PDA

View Full Version : We all hate the Yellow Submarine...

yoshigirl
03-15-2006, 05:38 AM
Does anyone else hate this song? dont get me wrong--i love the Beatles, but this song gets so freakin annoying. :mog:

Zeromus_X
03-15-2006, 05:39 AM
It's okay every now and then, but it's the only Beatles song that I don't like listening to very often. (Not like Lucy...) :cat:

Shlup
03-15-2006, 05:41 AM
It makes me sway like a filthy hippie.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
The fact that I live in a yellow submarine makes it even worse. Oh, how the children make fun. :(

kikimm
03-15-2006, 05:48 AM
Lounge lounge lounge

I've never actually heard the whole thing. But my mom used to sing parts of it to me when I was younger so I wouldn't be so bored when I walked to school, because it has a good beat to it that I could think of and walk to and...you know? :(

Leeza
03-15-2006, 06:16 AM
I've never cared for it all that much, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate it. It does have a certain rhythm to it. :)

Lychon
03-15-2006, 06:29 AM
It's okay every now and then, but it's the only Beatles song that I don't like listening to very often. (Not like Lucy...) :cat:

...in the Sky with Diamonds?

-LYCHON

-N-
03-15-2006, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it, but it's not my thing.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Can't say I agree with you on that yoshigirl

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2006, 01:37 PM
It's certainly not my favorite Beatles tune, but I enjoy it. Plus it spawned the Yellow Submarine movie, which is one of my very favorite films.

Cz
03-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of Yellow Submarine. It's no classic, but The Beatles made worse songs.

Resha
03-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I love it. It makes me giggle madly, and feel like a little kid! Even though someone told me it was about drugs. I really like Lucy, too. Lucy's great. LSD.

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds stemmed from a drawing Julian Lennon made of a woman flying through the sky. When asked what it was, he replied "It's Lucy in the sky, with diamonds!"

The lyrics of the song are no doubt heavily drug influenced, LSD/acid/mescaline/mushrooms/peyote most likely, given the imagery, but the title wasnt made to be a reference to LSD.

Miriel
03-15-2006, 02:04 PM
It's alright. But I can see how it could become loathsome if you listened to it on repeat for awhile.

~SapphireStar~
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM
The film, song and band are godly. Dont diss!

Psychotic
03-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds stemmed from a drawing Julian Lennon made of a woman flying through the sky. When asked what it was, he replied "It's Lucy in the sky, with diamonds!"My mum (who was a massive Beatles fan back in the day, and actually got to see them live) said that one of Julian's classmates, Lucy, was ill, and he drew that picture to make her feel better. Although I just looked it up on Wikipedia, and that says nothing about her being ill.

Yellow Submarine is alright. Nothing special, but I don't dislike it either. (Sitting on the fence is fun)

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds stemmed from a drawing Julian Lennon made of a woman flying through the sky. When asked what it was, he replied "It's Lucy in the sky, with diamonds!"My mum (who was a massive Beatles fan back in the day, and actually got to see them live) said that one of Julian's classmates, Lucy, was ill, and he drew that picture to make her feel better. Although I just looked it up on Wikipedia, and that says nothing about her being ill.

Oh? I didnt know that much, all I knew was that it was a drawing he made. Good to know.

And that's so awesome that your mom could see them live.

theundeadhero
03-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Us Blue Meanies only take NO for an answer! NO, I don't hate the Yellow Submarine.

NeoCracker
03-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I love it.

Jess
03-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I haven't heard it in a long time. I don't hate it, though. :bigsmile:

yoshigirl
03-15-2006, 11:07 PM
The film, song and band are godly. Dont diss!
as i said b4, i love the beatles, so im not dissin them, just that song. its a great song, but only for the first 8 years or so...

yoshigirl
03-16-2006, 12:47 AM
ok. ill explain this. the reason that i dont like this song is only cause in grade school, the kids would sing that song every single day. on the bus, at school. that has got to b the only beatles song i dont like.-- #9 is really wierd, but cool. it kinda freaks me out though, and i think they were all stoned at the time ;)

DMKA
03-16-2006, 12:49 AM
I love that song and I love the movie.

XxSephirothxX
03-16-2006, 12:54 AM
In middle school, I hated it, simply because these kids I knew sang it every day just to annoy me. :p I don't mind it now, though it's still probably my least-favorite Beatles song.

yoshigirl
03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
tht is so kool that she saw them live. my mom never did, and when she finaly got the chance, her mom wouldnt let her. she did see Elvis though! and he gave her 5$ and asked her to play her guitar for him(but she was too shy)
P.S. fine then. im officially changing the title to: "We all mostly kindof like the Yellow Submarine" (not literally, since i dont think u can ;))

Rye
03-16-2006, 01:52 AM
I don't like it. Aside from a few songs from The Beatles, I'm really not much of a fan. They're good, just not my cup of tea. :)

Jebus
03-16-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm a huge Beatles fan, and I'd have to say I enjoy that song. Not my favorite, but it makes me smile when I hear it.

yoshigirl
03-16-2006, 04:24 AM
ok. i like the song, but hate people singing "we all live in a Yellow Submarine" over and over again. i like the beatles version though, but its not my favorite. i used to b obsessed w/ maxwells silver hammer, but i listened to it so much that now its annoying. *sigh* beatles music should be taken in small doses.

Itsunari 2000
03-16-2006, 04:35 PM
INAAA TAAOWN WHERE AAH WAS BOOAAWN .... * blows brains out*

~SapphireStar~
03-16-2006, 04:41 PM
she did see Elvis though! and he gave her 5$ and asked her to play her guitar for him(but she was too shy)
OMG!?!?!? Im totally green with envy here! Lucky woman. And I can understand hearing it everyday sung by dull annoying schoolkids would put you off.

Anaisa
03-16-2006, 04:49 PM
No I don't hate the song. But I do hate annoying kids that keep singing it. I choose to hate the kids, not the song. An my nan knew the Beatles.

~SapphireStar~
03-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Grr! Why do other families know celebs I wanted to know. I only know Steve Coogan:(

Resha
03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
i used to b obsessed w/ maxwells silver hammer, but i listened to it so much that now its annoying. *sigh* beatles music should be taken in small doses.

I LOVE Maxwell's. When I was a kid, I used to listen to that song on repeat for hours and hours and then I badgered my guitar teacher to teach it me and I used to be completely OBSESSED with Maxwell's Silver Hammer. I didn't really understand what the lyrics meant either, so it kinda took me a while to figure out he was a crazy murderer. :D It's a brilliant song.

yoshigirl
03-16-2006, 08:56 PM
I badgered my guitar teacher to teach it me and I used to be completely OBSESSED with Maxwell's Silver Hammer. I didn't really understand what the lyrics meant either, so it kinda took me a while to figure out he was a crazy murderer. :D It's a brilliant song.
--ya i agree--the only song i know on the guitar is hey jude--i <3 that song <(^.^)>

Necronopticous
03-16-2006, 09:42 PM
It's a wonderful song that has been universally played out, a tragedy really.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 10:02 PM
- The Beatles are grand (except their very first songs)
- The cartoon Yellow Submarine was okay.:D
- The song Yellow Submarine is their worst song, without a doubt.(heehee, it's the only song where Ringo Starr does the vocals, and it's my least favorite:p )

TheAbominatrix
04-09-2006, 10:11 PM
It's hardly the only song where Ringo does the vocals.

He does With a Little Help from my Friends, Octopus' Garden, Act Naturally, and a few others I cant recall off the top of my head.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 10:14 PM
*slap myself on the head:eyebrow:

Offcourse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Beatles_songs_by_singer
:rolleyes2 My mistake....

TheAbominatrix
04-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Poor Ringo, you make him cry :D

I was gonna look for that but wiki hates me at present.

Spiffing Cheese
04-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I used to like it, but then they made us play it three thousand, four hundred and ninety six times in my music class and now it makes me want to kill myself. :(

Vincent, Thunder God
04-10-2006, 04:07 AM
I don't like the Beatles in general. I used to when I was young, but my tastes have matured. They are far too predictable, and far too pop music. I like experimental stuff now, like Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake and Palmer, King Crimson, and Frank Zappa.

Despotus
04-10-2006, 04:46 AM
Naaah, I dig it! It's a great song to sing with drunken friends, so it's one of my regular tunes when I go to the Karoke rooms here in Korea. And the movie freakin' rules! :cool:

friedpork
04-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Worst song made by the beatles, but still good because beatles own.

Avathar
04-10-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't like the Beatles in general. I used to when I was young, but my tastes have matured. They are far too predictable, and far too pop music. I like experimental stuff now, like Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake and Palmer, King Crimson, and Frank Zappa.

:D You forgot to add The Kinks, who, in my opinion, are thousand times better than The Beatles, :mad: although The Beatles were gaining more popularity ("You Really Got Me" is from 1964:eek: , common, it doesn't sound like it's from 1964, The Beatles were still "She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah" in that year:D )

But Vincent, like i said:

- The Beatles are grand (except their very first songs)

The best albums you should give a try:

1. The White Album
2. Revolver
3. Beatles for Sale