PDA

View Full Version : Best quotes

Madame Adequate
03-15-2006, 02:56 AM
What do you think the best things said in videogames are?

I could just quote all of Alpha Centauri and ask the thread be closed, because that would settle the question, but I shall leave it open for discussion.

I can't not quote this though;

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Ethics of Greed"
Sid Meier's Alpha Centuari

I would submit the attached as a particularly excellent line.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-15-2006, 03:44 AM
To quote Alpha Centauri again:

"Some would ask, "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?" They have missed a greater conodrum: "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"
-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, We Must Dissent.

In other games:

"Your wounds are minor compared to what you will receive if you continue to bother me!"
-- Dark Elf, Morrowind.

"It's your pet, the freakin' head humper!"
-- Barney, Half-Life 2.

fantasyjunkie
03-15-2006, 08:43 AM
"JOIN THE ARMY THEY SAID!" Footman from Warcraft 2 after being clicked on too many times.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Mark Lawrenson: I'dve fancied my dog to score from there (euro 2000)

Samuraid
03-15-2006, 10:05 AM
"JOIN THE ARMY THEY SAID!" Footman from Warcraft 2 after being clicked on too many times.
'See the world' they said!
I'd rather be sailing.

Some of the Warcraft 3 units say some pretty funny stuff as well.

Madame Adequate
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
'See the world' they said!
I'd rather be sailing.

Some of the Warcraft 3 units say some pretty funny stuff as well.

"Me not that kind of Orc!"

NeoCracker
03-15-2006, 03:42 PM
"The song is... the song is I. Mirror Mirror on the wall, show me, define me. I am not an Anti Existance! I am the Perfect Chain!" Albedo, Xenosaga Episode one.

"I was Born an S.O.B.," a response from FF XI.

"You think a little thing like the end of the world can stop me?" Sabin, FF VI.

"To Be forgoten is worse than Death," Freya, FF IX

"We must save the Queen!"
"Save the Queen we must!" Zorn and Thorn, FF IX

Captain Maxx Power
03-15-2006, 08:20 PM
"Nah" - First and only line of "The Soldier" from System Shock 2. Yknow, most games lead up to a kind of anti-climax for their endings, but with SS2 you just get that fabulous moment that's nothing short of genius. Go play it now for cryin' out loud, it's free!

Dreddz
03-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Duke Nukem-It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of gum
This happens to be my favourite movie quote in which is was taken from.

Agent Proto
03-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Presea: Please carry that.
Lloyd: Oh! Okay! Leave it to us!

Just when Lloyd and Genis attempts to pick up the sacred wood…

Lloyd: Oh my g…w…wait a minute! Arrgh…this thing is heavy!

Presea comes back and drags the sacred wood by herself.

Lloyd: I’ve lost all confidence as a man.
Genis: Me too…

KentaRawr!
03-15-2006, 10:56 PM
"All your base are belong to us!"

People seem to be forgetting that Zerowing was a video game. :p

Medi
03-16-2006, 12:57 AM
"The last Metroid is in captivity, the galaxy is at peace."

black orb
03-16-2006, 01:20 AM
>>> Check this site for VG quotes..
http://zanyvg.overclocked.org/

PramTheOracle
03-16-2006, 02:08 AM
"You're The King? I didnt vote for you"
- Peasant Wc3

And since noone said it yet....

"You Spoony Bard"

fantasyjunkie
03-16-2006, 03:39 AM
"Nah" - First and only line of "The Soldier" from System Shock 2. Yknow, most games lead up to a kind of anti-climax for their endings, but with SS2 you just get that fabulous moment that's nothing short of genius. Go play it now for cryin' out loud, it's free!
It's really free? Wow :eek:

mega_tonberry
03-16-2006, 05:59 AM
"Hey! Your that ninga!",Raiden stating the obvious in MGS2.

And all those zerowing quotes. My favorite, after the all your base one, is "You have no chance to survive make your time.".

Vyk
03-16-2006, 09:16 AM
"Evil 'round every corner... careful not to step any." -Minsc, Baldur's Gate

bipper
03-16-2006, 12:27 PM
"Evil 'round every corner... careful not to step any." -Minsc, Baldur's Gate

Minsc from Balder's gate nearly rivals warcraft in hilariousness, and he is but one sprite!

"Cover your nose boo, we shall leave no crevice untouched!" -Minsc
Minsc has a hamster pet named boo - very disturbing, wrong, and hilarious all at once.

More minsc!:
" I don't know what you are talking about, but boo thinks your just Ducky!"
"BUTT KICKING! FOR JUSTICE!" - not funny, lest you hear him say it yourself.

Baldurs Gate II is my favorite video game to date as well, I suggest you all play it through.

Bipper

Lost Number
03-16-2006, 04:31 PM
You have curried the favour of Boo, the only giant mutant space hamster in the realm!

Shiny
03-23-2006, 03:55 AM
Splinter Cell: CT- "Oh my God, you're a ninja! Please kill me with your nunchucks."
GTA 3- "My mothers' my sister!"

Something to that extent.

FallenAngel411
03-23-2006, 04:00 AM
"That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen."
-Guybrush Threepwood

-TIDUS-
03-23-2006, 05:25 AM
How could you forget the famous,

"Subzero wins, fatality"

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-23-2006, 06:20 AM
From Baldur's Gate:

Protagonist (to Portalbendarwinden): Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!

Markus. D
03-23-2006, 07:11 AM
"Hey they have been just standing there that whole time while we have been talking, how patient of them" - Laharl and Ethna from Disgaea.

it went something like that.... still funny heh heh.

and the best is still the intro to Square Enix from Drakengard 2.

Shiny
03-23-2006, 07:41 PM
"I am Cow Pi."

I don't remember the game it's from at the very moment...some series.

Vyk
03-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Sure its not Dynasty Warriors? There's a Cao Pi

Elite Lord Sigma
03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I know of a line stated by Daikokuya the Wealthy from Skies of Arcadia, but I can't remember the exact quote. When I do, I'll post it.

Vivi123
03-23-2006, 09:17 PM
No cloud, no squall shall hinder us... and The canary I'm after... she flew into her cage of her own free will.

Master Quan
03-23-2006, 09:35 PM
To quote Alpha Centauri again:

"Some would ask, "How could a perfect God create a universe with so much that is evil?" They have missed a greater conodrum: "Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"
-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, We Must Dissent.

That quote is awesome. I HAVE to get this game.

As for my one and only favourite: G-man's line "One man can make all the difference in the world". The delivery was perfect.

SeeDRankLou
03-23-2006, 10:12 PM
"The song is... the song is I. Mirror Mirror on the wall, show me, define me. I am the infinite telomerase! I am not an Anti Existance! I am the Perfect Chain!" Albedo, Xenosaga Episode one.
Good quote, just forgot a small but important part of it.

Yuna: It's so big.
Rikku: Woohoo, no more climbing!
Paine: Could you please focus?

That always cracks me up.

DK
03-23-2006, 11:11 PM
I miss Alpha Centuri now. That game was amazing. :(

Levian
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM
"Various books about science and politics, nothing important." ~ Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

mega_tonberry
03-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Any metaphor in Max Payne

Raistlin
03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
"Kyle... you suck." - Nall, from Lunar SSSC

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2006, 01:48 AM
I did these quotes in another thread, then realized there was a quote thread, so here they are (couldn't settle for just one).

-Monkey Island 1-4. The story of a wise-cracking pirate anti-hero, Guybrush, and his fight against the Ghost Zombie Captain Lechuck.
Quotes:

1.While following Ozzy
"Be vewy vewy quiet" Guybrush (Bugs Bunny)

2.After Guybrush steals the idol from Governor Marley's mansion...
FESTER: Well, let's hear your explanation.
GUYBRUSH: It belongs in a museum! (Indy)

3.In the scene where Guybrush and Wally are hanging over the pit of acid.
LeChuck: "Any more questions?"
Guybrush: "Where do babies come from?"

4.Largo and Guybrush on the bridge outside Woodtick
Largo: HA! Scream all you want, there are no police on Scabb Island.
Guybrush: Then who eats all the doughnuts and roughs up the transients?

-Grim Fandango. The story of Manny Calavera's journey over four years across the Land of the Dead to get to heaven. His job (because he wasn't buried with enough treasure) is to work off his time introducing new dead skeleton-people to the Land of the Dead.
Quotes:

1.Manny: Glottis... Glottis... is that a German name?
Glottis: Oh, no. My roots lie not in any Earthly nation's soil. I am an elemental spirit summoned up from the Land of the Dead itself and given one purpose, one skill, one desire... TO DRIVE. Or, to change oil or adjust timing belts if no driving jobs are open.

2.[Manny throws an inflatable balloon, shaped as the head of Robert Frost and filled with crumbs near pigions, and it pops as they peck it]: Run, you pigeons. It's Robert Frost.

3.(I love this one, it's great when you hear it in the game) Manny:I just locked an open door... strange, yet symbolically compelling.

4.[Manny looks at a hamburger and fries on a table in a Land of the Living restaurant]: I can't reap hamburger - cows are a whole other bureau, not to mention the lettuce.

-Psychonauts. The story of a psychic kid Razputin and his fight to get the other psychics' brains back.
Quotes:

1.Sasha:Oh... so tacky! Can't... look... directly at it!
[Talking about a very colourful lamp, and to Raz] But I control those feelings, focus them, concentrate, and... Release!
[He psi-blasts the lamp to smithereens]
Sasha Nein: And... the world is a better place.

2.Dogen[his brain has been stolen]:Tee... vee

-Day of the Tentacle. Three weird people stop a tentacle's plan of world domination.
Quote:

1.Purple Tentacle, upon growing arms: I feel like I could...like I could...TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

-Sam and Max Hit the Road. The adventure of a Talking Dog (Sam) and a rabbity thing (Max).
Quotes:

1.[after the opening credits]
Sam: Well, that was a pleasantly understated credits sequence.
Max: I enjoyed the cheesy retro ambience.
Sam: What the hell are you talking about, Max?

2.Sam: Percent sign, ampersand, dollar sign.
Max: And colon, semicolon too!
[foul-mouthed]Psychic: What are you
beep-ing doing?
Sam: Swearing in longhand, asterisk-mouth.

FallenAngel411
03-24-2006, 01:55 AM
That's it, I'm buying Grim Fandango right now.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2006, 01:57 AM
That's it, I'm buying Grim Fandango right now.

Good for you. I'm sure you'll really like it. Have you tried out Lechuck's Revenge yet?

Vyk
03-24-2006, 02:02 AM
FallenAngel411 likes awesome point and click adventures too? ♥

I was slightly obsessing over Minsc recently and came across a nice little list of quotes. And I loved this one.

Minsc: Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge!

He never said that in my game :(

FallenAngel411
03-24-2006, 02:10 AM
I loouuurve classic adventure games!

And Lechuck's Revenge is absolutely awesome. Maybe its just the wonder of a new MI but I think its making me laugh more than the others. :3

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2006, 02:34 AM

And Lechuck's Revenge is absolutely awesome. Maybe its just the wonder of a new MI but I think its making me laugh more than the others. :3

Like I said, to me it's the best MI. Many would say Curse of Monkey Island is the best, and in terms of graphics and sound, technically it is. But I like MI2's story, dialog, characters, injokes/references and especially its atmosphere: it has this really great atmosphere that makes me feel like I'm there. And as for music, it may be MIDI, but it is still some of the best music. It has the first appeareance of the real Stan's theme, for one, and the main theme is excelllent. I won't spoil a very special segment near a big tree for you...

And on Scumm Vm you can make the sound better. So far I found the "Window's MIDI" setting the best. (You have to overide the Global Sound Card setting first in Audio Options).

btw sorry for several off-topic posts.

Vyk
03-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Thou hast earned new respect, m'dear :D

FallenAngel411
03-24-2006, 03:40 AM
Yay, respect! :p

I will definitely try the setting on scummvm....thanks for the tip, Vincent!

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Thou hast earned new respect, m'dear :D

From me too.:)

FallenAngel411
03-24-2006, 03:52 AM
:love:

Odaisé Gaelach
03-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not too sure about this quote word-for-word or the quoter, but it's still pretty good.

From System Shock 2:

"Why is it that no one listens to me. The security protocols on the Xerxes system are clearly immature. Some idiot hacked into the primary dataloop last night and make Xerxes play Elvis Presley songs for three hours. I finally had to pull the voice subsystem off-line. What would happen if someone with a real agenda got into him?"
-- Euguine Delacroix, crew member of the Von Braun

And one more:

"Babies need fresh flesh!"
-- Cyborg Midwife

Twilight Edge
03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
"What'cha want me do?"from an orc unit in warcraft 3.(maybe)
"F U."by none other than the WWE punk wrestler,John Cena.
"Rest in peace."by Undertaker.
"I just plan on breaking your ankle in pieces!"by Kurt Angle.
"I cried aloud with mirth and merriment."From almost everybody in these forums.
"How about never?"by Blank.
"GWAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAH!"by baku.

FF_crazy
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life." -Auron
The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness in the depths of the Earth.-Vincent

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2006, 11:17 PM
The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness in the depths of the Earth.-Vincent

I said that? I'm really poetic aren't I?

Joking...I remember that one, it's just before entering the Northern Crater. These are my faves from the series.

There's no stopping this train we're on.
-Cloud, Barret, FF7

What you will see will eventually become a part of life's dream.
-Bugenhagen, FF7

Look always to the internal flow of time which
is far greater than the span of a human life.
-Bugenhagen FF7

I don't care if it's science or magical power. No, come to think of it, if I
had to, I'd put my faith in science. Because of science, humans who used to only roam around on the ground are able to fly now! And finally, we're about to go into outer space. Science is `Power' created and developed by humans. And science just might be what saves this planet. I was able to earn my
living thanks to science. So to me, there's nothing greater!
-Cid, FF7

Strength without determination means nothing...
And determination without strength is equally useless...!
-Godo, FF7

Escape from a world of illusions... Hmph... I wonder which is better.
-Vincent, FF7

Barret looks so funny in that sailor's uniform...
-Tifa, FF7

(I'm like a mix of Vincent and Cloud, but my fave character has always been Barret.)

The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
-Amarant, FF9

You don't need a reason to help people.
-Zidane, FF9 (Yeah, it's a bit cheesy, but it's true!)

People pass down stories of other people to whom they feel an affinity. The people in the story had flaws, as we all do. That is why they became heroes in the people's mind. (excellent, excellent quote)
-Dagger (to Ramuh, ``Human'' Story), FF9

We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!
-Freija, FF9

Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a miracle-worker! Ask somebody else.
-(When you ask the supervisor about potions-it's a Star Trek joke! I'm not a fan of the show, but I got it.) FF9

Those quotes reveal a bit of my character. But they don't in any way live up to the crisp dialogue of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango etc.

Elite Lord Sigma
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
More Skies Quotes:

"Come on! Dance for me!"
-Gilder, when he uses his Special Attack "Gunslinger"

"If you speak in that manner again, I shall cleave you in two."
-Ramirez

"I wish they were all that easy."
-Gilder, Victory Quote

Psychotic
04-01-2006, 10:56 PM
"This is the last thing I needed. Well actually, the last thing I needed was an enema, but this comes close."

Tommy Vercetti, Vice City.

Madame Adequate
04-02-2006, 05:36 AM
I sit in my cubicle, here on the motherworld.
When I die, they will put my body in a box and
dispose of it in the cold ground.
And in all the million ages to come, I will never
breathe or laugh or twitch again.
So won't you run and play with me here among the
teeming mass of humanity?
The universe has spared us this moment.

- Anonymous
Alpha Centuari (Again)

Also roffles at Psych's!

Elite Lord Sigma
04-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Two More SoA Quotes:

"Impossible is a just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they give up."
-Vyse

This second conversation is between the party and Daikokuya (the guy I mentioned in my first post on this thread) in the GCN Legends version of the game after the party defeats Daikokuya.

Daikokuya: I give up! You win! I wouldn't have expected any less of you! I think I'm smitten with you! That power...that strength! I guess there really are things in this world that money can't buy!

Aika: You've learned quite an important lesson! So, why don't you just stop wasting your money and quietly go home?

Daikokuya: You are speaking to the one and only Daikokuya! While I promise to cause no more trouble, I will not discontinue my travels around the world!

Vyse: Hahaha, you're an energetic old guy, aren't ya?

Daikokuya: Well well, if it isn't Vyse. We managed to get ourselves lost in this frigid place. I'm frozen stiff. I was hoping that you would warm me up, Vyse...

Vyse: W, warm you up?! Uh...you're joking, right??

Daikokuya: Only partly, but I know your love belongs to someone else. I guess this means I've found yet another thing money cannot buy.

Aika: Ahahaha! Well, Vyse, you sure are popular these days!

Vyse: (with a disgusted and shocked look on his face): All hands on deck! Prepare for emergency escape!

(Vyse runs back into the Delphinus, his ship. Aika and Ffna burst out laughing.)

Ramza Beoulve
04-03-2006, 10:17 PM
"It's because I'm a Beoulve that I don't obey them! The name shouldn't be used for self-gain, but rather for divine "justice"! During the War, my father fought and died to save the people from invasion... Beoulves must not fight for a defunct royal family, but only for Noble rights!" Ramza, FFT

Now a complete change of style...

"That's the end of the Beoulves..... Names do not matter. What matters is how you live your life." Ramza, FFT

"Right and wrong are not what seperate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that seperate us." Squall, FF8

"The best ideas do not always bring the best results." Delita, FFT

"True strength lies in the just mind." Bahamut, FF2

"Silence! Surrender, or die in obscurity!" Ramza, FFT

Evastio
04-04-2006, 12:18 AM
From Matellite:

"We're poor!!! We need money!!!! Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Az Lionheart
04-06-2006, 09:42 PM
FATALITY

*pwned*

Vivi123
04-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Zidane: Gee, all s/he ever thinks about is food.
Dagger: Well, all you ever think about is girls.
Zidane: Uh, that's right! My mind is filled with thoughts of... you!
(Maybe I'm trying too hard...)

Ya you are Zidane.

Pike
04-07-2006, 03:55 AM
"You are but a caracature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"

~Fawful, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Evastio
04-07-2006, 04:01 AM
Oh, I forgot another quote:

Use your courage wisely!
- FF Mystic Quest

Erdrick Holmes
04-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Cid: Sit your ass down adn drink your goddam tea!

Fei and Joe from Xenogears

Joe: Wanna hear my Super Mucahcho information?

Fei: Super Nacho Information? What's so important about nachos?

Ryu: You must defeat Shen Long to stand a chance

Akuma in SVC Chaos: SNK Vs Capcom: Defeating you takes less effort than slapping a baby.... not that I'd ever do that.

Dan in Street Fighter Alpha 3: Forget the Art of Fighting, I wanna be the King of Fighters.

If you can't figure out how funny that quote is you're a dweeb

fantasyjunkie
04-07-2006, 05:15 AM
I like it in FF7 when they were going up those stairs in Shinra HQ and when Barret said he was getting tired Tifa said " Don't be a retard!"

Raistlin
04-07-2006, 06:00 PM
"Oh my poor gentlemanly body!" - Euram, Suikoden V

"You!!! Mother has a name for women like YOU! "Hussies"!!! The Princess orders you to clothe yourself, hussy!!!" - Lymsleia, Suikoden V

This game has so many good quotes, it's ridiculous. There are many more I can think of but I can't remember the wording. One of them was Kyle complimenting your castle's thick walls. ;D ;D

Summoner Yuna
04-08-2006, 10:02 AM
"I don't care what you are doing, so much
as the idiotic way that you are doing it."
Vincent FF7

Ramza Beoulve
04-08-2006, 10:04 PM
How could you forget this ones?

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." - Magus, CT

Little Girl: "What're those?"
Doan: "They just might be our future."
- Little girl and Doan (talking about the seeds), CT

"Everyone feels sick the first time they kill someone... but killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it." - Solid Snake, MGS

Dracula: "It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans, who wish to pay me tribute."
Richter: "Tribute?!?! You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!"
Dracula: "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions..."
- Richter Belmont and Dracula at the end of Castlevania X.

"You have been doomed since you lost the ability to love." - Alucard to Dracula, Castlevania SotN

"Remember: The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Alucard, Castlevania SotN

Luther X-Rated
04-09-2006, 10:08 PM
"It's time to soldier!"
-Cleon "The Warriors" -

I like to say that to my friends when we group to fight other people.

I Don't Need A Name
04-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Final Fantasy 1, almost everyone in the game: "Bless The Crystals!" haha cracks me up all the time.

PramTheOracle
04-09-2006, 11:08 PM
"Are we truly Evil, Or just... Missunderstood?" - Moonlight Flower

Sinar
04-11-2006, 01:21 AM
The entire sequence from MGS3 when you call the black guy (can't remember his name, the weapons dude) and you naked and when you call him when your inside a box. something along the lines of...
S(snake) BG(black guy)

BG-"...Snake...why are you naked?"
S-"I don't know...feels good"
BG-"But Snake, not only does it raise your visibility, it also lowers your stamina and makes it easier fro you to get sick"
S-"yea well, it feels nice like this"
BG-" yea well, you shouldn't do it. going without a shirt isn't smart."
S-"hey, i got a question"
BG-"yea Snake?"
S-"...is their any way for me to take my pants off?"
BG-" ahhhh Hell no. got me working with the crazy guy."
S-"hahaha"

o yea, and when you eat a Russian Glow cap mushroom and you call paramedic. that whole convo is hilarious.

Soilder-"Who are you guys anyways?"
Cloud-"I'm former SOLDIER first class."
Berret-"I'm from AVALANCHE"
Tiffa-"Same here!"
Aeris"I'm a flower girl from the slums...."
just find it funny they all were like pros and she's a flower girl.

Cid- "lady luck don't fail me now" (as Lady Luck airship plummets at them)

From DMC:
(final guy, can't remember name)"i'll come back!"
Dante: "and when you do give my regards to my son!"

never played this one but its from i think Phantom Blade. Apparently this beastly swordsmen gets cloned and the clone goes on a rampage
party- "what are you doing here?"
guy-"i heard i was going on a rampage so i came here to stop myself."

Lost Number
04-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Deus Ex

Bad guy : You take another step forward and here I am again, like your own reflection in a hall of mirrors
Denton : That makes me one ugly son of a -----

The Void
04-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Duke Nukem-It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of gum

That's my favourite too, along with "Your face, your ass...what's the difference". I also love Cloud's "Let's mosey everyone", don't know why, it just make's us laugh. :D :tonberry:

Lost Number
04-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I was born on a battlefield. Raised on a battlefield. Gunfire, sirens and screams... they were my lullabies... Hunted like dogs day after day... driven from our ragged shelters... That... was my life. Each morning, I'd wake up... and find a few more of my family or friends dead beside me. I'd stare at the morning sun...and pray to make it through the day. The governments of the world turned a blind eye to our misery. But then... he appeared. My hero... Saladin... he took me away from all that...

Very nice quote from Sniper Wolf, MGS.

Druggelz
04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Here are some qoutes I like:
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember...that is the illusion."-Sephiroth (FF7)

Anyone stupid enough to get near me dies

I dreamed I was a moron."- Squall (FF8)

Only stupid people call other people stupid who call them stupid!"

"Memories are nice but that's all they are"-Rikku

"This' gonna be a big splash. Hold on to your drawers and don't piss in 'em."-Cid (FF7)

"If you aren't remembered, then you never existed."

"Listen up! Teamwork means staying out of my way!"-Seifer (FF8)

"Why do people depend on each other? In the end you're on your own."-Squall (FF8)

"The future is not something to see, but something to create."

Roto13
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
"The world won't change, Harman. All it does is turn." *maniacal laughter* ~Kun Lan, Killer 7

NeoCracker
04-13-2006, 01:29 AM
This one's from the end of KH2
If they're the light, We'll be the Darkness, Riku

Sinar
04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
gotta add, nice icon and sig Roto. first i only saw the icon and was like "Nice, Rammstein's "Amerika" video" then i scrolled down and saw the sig lol.

Sinar
04-14-2006, 12:47 AM
...what happened? i didn't type 'cried aloud with mirth and merriment'....did mods change it for some reason?

Roto13
04-14-2006, 01:43 AM
It's a substitute for L-O-L. And thank you. :)

Cor Blimey! ~ Yangus, Dragon Quest VII

Cruise Control
04-14-2006, 02:15 AM
No, it only happens if you type LOL followed by a period.

NeoCracker
04-14-2006, 02:29 AM
Lol. LEts test that theory. Anyway, here''s another from KH2
"Being with Roxas made me feel like I had a heart," Axel, Might be a little off, but its the same meaning.

fantasyjunkie
04-15-2006, 12:34 AM
No, it only happens if you type LOL followed by a period.
ohhhhh ok, I get it! LOL.

Chloe.
04-21-2006, 08:55 PM
These are from Star Ocean:Till The End Of Time...

Cliff: Hey, don't laugh. I'm actually a bit of an artiste myself, though you wouldn't know it to look at me. Mirage said as much.
Fayt: She did?
Cliff: That's right. She said, "You're the kind of guy who decides with his emotions before using his head." In other words, she thinks I'm an impressionist.
Fayt: I don't think that's what she meant...
Cliff: Yeah, and she also said I'm "Always looking at pretty girls," which I guess is her way of praising my keen sense of aesthetics, don't you think? :D

And this one....

[Watches Fayt get hit by a rock]
Albel: Learn to dodge, fool! :p

They crack me up....:cool:

lady yunalesca
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
anything from duke nukem (lifted from ash in army of darkness)..........ash is cool (grunts ala beavis & butthead)

:)

The Last Ancient
04-22-2006, 09:13 PM
"I am Error," Error from Zelda 2.

"Where are you Sephiroth," Cloud FF7.

"So cold, I am always by your side," Sephiroth's response.

"But Cloud you are a.....................a puppet." Jenova in Final Fantasy VII

"Cochaluchia," Prince and Farah, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

"A man like you.... You're a hero," Sniper Wolf to Snake in MGS

"What was she fighting for, what am I fighting for, what are YOU fighting for," Otacon asks Snake.

"If we get through this I'll tell you," Snake's response.

"After Zanzibar, I was taken from the battle. Neither truly alive nor truly dead. An undying shadow in a world of lights. But soon. Soon. It will finally end." Gray Fox, MGS.

"I'm a nomad too, " Snake in MGS 2 (I could do a whole one of mgs easily)

"If you want the truth then follow me Ashley Riot," Sydney Lassorot, Vagrant Story.

"You speak.......at last. The terror I am sorry," John Hardin, Vagrant story.

"And so began the story of the wanderer............the vagrant." Vagrant Story.

"Ramza, what did you get? I................" Delita in Final Fantasy Tactics.

"The one with the mirror.........." Ryo Hazuki, Shenmue 2.

"It means treasure." Koudelka to Edward in Koudelka

"Treasure, hoho, thats rich I'll have to remember that." Edward's response.

Gnostic Yevon
04-22-2006, 10:56 PM
"Does Heaven wish us to destroy ourselves?" Liu Bei -- Kessen II

Odaisé Gaelach
04-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Lots of things said by SHODAN.

This is my favourite of her quotes, but you really have to listen to it to get it.

Necron
04-25-2006, 08:03 PM
'You were almost a Jill sandwich!' - Barry Burton, Resident Evil 1.

:D :D