PDA

View Full Version : Monster Killing Tips

terley
03-15-2006, 01:43 AM
ok currently im 10% into FFX-2

ive no idea what im doing atm :P i just know that brother has picked up a treasure shpere reading in zanarkand

the thing is no matter where i go i get caned by monsters.. badly and it seems a little to fast to keep up with whats going on :S

any tips for being able to take out monsters easily

its prolly cuz im too used to hitting 99,999 with tidus on FFX lol

Venom
03-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Leveling up might help.

TheSpoonyBard
03-15-2006, 02:37 AM
You see the stars next to the location name? The more stars, the more difficult the battles. Find somewhere with only 1 or 2 stars and level up there for a while. If the battles become too easy and the EXP becomes trivial, move to somewhere with a higher rating. As you level up the ratings will drop, indicating you're more suited to explore that area.

Tavrobel
03-15-2006, 10:10 PM
ok currently im 10% into FFX-2

ive no idea what im doing atm :P i just know that brother has picked up a treasure shpere reading in zanarkand

the thing is no matter where i go i get caned by monsters.. badly and it seems a little to fast to keep up with whats going on :S

any tips for being able to take out monsters easily

its prolly cuz im too used to hitting 99,999 with tidus on FFX lol

It's not because you are used to doing 99999 with all characters. It seems that way, but it is because you refuse to level up to a reasonable level. The stars indicate difficulty based on your level. Going to a 1 or 2 star place will make it easiest, but also more annoying to level up. 3 provided sufficiently harder battles, but just thinking your way through will not force you to use any items. 4 and 5 mean you are not ready unless you are willing to shell out multiple items in one battle, healing, damaging, or etc. (I am assuming that you find this game challenging, and that you are still on your first game, otherwise, I would tell you to put on your Charm Bangle, and battle Vegnagun as fast as you can, fighting only the battles you needed to)

Set your settings to WAIT instead of ACTIVE, (although, you SHOULD be fine with Active anyways, but if you keep dying, it may just be you, not the difficulty of the game; non-existant) in the options menu, acessed by going to the Main Screen, and going to the bottom. It should give you a plethora of options.