PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the best song from Hikaru Utada I have ever laid ears to.

Markus. D
03-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Passion (or in english, Sanctuary I think)

what are your thoughts on this beautiful song?

I cant explain my liking and parts of the actual music that make this song so awesome, I even awe at the percussion.

and the vocals, even though I havent heard them in english yet, Hikaru sings them so perfectly to the beat of the music, and what also makes it rather unique from other jpop.... is that she sings a line or 2 in reverse.

I then tried listening to it reversed.... but it all sounded reversed :\

Giga Guess
03-15-2006, 01:00 AM
I downloaded Passion (English passion is completely different than the Japanese one...but both sound fantastic.) the other day. Very, VERY good.

Jowy
03-15-2006, 02:38 AM
I hear it every fifteen minutes at work. I'm sick of it.

Mythra
03-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Very good song, much better than simple and clean imho. Anyone know when they'll release the english version of the song? I'll still prob. like the japanese version of it better (I usually do), just want to hear what it sounds like.

Markus. D
03-16-2006, 08:36 AM
by the way giga guess.

I think your refferring to the theme song for passions (I came across it thinking it was the english one, and the artist was stated as Utada Hikaru).... she doesnt even sing it.

AND THE FLUTE IS ANNNOOOOYING CAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF THE SOAP!!!!

Giga Guess
03-16-2006, 01:20 PM
by the way giga guess.

I think your refferring to the theme song for passions (I came across it thinking it was the english one, and the artist was stated as Utada Hikaru).... she doesnt even sing it.

AND THE FLUTE IS ANNNOOOOYING CAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF THE SOAP!!!!

It was introduced as a Utada Hikaru song, but I'll concede that it's not the first time Limewire got it wrong.

Moon Rabbits
03-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Passion is good, but Utada Hikaru has far better songs. My top three are Kettobase!, Be My Last, and Colors.