PDA

View Full Version : Recent accomplishments

Pages : [1] 2 3

Miriel
03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Y'all know the deal. Brag about stuff you've accomplished recently.

I finally got my last two teleport scrolls, Vahzl and Yhoat and I'm about 100,000 away from buying my very first Astral Ring. Hurrah!

Also, I just unlocked BST and completed the Gobbie Bag III quest. Not that big a deal, but they're still minor accomplishments!

Yeargdribble
03-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I haven't done much in the realm of accomplishment recently but I did get my SMN from 10-18 and plan to hit 20 very soon. I also managed to lose 6k XP in Dynamis last night.

Not too long ago I managed to get my Assault Jerkin from Ose finally at 1/4 and bring my record on getting a Shaman's Cloak from Centurio X-I to 0/8 though I did get some Adaman Ore for a quick 100k gil and got Stonega II and saved myself about 200-300k gil.

Rostum
03-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I haven't really been playing that much lately. :(

Yeargdribble
03-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Well I got my SMN to 20. I was a little sad. I was hoping to break 500 MP but I didn't... juuuust a bit short.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/MP.jpg

Levian
03-16-2006, 10:39 AM
I walked from Bastok to Windurst.

strawberryman
03-16-2006, 08:49 PM
*Lists*

-Got BLM to 60
-Penitents rope <3
-Lufaise access... finally.
-Fought in Ifrit, Shiva, Garuda, Ramuh, Titan, and Leviathan prime battles
-Up to ZM6

Most of those could'nt be done without the help of LS/Friends/some pickup groups, i'll admit. ;)

Germ Hamee
03-17-2006, 06:38 PM
I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, but the last "big accomplishment" of mine was finishing the Warp II scroll quest. That was hard for a little 35blm to do all by himself. x_X

Hopefully I'll get to level 40 within the next year so I can use it, yes?

Yeargdribble
03-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Well I finally got my jobs all out of the dunes... all 20+ as you can see in my sig. I will most likely speed my way to 37 of NIN and maybe even THF so I can use them as subs before having to return my borrow emp pin.

After this I think I'll work on a few things like getting my windy rank up and systematically leveling all of my jobs more (i.e. all to 25 and past qufim)

chionos
03-21-2006, 03:05 AM
got my blm to 50 and got a Moldavite Earring and killed Ouryu.
beat cop 4-3 and 5-2 and then got stuck on 5-3 forever
Snoll Tzar fight's horrible. Finally beat it though and am now on 6-4 just a few steps from Sea. Done a lot with LS, killed Kirin every few days and gotten 5 osodes in the last couple months. Got Xolotl day before yesterday. Personally, got Fenrir the other day, rather easily. Had no luck on KSNM ODS, unfortunately. got thief to 74 WOOT UTSUSEMI: NI.
most accomplishments have been in the area of cop in one way or another. soon i'll go back to getting rich

Fayts
03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
i finaly got to rank 4 XD now just need to do the four hour or so rank 4 mission yippy

Gustafson
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey All! I havnt been posting here lately, but I did get alot accomplished in-game this last week.

Dynamis Shell did Dynamis-Xarcabard for the first time and got some pretty good drops. Were going after Dynamis Lord on friday.

Sky shell was able to take down Kirin in 54 minutes! Some of you may have killed him faster, but this was only our 3rd Kirin we have ever done as a shell.

Helped some friends get sky access.

Oh, and went from CoP mission 2-5 (Riverene Site #A01) to 8-1, so I finally have Sea and Limbus access! This was the biggest accomplishment I've done in game in a long time. It was very time consuming and cost alot of gil and xp, but was well worth it in the end.

Anyways, congrats to everyone who got stuff done this week!

Yeargdribble
03-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Nice time on Kirin especially for a 3rd run o.O We're gonna attempt to straight tank Kirin on our next run... should be interesting. The best times I've heard are from this method with very strategic SCing and MBing with many BLMs. I've heard of a group doing this and taking Kirin in around 15 minutes before all of his Demi-gods were every summoned.

2-5 through 8-1 in a week o.O! That's impressive. I assume you're with a static. GL with the rest of Chapter 8 ^^

Necronopticous
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
I just hit level 30 and unlocked Samurai after only being back for 1 short week.

Miriel
03-22-2006, 01:13 AM
I just hit level 30 and unlocked Samurai after only being back for 1 short week.
Holy crap. :eek:

Ouch!
03-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Holy crap indeed. That's madness.

Necronopticous
03-22-2006, 01:47 AM
[CENTER]http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/samurai01.jpg

escobert
03-22-2006, 05:28 AM
YOU CRAZY CRACKER!

Ouch!
03-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Do you even have a life anymore? D=

Necronopticous
03-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Yes, it takes place beneath the divine canopy of Altana in the land of Vanadiel.

Miriel
03-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Seriously Nec, how many hours have you already logged? I mean, christ, I've been playing for almost 1.5 years and my highest level is 47. :p

Necronopticous
03-23-2006, 04:33 AM
I'll tell you when my Samurai hits 47!

Miriel
03-23-2006, 04:41 AM
People like you and Matt make me feel like a horrible lagger.

(Matt and his girlfriend have been playing for like 1/4 the time I have, and they're already in their 70s ;_; )

Yeargdribble
03-23-2006, 09:16 AM
If it makes you feel any better Miriel I have a friend on my server who's been playing since the NA release and it still only 58 BLM.

As far as accomplishments ^^

I've recently zoomed from Rank 6 to Rank 9 Windy. I'm glad because after getting used to being Rank 10 sandy with really long signets you feel like a loser at Rank 6 (especially leveling through the dunes on all of those jobs iwth short signet ><). To make it even more miraculous I've managed to make it through everything up to this point with no more than 3 people on any mission lol. This was especially interesting on 8-1 against the BLM NM orc and all of the adds in that damned old house ><

I also managed to get my NIN within spitting distance of 30. Hoping to fly to 37 pretty quickly and then maybe take THF to 37 for sub as well before giving my friend back his Emp Pin and buying one of my own.

Germ Hamee
03-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Dude... I've been playing this game for a LONG time, and my highest lvl is BLM42, Rank 3. It's really sad.

Lionx
03-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Define long time.

Um...i guess recent accomplishment is getting 700K off ENM due to no one wanting clusters and a lucky lot X3

Gustafson
03-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Nice time on Kirin especially for a 3rd run o.O We're gonna attempt to straight tank Kirin on our next run... should be interesting. The best times I've heard are from this method with very strategic SCing and MBing with many BLMs. I've heard of a group doing this and taking Kirin in around 15 minutes before all of his Demi-gods were every summoned.

2-5 through 8-1 in a week o.O! That's impressive. I assume you're with a static. GL with the rest of Chapter 8 ^^

Yeah, I was very happy we were able to deal with Kirin in that short of a time. Our secret is MNKs. We have 12 of them and each group boosts together at intervals. So, when one group is ready the BLM pt drops from alliance we pick the MNKs up and they Chi. That group drops the other party of MNKs get picked up, Chi then drop. Then we pick the BLMs up use our TP and they burst. It works very well and takes alot of HP off kirin.

I've never heard of people straight tanking Kirin. Let me know on the strat. you use and how well it works. I hate runnin after him trying to get my WS off then lose TP cause I move, or he goes out of range.

I did have a static for CoP which made it alot easier. Luckily we went 1/1 on most of the BC fights except for the Snoll fight and the Mithra fight. Supprisingly we went 1/1 on Omega.

Anyways, more accomplishments!

I'm now Bastok Rank 2 >.> Decided to switch after bein a bum and stayin Rank 10 for so long. We got 8-1 and 8-2 done in CoP, and I finished ZM 15, 16, and am doing 17 tonight.

Glad to see this thread is still alive. Good luck everyone on whatever missions your on!

Ouch!
03-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I played the game since the NA release and the highest level I ever got was level 41. /shrug

Yeargdribble
03-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah your strat sounds awesome for Kirin. If you have BRDs to spare you could throw a BRD into each of your MNK PTs ^^ 2xMND Etude on every MNK (about +25MND) and their Chi's will really rip him up. I've MPK'd many a MNK by making them hit too damn hard.

As for kiting... I hate it too. It's hard chasing people around and trying to aim an 8 second cast at someone running in an almost random path.

Our group managed to go 1/1 on every BC except Omega. We tried with a PLD tank first... ouch! When we went back and our PLD changed to his NIN we tore it up. GL on 8-3 because those Zdei are nasty. You almost have to use a RR strat.

As for ZMs... I really really need to get off my ass and get some people together for ZM17 and then work on a group for Bahamut so I can do Apocolypse Nigh and get my damned Magnetic Earring.

Germ Hamee
03-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Define long time.

Technically since NA release, but I've had my current (and highest) charactor for about a year.

Miriel
03-24-2006, 02:12 AM
Define long time.

Technically since NA release, but I've had my current (and highest) charactor for about a year.
You make me feel better about myself. :D

Yeargdribble
03-31-2006, 03:14 AM
Well I finally got my NIN sub to 37. I really enjoy NIN and wouldn't mind taking it to 75 but I don't feel like the effort currently. I find that doing anything a BRD/NIN is far harder than NIN main as there's just so much going on at once to think about but it's definitely fun and steps my soloing up a notch.

Had a really good Dynamis-Sandy run with my new group Tuesday. We had 15-20 AF drop. Almost 2 of everything. Sadly not 2 of my damn BRD hat so I didn't get my hat but I did get Monster Trousers which means I'm 2/5 on BST Relic.

KentaRawr!
04-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I re-joined my LS and got myself 100k in gil. n.n Then I spent about 20k of this gil on new equipment.

>_> Not too much to brag about.

Rostum
04-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Well, I finally got my first AF2 piece (valor coronet) and a relic blade (great sword). I guess that's pretty fun. Can't wait to do more dynamis and get more pieces. Then my aim will be to get full koenig. =)

Lionx
04-16-2006, 11:20 AM
^ what he said except i got nothing lol, just going into dynamis is enough for me :3

Jimsour
04-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Just hit 46 DRK. Love that job, it's amazing. I'm thinking about bringing every DRK subbable job to 37, but I hate ninja and can't be arsed with it, bah. Was advised to bring WAR, THF, SAM and NIN to 37, a lot of work.

Markus. D
04-16-2006, 05:16 PM
I deleted my WHM an made a Monk who I intend to begin playing tomorow :)

Yeargdribble
04-16-2006, 08:40 PM
I deleted my WHM an made a Monk who I intend to begin playing tomorow :)

Are you ever actually gonna try to make any progress or do you plan to just keep getting jobs leveled up a bit and deleting them? You could've leveled MNK on your other character you realize. You would've already had the benefits of a little evasion skill and other skill as well and potentially a subjob. I guess to each his own but if I was never able to get into the meat of the game I just wouldn't understand the point of playing.

As for me I've finally started making progress again. I did a little WHM leveling quite some time ago. Got to 42 but decided to stop leveling for a bit until I can get my Astral Earring for when I hit 45 ^^. I'll probably eventually try leveling SMN some more soon. Maybe even as a full subjob because I think post 50 I'll prefer SMN sub for my WHM and will be using a Magician's Earring for an extra 30 MP. At 42 I'm sitting on 700 MP ^^.

Much more recently I finished ZM17 finally. I can't believe I put it off for so long as it was painfully simple. Now I just need to fight Bahamut v1 and then do Apocolypse Nigh for my Magnetic Earring yipee

Also finally got the flag for Dynamis-Windurst. Too bad I slept through D-Jeuno a while back or I'd have ice access. I'm having a hell of a bad time with lotting. Still only 1/5 on BRD but I'm 2/5 (was almost 3/5) on BST.

chionos
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
plowed through cop missions last couple days.
finally beat 6-4 and went on to kill the nm's for 7-4
beat 7-5 last night got {Sea}woot! then went on to beat 8-1, with 8-2 coming up soon. Can't freakin wait to get to do limbus and start saving up for brutal earring.
ls is starting on northlands next week, i've had access forever but we haven't gone bc members needed various wins. really excited about assassin pants and hands
got my first af2 actually in last dynamis, assassin's vest, which is crap really but i'm happy to have it.

Yeargdribble
04-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey grats on sea ^^ Now you just have that horrible Zdei BC and then 8-4 which isn't bad and you can have your ring. I'm guessing you'll be going with Rajas.

Yesterday me and my wife did some more random quests. We've now finished almost every single San d'Orian quest. Only 2 more normal quests left (except for AF, LuShangs and WS quests). We've got "Spice Gals" and "Fit for a Prince" left. We'll probably just have to create mules for each other to get the "Fit for a Prince" pain in the ass done. It'll be nice to have them all done. You never know when some old retarded quest will end up being the pre-req for a later, much more awesome quest.

chionos
04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
I try to pay attention to where i'm at when i'm traveling, bc for many quests you pass right by the ??? all the time w/out stopping for 5 secs to get a cs or fight a mob; and I try to hold on to things that I know are needed for certain quests, instead of thinking that I can just get it later. I remember I had a few friends who were doing the sleepga2 quest when it was @3m+ and i desparately needed gil. I don't know how many lanolin cubes i'd just thrown away, thinking I could just get it later, but my friends ended up doing the fight w/out me bc I couldn't get the pre-req quests done in time mainly bc it took me 2 days to actually get a lanolin cube. People tend to regret, in the end, not doing quests when there's a piece of eq that's selling like crazy, or something they need that is the reward of a quest with a bunch of pre-reqs that they ignored.

eternalshiva
04-20-2006, 07:46 PM
My latest accomplishments?

Sea: O (On 8-3)
Sky: O (old news)
Dynamis Baucedine WIN with 31 people :P woot GreatBelow Dynamis!
AF2: RDM 3/5 WHM 1/5
WHM to 75
RDM to 75
NIN to 37 <- omfg I hate that job :x
Savage Blade : O
Hexa Strike: 187/215 ; ; WHM/NIN FTW!
Currently working on THF ._.;

Yeargdribble
04-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Unlocked all of the new jobs among other things /cheer expansion.

Rostum
04-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Expansion still hasn't arrived on my door step. ; ;! Damn you gameswarehouse...

Yeargdribble
04-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Expansion still hasn't arrived on my door step. ; ;! Damn you gameswarehouse...

This is part of why I don't pre-order. A lot of peopel that pre-ordered got screwed and where ever they ordered from didn't get it for whatever reason. So they end up having to wait or just eat their reserve fee (or full shipping cost in some cases) to get a copy from some place that has it.

BTW... COR 3 and BLU 6. I've managed to learn Foot Kick and Sandspin. It's quite difficult to learn blue magics and takes some patience.

Rostum
04-21-2006, 12:57 AM
This is part of why I don't pre-order. A lot of peopel that pre-ordered got screwed and where ever they ordered from didn't get it for whatever reason. So they end up having to wait or just eat their reserve fee (or full shipping cost in some cases) to get a copy from some place that has it.

Actually, Australia recieved the expansion at the same time as Europe. I got an email from Gameswarehouse telling me they shipped it the day it was released. So it should be here today, if not, I blame the delivery guys! Damn those bitches!

Markus. D
04-21-2006, 02:12 AM
damn....

lordblazer
04-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Are you ever actually gonna try to make any progress or do you plan to just keep getting jobs leveled up a bit and deleting them? You could've leveled MNK on your other character you realize. You would've already had the benefits of a little evasion skill and other skill as well and potentially a subjob. I guess to each his own but if I was never able to get into the meat of the game I just wouldn't understand the point of playing.

As for me I've finally started making progress again. I did a little WHM leveling quite some time ago. Got to 42 but decided to stop leveling for a bit until I can get my Astral Earring for when I hit 45 ^^. I'll probably eventually try leveling SMN some more soon. Maybe even as a full subjob because I think post 50 I'll prefer SMN sub for my WHM and will be using a Magician's Earring for an extra 30 MP. At 42 I'm sitting on 700 MP ^^.

Much more recently I finished ZM17 finally. I can't believe I put it off for so long as it was painfully simple. Now I just need to fight Bahamut v1 and then do Apocolypse Nigh for my Magnetic Earring yipee

Also finally got the flag for Dynamis-Windurst. Too bad I slept through D-Jeuno a while back or I'd have ice access. I'm having a hell of a bad time with lotting. Still only 1/5 on BRD but I'm 2/5 (was almost 3/5) on BST.
He's not bothering you by doing so man lol lay off him lol. Let him play the game at the pace he sees fit.

Miriel
04-21-2006, 03:40 AM

BTW... COR 3 and BLU 6. I've managed to learn Foot Kick and Sandspin. It's quite difficult to learn blue magics and takes some patience.
*cries*

There are like lvl 20 BLUs running around already and I don't even have my expansion pack. ;_;

Rostum
04-21-2006, 10:07 AM
I got the expansion today, now just getting a quicksand caves coffer key with a friend, to get access to the play (dropped my pld testimony).

Yeargdribble
04-22-2006, 02:49 AM
He's not bothering you by doing so man lol lay off him I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Let him play the game at the pace he sees fit.

Granted... he's not complaining about the lack of content or anything like most people that play the way he does so I'll say that he's not that bothersome. I just fear that he'll be like the droves of other that either start 20 characters or never play past level 20 and then quit. Then these people go and let everyone know how there is no story and nothing but slow grinding with no real content. -_-

If he wants to play that way I guess that's his prerogative but it's frustrating to know that he's really missing out on some of the great content in the game.

Markus. D
04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
level 10 with my Monk.

I am currently posting through window hack >_>

<_<

*Punches with Cesti*

I cant afford/find a Ryl Ftm Cesti. but thats my goal for tonight ;)

Rostum
04-22-2006, 02:42 PM
I went and visited the expansion area tonight, and it's so awesome! x.x; I have BLU, COR and the PUP quest is nearly finished. =) Will finish it off before I go to bed, yay!

chionos
04-23-2006, 12:15 AM
the expansion is great. have all 3 jobs, and i'm on the 4th toau mission. Most of my time has been spent exploring and killing the mobs to see what various drops are out there. absolutely love that we have flans now. they're big and purple and...it's just an awesome nestalgia trip.
also got olduum ring today, it has enchantment warp: wajaom woodlands every 24 hours like tavnazian ring. my home points in whitegate neway but i sometimes change hp w/out thinking and this ring will save me having to go through the whole mhuara thing.
Going to do assault tonight, can't wait.

Rostum
04-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Nice work Chionos!

I still haven't explored more than the job quests in the expansion. How are the missions so far? =) I might try and get into them, but I'm still trying to finish off CoP (2-3... damnit!), nations missions (only R7... damnit!) and ZM (on ark angles.... DAMNITT!). >.<;;;

Yeargdribble
04-23-2006, 12:31 AM
For Tsukasa.... I'd suggest if you have the means getting a pair of Tropical Punches. They have Accuracy and no added delay. They are only good for certain situations though. I'd say if you're in a PT that insists on fighting IT++++++ mobs use your higher damage, higher delay knucks and if you are fighting T and VT mobs use the punches as they will cause far more DoT on mobs that aren't ridiculously too high for your PT.

Hy Chionos... On Mission 3 is it required to do an Assualt before talking to Salaheem again? I talked to Rytaal twice and got my ID. Do I have to flag an Assault... do any Assault... Do you know what the pre-req is to finish that mission and move on to mission 4?

As for me I've gotten my BLU to 9 with my wife and we've thusfar collected all of our blue magics and a few ahead of us. Later we're gonna continue working on getting some more and also finish doing some ToAU missions as well as some quests... notably the Caedarva Mire map quest.

Yeargdribble
04-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Alright... just a few CSs away from ToAU mission 8. Also managed to get my map of Caedarva Mire and do the Mog House exit quest for Al Zahbi.... Haven't really accomplished much lol

eternalshiva
04-24-2006, 02:28 AM
There's a COR on my server starting his AF =| he's lvl 50.

Miriel
04-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Are you kidding me? :eek:

Markus. D
04-24-2006, 03:06 AM
For Tsukasa.... I'd suggest if you have the means getting a pair of Tropical Punches. They have Accuracy and no added delay. They are only good for certain situations though. I'd say if you're in a PT that insists on fighting IT++++++ mobs use your higher damage, higher delay knucks and if you are fighting T and VT mobs use the punches as they will cause far more DoT on mobs that aren't ridiculously too high for your PT.

Hy Chionos... On Mission 3 is it required to do an Assualt before talking to Salaheem again? I talked to Rytaal twice and got my ID. Do I have to flag an Assault... do any Assault... Do you know what the pre-req is to finish that mission and move on to mission 4?

As for me I've gotten my BLU to 9 with my wife and we've thusfar collected all of our blue magics and a few ahead of us. Later we're gonna continue working on getting some more and also finish doing some ToAU missions as well as some quests... notably the Caedarva Mire map quest.

good idea, thank you :)

I am 6 levels away from level 18 >_<

Kyri
04-24-2006, 03:06 AM

I saw a BLU level 54 on my server today. >.<

Miriel
04-24-2006, 03:08 AM
Holy crap, what is wrong with these people? Do they not eat or sleep or take breaks to watch Iron Chef?

Yeargdribble
04-24-2006, 03:19 AM
The leader of a well know JP LS (Well known for cheating in very obvious ways and never getting in trouble for it) has a 50+ BLU on our server. He is never not on. He's obviously XPing 24/7 in a static with his LS and PLs a plenty. He's leveled so fast people have suspected him of using hacks on the empress band or something to keep the XP that high that fast.

BTW... I'm up to Mission 8 and now at the end of what is apparently the current ToAU line of missions though I have suspicion that winning a few of each of the Assaults has something to do with this current mission that people know so little about.

Lionx
04-24-2006, 08:40 AM
48 PUP, none other than Steven ;o he is infamous.

Yeargdribble
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Well me and my wife both got our BLUs to 13 in addition to getting all of our spells through 18 with the exceptoin of Blastbomb. We're able to get Chain #3s duo easily. BLU is such an amazing job class.

Markus. D
04-25-2006, 03:07 AM
any Corsairs... I would really like to here from a person who has played up to at least level... 20 with one.

chionos
04-25-2006, 08:46 PM
There is a 61Pup and 61Blu on my server. Well actually probably higher by now, that was two days ago. They're ptying together. I suspect they have ppl xping in shifts to get it so high so fast, which is retarded.

My most recent accomplishment was finishing the CoP cutscenes and getting my Rajas. Starting with the cutscenes for 8-3, 8-4, CoP really freaking goes out like a pro. The last cop cutscene is the best in the game. Today I can finish out ToAU to M8 and keep working on assault and quests bc I think, like Year, that doing assault missions, and maybe besieged and aht urhgan quests are the keys to moving on with the missions. Most ppl I know think that there are no more missions for now and have given up on it, but I don't think that's the case. 1-8 is just too easy to be all there is. I've also gotten the Caedarva Mire map. The Plague Chigoe is my first ToAU NM^^. Oh and finished Zilart missions couple days ago, so I can totally concentrate on the new areas.

Yeargdribble
04-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah most people gave up but I notice that when you check your Mission log and see that last Mission is says something along the lines of "Naja Salaheem is all fired up for you to do as many missions as possible."

This says to me that we're supposed to be doing some Assaults and from what I'm hearing at the BG forums people who did 5/5 of the first tier of Assaults get access to a second tier of Assaults and have access to a quest that lets them be ranked Private First Class by Salaheem.

Grats on finishing Zilart and CoP... You gonna try for Bahamut and Apocolypse Nigh now and if so which ring do you have your eye on?

As for me. Me and my wife didn't make much progress yesterday. We leveled our BLUs from 13-14.5ish. She learned Blastbomb and I didn't as usual ; ;. We didn't get much XP done because we found a week spot in the market left by everyone rushing into the expansion and filled it. Made about 2M in a few hours yesterday and continuing to fill the void and get teh gilz.

Markus. D
04-26-2006, 05:46 AM
me and and a friend managed to take down a Stonelauncher, then another :O....

made me feel special :P.
oh, and I found warrior weapon... which has no use to me, so I gave it to my buddy.

Miriel
04-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Oh hell yes, besieged is ON! Go go go!

EDIT: Lamest crap EVER. Beasts never even made it close to the city. Weeeeak. Close to 300 people waiting around the city only to have people send tells 2 minutes into besieged to say that the trolls were retreating.

Other servers have the same experience?

On the plus side, it's so awesome seeing so many familiar names in one spot.

chionos
04-28-2006, 05:09 AM
same problem on my server mir, i waited for hours and the mobs never even made it to the city. It might have something to do w/ so many people flooding the area. I'm hoping next time there aren't so many and the mobs don't run away.
Yes I'm gonna do Bahamut and Apocalypse Nigh soon. Ls is planning a run w/in about a week, so hopefully we won't get slaughtered. Ethereal Earring definately is what I'll get.

theundeadhero
04-28-2006, 09:23 AM
I can have a subjob now :hyper:

Yeargdribble
04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
My latest accomplishment now is finding myself in a position where I cannot play at all. I've recently had to move and changed ISPs. I went from Cable to DSL and now I can surf the net and download things fine but I cannot stay consistently connected to POL or AIM for more than 2 minutes at a time.

If anyone has a clue what the problem is and possibly how to fix it I'd love the help especially since we're doing Dynamis Sandy on Tuesday and I'm pretty much next in line for my AFv2 hat.

I was first in line for a Genbu's Shield that dropped last night sky... but couldn't sign on so I didn't get it -.-

Lionx
04-29-2006, 12:29 AM
http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/general.ffxi.discussion/55170-beseiged.discussion.html

Yeargdribble
05-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Woot I'm back in the game and with a bang. I picked up something new tonight Dynamis-Beaucedine.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Justa.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Justa2.jpg

Miriel
05-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Aww, sooo cute!

Levian
05-06-2006, 11:16 PM
You totally renamed this forum, didn't you?

Rostum
05-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Congratulations Year. ^^

Ouch!
05-07-2006, 12:57 AM
I recently confirmed how horrible Square Enix's customer service is first hand. That's about it.

Miriel
05-07-2006, 01:34 AM
You totally renamed this forum, didn't you?
I had a hand in it, yes. I guess that's sort of an accomplishment but I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna help much with the, "liek is this game online onry?" questions since the people who ask those questions don't read in the first place. >_>

Rostum
05-07-2006, 01:58 AM
I recently confirmed how horrible Square Enix's customer service is first hand. That's about it.

Didn't they get an official rating of "F" for their customer service?

chionos
05-07-2006, 02:16 AM
*Ding* 75THF and my first merit(crit%+). EXP in Caedarva Mire and Bhaflau Thickets is freakin awesome. Was in a pt last night Whm Nin Nin Nin Nin Thf that was ridiculous. If you ever get the chance to xp there, the basic idea is claim everything that pops, sleep them and kill one by one which usually turns into two by two or three by three. w/ 4 nins and me, we didn't even worry about sleeping anything, just tore everything up. almost 30k xp in a couple hours. The xp is awesome there, as well, because you throw Sanction on and in the time it takes to get one merit you've got enough ISP to buy an imperial gold piece which started on ah at 1m+ but is down to 300k a pop now. Either way, it's the best way I know of to get xp and gil at the same time, and it's the funnest xp i've ever gotten.
Today I got my Tatami Shield, 1/2 so I'm 1/3 overall, first run someone cfh on Gration at the last second. I'm anxious to do some intimidation.
gotta try to make some money now, maybe get lucky on a pcharm run.

theundeadhero
05-08-2006, 03:59 AM
I fought in an experience party and ate a bowl of raisin bran at the same time! Levian witnessed this accomplishment.

Levian
05-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah, that was an accomplishment if I ever saw one.

Anyway, I finally got to level 20 with my WAR, but it took a while. 4 AM before going to bed. D:

Congrats, chionos. :cool:

Miriel
05-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Anyway, I finally got to level 20 with my WAR, but it took a while. 4 AM before going to bed. D:

Good job! :up:

Yeargdribble
05-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Well after a rough few grueling days of camping I finally got it.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/MyCloak.jpg

theundeadhero
05-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Chocobos :)

Also, MNK21/War11.

Yeargdribble
05-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Chocobos :)

Also, MNK21/War11.

Grats!!!

My most recent accomplishment... losing 4k XP ^^

Oh yeah... got my RSE Sachet. Just what my taru needs... more INT for BLM :radred: I've got pretty much the sickest gear setup for my BLM atm. I'm excited for my static to start.

strawberryman
05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Well after a rough few grueling days of camping I finally got it.

Year, you make me feel horrible 'cause i'm 1/1 on it and I wasn't even camping it. xD; And even having it was thanks to Lion and Ome and a bunch of my LS mates anyway. >_>

Congratulations, anyway. :3

Yeargdribble
05-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Nobody else has updated so instead of double posting I'll revise my accomplishments over the past few days.

So I got the crafting bug. To make a long story short I got my Cloth to 21.5 and my Bone to 8. Haven't had very much time to craft lately as things have been so busy. Hope to improve on that soon. Bone was supposed to just be a short term sub to help with a bridge in Cloth but I may go ahead and take it to 60 to get it out of the way.

After putting in the effort to get ToD on Bo'Who Warmonger I logged in just as JPs were killing it but got that ToD and went 1/1 getting my shield. Now my BLM is pretty much as well equipped as he can be without getting a pair of Morion Earring +1. A few of the leeter pieces can be seen below.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/ePeen.jpg

So the next day I did some sea with my sea shell. We did Jailer of Hope with bad results because we just weren't being careful enough but it was fun nonetheless. After Hope we ran Limbus and due to some glitch I got stuck outside but a piece for my AF upgrade dropped anyway and I got it along with 6 Ancient Beastcoins.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Limbus.jpg

So we had some fun in sky tonight (and still are so I may be updating again soon). We did Seiryu and got Kote 3/3 times.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Kote.jpg

I'm going to be enjoying them for making latent HP macros and soloing.

eternalshiva
05-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Wee bragging time!

CoP: O Done that bish was a pain in the arse for 5 months! Rajas' Ring: O!
Got Corsaire to 27 '-')/
oh and there's -alot- of 75 CORs, BLU and PUPs on my server. at least a dozen. My server is full of no life losers. :P JOIN TITAN TODAY! The first lvl 75 COR and BLU were NA players. second one was a JP named Raisin and she's a cute taru! The first lvl 75 COR was camping Fafnir with his LS -_- and he thinks he's all leet and crap. I hate him! /envy

Yeargdribble
06-15-2006, 08:37 PM
I hope this isn't considered a necropost. I recently go my 4th piece or relic. I'm now 4/5. Sadly I'm only missing the hat which is the best piece by far. Funny that I got both of my northlands pieces on the first run considering their extreme rarity and competition over the pants. I'll probably be the first BRD in history to get the entire rest of the set before the hat.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/AF.jpg

I'll be so glad to be rid of the crown which no longer is that useful but looks pretty nice with the body so I keep wearing it for the sake of running around looking good.

Alixsar
06-23-2006, 10:17 PM
I reinstalled FFXI after a year or more of not playing last night. And I bought/installed Aht Urghan today. That's an accomplishment, I think.

Germ Hamee
06-24-2006, 10:33 AM
I finally started Aht Urghan, today. I've had it for awhile, but didn't feel like going. My first two attempts were a failure:

1) I forgot to go back to the Tenshodo after the quest to get the boarding permit. This realization didn't come to me until after I paid and boarded the ship.

2) I got made it to Whitegate, but just wanted to set my HP and warp back to Jueno. Couldn't find HP, so I went to my moghouse and changed jobs. Due to lots of sleepiness I didn't notice that I wasn't asked to set my HP until AFTER I warped to Jueno.

Today, I finally made it safely, and started the missions. I'm excited.

Yeargdribble
06-25-2006, 11:09 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Kabuto.jpg

Finally up to 4/5 on my god gear. Now time to try to get my Shield and Osode and I'll be pretty much done with sky.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/ponder.jpg

No.78
06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Karst gave me permission to participate in conflict! I also got my first rank 5 mission (I think). Now just gotta get Blu to level 50 so I can actually do it...
But yeah, actually finding a red haired elvaan and completing the ballista quest is my accomplishment (although it was wierd, cos the red haired elvaan wasn't even mentioned in the cutscene and prince trion wasn't even there :s)

Laguna
06-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Got my eldieme coffer key and the coffer tonight! Take that stupid zone! Tomorrow night I will be killing Dark Spark, and fast.

chionos
06-27-2006, 08:07 PM
got dynamis beaucedine win
3 days later we kicked Dynamis Lord's butt
good stuff
working on war and blm af1 atm, 3/5 on war 2/5 on blm
got boroka earring yesterday, and astral aspis today
now if thf af2 would just start dropping

Laguna
06-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Obtained Gallant Gloves!

Woo hoo, 3k tnl.

Lawr
06-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Past accomplishment: Level 75.
Thief/Samurai
Quite recent- Amanomurakumo
God-like sword...drools... I can like, decimate Gwyver with this baby.
88 damage and 4 hundred fricken 37 delay! FTW! Owns in Balista Battlefield too.
I haven't played in a while tho.

Edit-
If youre a high LVL Warrior, have you found the Relic Blade yet? Its got max
delay and all but one damage. You might find it in Dynamis-Bastok and it sells for
a lot.

Yeargdribble
06-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Sorry to point this out but pretty much all of this I assume to be lies.

Quite recent- Amanomurakumo
God-like sword...drools... I can like, decimate Gwyver with this baby.
88 damage and 4 hundred fricken 37 delay! FTW! Owns in Balista Battlefield too.
I haven't played in a while tho.

That is the stage 5 relic GK. For someone that hasn't played in a while to own one is basically impossible. Fully upgraded relic take a ridiculous amount of time and dedication to aquire.

Edit-
If youre a high LVL Warrior, have you found the Relic Blade yet? Its got max
delay and all but one damage. You might find it in Dynamis-Bastok and it sells for
a lot.

The first big lie was unbelievable but this is what tipped me off the most. Relic weapons that drop from Dynamis are Ra/Ex. They cannot be traded or sold. The are essentially worthless. You could not possibly have a stage 5 relic and not realize that stage 1 weapons Ra/Ex.

Laguna
06-30-2006, 01:12 AM
There's nothing to stop you selling rare/ex gear to NPCs. I guess it could have meant it in that way. Still, you raise a few good points about the whole post there >.>

Yeargdribble
06-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I suppose perhaps they are NPCable but I've not checked. The fact that nobody in my LS even tries to get the relic weapons that drop like candy in Dynamis makes me think they are non-NPCable. If they were I would assume it would be pretty common knowledge to the entire endgame Dynamis population.

This is something I've crossposted multiple times. It's an examination of how long it would take and how expensive it would be to get Gjallarhorn (stage 5 relic horn). This is one of the cheaper relics so his claimed stage 5 relic GK would be even more difficult to obtain.

Yeah I don't wanna be harsh... just realistic. But I think if you really set your mind to it it's definitely not out of reach. I do know that it seemed a little easier in my head a while back. I'm not sure what the currency amounts are on Aegis but here's what it is on Gjallarhorn.

Stage 1 -> Stage 2 (300 currency)
Stage 2 -> Stage 3 (1,400 currency)
Stage 3 -> Stage 4 (6,000 currency)
Stage 4 -> Stage 5 (10,000 currency) = 17,700

Now on my server atm currency is around 30k more or less. Let's apply that.

1 -> 2 (9M gil)
2 -> 3 (42M gil) = 51M gil
3 -> 4 (180M gil) = 231M gil
4 -> 5 (300M gil) = 531M gil

Now let's assume that you managed to get in a position to sponsor every single run and at every single run you got 300 currency. (this is beyond unlikely as your shell will probably split sponsorship and getting 300 every run will be impossible because you'll be doing ice) This is just a for instance.

So me working on my Horn and needing 17,700 currency.

17,700/300 = 59 runs
59 runs/2 runs/week = 29.5 weeks
29.5weeks/4 week/month = 7.375 months

That's over half a year under the absolute most hospitible conditions of having a shell that is working just on you. Now my shell currently has a rotation of 3 sponsors. Other members can bid their points to lot 100s (including those sponsoring) so sponsors don't get all of the currency. I think this is how a lot of shels work to keep people interested.

Now 300 currency isn't impossible by any means and makes for a decent average. We do do ice or CoP dynamis' one out of every 2 days of the week. Essentially each sponsor is sponsoring on average one day out of every 3rd week. So let's look at it like that.

52 weeks/year
52/3 = 17.3333 sponsorships a year
59 required sponsorships/17.3333/year = 3.4 years

So under normal conditions and not using any other means to get currency I could get my Gjallarhorn in 3.4 years for only 59M gil. Obviously most people who have a Stage 5 relic find other ways to supplement their upgrading.

To have such a thing would take a tremendous amount of dedication and a bit more knowledge about the game. Why did he say "If you're a WAR" and mention only the relic blade. If they are truly sellable to NPCs you wouldn't have to be any specific job to get the relic blade and NPC it. Additionally, the other relic weapons would probably be worth about the same.

I'll actually check later to see if you can in fact NPC relic weapons. There are many items (some not even Ra/Ex) that cannot be NPC'd at all.

chionos
06-30-2006, 09:47 PM
even if it was npc-able wouldn't sell for squat.
sagensyg's obviously completely full of it up to her eyeballs. ha
there's only 1 fully upgraded gkt on my server, owned by a jp who's played since game began and only got it this year

in any case, my accomplishments since monday
Hecatomb Harness
Hecatomb Leggings
I've had the abjurations for a while, but didn't have gil freed up for the cursed items

even better than that, ls claimed King Behemoth last night so I'm a Behemoth Dethroner
and i got Pixie Earring /cheer~
another DL run tonight so maybe Assassin Armlets will drop /pray--

No.78
07-01-2006, 02:48 PM
I got me Magna Chausses and know every spell up to level 38, as a level 36 blue mage. So that's quite nice... Never had rsg before ^^.

Del Murder
07-01-2006, 06:15 PM
I just finished my subjob quest!

Ouch!
07-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Recently I completed G1 and G2 as well as collecting my warlock's boots, gloves, tights, and tabard. The last piece isn't going to be fun, though. The two NMs I need to fight are nasty buggers.

Lawr
07-03-2006, 03:38 PM
there's only 1 fully upgraded gkt on my server, owned by a jp who's played since game began and only got it this year

Hecatomb Harness
Hecatomb Leggings
I've had the abjurations for a while, but didn't have gil freed up for the cursed items

even better than that, ls claimed King Behemoth last night so I'm a Behemoth Dethroner
Im a guy...:eep:

Damn. You geeky nerds caught me in my act. At least its a better reaction than I thought. But, seriously, guy. Don't spend your life on this game. You'll soon find yourself with nothing to do, then you'll think...
Or you might run out of money to pay for it-either way you'll tell yourself:
Was it worth it? I know from first-hand experience.

EDIT
I don't want you to get your hopes up but, Congratulations?

Rostum
07-03-2006, 11:31 PM

Hecatomb Harness
Hecatomb Leggings

Im a guy...:eep:

Damn. You geeky nerds caught me in my act. At least its a better reaction than I thought. But, seriously, guy. Don't spend your life on this game. You'll soon find yourself with nothing to do, then you'll think...
Or you might run out of money to pay for it-either way you'll tell yourself:
Was it worth it? I know from first-hand experience.

EDIT
I don't want you to get your hopes up but, Congratulations?

Uhh, right... Sorry I just can't comprehend how stupid and ignorant this post sounds...

I've been playing for around two years or so, and I say it has been worth it. You know, I do other stuff than just play this game, I do have a life. :p I'm sorry but you just can't make a broad accusation about the people who play an MMO, like you just did.

Also about the lying, that was just lame. You don't have to go putting down the people who caught you out, that can be considered flamming. It came across as very immature on your behalf, very immature.

EDIT
I don't exactly understand what you mean. Get our hopes up for what? Congratulations for what? Make more sense in your posts, please.

Lawr
07-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Congratulations for what?

This is the Recent accomplishment thread isn't it?
And I'm sorry if it sounded like a put-down. Just a suggestion, cause
I got lots a friends who ended up quitting and using up alot of money they might have wanted. Yeah I don't hate you for playing. I'm not calling them nerds just their replies seemed nerdy to me.

sagensyg's obviously completely full of it up to her eyeballs

And you're saying I'm mean!?

Rostum
07-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Congratulations for what?

This is the Recent accomplishment thread isn't it?
And I'm sorry if it sounded like a put-down. Just a suggestion, cause
I got lots a friends who ended up quitting and using up alot of money they might have wanted. Yeah I don't hate you for playing. I'm not calling them nerds just their replies seemed nerdy to me.

Well, certainly seemed like you were making judgements. And I still don't get why you were congratulating? You weren't congratulating anything... Therefore it makes no sense!

And you're saying I'm mean!?

I don't exactly see how that statement is mean? You were lying, and he stated you were lying, so how is it mean?

Lawr
07-04-2006, 12:49 AM
I never insulted till I was insulted. Take it easy its jsut a forum.
Sorry for any trouble.

Yeargdribble
07-04-2006, 01:27 AM
It's interesthing how stigmatised gamers area nd MMO gamers to be more specific. Me and my wife fail to see what stimulating events are out there that we're missing out on. The people who would call us losers and say, "Get a life!"... what do they do?

I know a lot of my single friends do things like spend far too much money on a Friday night getting liquored up at a club and hoping to get laid. Is this a life? How about sitting on the couch watching some mind numbing television while swigging beer and eating cheese puffs... is that a life?

As for married people... Honestly we don't see where all of the socializing is out there. Sure you can socialize at work but if I spend all day working with someone I don't exactly wanna hang out with them during all of my leisure time. Playing something like this is a nice alternative to going and spending too much money on something else. You keep your brain more engaged than just watching TV and have a large amount of social interaction.

You mention the money issue several times but come on, seriously. My wife an I spend around $40 a month to play this game. How far would 40 bucks get you elsewhere in a month? If you only play offline games you're likely to spend that much per month. If you wanna go out $40 won't get you far. That would barely be enough for the cover charge to get into most clubs with 2 people. You wanna watch a movie? You might be able to take 2 people to the theater twice for $40 or go out to eat at a nice restaurant once or twice depending on how nice.

People spend a lot more money to be entertained on many other things than something like FFXI.

Miriel
07-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Alrighty, let's get back to talking about recent accomplishments, mmkay?

Today I leveled BLU to lvl 5 and realized that BLU is a mix between extreme elation (yay! I learned pollen!!) and extreme frustration (dammit, why can't I learn cacoon?!).

Laguna
07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Aw poor Miriel! I know the pain of BLU. I got so annoyed with it I stopped at 5! ^^

I pulled a few extra hours last night.... level 54+ gallant gloves. I now have 995 hp, so close to breaking the 1000 mark ><

Yeargdribble
07-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Oooh yes back to recent accomps ^^

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/BLU.jpg

That has me all done all the way to 20. I was soloing and got 70 XP -> 15 and then died. It was sad but meh. I figure I'll solo at least to 16 and then finally hit the dunes.

In other news my wife's WHM is only 14k tnl to 75. I feel like a noob next to her sometimes. I only have the one job at 75. Maybe one day.

Kuzotz
07-04-2006, 04:44 PM
It's interesthing how stigmatised gamers area nd MMO gamers to be more specific. Me and my wife fail to see what stimulating events are out there that we're missing out on. The people who would call us losers and say, "Get a life!"... what do they do?

I know a lot of my single friends do things like spend far too much money on a Friday night getting liquored up at a club and hoping to get laid. Is this a life? How about sitting on the couch watching some mind numbing television while swigging beer and eating cheese puffs... is that a life?

As for married people... Honestly we don't see where all of the socializing is out there. Sure you can socialize at work but if I spend all day working with someone I don't exactly wanna hang out with them during all of my leisure time. Playing something like this is a nice alternative to going and spending too much money on something else. You keep your brain more engaged than just watching TV and have a large amount of social interaction.

You mention the money issue several times but come on, seriously. My wife an I spend around $40 a month to play this game. How far would 40 bucks get you elsewhere in a month? If you only play offline games you're likely to spend that much per month. If you wanna go out $40 won't get you far. That would barely be enough for the cover charge to get into most clubs with 2 people. You wanna watch a movie? You might be able to take 2 people to the theater twice for $40 or go out to eat at a nice restaurant once or twice depending on how nice.

People spend a lot more money to be entertained on many other things than something like FFXI.

Get a passport and travel the world. Don't stay at a hotel. I mean stay are dormatories at the mercy of the kindness of host. But itt will help to know some people that live in the countries you will be visiting. Yeah the real way to live is to travel in my opinion. Just got back form Turkey and man it was crazy. town to town. Kinda like some FF game.But yeahriding in the back of a pickup filled with hay was great after you have walked 100 kilometers. Anyway it was the best 2 months of my life. Plus we did other things such as raft,try new things such as food. Hmm heard a new variety of music, and miss it. IF only I oculd go back. The best time was when I was in Izmir.....Well its split between Izmir and Alanya. With all seriousness leaving the US or whatever country you are from every once in awhile is good for you. I mean things get dull like you just said. Dull and expensive. I would rather spend 500 dollars on tickets to Turkey and stay in host families houses that's been set up by an organization than spend 600 dollars on an xbox360.

I hope this isn't considered a necropost. I recently go my 4th piece or relic. I'm now 4/5. Sadly I'm only missing the hat which is the best piece by far. Funny that I got both of my northlands pieces on the first run considering their extreme rarity and competition over the pants. I'll probably be the first BRD in history to get the entire rest of the set before the hat.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/AF.jpg

I'll be so glad to be rid of the crown which no longer is that useful but looks pretty nice with the body so I keep wearing it for the sake of running around looking good.
lol I went with the colonial look for awhile.I know how you feel man lol man I had to cancel my account though. Something came up, and now I have to wait until I can get some funds so I can play FF11 again. I'm gonna get the expansion soon though.

No.78
07-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Advice for BLU's that you probly heard already... But oh well.

It's all based on luck, CHR raises luck, so equip CHR gear and spells.
Use the Lotus Katana to inflict the least damage possible, and raise the maximum TP in the monster.
Use soporific or sheep song half way through to rest your HP and MP so you can continue waiting for it to use the move (soporific lasts longer)
And an obvious one, don't kill it before it uses the move, unless you're about to die yourself :p

My accomplishment is... Level 38, BLU is now my highest job! Unknown territory from now on... /scared

Lionx
07-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I have heard nothing about CHR affecting this. If it IS based on luck, and you havent really done enough testing with CHR...i dont really feel swayed to believe that.

Alixsar
07-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Well it's been over a week now and I've got my sub job, and I leveled my second job (monk) to 13. Once I get it to 18 it's back to war until 37, and then the real fun will begin.

chionos
07-05-2006, 03:45 AM
It sometimes feels like CHR does affect "luck." I need something to blame for my Treasure Hunter's weakness after all.
But SE have pretty plainly outlined multiple times what exactly chr has an affect on, and enmity/treasurehunter/"luck" are not on that list.

I agree with you Year. I dont' feel in any way that I need to "get a life." I have a rather wonderful life including a wife and a baby with another on the way. I work, I go to school, I spend time with RL friends(who also play ffxi and have eventful lives). All this and I can play FFXI endgame and keep up.

By the by, I don't think it's mean to point out that someone's lying, trying to deceive others with stupid nonsense. Anyone brazen enough to post trash in a forum with multiple intelligent endgame personnel deserves what they get.

No.78
07-06-2006, 12:52 PM
That's odd someone told me that CHR raises luck. Oh well, yesterday I was helping someone get his spells and he got jet stream, uppercut, chaotic eye and sound blast all off first kill! And he was wearing tons of INT equips, so maybe it's INT?

Accomplishment: Level 39 BLU and I've become a linksac holder *dances* woot now I feel special :D

Laguna
07-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Achievements today:
- Bought Royal Knight's Chainmail for 55
- Bought Cure IV
- Bought Holy (hahahaha, why did I bother?)
- Solo'ed staff skill to 100 (learned Starburst)
- Realised I have no idea what job I actually want to take to 75 (Im stopping pld at 60)

Lionx
07-07-2006, 03:36 AM
He was wearing INT to affect his spell's resists and power...i highly doubt it without any testing involved...

Laguna
07-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Renewed faith in pld!

Tanked 5-1 (Fei'yin) and 5-2 (Xarcabard, Land of truths) at level 54. Won on first try on both. I can't wait to test myself against some bigger opponents. Pld ftw!

This also means I got rank 6. Awesome.

Germ Hamee
07-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Finished the Rank 4 mission! Jesus, it took forever to wrangle up people to help me out with that one. This puts me at Rank 5 with an AIRSHIP PASS!! Ahahaha, finally! *flies all over the place*

Fuego
07-14-2006, 03:24 AM
Woot ME !!!!
I just in the last few days got my Rdm up to 50 and did the LB1 Quest !!! :D
Also raised my blm to 25 so i could do the quest for aspire .... and sub with Rdm ... :tongue:

Yeargdribble
07-14-2006, 05:03 AM
Well I recently switched to Bastok with my wife so we can get our final nation to Rank 10. Managed to duo all of missions 6-1, 6-2, 7-1, 7-2. Planning on trioing 8-1 and 8-2 soon with our SMN friend and then for 9-1 We'll need to get some serious help.

I can't wait to get done and switch back to Windy forever.

Alixsar
07-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Got to Jeuno finally. War is at 22, Mnk is at 18 still. Finally got some decent gear, too. Can't wait to finish up at Qufim and eventually get to Dark Knight. I need to do the chocobo quest sometime soon as well.

Del Murder
07-16-2006, 04:11 AM
Got a chocobo license. :) I feel like I'm 16 again, laughing at all the pedestrians.

Levian
07-16-2006, 04:41 PM
I stopped at least 10 people, then I asked them if they remembered me, Sarah. Then I undressed, and asked them if that freshened their mind. Then they left :/

Then I answered to people's shouts and told them Misfit was interested in buying/selling. I also told a few people Misfit were giving out free gil. Funniest FFXI day I had in a while.

Misfit
07-18-2006, 05:10 PM
I stopped at least 10 people, then I asked them if they remembered me, Sarah. Then I undressed, and asked them if that freshened their mind. Then they left :/

Then I answered to people's shouts and told them Misfit was interested in buying/selling. I also told a few people Misfit were giving out free gil. Funniest FFXI day I had in a while.
Somebody tried to sell me an astral ring... as I'm sitting there as war/nin. Then I get /tells from people asking for gil.

>:o

Freakin' Smelly...

As for my recent accomplisment... I got my AF gloves. :3

Yeargdribble
07-23-2006, 09:45 AM
I can't believe it took as long as it did but I finally did get myself a Genbu's Shield. These days I probably won't be putting it to too much use considering that any time I'm soloing I'll be /NIN and DWing. Still it'll be nice for epeen and ocassionally I do things with /WHM or /RDM and in the future as /BLU.

Now just to wait on my turn for Osode.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Shield.jpg

Alixsar
07-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Chocobo license/airship pass to Kazham/level 28. My goal is level 30 by tonight and then possibly advanced job by tonight, but we'll see. Still can't decide between Dragoon and Dark Knight...but whatever.

ThePheonix
07-24-2006, 01:53 AM
I recently did the subjob quest! Now I'm back in Sandy doing wood working (now at 6)

chionos
07-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Gone on kind of a spree of getting stuff lately. Mainly though, I finally ungimped my weapons
Main hand: Blau Dolch
Off hand: Sirocco Kukri

strawberryman
07-24-2006, 06:39 AM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9673/moldybb7.jpg

I am a happy Black Mage.

Misfit
07-26-2006, 04:07 AM
As for my recent accomplisment... I got my AF gloves. :3
Got my AF helmet, level 55, and other pretty armor~

Now I'm being lazy 'cause I have level ninja... and I hate ninja... in the jungles, too... ugh.

Shihei... *checks wallet* ._.

Rostum
07-26-2006, 07:59 AM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9673/moldybb7.jpg

I am a happy Black Mage.

It only took you a few months. =p Hehe, I know, it's a bad drop rate.

I have accomplished not playing for a month and a half! Yay!

square_is_the_best
07-28-2006, 03:02 AM
Finally did subjob quest and got to Jeuno. Then I walked back to Dangruf Wadi to farm the Gausbit Grass for chocobo quest. The place was crawling with other parties doing the same thing. I think I only killed 5 or 6 rabbits before I got cut down by a goblin, but the last rabbit dropped some grass. I was laughing at all the others still looking for grass:p So I home point warped back to Jeuno, excited as hell to finally get a chocobo when to my surprise, I find out out I need 3 MORE Gausbit grass:( Needless to say I had a fun WALK back to Dangruf where I finally got all the grass I needed this morning. Treasure Hunter is a lifesaver.

Mikztsu
07-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Now I have 75 Ranger, 75 Monk and...61 Corsair! =D Gotten a lot of new good equips for all my jobs which are on the pictures. Also I just got Corsair AF done:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Mikkers/cor2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Mikkers/cor.jpg

... and here's my ranger:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Mikkers/rng.jpg

Vincentsinnerdemon
07-28-2006, 02:38 PM
i got 5 advanced jobs yesterday DRK DRG BRD RNG and BST im gettin the others later this week :D

and in doing so me and a friend set the record for the DRG quest dragon at 45 seconds.

Luc
07-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Uh.. got BLM to 75 a while ago, got my weskit, Zenith mitts, a few HQ staves, and that's pretty much it.

Kiwi Nazi
07-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I just got my subjob a couple days ago...

Markus. D
07-28-2006, 11:40 PM
congradulations :]

ummm, no real accomplishments, here, I think I will log in and pwn it for awhile :]

Fuego
07-29-2006, 04:14 AM
got my whm up to 30, bought 2 tactician peices weapon and coat for 52 rdm ... farming now to get the rest of the set ... and gonna get a Dark staff too >.<
also got blue up to 11 and learned 4 spells so far ...
Does anyone know if you have to do anything specific to get metalic body and cocoon ? those 2 are pissin me off ... been 2 days and nothin >.< they use them and i kill the crawler or clipper and then nothin .... i didn't even realize i had gotten Pollen ... lmao !!! :p

Edit *********
Bought a Dark Staff for 20,000 gil ! YAY ! I hear thats a good price ;)

chionos
08-02-2006, 01:30 AM
dun care that this is a huge bump =P
Mik it's nice to see you still play.
Taru cor is hawt
Haven't really accomplished anything special lately, though tomorrow I may get Homam Corozza if it drops, that'll be nice.

Yeargdribble
08-02-2006, 02:24 AM
Well I finally got off my butt and started leveling BLU again. I've been looking forward to it but never could make myself do it. I'm 24 and I'm learned up through 28.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/BLU-1.jpg

Had to pick a special angle since Martial Slacks make a taru look so fat >.>

Also had fun in sea the other night. Our primary social/sky LS is branching into sea so we've started doing sea with them instead of our older and more experienced sea shell. Finally convinced them to pop one of the tier I Ix'Aerns. Here we are kiting Ix'MNK after he 2hr pwn'd one of our NINs.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Ix.jpg

No drop at all ; ;

Miriel
08-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Just dinged level 30 with my Summoner. Promyvions, here we come!

Also, Mik, omg lookit the little pirate taru! ^_^

Yeargdribble
08-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Got my BLU to 33 (full RSE because nothing else compares)
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Chin.jpg

Beat "Storms of Fate" (Bahamutv1) here's an action shot... kinda

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Bv1.jpg

My linkshell has pretty much let me take over as their primary Kirin kiter, so that's a bit of fun ^^

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Kite.jpg

Kinda hard to take a screenshot while you're running from something.

Laguna
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
As of this morning I am a paragon of paladin excellence! Finally reached 60, full AF!

Next up, the 60 cap, that should be a whole lot of fun.

Yeargdribble
08-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Grats Laguna ^^

On the bright side, LB3 is a joke compared to LB1 and LB2. LB4 is even easier, and from what I hear, PLD Maat is a joke.

Kuzotz
08-07-2006, 03:15 AM
I broke the addiction. Its been an entire year since I last played FF11. I also jsut uninstalled the game....I know I'll be missing out on a lot on this game, but I don't want to miss out on life.

dodhungry
08-07-2006, 12:09 PM
even though I have now owned this game for 2 months now I think I can now say I feel like I have accomplished something worth posting....

I am now lvl 30 and have acheived my goal of becoming a mentor! yea yea it may not seem that big of a deal but lvl 30 is something to be proud about.

Taggerung
08-09-2006, 01:35 AM
I hit 67 yesterday and finally bought a Scorpion Harness for 3,950,000 gil!

Rostum
08-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Holy smokes, it's Tagg!

Del Murder
08-09-2006, 06:10 AM
I unlocked Paladin!

Rostum
08-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Grats! If you need any advice don't be afraid to ask. ;D

Laguna
08-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Broke the 60 cap!

Obtained level 61.

So close to dynamis, yet so far!

Rikku_007
08-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I got to level 24 twice today and leveled down back to 23 twice today to:cry:

ScottNUMBERS
08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I obtained my first ever piece of AF Equipment!

Khaotic
08-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Spent 400k on tenshodo fame on my new char and got water fork and utsusemi ichi! <.<

Yeargdribble
08-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow! Is Zinc or that expensive on your server? My wife and I do little Norg runs here and there for extra spending money and we usually spend between 105k and 210k for enough fame to flag everything.

gnrfan
08-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi, new to this forum.

Anyway my "recent" accomplishments would've been getting my Dune Boots and Destroyers for my MNK.

Khaotic
08-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Wow! Is Zinc or that expensive on your server? My wife and I do little Norg runs here and there for extra spending money and we usually spend between 105k and 210k for enough fame to flag everything.
3k each, some being over because of greedy people, so 3-3.5 but yeah didn't matter how much I spent, I knew I'd come out more with selling utsusemi, tonk, kurayami, etc.

Yeargdribble
08-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah... it's the same on Fenrir except we refuse to buy that high. We buy only in non-Bastok cities. It's always 3-3.5k in Bastok because RMT figured it out. It's barely even profitable any longer for us ; ; The same person always has 8/10 of the last sales for months now. His name was Menfena but after the last big banning it changed to Menfea. Anything at all in this game that can make good profit is owned by RMT ; ;

Alixsar
08-16-2006, 08:41 AM
After a lot of work getting WAR to 30, I randomly decided to completely ignore all my previous plans of making DRK my main. I randomly decided to go the route of DRG, and after some serious fetch questing/dragon fighting, I unlocked it. I haven't had as much time to play lately, but my DRG is sitting at level 31 right now. I'm basically broke, but I have some decent gear (battle gloves/merc. cpt's. doublet/beetle earrings +1/spike necklace/platoon lance/balance rings) as well as some not so decent gear (everything else I have). If there are any fellow low-level DRGs reading out there, I highly recommend getting the platoon lance. I've had it since level 20 and it really dishes out the damage. The battle gloves are great too, but they're usually expensive. I lucked out and got mine at the Jeuno AH for insanely cheap.

Yeargdribble
08-27-2006, 07:10 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Osode-1.jpg

Rostum
08-28-2006, 03:07 AM
I got an intruders earring. :)

Yeargdribble
08-28-2006, 04:56 AM
I really need to get an Intruder and Cassie myself for tanking, but I'm not ready to drop 2-3M on the Cassie.

Rikku_007
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
:D :D I got to level 30!! YAY :D :D

Rostum
08-29-2006, 01:26 AM
I really need to get an Intruder and Cassie myself for tanking, but I'm not ready to drop 2-3M on the Cassie.

Me neither. I was thinking of trying my luck on the Tarutaru RSE earring -- that's +35HP with no MP lost, which is just as good IMO. But it's a bit of a pain to get...

Yeargdribble
08-29-2006, 02:19 AM
That thought had also crossed my mind since my Elvaan friend recently got his RSE Earring from that ENM. I still just hate going through all of that trouble to probably not have it drop.

I currently need to do a lot to improve my accessories. I'm not sure whether I want to go with a Cheviot Cape or Umbra Mantle, but for the moment it seems Cheviot is the more cost effective route.

For rings I usually use Minstrel's + BQ unless fire is an issue. I need to stop being so lazy and try to get my Jelly, though I figure that will also be very situational. What's your opinion on using Jelly and when not to use it? Since I spend so little time in the yellow my Minstrel's Ring just takes up space. If I'm fighting a fire and magic using mob that puts me out of both BQ and Jelly options it would seem.

For earrings I guess I'll aim at intruder and maybe something else, just not sure what good ear options there are aside from Cassie. Enmity is never an issue so I didn't feel I really needed to go the enmity+ route.

For my neck, I currently use basically nothing (Wind Torque does me no good) so I'm really not sure what to do there. Once several PLDs and NINs get Fortitude Torques I think I would opt for that but currently that's not an option.

Currently my VIT with /NIN is 62+30 with Seiryu's Kote (I could gain another 7 VIT and lose 36 HP by switching to AF+1 hands, but they have enmity- which I doubt will be an issue, thoughts?)

Over all I don't really know how my VIT compares to HP and such. I really need to understand when which is better.

Del Murder
08-29-2006, 05:03 AM
Rank 4!

Laguna
08-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Restarted my career as red mage. Nearly out of valkurm in one day.

Markus. D
08-30-2006, 03:34 AM
I got to level 42 today n_n

it has taken me awhile but I am getting there :]

Yeargdribble
08-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Good to see Tsuk sticking to a character and making some pretty impressive progress. GJ man.

Miriel
08-30-2006, 07:37 AM
I got my black mage subjob to level 30. At this point I think I want to continue on with Summoner instead of Black Mage.

Mostly I've been helping my boyfriend with his character and getting all his ranks and stuff done.

Markus. D
08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Good to see Tsuk sticking to a character and making some pretty impressive progress. GJ man.

thank you :D

Crossblades
08-30-2006, 03:43 PM
My Monk reached level 25 and learned Focus:)

No.78
08-31-2006, 06:20 PM
I randomly got fire ore, following no particular recipe... So that was a nice surprise :)

chionos
08-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Got a Voyager Sallet and Jaeger Ring from the annoying flies in Riverne, I organized a small group of ppl and monopolized the flies for about a week.
Biggest accomplishment to date is my ls took on Jormungand this past sunday. Was a hella fun fight. We used pld/nin tanks and me and about 4 other ppl TAWS skillchains on them throughout the fight. Jailor of Love is a couple weeks away, and then Tiamat and Vrtra sometime in October. Hopefully I'll get my torque! woot
We contine to kill Dynamis Lord on a regular basis, we have 3 ppl with the cape, and 3 with the ring, one person with both. I <3 my LS.
BTW, anybody that doesn't have ventrilo set up for your shell, do it now.

strawberryman
09-01-2006, 04:43 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8839/accomplishmentstc9.jpg
First piece of AF2~

Yeargdribble
09-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Damn chionos... I'm jealous. I'm really looking to get a Voyager Sallet and Jaeger Ring for my BLU. I think I could probably convince a LS group to go. What set up did you use?

btw... grats on the tonban Stac ^^

chionos
09-01-2006, 11:31 PM
everyday was different for the flies, because it was mainly during the week during the day so random ppl would be on. First day was hardest because we had no smns which make the fight a breeze, so we took a bunch of blm and kept them slept while an assortment of melee, sam thf drk mnk, took them down 1 by 1. There were a bunch of deaths on the first day. Total setup was: Blm Blm Blm Rdm Rdm Pld Pld Thf Sam Drk Mnk, and maybe one or two others. It was kind of hard like this because the flies never stayed asleep for long, so the mages were spending the whole time sleeping mobs and couldn't nuke(not that regular nuking does much, -ga spells suck because there's so many mobs, and the tier 2 spells you have, water fire stone i think, aren't worth much to speak of. Most days after that the basic setup was: Pld
Blm Rdm 2-3Smn
Some days there were various melee that leeched the fight, and one day there were 5 smns, which was fun. 3 40Smn can pretty much finish off all 10 flies with one round of Diamond Dust. Except for the day with 5Smn, we normally had 1 40Smn and 1 or 2 30-31Smn, so the flies would have like 10% hp after DD, so I would sleepga and we would finish them off one by one, which at that low hp was pretty easy.
30Smn > 40Blm FYI. even gimped the mini-smns were doing way more damage in one DD round then I would spending all my mp on -ga spells. Each fly had about 1500 hp, and avg DD did 350-550.

strawberryman
09-02-2006, 07:46 PM
btw... grats on the tonban Stac ^^

{Thank you.} Now I just have to beat Maat and level up so I can wear it. Got an Igquira weskit and Errant slops as gifts, too. Almost like they're mocking me for not being able to wear it. ,_,

Ouch!
09-17-2006, 05:32 AM
It only took me four years, but I hit level 60 today. Full AF, penitent's rope, and phantom earrings. I'm happy. =3

Khaotic
09-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I quit! Best accomplishment anyone can ever achieve.

ThePheonix
09-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Recent acomplishments:
Rank 5! (I had to solo most of the rank 4 mission as lvl 39 whm)

I got my NPC (Soloed the whole thing lvl 38 whm, killed the dragon on second try)
His name is Balu-Falu

I did gobbie bag #1 quest

Quested Teleport-Holla

Unlocked Beastmaster

Planing on doing BCNM30 (the lizzy one) sometime soon, anyone want to join?

This should be a sticky thread! It took me a good 20 seconds to find it having to scroll down while reading other interesting threads

and... Is there an EoFF LS (or one where most EoFFers are) on Pandy? if so, I want a pearl, please!

dodhungry
09-25-2006, 03:23 AM
the most recent accomplishments for me:

got RDM, THF, DRG, and DRK up to lvl 15
Soloed the NM Fungus Beetle and got the drop.
and now have over 50k gil :D

Del Murder
09-25-2006, 04:50 AM
I got my PLD AF1 sword. :)

dodhungry
10-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Wooo!!
Got my NPC this morning!!! :tongue: :D

Rostum
10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
I really haven't been playing much, at all. Maybe 4 days in the last month or so. Anyways I got BLU to 20 and BST to 10, just trying something different for a change, really sick of parties.

Crossblades
10-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Got an Airship pass to Khazam:D

Khaotic
10-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Managed to not play since I said I quit. :D

Yeargdribble
10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Had fun tanking Hakutaku 4 times the other night. Honestly one of the easier things I've tanked as BRD/NIN.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Hktk.jpg

I'm gonna have to be tanking something in a BCNM soon and it's not blink tankable. He also has hate reset which he does often which means you just need a meat shield to take the hits. I decided to see what kinda DEF I could get for myself.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/BRDWAR.jpg

In other news my WAR hit 40 a while back and my THF is now 30.

Rostum
10-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Damn you and that gear, give me it. >.<;

Del Murder
10-12-2006, 02:38 AM
In the last week or so I have gotten Rank 5 and level 50 on PLD. :D

Now I am slacking on that 50 cap quest.

Rostum
10-12-2006, 03:02 AM
If only you were on Midgar, I'd get the quest items for you in a jiffy!

Ouch!
10-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Now I am slacking on that 50 cap quest.
If you're talking about mission 5-1, I can cheer you up. I'm level 60 and I still haven't done it. =/

Del Murder
10-12-2006, 04:43 AM
No I mean to raise my level limit past 50. But I am also on 5-1 as it turns out. :)

Miriel
10-12-2006, 08:45 AM
I got level 50 too. :D

And I've been on 5-1 for like 10 years now. Or at least it feels like I've been on 5-1 for that long. Still been awhile though. More than 6 months I think.

Markus. D
10-12-2006, 10:56 AM
theres a 50 cap quest T-T?

do I die like I do on any other quest? (including that delivering hat advert thingy quest... not that I died.... but anyways...)

what happens?

Rostum
10-12-2006, 11:47 AM
There's genkai quests to raise your level cap from:

1. 50-55 (Collect items dropped from tough mobs)
2. 55-60 (Fight 3 semi-hnm mobs in Xarcabard)
3. 60-65 (Sneak around 3 dungeons to get key items)
4. 65-70 (Talk to some people around the three nations)
5. 70-75 (Defeat Maat)

And 5-1 is pretty easy, just have to get a PLD to take care of the skeletons (they are incredibly weak) and shove a MNK or two on the main big one).

Misfit
10-12-2006, 03:41 PM
It only took me four years, but I hit level 60 today. Full AF, penitent's rope, and phantom earrings. I'm happy. =3
I'm glad I'm not the only impossibly slow leveler. >_>

About 3 years, only level 57. :( But I've been taking on-and-off breaks, so. :cool:

Miriel
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm catching up to you!

PS. We could totally rock Promys now with my SMN. :cool:

Bahamut2000X
10-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Last big thing I did was get sky access. Then as I was running from a doll up there and zoned into Lu'gannon Palace, (or however it's spelled.) I got d/ced in between zones, and had to wait 5 hours to play my main. T_T

Although getting into sky was a challenge itself. Took me much longer then most people cause I kept d/cing every 3 min on my way up, and in there. >.>

Yeargdribble
10-12-2006, 10:53 PM
5-1 is painfully easy if you have a BRD. The smallest group I've done it with was 2xWHM/NIN and 1xBRD/RDM. If you've got a BRD to worry about the swarm of adds you can just focus on the main dude.

Bahamut2000X
10-13-2006, 05:27 PM
I did 5-1 with WHM X2, PLD X2, BLM, WAR. Was an easy victory. WHM's spamed banishaga II, while me and other PLD jumped hate around between us. Even had a dual set up of Invincible + Benediction, when it was needed. Worked out very well. ^^

Grand Lethal
10-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Finally beat ZM17 finally the other day. Got to move onto the quests to head to Apocolypse Nigh.

Also got COR to almost 54 as well, soon I'll look like a pirate!

strawberryman
10-17-2006, 11:52 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4387/uglypieqv8.jpg
<3

Rostum
10-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Finally beat ZM17 finally the other day. Got to move onto the quests to head to Apocolypse Nigh.

Also got COR to almost 54 as well, soon I'll look like a pirate!

You still have my avatar I made for you. XD

Yeargdribble
10-18-2006, 10:55 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Relic.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/God.jpg

Finally got 5/5 relic ^^ Decided to throw in a cool pic of 5/5 god gear ^^

EDIT: Eww my graphics were turned way down when I took those ><

Coronet
10-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Recent changes? I started FFXI up again after a year break. :)

dodhungry
10-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Woo I won the race in my LS to hit lvl 30 war first lol :D

Now off to lvl WHM to 25 for raise ;)

Bahamut2000X
10-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Just beat Maat last night. Beat the record while I was at it, by well over a min. ^^b

Even more didn't go in with as much of the meds/gear as people say are required to win. Standard exp gear, popped on a bream sushi, a yag drink, ic wing, and a pamama au lait, and just went at it and won real well. ^^

oddler
11-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Cleared Bastok 2-2 and got my dagger from 18 to 45 in under an hour. :) Also started playing warrior and used a great axe for the first time. :eek:

Markus. D
11-03-2006, 11:03 PM
got Korodoberi to level ten (WHM), sold fire crystal 12 stack for 4k, sold Yagudo Necklace for 600 gill, Sold Yagudo Necklace for 1k.

:D

edit: also brought 3 pieces of ugly furniture for under 1k (edit edit: each).

Del Murder
11-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Today I did all the NIN scroll quests and got my PLD AF boots! A productive day indeed.

oddler
11-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Defeated the Black Dragon for the first time. Ha. :cool:

Mirage
11-08-2006, 04:39 AM
Wiped in Promyvion Holla :D

Misfit
11-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I uh, finally got a baby chocobo!

It's a boy named... I don't remember.

I like taking it for walks. IT MADE A FRIEND NAMED AIR. Awwh!

It fills me with great amounts of happiness when I see my baby chocobo. :3

strawberryman
11-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I finally got through CoP Three Paths after my LS being on it for a good 2 weeks. >_>

Misfit
11-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Look what I just bought...

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5053/tynosh2eo4.png

SH - Only 1,700,000 gil. ;D

CUTE, I KNOW. :3

Rostum
11-09-2006, 12:51 AM
I got WAR to level 50, pretty fun so far. I've only had one NIN tank keeping hate from me -- but I guess the other parties had COR with fighter's and rogue's roll. =)

Mmm, not much else. I have enough gil to buy a Hauby and a couple of Snipers though, so I might do that soon.

Markus. D
11-09-2006, 02:17 AM
learned 3 -ga spells in one day when Kuro's WHM level got to 18 :D

then went farm-ish (no TH) crazy in Outer Horo...something (where is the tab button when you want it to work!) and... uhhh, went a little to crazy :D and died/Leveled Down!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1074217/548442110-WHM13.JPG

ps: oh and BLM is in Valkurm, I love the walk from Windurst to Selbina, it's fun!

Rostum
11-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Got all my AF for WAR today. <3 I'm waiting at level 50 for some friends to catch up.

Markus. D
11-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Got all my AF for WAR today. <3 I'm waiting at level 50 for some friends to catch up.

Congrats

Misfit
11-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Omecle realizes how much WAR rocks.

Now we just need to convert everybody else. ^_^

oddler
11-10-2006, 12:41 AM
I played WAR for about 3 hours and got to lvl 9. Didn't have too much fun because I like super-fast weapons and I had a great axe equipped. Maybe my opinion will change when I get into party atmospheres.

Recently got my Kazham Airship Pass and rode an airship for the first time. Woot! Also, I've started Chains of Promathia but I have yet to actually go through and Promyvions. :)

Rostum
11-10-2006, 02:07 AM
You can't have an opinion on a job with only 9 levels of experience. WAR has a great DoT with dual axes at 50+, and can do some pretty good numbers on their WS's.

Yes Misfit, WAR is awesome. <3 It's a shame my end-game shell only wants me as PLD for now, but maybe by the time I get WAR up there they'll let me do stuff on it.

Markus. D
11-10-2006, 07:53 AM
I (would be playing at this moment but my PC I think has had its last days) got to 16 on my BLM :3

it was amazing!

Learned the first BLM -ga at level 15.

explodies ^-^

Misfit
11-10-2006, 06:48 PM
WAR has a great DoT with dual axes at 50+, and can do some pretty good numbers on their WS's.
Rampage ftw. :D~

Fuego
11-10-2006, 09:43 PM
YAY yesterday I got my Rdm AF ... Gloves and Boots !!!! Now i only need the hat !!!

Misfit
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM
I got G3 done, which was actually quite easy.

Yay, now I can go to level 65 and get in that Dynamis shell. >.>

Rostum
11-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Because you defenately need to do dynamis as quick as you can. For melee, I'd defenately say you'd be better off waiting til 70+ to do dynamis, because the mobs are pretty insane.

I recently got rank 9 and am now up to the very last Windurst mission (up to the BCNM part).

Citizen Bleys
11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Bored, so here's a quick summary of what I've been up to since I left EoFF:

Got BRD & SAM to 75
Changed mains to Samurai
Got my Minstrel's Coat and Opo-Opo crown
Finished 4 suits of AF (BRD, WHM, SAM, THF)
Got my O-Hat
Killed Mysticmaker Profblix solo. 12 times. Finally got the drop.
finished Critical Hit merits
Got 1 merit in Spell Interruption-, 1 in Great Katana, 1 STR, and 3 in MP
Got BLM to 40
Got DRK to 46
RDM39 -- In a static with Shotzee (former co-worker) for one more level
Got Garuda, Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh...2 more to go before collecting whispers for Fenrir
Still on Sandy Mission 9-2
Still on ZM5
Still need 2 out of 3 initial Promyvions done.
My Mog Locker is paid up well into 2008
Made the following comment in my FFXI Journal:

Working with Acadians like I do, I've picked up a smattering of French. Nevertheless, I am never going to put EN/FR/JP OK in my search comment again.

Bastards kept pulling gobs and surrendering.
Next projects: Finish MP merits, get another STR, and get RDM to 75 so I can merit Elemental Magic Skill. Next job I intend to take seriously is BLM.

Khaotic
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/552/osode3vs6.jpg

Ignore the graphics :D

Citizen Bleys
11-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I like the Osode.

GIVE IT TO ME

Misfit
11-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Because you defenately need to do dynamis as quick as you can. For melee, I'd defenately say you'd be better off waiting til 70+ to do dynamis, because the mobs are pretty insane.
Well, you see... I'm going in with my friend. And I do EVERYTHING with my buddy. And I won't die there, because my head warrior buddy will protect me. >:3

And honestly. Me getting to 65 will take another 2 years. Getting to 70 = 4 years.

CUT ME SOME SLACK!

ps. bleys h4x.

Rostum
11-14-2006, 01:00 AM
;o

And wow @ bleys.

Khaotic
11-14-2006, 06:00 AM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1989/asdasdasdvu9.png
Stupid hagun, finally.

Yeargdribble
11-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Is there are reason you editted your name out of that picture?

Misfit
11-14-2006, 06:25 PM
SECRET AGENT MEN.

Citizen Bleys
11-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Hagun owns. Just don't let your TP go over 200%...the TP bonus from Hagun can't go over 300%, so if you go over 200%, you're wasting TP.

I still need to get Shikkokyo in case I ever need to wait on a renkei again.

Khaotic
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Yes. and I'm quite aware of how hagun works :P

Rostum
11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Ah, now I know. Your the Yingching that I see in-game. ;o

Yeargdribble
11-14-2006, 10:48 PM
You're afraid we'll know your ingame name? I dunno, not attacking, I just find it odd that someone would purposely remove their name from the status screen. I can't really imagine a reason for it >.>

Misfit
11-15-2006, 12:41 AM
You're afraid we'll know your ingame name? I dunno, not attacking, I just find it odd that someone would purposely remove their name from the status screen. I can't really imagine a reason for it >.>
So that EoFF nerds don't send him /tells asking for gil.

DUH!

Markus. D
11-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Maybe his name is a swear word :D?

Rostum
11-15-2006, 02:15 AM
*she

And I just said her name, Yingching. D;