PDA

View Full Version : FF8 Movie?

Mazzora
03-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I've decided that is they mad an FF7 movie, then there bound to make an FF8 movie. ^^ Or mabey I'm just dreaming. By the way I havnt been on for awhile, and 4got my password and etc. i was blackwingedcloud i think...

Anyways back on subject, FF8 was better then 7, and the only reason why anybody would say other wise is because they were too stupid to figure out the junction system:D

Twilight Edge
03-15-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't think so.The story was wrapped up in the whole game.

Acid Raine
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
And no, there probably wont be a FF8 movie. In fact, I'm sure there wont be. They made a FF7 movie because FF7 is the most popular FF worldwide, and, they had a lot of room to work with, AND, they have a lot more graphic-improving technology 10 years later.

Iceglow
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
FF8 a movie, seriously I love this game by far my favourite even over X but a movie I doubt. I wouldnt mind seeing it being given a make over for ps2 or preferably ps3 (if you see the mgs4 demo then well you understand why) but not a movie

Mazzora
03-15-2006, 03:58 PM
:D Iguess to each there own right?

Kamrusepas
03-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Some have complained that playing FFVIII is like playing an interactive movie. So wouldn't it make a great movie then?

Unfortunately, I doubt they're gonna do anything like that.

Luara
03-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I would like to see it if there was one; because I didnt played ff8... :(

~SapphireStar~
03-15-2006, 11:04 PM
No movie, no damm spin offs either. Leave the already exsisting FFs alone and make some damm more!

Medi
03-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I love this game, but I'm sick of these FF spin offs and sequels. They might as well make a sequel to Gigli.

Death Penalty
03-16-2006, 01:19 AM
This game wasnt even on the standards of FF7. So a movie about is a ludicrous idea

Hambone
03-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Final Fantasy VII surpasses Final Fantasy VIII by a mile. I don't want a Final Fantasy VIII movie.

Qurange
03-16-2006, 02:56 AM
I don't really want to see an FFVIII movie, especially after seeing FFVII:AC. I kind of like FFVIII as it is, and I don't trust Square not to mutilate canon as it has with the FFVII collection.

Besides, FFVIII is already the best on its own.

Jsb01
03-16-2006, 02:56 AM
I was thinking about that a couple years ago.

Moon Rabbits
03-16-2006, 04:21 AM
No, leave it alone. What I would like to see is a re-release of the Ultimania guide with an explanation of EXACTLY what time compression is.

FF8 is my favourite FF (I like FF7 alot, I just prefer 8, 3, and 6 over 7) and making the ludicrous amounts of spin-offs/sequels/prequels/whathaveyou that they are for FF7 would ruin the game, as in my opinion they've done to FF7. As Saphire Star said, NO MORE SEQUELS AND SPINOFFS, just make us another goddamn game!

Mazzora
03-16-2006, 05:04 AM
It's funny, people always seem to mis-duplicate me alot. If they made a movie I would want it to be one that explained more about the things that were left unexplained. So more or less like FF7: Last Order. I wouldn't want them to make one like FF7AC cause I can agree that it would be bad, but if they did I certainly wouldn't not see it. Know what I mean. I would really like to see squall in graphics like that, and see who was going to do his voice. Thats all.

Zeromus_X
03-16-2006, 05:34 AM
I don't really want to see an FFVIII movie, especially after seeing FFVII:AC. I kind of like FFVIII as it is, and I don't trust Square not to mutilate canon as it has with the FFVII collection.

Besides, FFVIII is already the best on its own.

Tattered Kupo
03-16-2006, 10:25 AM
My first post!!! Hi everyone! Anyway, back on topic... I would love to see a FFVIII movie because the graphics would be way better, and i would love to know who played the voices and stuff :) ... But i wouldnt want them to delete some scenes, and add other ones that were never in the game (like they did with LOTR):(

I think i would still like to see a FFVIII movie though...

HowlingMonkey
03-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Hmm... My opinion on the idea of an FFVIII movie is divided. On the one hand, the plot of FFVIII was ludicrous and would make a crap movie. On the other, making it into a movie would be an opportunity to explain it all properly and flesh out the lesser characters (Zell, Quistis, Irvine, Selphie and Ultimecia). A straight adaptation would make for a bad movie though.

And no spin-offs/sequels!

cloud_doll
03-16-2006, 11:22 PM
one of the reasons they made FF7 a movie was because there were other ways to show that the game wasn't the ending. like, how Jenova, the boss, was still alive. So they could make a movie with her in it. But with 8...I don't think there would be much to have...if they took the story from the game that might be good...but at the same time it would be a waste of time

Mazzora
03-17-2006, 04:49 AM
:p i would more so rather watch the game in good graphics, the way it was, not adding or deleting anything. But simply seeing what is and what was. I would really like to see who they's get for squall, cause in kingdom hearts, the voice was OK(Guy who plays Angel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer), but they can do much better. Honestly we all have very valid reasons, and it could be both good and bad, but if they make one... lets hope it's good, okay?:D

Death Penalty
03-17-2006, 04:57 AM
no lets hope its bad. or mabe squall and rinoa willl break up and it will be good

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2006, 06:16 AM
one of the reasons they made FF7 a movie was because there were other ways to show that the game wasn't the ending. like, how Jenova, the boss, was still alive.

That needed spoiler tags...I haven't seen the godamned movie and I know that Sephy comes back, Jenova is still alive, and Aeris doesn't return at all.

wingHEART
03-17-2006, 06:01 PM
I'd prefer it if they didn't make any movie/spinoffs from this game, more less others...Final Fantasy VIII was my first and favorite FF game, and I really don't want them to mess it up now with a bad movie or something...xD come on square just work on more FF games that we can love.

Fatal Impurity
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
i think there is nothing new that can be done with FF8....not like FF7 anyway....

*~Angel Wing~*
03-18-2006, 04:17 PM
This game wasnt even on the standards of FF7. So a movie about is a ludicrous idea

Final Fantasy VII surpasses Final Fantasy VIII by a mile. I don't want a Final Fantasy VIII movie.

:hot: :frust: OMG FINAL FANTASY VIII WAS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN 7!!! :frust: :hot:
...anyway...:D I don't think I would want any kind of sequel to FFVIII cuz it would probably ruin my love for it. Sequels always mess up the image of the game. If anything, I would like to see a remake on PS2 or PS3, or a prequel would be pretty cool. If they were gonna make any kind of movie, I think they should just use the original Final Fantasy VIII story for a movie.

cloud_doll
03-18-2006, 04:18 PM
one of the reasons they made FF7 a movie was because there were other ways to show that the game wasn't the ending. like, how Jenova, the boss, was still alive.

That needed spoiler tags...I haven't seen the godamned movie and I know that Sephy comes back, Jenova is still alive, and Aeris doesn't return at all.
welll if you played the game you'd already know that

*~Angel Wing~*
03-18-2006, 05:17 PM
welll if you played the game you'd already know that
Well this is the Final Fantasy VIII forums after all, ;) so I don't know why you're talking about spoilers from FFVII openly when maybe some people didn't finish that game yet. (I did though)

Setzer Gabianni
03-18-2006, 06:51 PM
No thanks. It is NOT needed. I do not need to add anymore.

~Setzer Gabianni

Shiny
03-18-2006, 09:20 PM
No movie that would just be excessive.

I don't think so.The story was wrapped up in the whole game.
So very true.

Finally we actually agree on something, haha. :D

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Meh, whatever. It doesn't need one, but a movie is a movie.

Except when it's Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. That was just 3 episodes about crap that wasn't even important thrown together for no reason.

Oh man that was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

PresZidane
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Make new FFs all of them were ok the way they were! SO NO SEQUALS!

Trumpet Thief
03-19-2006, 09:44 PM
chaos: As much as I would like a movie, the thing is that none is needed. The game was wrapped up perfectly at the end of the game, and nothing really sticks out that could be explained in a movie.

Rubedo: Although, I would like more of an explanation on Ultimecia. :rolleyes2

CStrife
03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I've decided that is they mad an FF7 movie, then there bound to make an FF8 movie. ^^ Or mabey I'm just dreaming. By the way I havnt been on for awhile, and 4got my password and etc. i was blackwingedcloud i think...

Anyways back on subject, FF8 was better then 7, and the only reason why anybody would say other wise is because they were too stupid to figure out the junction system:D
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep dreaming...................
i understood the junction system, and i really like the game, but nothing beats the great FFVII.........

LIGHT -of- FANTASY
03-21-2006, 06:42 AM
First post!

My brother told me that they only made FFVII: Advent Children because all the FFVII fans were pissed when FFX-2 was made. They thought that FFVII deserved something too. Anyway, I loved FFVIII but I don't want Square to make a sequel because I absolutly LOVED FFX and after playing FFX-2 it kinda ruined it for me. So, leave a good thing where it is.

TifaLockheart21
03-24-2006, 04:50 AM
i'd have to agree with most of you on not making FF8 into a movie.

True, the game pretty much covered all bases and left us with a gag-worthy happy ending.

Whereas with FF7, there were sidestories that could be explored. Which is probably why square decided to do spinoffs like FF7 :: Dirge of Cerberus for Vincent (Gawd, he's one secksi bish X3). Besides if they tried making FF8 into a movie, they'd probably massacre the whole thing. but hey...that's just my opinion.

-T.

CodyW
03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
In my opinion.. I wouldn't want a movie sequel to the game. NOW, maybe, just maybe, a cinematic remake of the game, that added just a teeny bit more detail. Something like, more info on the sorceress and such. Just little things like that. I know I'd definately love it. But apart from that, I think an actual sequel would kill it.

boys from the dwarf
03-25-2006, 02:25 PM
if you go on FFgurus.net theres a very good FF8 sequel fanfic which would make quite a good game or movie but still wouldnt be as good as the original game so i doubt that they should because FF8 just doest seem right for a sequel.

Sword
03-25-2006, 03:25 PM
They could make a film of the last part of the game. That would be cool with Griever and all. Ultimately I just want to squall in hi-res.

goku
03-25-2006, 03:36 PM
:choc2: they wont make an ff8 movie i dont think but it would be awsome if they did :D i think they should make a kingdomhearts movie that would rock!!!!!!!! :choc2:

Larahl
03-25-2006, 05:07 PM
No movie, no damm spin offs either. Leave the already exsisting FFs alone and make some damm more!
The smartest thing that anyone said in this thread.

Kadaj of SHM
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Personally, i think they should make the movie on the whole game meaning the whole story from the game. I agree a sequal will spoil it. (but as im easy going, i wouldnt mind and be gald to watch it).

Like i said i bought the game a few years ago and got to CD 3. I never managed to finnish it because i had to go to the Army. Now im in the UK, and had to leave my PS 1 and games in Cyprus. I cant afford to re-buy a PS 1 and FF 8. So i would love to see a movie based on the whole story because i doubt i will get to finnish the game as im busy.

For peolpe like me who havent really finnished the game and Enjoyed the CGI world of FF VII AC, It would be nice to see FF 8 in a movie with the original story. So that you can go back to seing the whole thing without having to play the game and skip certian scripts or battle out just to see one of your fave Movie scenes from the Game.

I hope you get my point here. I owuld love to see like the scene when Rinoa and Squall meet for the First time in a CGI, that would be amazing. Also GF's like Shiva in CGI, Wicked man. And some Battles with the Magic.

FF 8 as a CGI movie with the original story from the game will kick arse for Anime and CGI fans.