's a small method people use when they know they will get in trouble for naming names.

there is nothing nasty in this game at all i am 100% sure if this was tifa nobody would complain because most people who are making fun of the "softcore" are those that watch and ****off to real porn

Now which porn are you talking about? Hardcore or softcore, because there's a difference, and if you didn't know that, then stop using the word "porn" as if you knew what it meant.

No one should complain about Tifa and softcore, because you never see her wear anything LESS than what she wears normally, which isn't all that revealing. (The implied sex is completely blacked out, and concealed, so therefore, it cannot be judged traditionally). Now I could complain about the OC with all the "less than softcore" softcore, but unlike X-2, it is used responsibly. Sex has consequences. The worst consequence in FFX-2 is how to stop idiots from talking, and asking God to bring people back people from the dead. (in this case, the non-existing, and the from the non-existant)

In the ACTUAL prostitution scene (VII), not the symbolized one (X-2), she wears MORE than what she wears normally. But the difference is, you can complain about Tifa's breast size and complete moron-acy. FFX established that Yuna and Rikku are NOT idiots. X-2 played them like they were.

Or have you considered that the people who do, are trying to protect others from corruptive influences? We complain because we know EXACTLY what it is, and despite what has happened to them, they are still willing to keep others from viewing it because it will poison their mind forever.

OFF TOPIC: Has anyone actually BOTHERED to read the entirety of my posts? I think the original question has already been answered, and yet, people are forcing others to go on as though it weren't.

Death Penalty
03-24-2006, 01:53 AM

You did. If you put FFX-2 in your computer, and opened up the files, you would find a small folder called "Hyperbole", and another one named "symbolic of what Square sold themselves to do to make this game". Long folder name, weird too. Maybe it means something, or are you incapable of being able to read what is sarcasm, and what is symbolism. Hyperbole isn't a bad thing. Even Jesus used hyperbole. The writer of Daniel wrote about the Greeks without actually referring to them in name. It's a small method people use when they know they will get in trouble for naming names.

Now which porn are you talking about? Hardcore or softcore, because there's a difference, and if you didn't know that, then stop using the word "porn" as if you knew what it meant.

No one should complain about Tifa and softcore, because you never see her wear anything LESS than what she wears normally, which isn't all that revealing. (The implied sex is completely blacked out, and concealed, so therefore, it cannot be judged traditionally). Now I could complain about the OC with all the "less than softcore" softcore, but unlike X-2, it is used responsibly. Sex has consequences. The worst consequence in FFX-2 is how to stop idiots from talking, and asking God to bring people back people from the dead. (in this case, the non-existing, and the from the non-existant)

In the ACTUAL prostitution scene (VII), not the symbolized one (X-2), she wears MORE than what she wears normally. But the difference is, you can complain about Tifa's breast size and complete moron-acy. FFX established that Yuna and Rikku are NOT idiots. X-2 played them like they were.

Or have you considered that the people who do, are trying to protect others from corruptive influences? We complain because we know EXACTLY what it is, and despite what has happened to them, they are still willing to keep others from viewing it because it will poison their mind forever.

OFF TOPIC: Has anyone actually BOTHERED to read the entirety of my posts? I think the original question has already been answered, and yet, people are forcing others to go on as though it weren't.
I read them. I must say Bravo Bravo.

Nick Schovitz
03-24-2006, 01:53 AM
OH yes so many bad stuff with this game, where should I begin?

The story itself was lacking, I prefer a deep and mature theme to my books. Yuna and Rikku acted much goofier and kiddier in this game only Paine and Lulu have some sense. It seemed to girly for a game developed and originated by men. There is also the easiest final boss ever in this game. In every FF you should lose to the final boss at least 2 times, I defeated Vegnagun and Shuyin on my 1st try without a struggle. There was also some sidequests that were pointless and blitzball was so off the wall playing it then, they could've made it better.

In overall there were only 3 good points to it, the unique battle system, the graphics and the artwork and music before the game comes on.

Crox
03-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Symbolized prostitution? Tell me when exactly Yuna or Rikku acted like such complete whores.

Tavrobel
03-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Symbolized prostitution? Tell me when exactly Yuna or Rikku acted like such complete whores.

You did PLAY the game, right? For that matter, you READ my previous posts, right? Otherwise, I have nothing to say or to add. So tired from having to repeat myself... it BURNS.

Eiko Guy
03-24-2006, 03:38 AM
i never said tavrobel that tifa did that but i said if she did not many would care but since its a game that many people bash many will just koin in i even did it once now tavrobel why everytime someone does these types of threads do you say its because they havent played the old games and you singe out final fantasy 6 ive played most of that game and it seemed like most of the game your coasting you never feel the emergency of killing kefka now vegnagun i felt like we needed to destroy it and shuyin like kuja you felt like he was mister big bad kick your ass in a thong in that game

Shiny
03-24-2006, 03:50 AM
Some of it was constructive criticism. There were some bad points to X-2 and there were some good (although hard to notice). You honestly can't really appreciate a game until you willing to except it's flaws.

Tavrobel
03-24-2006, 04:12 AM
i never said tavrobel that tifa did that but i said if she did not many would care but since its a game that many people bash many will just koin in i even did it once now tavrobel why everytime someone does these types of threads do you say its because they havent played the old games and you singe out final fantasy 6 ive played most of that game and it seemed like most of the game your coasting you never feel the emergency of killing kefka now vegnagun i felt like we needed to destroy it and shuyin like kuja you felt like he was mister big bad kick your ass in a thong in that game

I explained why people wouldn't complain about Tifa, if they knew what they were talking about.

As far as getting people to play FFVI, it's not just VI that people need to play, it is all the others. By one quote alone I can tell if you don't know what you're talking about. I mention VI because that is the one everyone knows about.

This game was upbeat compared to all the other FFs.

Kind of a burn to IIIj and I.
They were FAR more upbeat than any of the others. No deceit; your enemy is the enemy, and your friend, is your friend. Zande is quite clearly called out, and there are MANY prophecies concerning the Clouds. Chaos is said RIGHT AWAY that he is the enemy. There's no conspiracy, and the darkest cavern you go through is a very clearly illuminated green backdrop, with techno half-beat music. Bevelle underground is barely lit up, has MIST floating all around, the main character has gone EMO, the second main character is now a moronic, dumbass who doesn't know what she's doing and well, for Paine... who knows. You don't even know Vegnagun EXISTS until Chapter 2, and Shuyin until the End of Chapter 3. I was wrong before. SquareEnix DOES have a sense of humor.

In X-2, there is no emergency. Bringing back Tidus from the dead isn't exactly convincing argument to say that "ohh they had to kill Vegnagun RIGHT AWAY". So when they brought back Tidus, it meant he would come back from death, even worse, non-existence. If that can occur for Tidus, than what fear do Yuna and Rikku have? Not only that, they have a PLAN how to beat Vegnagun.

VI, VII, IX, even in certain cases, IV and IIj; you HAD to beat the enemy. He only gave you a week to live. In VII e.g., they explicitly state that you have 7 days before Seph will pwn all. The others are rather obvious that the final boss will try to destroy the world as quickly as they can. Yet we are not given a timeframe for Vegnagun? There is no emergency, especially if I can use the game's system against itself.

I call out VI also because people need to know better. Nothing worse than a fanboy girl who doesn't know what they are talking about. If they can form an opinion, and back it up without name calling, I'll leave them alone, and let them have their time. But instead, I'm getting named called for having a VERY clear and well enough reason for me to dislike X-2. And I'm called the idiot because I can defend myself? What's worse is that I'm winning the argument against 5 people who have done nothing to defend the game. Except eikoguy. You're alright.

I will concede that we have to kill the bad guy in a thong... it's just not right. If I actually have to watch him and his stupid thong in FMV form, he's dead. Guaranteed. I WANTED Necron to kill me. That way I'd bash Kuja again. And again. And again. Nothing that threatening about a machine that's barely as large as a tank, does nothing, despite being able to do the same damage that Sin does, and is controlled by an even MORE emo character who moans about

OHH I FAILED MY GIRLFRIEND NOW IM GONNA BLOW EVERYTHING UP BECAUSE I THINK IM RIGHT AND IM THE ONLY ONE WHO MATTERS

What arrogance. If you're going to complain, back it up. Shuyin doesn't even have an attack that does more than 9999 damage (or anything over 1k for that matter), nor does Vegnagun have an attack that reduces your HP to 1. I didn't even realize my controller wasn't plugged in until I notciced my Alchemist wasn't healing.

I keep repeating myself, and no one listens. Before you come in going "Yuna/Shuyin isn't emo", then learn what emo is, silly. I could imagine both of them slitting their wrists the way SquareEnix portrayed them as.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-25-2006, 12:04 AM
i liked FF-2 but i thought it was too easy you can beat it so many times you could loose count, i liked FFX better it was more of a challenge:)

teaandmachines
03-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, there is nothing wrong with X-2, it is the best game ever.

I hope you were being sarcastic.
If you've played any of the other FF games, FFX2 doesn't even par-up.
Leblanc, Logos & Ormi are useless characters.
The Dressphere was pointless.

SquareEnix (or SquareSoft.. whatever I don't know) could have done a better job with this game.

Setzer Gabianni
03-25-2006, 08:23 AM
He was being sarcastic, he generally is XD. eiko guy, please use full stops when you're posting, I can never understand what you are saying >.<

Eiko Guy
03-25-2006, 03:42 PM

You did. If you put FFX-2 in your computer, and opened up the files, you would find a small folder called "Hyperbole", and another one named "symbolic of what Square sold themselves to do to make this game". Long folder name, weird too. Maybe it means something, or are you incapable of being able to read what is sarcasm, and what is symbolism. Hyperbole isn't a bad thing. Even Jesus used hyperbole. The writer of Daniel wrote about the Greeks without actually referring to them in name. It's a small method people use when they know they will get in trouble for naming names.

i know the difference between hard and softcore fyi and there is no part that constitutes porn the special dressphere is the closest and paine and rikku dont get a dress like yuna does but that is okay it is still not porn

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Tavrobel, you can debate without personally attacking other members and inferring that they are stupid. Please do so or do not post at all.

Kalinda
03-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Okay... I'm just gonna reply. I don't feel like readin through the entire thread worth of bashing and arguments about what makes a good RPG. I do feel the need to add my opinion, though.

Actually, a problem with a thread such as this is that, in the end, whether you like the game or not is all down to opinion. And I don't think anyone is going to make me stop loving the game with a few nice arguments.

That aside, I'll admit it's not perfect. Yeah, sometimes it was cheesy, silly even. But it was also amusing. And it managed to make me cry on two occasions (the end and the 1000 Words concert).

The story, which I really do like, could have been fleshed out more. More information about Lenne and Shuyin could've been provided, for one, and some of the plot holes might've also been filled (was Shuyin really living inside Nooj for two years? Why didn't he act sooner? Did he not always have total control?). Things like that.

But, few shortcomings aside, it's fun to be able to play it over and over and skip certain events because there's so much freedom. I think part of what FF IS is trying new stuff; Square is always changing the battle systems, throwing in new stuff and whatnot. I don't see why that can't be the same with story-telling. You STILL had to save the world, which seems to be an important part of all the games. It just wasn't mega-epic like the others. Oh, well.

Anyway.. what I really wanted to say... and maybe someone said it before me.. but...

Perhaps I am a minority, an exception even, but I HAVE played old school. I've played FF6 and I loved it to bits. In fact I played it BEFORE I played 10-2. And it didn't change my outlook of 10-2 one little bit. I love them both. Sure, 6 is better, but that's not the point.

So saying that the only people who like 10-2 are the new gen fans is incorrect. I am a fan of both gens. I haven't played ALL the games from old school or new gen yet, but I have every intention of doing so. I'm most looking forward to FF4, it sounds really good. So let's not make such sweeping generalizations, okay?

Oh.. one more thing - I find all this "they look like sluts" stuff to be extremely childish. It seems to be the token argument used by people who haven't played the game. And it has little to no bearing on how good the game is or isn't. Plus the concept is not new to video games, therefore I think it matters little. Everyone's just complaining because this game has an all-female cast. But really, what difference does it make? They have somewhat skimpy outfits; big freakin deal. It might matter if they ACTED like sluts, but do they? No. So grow up. Honestly.

Crox
03-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Wait a minute Tavrobel, I'm confused. Is Yuna a prostitute or emo?

Or there's the more likely option: that she just changes into different cliches to fit your arguments, despite your complete lack of in-game evidence.

Eiko Guy
03-26-2006, 07:12 PM
thank you kalinda

Oh.. one more thing - I find all this "they look like sluts" stuff to be extremely childish. It seems to be the token argument used by people who haven't played the game. And it has little to no bearing on how good the game is or isn't. Plus the concept is not new to video games, therefore I think it matters little. Everyone's just complaining because this game has an all-female cast. But really, what difference does it make? They have somewhat skimpy outfits; big freakin deal. It might matter if they ACTED like sluts, but do they? No. So grow up. HonestLY
aint that the truth i feel happy someone knows what a slut is which is something i shouldnt say

Venom
03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Wait a minute Tavrobel, I'm confused. Is Yuna a prostitute or emo?

Or there's the more likely option: that she just changes into different cliches to fit your arguments, despite your complete lack of in-game evidence.

Yuna is neither of those things.

Tavrobel
03-27-2006, 02:33 AM
It's still good to know people know how to use hyperbole. It really is. I ahve nothing more to add, because my reasons for not liking are the game pre-empt whatever anyone tries to say, caliming for FACT that the game is good, when liking a game is pure, and complete opinion.

I submit my defeat, because it is useless to argue with fanboys who don't know what their talking about, or refuse to read posts. If people want to be idiots, then by all means, I will let them.

Leeza
03-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Tavrobel, that post was very unnecesary. Thank you for letting us know that we are all entitled to have our own opinions, but saying they are idiots for doing so is going a bit too far. Do not do that.

Crox
03-27-2006, 09:53 PM
The use of hyperbole is fine when it's used to make a point. You failed to do that.

Your last post is quite typical. The "You're too stupid so I'm not going to argue" approach. It's usually used by people who realize that they're wrong, but are too elitest to admit it, and instead just try to cover up their tracks by insulting their opponents.

Tavrobel
03-27-2006, 11:21 PM
The point has already been proven.

The thread asked "what's so wrong about the game". I game him/her the answer. Question answered. You can't be wrong when you have an opinion, but when you pass something off as fact, that's where your argument falls apart. 6 pages == pre-emptive point proven, and that I have plenty of reasons to dislike the game.

Perhaps you should consider that there are some people who actually know what they are talking about.

angel of darkness12
03-28-2006, 12:39 AM
well i like the plot and the graphics on final fantasy X-2 but the battle system just sucks (well for me it is) if you're not a fast thinker then your basicly die. it took me forever to beat it cause i'm not a fast thinker at all and i need time to think on what to do that's what i basicly hate about it but everything else is fine

Shiny
03-28-2006, 11:32 PM
well i like the plot and the graphics on final fantasy X-2 but the battle system just sucks (well for me it is) if you're not a fast thinker then your basicly die. it took me forever to beat it cause i'm not a fast thinker at all and i need time to think on what to do that's what i basicly hate about it but everything else is fine
Yeah, the battle system was challenging, because it so different and face paced. I liked it though. The only thing I liked. :D

silentenigma
03-29-2006, 02:07 AM
I don't think I've read this anti-X-2 reason yet:

Yuna was a shy, yet determined lady from FFX who help rid the world of Sin. It's just expected that she would become a POPSTAR SINGING SENSATION only 2 years later.
ya she would be famous, but the whole musical celebrity thing was the first thing to turn me off.

Tavrobel, I'm honored that you reposted my oldskool/newskool decision table in a whole new thread.

Zeromus_X
03-29-2006, 03:26 AM
Yuna was a shy, yet determined lady from FFX who help rid the world of Sin. It's just expected that she would become a POPSTAR SINGING SENSATION only 2 years later.
ya she would be famous, but the whole musical celebrity thing was the first thing to turn me off.

That, and the 'Secret Agent' attitude also turned me off of it. :cat:

Markus. D
03-29-2006, 12:40 PM
first, silentenigma, that wasnt her, and its pretty easy to know that.

second of all, even when she performs later, she is possesed by Lenne, Lenne was a songstress (and summoner might I mention, its a spoiler if I go into it more) when she was living, and ovcourse she gave her thoughts through amazing song that left Spira to mourne.

silentenigma
03-30-2006, 12:02 AM

second of all, even when she performs later, she is possesed by Lenne, Lenne was a songstress (and summoner might I mention, its a spoiler if I go into it more) when she was living, and ovcourse she gave her thoughts through amazing song that left Spira to mourne.

Either way, I was still watching Yuna on the screen as a POPSTAR SINGING SENSATION. and the second time although Lenne was singing through her, Yuna still had the freewill choice to SING UP A SENSATION AT A POPSTAR CONCERT.

I also don't get the "amazingness" of 1000 words.
I'd take "Come As You Are" over that anyday.
It sort of gets the same message across.
But that's just my grungy musical oppinion.

DeathKnight
03-30-2006, 01:44 AM

Either way, I was still watching Yuna on the screen as a POPSTAR SINGING SENSATION. and the second time although Lenne was singing through her, Yuna still had the freewill choice to SING UP A SENSATION AT A POPSTAR CONCERT.

The point of her singing had a meaning.

Remember how everyone sang the Hymth of The Fayth in FFX??? It's the same concept, she knew she could bring spira together again and give them hope through singing and since Lenne was willing to help, she did it. She was only doing what a dressphere (job class) requires, SINGING! And it was great, hate it or like it, it had meaning.:tonberry:

Ballistix Man
03-30-2006, 02:01 AM

The point of her singing had a meaning.

Remember how everyone sang the Hymth of The Fayth in FFX??? It's the same concept, she knew she could bring spira together again and give them hope through singing and since Lenne was willing to help, she did it. She was only doing what a dressphere (job class) requires, SINGING! And it was great, hate it or like it, it had meaning.:tonberry:
And thats a stupid reason. SilentEnigma summed it up

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-30-2006, 03:27 AM
Ballistix Man we do not call people stupid at all on this site, especially if it's simply because their opinion differs from your own. Don't do it again.

Ballistix Man
03-30-2006, 03:29 AM
I didnt call him stupid I said the reason he gave for Yuna doing the pop star thing was stupid. I didnt mean him I meant that was a shoddy reason. Sorry if it came out differently.

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 05:08 AM
Zidane: Look, I'm sorry if this sounds dumb to you all, but Yuna gets praised on Spira for using common sense. A thousand years of summoners and guardians doing the same thing over and over and over and over, and finally Yuna & Tidus: Why not go inside and kill the source? X-2 is pathetic, all it is the Square Enix verison of Charlie's Angels. Yuna singing like a Brittney Spears wannabe and looking like a Lara Corft wannabe(and Tomb Raider is a pathetic idea anyway.) And I'd take This Is The Song That Doesn't End over 1,000 Words anyday.

TheGoldenChocobo
03-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Thats what I thought, its soo charlies angels its pathetic!!

Ballistix Man
04-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I look at this game and its fans like this:
One Man's Trash Is Another Mans Treasure

Venom
04-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Or "One mans treasure is another mans sock collection"

xXthedarkestlightXx
04-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I didn't like how everyone only pointed out that Yuna saved the world twice. Rikku was there too and everyone fails to mention that she did anything. The game has an upbeat tone to it, so us FF players who are more content with a more serious, in depth plot won't be as pleased with FFX-2.

If you get the normal ending, it basically goes that She doesn't even find Tidus...she did the whole journey for nothing...

I would probably give it 3 stars out of 5 (or 2 and a half). Just because all the previous FFs seem much more serious and better plots. (No offense to FFX-2 fans..) Also...FFX had a good ending- it had everyone wanting more, but it's a given that when the sequel comes out, not everyone is going to be pleased with it.

Eiko Guy
04-03-2006, 03:51 AM
why do you complain about this game having a sequel when the end was perfectly sad but when kingdom hearts has a sequel yall all drool

Ballistix Man
04-03-2006, 05:31 AM
What are you talking aboout. Kingdom Hearts was done much more tastfully.

Venom
04-03-2006, 10:57 AM
why do you complain about this game having a sequel when the end was perfectly sad but when kingdom hearts has a sequel yall all drool

Cause the sequel to kingdom hearts actually lived up to the standards given where as X-2 failed to deliver any sort of fun whatsoever.

Cloud master
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I played this game, and I was dissapointed. I thought Yuna would find Tidus alive, but nooooo. It was a replica or Tidus, named Shuyin? MESSED UP. NOT A HAPPY ENDING!:mad2:

DeathKnight
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM

Cause the sequel to kingdom hearts actually lived up to the standards given where as X-2 failed to deliver any sort of fun whatsoever.

lived up to its standards??? --->http://ps2.ign.com/articles/698/698697p4.html

Kingdom Hearts Review:
9.0 Presentation
The scale of the game is impressive, and the handling of both Square and Disney franchises continues nicely -- It'd be great if the worlds weren't so linear and short.
9.0 Graphics
Visually striking, with plenty of flair and animated touches throughout the game. Worlds look very much like their filmed counterparts.
8.5 Sound
Sound is good, although quite a lot of lines fall flat or are pulled directly from movie dialogue, which feels off.
7.5 Gameplay
Combat is literally reduced to button mashing, and the newly included abilities aren't even necessary for the game. This is a big step back from the action/RPG mix of the original.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
The story is definitely a great one, but the lack of difficulty and the hack and slash will probably keep everyone except the hardcore from returning to this adventure.
Good OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Setzer Gabianni
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Right..you take ONE REVIEW and think that by from that, it is a rubbish sequel? How about looking at the other reviews, other places have rated it 9/10, so don't all happy over ONE review, which wasn't even THAT negative.

~Setzer Gabianni

DeathKnight
04-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Right..you take ONE REVIEW and think that by from that, it is a rubbish sequel? How about looking at the other reviews, other places have rated it 9/10, so don't all happy over ONE review, which wasn't even THAT negative.

~Setzer Gabianni

Just like FFX-2 which is rated 9.5 in IGN.com and worse in others. So you see it's all a matter of opinion. When you debate, saying that KH2 was at least done nicely I have the right to reply to your OFF TOPIC post and balance the score or as I like to say it, correct you :irked:

Setzer Gabianni
04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Don't get arsey with me, your attitude is the same everywhere. I didn't say KH2 was done nicely, don't twist my words. Ooh, I made an off topic. Doesn't stop you from replying with an off topic post of your own.

@Cloud master: Maybe you should play the game fully...? And watch the perfect ending? =P

~Setzer Gabianni

Leeza
04-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Enough. Put each other on ignore if you have to, but this stops now.

Venom
04-03-2006, 11:57 PM
[!]

lived up to its standards??? http://ps2.ign.com/articles/698/698697p4.html

Kingdom Hearts Review:[/!]
[!]9.0 Presentation
The scale of the game is impressive, and the handling of both Square and Disney franchises continues nicely. It'd be great if the worlds weren't so linear and short.
9.0 Graphics
Visually striking, with plenty of flair and animated touches throughout the game. Worlds look very much like their filmed counterparts.
8.5 Sound
Sound is good, although quite a lot of lines fall flat or are pulled directly from movie dialogue, which feels off.
7.5 Gameplay
Combat is literally reduced to button mashing, and the newly included abilities aren't even necessary for the game. This is a big step back from the action/RPG mix of the original.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
The story is definitely a great one, but the lack of difficulty and the hack and slash will probably keep everyone except the hardcore from returning to this adventure.
Good OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your the best troll ever, congrats.[/!]*snip*

Venom: do not make a post such as this again. It is spam, it is off-topic and it is a troll-post all on it's own. Think twice before posting. ~ Leeza

Seymour_Guado SOD
04-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Ahh, the reason is because it is girl's game. Yet, Rikku is hot.....yet the game is for girls.

Summ[O]ner
04-04-2006, 03:27 PM
The FFX-2 was test what wasnt succesful at all... I think reason why people dont like it that much as other FFs or even hate it is>
1-"New version of Yuna", while in X she was shy etc. in X-2 she is totally different...
2-ATB (people arent fast enough to give actions)...
3-Close to zero existence of story...

People dont like it because they can see difference between X and X-2...

1-I think same, but its subjective...
2-I think this version of ATB was same as other ATBs, the difference is only in that you can see in red/blue window clearly if ATB is activating or waiting...
3-Thats right, even a fan of X-2 will say this but X-2 is pretty unlinear what makes difference...

Shiny
04-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Ahh, the reason is because it is girl's game.
It isn't a girl's game this game was obviously made for straight boys. Want proof? You don't need it. It's all there in the game. Having attractive "bishounen" major characters have attracted straight girls, but this game is just one of the worst all together.

TheGoldenChocobo
04-26-2006, 09:31 AM
I think they think tis for girls cos its girly (ie. lots of girly giggling and such things), tis very charlies angels!!! But they're all dressed like sluts, therefore aimed at guys!!

DeathKnight
04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I think they think tis for girls cos its girly (ie. lots of girly giggling and such things), tis very charlies angels!!! But they're all dressed like sluts, therefore aimed at guys!!

compared to how girls dresse today they look line nuns! :irked: And when the hell has it really mattered what kind of clothings they wear? Hell, if you want it that way, then why not call Tifa an A+ slut?

*points to quoted guy* you're a sad joke *points at icon and sig*

TheGoldenChocobo
04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
quoted guy happens to be girl you git!!!

DeathKnight
04-26-2006, 04:22 PM
quoted guy happens to be girl you git!!!

Holy crap! for real!? Ha! then you should know that girls these days dress like sluts (with some exceptions here and there):D :up:

six underground
04-27-2006, 11:39 AM
There is nothing exceedingly wrong with the game, it's just the little things that get on your nerves a little. Ok, a lot. There are a lot of lame ‘one liners’ and poorly thought out dialogue that kills the feel on occasion. Otherwise, the storyline is decent, the game play is fantastic (except for the fact that they concentrated all of the difficulty into one dungeon), the insane amount of side quests are for the most part entertaining and the non-linear feel exponentially increases the replay value.

exactly. :)

tenhitcombo
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
nothins wrong wit it this game rocks!
the music and characters rock and all...and it rocks.ok bye

Yliette
04-28-2006, 06:59 AM
-Too many mini-games that have nothing to do with the story or finding Tidus

-Square-Enix intentionally designed the outfits to be skimpy to attract the perverted male gamers (ehich is disappointing. Square resorting to sex instead of improved story/gameplay to sell their games).

-Yuna's transformation. Get real! She wouldn't really use guns! It's like including a brand new character in the game and naming it "Yuna"!

-Lack of seriousness and maturity in the story.

-For a Machina that was said to be able to obliterate the entire Spira, I was like "WTF?!" when I defeated that thing without a sweat.

-Brother is a bisexual moron.

TheGoldenChocobo
04-28-2006, 12:12 PM

A bisexual moron who fancies his cousin!!! :tumble: ...eeewwwww!!! :barf:

Leeza
04-28-2006, 04:06 PM
DeathKnight: Your days of posting off-topic will be over soon at this rate.

escobert
04-28-2006, 06:09 PM
everything is bad about x and x-2

PontiusPilate
05-02-2006, 02:32 AM
If you are hardcore FF x-2 who doesnt want their feelings hurt. DONT READ THIS (and if u do anyway, dont complain its your fault you read it)

FF X-2 sucked... The characters were all annoying as hell and you can tell the makers put NO effort into making them. I will now analyze each FF X-2 character.

Rikku- Perky and annoying, but it doesnt matter since shes in skimpy clothing so all the horny gamers can look at her an imagine her naked

Yuna- Same as Rikku with a lower self esteem.

Paine- Same as the other two except has a "gothic" side

Please, i can piss a better character design. Stop being lazy Square

Tainted Angel
05-02-2006, 09:04 PM
What's so bad about Final Fantasy X-2?
Just look at the pics below.

I remember at 4chan seeing pics from the creator (CG) for the charaters for FFX-2. I remember something about on one of his hentai DVD's having pics of all three girls!

smurfing hell.. that is nasty. I can understand Kimhari and Freya (FFIX) getting it on and Freya pics in Furchan. I also can understand doujin about the characters, that's not stoppable. but really, do we need X-2 pron from the producer of the SG art for the game?

I agree Yuna and Rikku were sluts, I sometimes thinnk Paine wanted to dom both of them at once as the reason she was on the Celsius.

And I'm not sharing or pointing out how to get the pics. Please don't ask.

PontiusPilate
06-01-2006, 02:11 AM
all three are lesbos i think (yuna is bi)

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 02:14 AM
all three are lesbos i think (yuna is bi)
What sort of a post is that? If you have nothing constructive to say, dont say anything.

I personally seen nothing wrong with this game. I really enjoyed it. The only thing that annoyed me was Brother.

PontiusPilate
06-01-2006, 02:15 AM
I can have my opinions so bug off

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 02:16 AM
No I wont and you call that an opinion? Nothing to it at all, just a childish comment.

PontiusPilate
06-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Yes I do, would you like me to show you the definition of "opinion" so i can prove you wrong? Saying something is childish is YOUR opinion. Like in my opinion "walk the Line" was a piss poor movie, but that doesnt mean i can call you a retard for liking it.

Miriel
06-01-2006, 02:23 AM
PontiusPilate, don't tell other members to "bug off". It's rude and unacceptable.

~SapphireStar~, stop commenting on posts that you find rude. Let the CKs handle it. Your post was just as unnecessary as PontiusPilate's.

Both of you cut it out right now.

sk8erbabe42
06-01-2006, 02:28 AM
I know! Everybody is like "I cant believe they made a sequal it sucked so much" I admit it wasn't as good as the first one, but it was good, i like it a lot.

Christmas
06-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Mainly the story and the behaviour of those three girls.

LunarWeaver
06-01-2006, 03:23 AM
The math mini-game makes me want to choke small animals to relieve the stress. I hate you Shinra! You and your math can die!

Other then that,the story and overall "TEE-HEE" of it all may not be the greatest the series has, but it's not all bad. I enjoyed it enough. I just think of it like a huge party through Spira and I'm good. But I only paid 15 bucks for it not 50 so I'm less bitter then most.

Ruskies
06-01-2006, 04:59 AM
Nothing is wrong with X-2 as long as you liked FFX and its awesome heartbreaking story. Its not the best FF but its different and I thought it was a lot of fun to take a break from turn base battle. Its even more fun if you can get the perfect ending. O and dresspheres are totally hott.

Leen-Leen
06-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Well ... some things i didnt like about X-2 was:
a. the background music
b. some of the missions were kinda boring
ehh there might be others but those are the main things ...

but the things that rocked:
a. the way you could change dresspheres
b. real Emotion ... 1000 Words
and there IS others i just can't think of any right now ...

but personally, i liked 10 better. but X-2 was pretty good.

SephiRave
06-06-2006, 04:44 AM

A bisexual moron who fancies his cousin!!! :tumble: ...eeewwwww!!! :barf:

Actually in Asian culture,(chinese,japanese..)it's okay to marry ur mother-side's cousin(your mother's sister/brother's son or daughter)

Only one cannot marry Father-side's cousin because they are considered with blood ties.

About sex appeal.....it's not new in the history of video games,Dead or alive beach volleyball......King of Fighters.......
even in the final fantasy series.
Look at Tifa,extremely short miniskirt,oversized boobs.....isnt this way more provocative than Yuna's outfit?
In old school FF,u even have character sprites without cloth covering their ass.....
Nothing wrong actually using girls to attract customers,as long as they dont go too far.Besides,there isnt any nudity or sex scenes in FFX-2,and the three girls just wear like a girl would when going for a party nowadays.I dont think there is anything wrong with one teenage girl to wear hotpants and tube,nor it is inappropriate to wearing a bikini either.
You want the real sex appeal?Well u might as well try out God of War and Metal Gear Solid 3...There is the REAL sex element featuring inappropriate obscure love-making scenes.Now that is what i call to attract male customers.

Rikku X-2
06-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I love everything in it, but Final Fantasy VII AC I hated everything about it

BG-57
06-08-2006, 11:11 PM
IMO, the biggest failure was of tone. Had it not been a sequel it wouldn't have been a problem. The world of FFX was one of hope against adversity and despair, with occasional moments of levity. The world of FFX-2 was mainly silly with occasional moments of seriousness. The transition was jarring, to say the least (Yuna as an idol singer?!?).

Almost all the characters from X seemed diminished in X-2. Except maybe Rin and Cid, who remained more true to their original characters. Perhaps that why I liked the original X-2 characters more than X characters that carried over. Especially Leblanc and Gippal. They were conceived in this world so they fit in better with it.

It's not a fatal flaw, but it really interfered with my enjoyment with the game. I liked the idea of changing classes and the battles were fun, as were the sidequests like Gunner's Gauntlet and Sphere Break. Also I would have liked to see the Shuyin/Lenne story explored more. I didn't regret playing FFX-2, but I still wonder if it should have been made in the first place.

Summoner
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM

I can tell you in one word: Brother. He's the only thing I didn't like in the game. Even the "disasteriffic" line and how neither Yuna nor Rikku could seem to stand still half the time was something I saw as natural. But Brother was Sin reincarnated.

kidney / theif
06-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Yes, Brother was quite the pervert trying to get with his cousin. :-/ Besides that -- I just thought the game was lacking. The whole Lenne & Shuyin was pretty .. pointless? Pfft, I don't know. It was just boring. :bored:

kain_ex
06-11-2006, 11:43 PM

I can tell you in one word: Brother. He's the only thing I didn't like in the game. Even the "disasteriffic" line and how neither Yuna nor Rikku could seem to stand still half the time was something I saw as natural. But Brother was Sin reincarnated.

Yeah, u're right... I think the Square guys were... drunk. Think about it: To LOVE your cousin, like man and woman is strange... also Brother doesn't seem that much masculine, he seems to be bissexual. I'd like to ask to Square why they've did Brother like that

No.78
06-12-2006, 09:19 AM
like man and woman is strange... also Brother doesn't seem that much masculine, he seems to be bissexual. I'd like to ask to Square why they've did Brother like that

??? Where are you getting this info from1?

I thought the only problem with this game was Blitzball and the voice acting. That's about it.

Summoner
06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
like man and woman is strange... also Brother doesn't seem that much masculine, he seems to be bissexual. I'd like to ask to Square why they've did Brother like that

I thought the only problem with this game was Blitzball and the voice acting. That's about it.

You must not have seen Brother. The way he acted was weird. While his sexual preference did cross my mind once, I dismissed it. But he acts in a way that makes you cringe and clench your teeth. And his obssession with Yuna isn't right. I mean, I knew that Yuna and Rikku were cousins, and I knew that Brother was Rikku's......well, brother. But I didn't follow the line from Yuna to Brother for awhile. And, when I found out, I suddenly felt that Brother should be turned into a fiend just so I could have the satisfaction of killing him. And I think Yuna may feel the same way.

kain_ex
06-13-2006, 12:44 AM

If you haven't played the game, I suppose you need to play and see to your own eyes the way Brother acts... while by the logic you can see:
Brother has a crush for Yuna. Yuna and Rikku are cousins. Rikku is Brother's sister, so this makes Yuna and Brother cousins. Don't you think it's odd and wrong to cousins begin to date and get married? Well, if Yuna didn't objected... I think they'd probably do this.

Now, more at the middle of the game, Brother really looks like to be gay.

Nominus Experse
06-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Indeed, I found Brother and his antics to be something... strange, to say the least. And many times I wondered if Square had somehow made Brother gay, yet given him that strange, very annoying fixation with Yuna - his COUSIN!

Although, there are a lot of instances in the game that don't really make sense, and I have heard from many people concerning these points in the game to be there just for the 'fun' factor. X-2 was abundantly bubbly and overdone in the 'fun', in my opinion. Now, do not get me wrong, I was glad to see that Square was doing something to change that stereotype of where the only FF stories are dreary, sad, etc.... It's just... it seemed overdone and unnessary in some parts.

The one thing that I DID enjoy most was how the player was given the choice to do what they wanted, and when. Not really a complete 'how' yet, but it was nice to have something non-linear. And I absolutely loved the battle system - it seemed to run like quicksilver, and to see how you could chain attacks for better damage and sometimes stun the enemies... I liked that aspect of it.

One last thing: anyone ever notice that after playing FFX through numerous times, the battle theme becomes the music of Hell? The same battle theme, over, and over, and over... I liked how X-2 was thoughtful enough to have more than one battle theme( 3, I believe).

feona17
06-26-2006, 05:21 AM
I haven't bothered to read this whole thread, because maybe my opinion would become slightly biased. But anyway, honestly, I loved X-2. It was free, it was fun, and it wasn't exceedingly easy (Although I would've liked to at least struggled a bit with Vegnagun). Of course, we all knew exactly what would happen in the end, and that sort of killed the suspense but hey, I still had fun playing it, especially with the battles and.. no one can't not love Rikku. The only thing I disliked was that it only had a couple FMVs. I think the main reason some people don't like it, is because they're playing with an all female cast. Which is really.. retarded.